1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Politics, Religion & More!

FRIENDLY debate over contentious topics can be found here.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GasBandit

Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I wish people would show Huffpost the door.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. blotsfan

Trump Regime Thread

Correct. But if there's nothing there, they've done nothing wrong even if they are nazi scum. If we judge any other way we set ourselves up for a future time when it's unlawful to protest because...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Denbrought
    Hugs x 4

[News] Van attack in Barcelona

...Cuba. Oh boy, did those guys pick the wrong people to piss off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Eriol

You might live in a Police State if...

...if this becomes the norm: Not a joke. Here comes the whole 2nd amendment argument alllllll over again. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Charlie Don't Surf
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Eriol

Bees - Beemageddon, or Everything's Fine?

I want more honey. It is needed for good mead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Eriol
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Eriol

Canadian Politics

Heh, soldier in an army... coz rebellions are famous for being so well organized. Maybe if your only example os the recent "rebellion" in Ukraine.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bubble181

12 dead in shooting in Paris

There's a number of "mass attack" threads in this forum. We may want to consolidate, but this one is the same city: Man arrested after driver hits French soldiers, injuring six This is in Paris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. DarkAudit

A 2016 Downticket Thread

So, like Trump, you want the Soviets to take over. :awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Necronic

Civil Forfieture. WTF.

They thought maybe it was a victim of Studebaker Syndrome. You know, like Patty Hearse. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Eriol

Israel Thread

Wasn't sure where to put this one, Trump thread or here, but I think here is slightly more appropriate, as while the comments go beyond Israel, the ones getting the biggest headlines are regarding...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. twitchmoss

Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

I may have posted this elsewhere already, but it still fits here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Eriol

Energy - Fossil, Renewable, Nuclear

Definitely Canadian politics, but also definitely energy: Supreme Court quashes seismic testing in Nunavut, but gives green light to Enbridge pipeline Given the past history of the Supreme...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. fade

A question about transgender issues

Let's not forget that "I only want to have sex with men" and "I consider myself to be female" are not equivalent statements. They may have a subset of overlapping characteristics, but they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Eriol

Doctor Assisted Suicide and Related

As i said, i haven't watched the case very closely, but as i recall he can't live without the machines, which is one of the things mentioned in the brain death article. And i disagree that not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Zero Esc

"Wrong" vs "Censorship"

Ok, I was wrong. I don't want to read this thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Eriol

Cultural Appropriation - Censorship vs Racism, or not?

Ranch is the only thing that makes most food-that-doesn't-have-a-face tolerable.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. DarkAudit

[News] Bombings in Brussels

Nah, not particularly. There's a clear uptick in faux-muslim terrorism during and around the Ramadan, since it's supposed to be the period of the year where your good deeds count for most, you're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. DarkAudit
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Charlie Don't Surf
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Mathias

Milo Yanapolalapwallashammaramadingdong steps down from Breitbart

His new venture is apparently actively recruiting young teenagers. COMPLETELY not creepy at all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. GasBandit

JonTron: White Nationalist?

That is definitely NOT something you can do in a court/legal document ;) That's quite a rhetorical leap. You're only taking the richEST 10%, because it suits your narrative. Try comparing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Eriol
    Informative x 3

[News] Car then Knife Attack on British Parliament

And, in the world's least surprising story development... ISIS claims responsibility.
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. MisterSteve

Hope and Change: How's that working out for you?

Every picture like this if Obama is like when you see pictures of your ex on Facebook and you can't stand how happy they look.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Eriol

[Brazelton] Family Sues Apple for NOT Implementing Drive Detect Feature

I see people slamming their brakes mid-turn all the freaking time. The worst is when it snows. Slamming brakes in the snow is a recipe for a bad time. Downshift! Engine braking gives you far...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Charlie Don't Surf
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Dave

[Contest] Guess the date of Trump's Impeachment!

I want to say Dec 31st, 2019. By the Republicans so that they can simultaneously say that they allowed Trump his full term and that they removed him from office. Pandering to both sides of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. stienman

Ranked Voting (ie, Instant runoff, alternative vote, transferable vote, preferential voting)

Exactly. make early voting more accessible so that way we have a week or two window to vote.
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. stienman

November 2016 pre-election poll

It's fun meeting your senator outside the polling place five minutes before you vote against her.
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Eriol

Resettlement - Newfoundland

It's pretty much done that to large parts of rural Ohio. The only towns that are still around are the big cities (Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Cleveland), factory towns (Lima, Marysville), towns...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. stienman

October 2016 pre-election poll

Voted today. I couldn't get my pen on the circle next to "Clinton-Kaine" fast enough.
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Necronic
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options