1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Politics, Religion & More!

FRIENDLY debate over contentious topics can be found here.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GasBandit
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. stienman

Funny (political, religious) pictures

I think this could be real but the thought is funny enough regardless.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Eriol

Canadian Politics

Our Federal Finance Minister is in hot water recently: The sad part is Morneau was supposed to be the adult at the table So that's a thing recently. There's probably interesting Trump parallels...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. stienman

Drunk driving - Ban Assault Alcohols!

There's also rules about that, if by "take them out" you mean brandish them. You can *carry* them in a non-ready state all you like (shoulder straps, holsters, etc), but carrying them "at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Charlie Don't Surf

*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

Nope. The amendments to which you refer only prohibit discrimination based on exact criteria. But there is no actual constitutional guarantee of a right to vote. That was reaffirmed in 2000 in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. blotsfan

Trump Regime Thread

My administration My military My deal Certainly says MY a lot
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Eriol

NAFTA - Catch-all

Hasn't been many updates on this recently, but today there's "news" kinda: After warm welcome for Trudeau, Trump hints at bilateral trade deal with Canada Basically the only part of the news...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Charlie Don't Surf

[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

I'm not bothering to read that. I just wanted to say that from what I remember the superviser was the one who told the officer to arrest her. If I'm remembering rightI think they got the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. GasBandit

JonTron: White Nationalist?

Well, make up your damn mind... ... Also, i meant that it's fine if you just being an asshole online to blow off steam, or just fuck around with breaking some social rules to feel naughty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Eriol

Energy - Fossil, Renewable, Nuclear

I mean I know it's happening in Canada while my example happened in America. But with Fraking we had people's water being lit on fire and it took ages for anybody in power to really check on that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. stienman

Obamacare

I was referring to the most recently completed century, yes. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Jay
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. stienman
    Like x 4

Don't dehumanize groups or individuals

You mean just take the fun that is there without attempting to increase it's value by exploiting it? Now that's just anti-capitalistic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Eriol

[Brazelton] Family Sues Apple for NOT Implementing Drive Detect Feature

Deterrence and a forced reminder is useful for some. I don't think forcing people to comply is the right way to go for this sort of thing anyway. However, if we force car manufacturers to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. PatrThom

All your guns are belong in this thread.

You got a new nickname for your gun!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Eriol
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Eriol

AI that can determine a person’s sexuality from photos

On second thought, I've decided that more research is necessary.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Zero Esc

"Wrong" vs "Censorship"

We've already heard about the "Irma is a liberal hoax" crap Rush Limbaugh has been spewing. But now we've got the real possibility that people in harms way are going to take him at his word and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Eriol
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Denbrought
    Hugs x 4

[News] Van attack in Barcelona

A 51-year-old German woman, critically wounded in the Barcelona attack, died in the hospital, raising the death toll of the attacks to 16. There was a massive march in Barcelona yesterday in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Zappit

Town Covers Up Gang Rape to Protect High School Football Season

Because nobody else has said it, it's explicitly mentioned in that article that the Judge had nothing to do with the Son's case, but DID have the shooter in front of him on more than one occasion....
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Eriol

Bees - Beemageddon, or Everything's Fine?

I want more honey. It is needed for good mead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Bubble181

12 dead in shooting in Paris

There's a number of "mass attack" threads in this forum. We may want to consolidate, but this one is the same city: Man arrested after driver hits French soldiers, injuring six This is in Paris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. DarkAudit

A 2016 Downticket Thread

So, like Trump, you want the Soviets to take over. :awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Necronic

Civil Forfieture. WTF.

They thought maybe it was a victim of Studebaker Syndrome. You know, like Patty Hearse. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Eriol

Israel Thread

Wasn't sure where to put this one, Trump thread or here, but I think here is slightly more appropriate, as while the comments go beyond Israel, the ones getting the biggest headlines are regarding...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. twitchmoss

Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

I may have posted this elsewhere already, but it still fits here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. fade

A question about transgender issues

Let's not forget that "I only want to have sex with men" and "I consider myself to be female" are not equivalent statements. They may have a subset of overlapping characteristics, but they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Eriol

Doctor Assisted Suicide and Related

As i said, i haven't watched the case very closely, but as i recall he can't live without the machines, which is one of the things mentioned in the brain death article. And i disagree that not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Eriol

Cultural Appropriation - Censorship vs Racism, or not?

Ranch is the only thing that makes most food-that-doesn't-have-a-face tolerable.
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. DarkAudit

[News] Bombings in Brussels

Nah, not particularly. There's a clear uptick in faux-muslim terrorism during and around the Ramadan, since it's supposed to be the period of the year where your good deeds count for most, you're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. DarkAudit
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Mathias

Milo Yanapolalapwallashammaramadingdong steps down from Breitbart

His new venture is apparently actively recruiting young teenagers. COMPLETELY not creepy at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Eriol
    Informative x 3

[News] Car then Knife Attack on British Parliament

And, in the world's least surprising story development... ISIS claims responsibility.
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options