2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

Yeah, I have friends there and a whole bunch of colleagues just across the border in Poland. They aren't happy right now either, I assure you.

Friend posted this on FB 5 hours ago (as I type this):

Awakened from an explosion. All is well with the family. Me and part of the crew on the road. Pray for Tan, she is still in the Dnieper. Pray for my brother, his family and his mother (they are 60km away from Russia and can't leave), pray for Lena's parents and brother, they are in Poltava. I will write everything in detail and tell you how you can help tonight.

All details and information how you can help I will write later.
I will state that Zhenya is a member of CRU (aka Campus Crusade), but obviously that's not how you want to wake up in the morning.

If you think about it it's really smart. Putin doesn't need to use a nuclear weapon to fire. Just a well placed bomb and we have to deal with a toxic nuclear cloud.

Canada has the 3rd largest Ukrainian population in the world. Canada is very pro-Ukraine. It appears that the largest military subcontractor in Canada is being hit with cyberwarfare today. I don't believe this is a coincidence and fully expect it to be a global phenomenon.

Of course they are. That's exactly why Trump said it. He's still Putin's puppet.
Trump said he could use a guy like Putin on our southern border--but the analogy is flawed. A better analogy is Mexico going "Hey, everybody south of Corpus Christi in Texas mostly speak spanish and have Mexican heritage. We're just gonna send some troops over to liberate it from you guys. That ok, USA?"

figmentPez

Staff member
And Right Wing nut jobs are portraying Russia as a "Christian" nation.

Violent authoritarian governments are fine, as long they're Christian violent authoritarian governments. :mad: :facepalm:

Last edited:

Violent authoritarian governments are fine, as long they're Christian violent authoritarian governments. :mad: :facepalm:
Fine, so long as their stupid asses join the front lines of their crusades. Let them spill their blood for their beliefs rather than people with no stake in their stupidity.

Weren't these the same people indoctrinating us for 70+ years that the Russians were "godless Commies"? That we had to add "..under God" to our Pledge of Allegiance to prove we were the opposite of Russia? Does anyone keep track of their own rhetoric anymore???

GasBandit

Staff member
Weren't these the same people indoctrinating us for 70+ years that the Russians were "godless Commies"? That we had to add "..under God" to our Pledge of Allegiance to prove we were the opposite of Russia? Does anyone keep track of their own rhetoric anymore???
Nothing matters other than triggering and pwning the libs, and there is no permanence of any sort, much less logic.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yup, and they're also the same people who would have said that Russian/Eastern Orthodox is just as "not Christian" as Roman Catholics, right up until the narrative needed them to paint Putin as a man of God.

Ostensibly this is good news, but I'm taking everything about these reports with a gigantic grain of salt because they all sound like military propaganda. There was that report today too about a Ukrainian fighter pilot who supposedly shot down six enemy fighters. Sounds like something straight out of a Ministry of Truth broadcast. It might be true, but for now I'm not believing anything from either side.

Read a report earlier of a few Russian divisions up and just abandoning their equipment and running off. It really does feel like this is pretty much something only Putin and his cronies wanted, because it seems very unpopular with most of his people and even his soldiers.

Honestly, I am still attempting to parse why he is even doing this. If it was due to Ukraine joining NATO, well, taking control of the country means he would definitely share a border with NATO by that point. It also pushes the remaining countries that didn't join right into NATO's hands, because they won't want to be alone should Putin decide they look nice and tasty. My only guess is that Putin knows he is on the way out at this point and he hopes to start World War 3 so that he can live forever in history books rather then fading away like many other world leaders that rule during peace time.

I'm going to be honest, I really don't under how this benefits Russia, either. From everything I read for the past few years, Russia is on the verge an economic collaspe. Is this really going to turn the tide for them? And, if that being the case, are GQPers so quick to jump on the "Yay, Russia!" bandwagon? I may be missing something here, but this seems like a lose-lose.

I'm going to be honest, I really don't under how this benefits Russia, either. From everything I read for the past few years, Russia is on the verge an economic collaspe. Is this really going to turn the tide for them? And, if that being the case, are GQPers so quick to jump on the "Yay, Russia!" bandwagon? I may be missing something here, but this seems like a lose-lose.
All the GQP/Trumpers have is opposition. They don't have ideas, just fear and opposition. They literally can't agree with Biden.

Fox's blonde nazi literally called the Ukranian President's 8 minute speech pathetic. We know how they stand and it's appalling.