1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Politics, Religion & More!

FRIENDLY debate over contentious topics can be found here.

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. GasBandit

Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I am pretty sure I've hinted in the past who I work for.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. stienman

Funny (political, religious) pictures

And if you are, go fuck underage girls.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. blotsfan

Trump Regime Thread

But Trump says he called it! He's right. He's ALWAYS right! WINNING!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Eriol

[News] Bombings, Mass Attacks, Terrorism, etc - Catch all thread

That's happened to my kids. The laws have become, step by step and in small ways each year, a way for schools to claim legal guardianship while students are inside them (under the laws that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Charlie Don't Surf
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stienman

Get rid of welfare and just give every adult $870/mo

I'd say that's worth watching, but I think they downplay FAR too much the 67% (according to the video) of people displeased with their jobs. MOST of them IMO will not work if they can. And if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Eriol

Israel Thread

Incredibly bold. Too bad it’s Comic Sans. —Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Eriol

You might live in a Police State if...

Oh ya, these aren't the first time they've been linked, they just have more importance right now given the "debate" in Germany.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Eriol

Energy - Fossil, Renewable, Nuclear

ANYTHING that moves our power generation to a more decentralized model is welcome. —Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Eriol

Canadian Politics

Last I heard they were STILL going to fuck over small businesses. So kinda disingenuous on that one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Zero Esc

"Wrong" vs "Censorship"

Oh free speech in Canada really isn't, yet again, but at least this time there's pushback: Andrew Scheer: Laurier university controversy highlights larger issue of ‘stifling’ free speech Lots of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Charlie Don't Surf

*sighs, turns over "DAYS SINCE LAST MASS SHOOTING IN AMERICA" sign to 0*

I realize I'm being nitpicky here, but I don't think it hurts that argument at all. It just can't be used as an example for why existing laws aren't sufficient. It can, however, be used as an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Eriol

[Brazelton] Family Sues Apple for NOT Implementing Drive Detect Feature

Have to justify those student loans for a worthless college degree somehow. Oversimplifying technology that they have only a broadest understanding of (if any) then coming up with crazily complex...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Eriol

[News] Bolsheviks Take over Russia

The first Americans also tried their hand at it and found it a recipe for failure -
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. stienman
    Like x 6

That ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

Huh. I was trying for a inconsequential joke of a post. Instead my actions, like a Judas, have proven instrumental to the resurrection of a Jesus thread.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave

[Contest] Guess the date of Trump's Impeachment!

Sadly, I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt I will be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. stienman

Drunk driving - Ban Assault Alcohols!

There's also rules about that, if by "take them out" you mean brandish them. You can *carry* them in a non-ready state all you like (shoulder straps, holsters, etc), but carrying them "at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Eriol

NAFTA - Catch-all

Hasn't been many updates on this recently, but today there's "news" kinda: After warm welcome for Trudeau, Trump hints at bilateral trade deal with Canada Basically the only part of the news...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. GasBandit

JonTron: White Nationalist?

Well, make up your damn mind... ... Also, i meant that it's fine if you just being an asshole online to blow off steam, or just fuck around with breaking some social rules to feel naughty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. stienman

Obamacare

I was referring to the most recently completed century, yes. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Jay
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. stienman
    Like x 4

Don't dehumanize groups or individuals

You mean just take the fun that is there without attempting to increase it's value by exploiting it? Now that's just anti-capitalistic...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. PatrThom

All your guns are belong in this thread.

You got a new nickname for your gun!
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Eriol

AI that can determine a person’s sexuality from photos

On second thought, I've decided that more research is necessary.
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Denbrought
    Hugs x 4

[News] Van attack in Barcelona

A 51-year-old German woman, critically wounded in the Barcelona attack, died in the hospital, raising the death toll of the attacks to 16. There was a massive march in Barcelona yesterday in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Zappit

Town Covers Up Gang Rape to Protect High School Football Season

Because nobody else has said it, it's explicitly mentioned in that article that the Judge had nothing to do with the Son's case, but DID have the shooter in front of him on more than one occasion....
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Eriol

Bees - Beemageddon, or Everything's Fine?

I want more honey. It is needed for good mead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Bubble181

12 dead in shooting in Paris

There's a number of "mass attack" threads in this forum. We may want to consolidate, but this one is the same city: Man arrested after driver hits French soldiers, injuring six This is in Paris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. DarkAudit

A 2016 Downticket Thread

So, like Trump, you want the Soviets to take over. :awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Necronic

Civil Forfieture. WTF.

They thought maybe it was a victim of Studebaker Syndrome. You know, like Patty Hearse. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. twitchmoss

Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

I may have posted this elsewhere already, but it still fits here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. fade

A question about transgender issues

Let's not forget that "I only want to have sex with men" and "I consider myself to be female" are not equivalent statements. They may have a subset of overlapping characteristics, but they are not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Eriol

Doctor Assisted Suicide and Related

As i said, i haven't watched the case very closely, but as i recall he can't live without the machines, which is one of the things mentioned in the brain death article. And i disagree that not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Eriol

Cultural Appropriation - Censorship vs Racism, or not?

Ranch is the only thing that makes most food-that-doesn't-have-a-face tolerable.
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. DarkAudit

[News] Bombings in Brussels

Nah, not particularly. There's a clear uptick in faux-muslim terrorism during and around the Ramadan, since it's supposed to be the period of the year where your good deeds count for most, you're...
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. DarkAudit
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options