[News] The USA Police State will never satisfy its lust for beating, gassing, and imprisoning minorities

figmentPez

Staff member

Dave

Staff member
They say if you ever encounter anything like this circumvent the police altogether and call the FBI.

figmentPez

Staff member
Pennsylvania state trooper lied to force ex-girlfriend into psych hospital for 5 days, DA says

Not just ex-GF, mistress. He's married and she was his side-piece. There's video of him using violence to restrain her before fraudulently committing her to psychiatric care.

Another news source says he's being charged with “felony strangulation, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, and official oppression.”

Don't date cops! or have sex with them, or even be alone with one. Just avoid cops as much as possible.

Pennsylvania state trooper lied to force ex-girlfriend into psych hospital for 5 days, DA says

Not just ex-GF, mistress. He's married and she was his side-piece. There's video of him using violence to restrain her before fraudulently committing her to psychiatric care.

Another news source says he's being charged with “felony strangulation, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person, and official oppression.”

Don't date cops! or have sex with them, or even be alone with one. Just avoid cops as much as possible.
Fuck the police isn't meant to be taken literally

From elsewhere on the interwebs: "Rule of thumb if he's legally untouchable he's ethically unfuckable. You don't like that cop, you like buff men in tight clothing."

Not really a beating, gassing, or imprisoning, but how about a scraping?
the Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence & Security [...] said that the Department of Defense (DoD) "adheres to high standards of privacy and civil liberties protections" when buying Americans' location data. He also said that he was "not aware of any requirement in US law or judicial opinion" forcing the DoD to "obtain a court order in order to acquire, access, or use" commercially available information that "is equally available for purchase to foreign adversaries, US companies, and private persons as it is to the US government."
In other words, "I know we're technically not supposed to, but...but Capitalism!"

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Both Hernandez and his partner unloaded an entire clip at the man who was handcuffed and strapped down. No shots hit. Well, no shots hit the poor guy who had already been frisked and detained. But them bullets had to go somewhere! No word on that.

By the way, I don't blame the partner. I mean, if I saw my partner was down and yelling that he was hit, I'd probably not ask questions, either.

probably only because this gained widespread media coverage and the dept asked him to in order to save face
He resigned before this became a wider story. We can only speculate as to why. My guess is that he knew that this would look really bad, and/or his confidence has been permanently shaken.

I've been following this on another site for a few days. It should be noted that Hernandez was ex-military (I don't remember what branch), so even if this was a case of PTSD, that should have been noted in his hiring process as not being a good candidate. Also, it's likely he retired so he could be hired elsewhere as a cop. Looking forward to reports of "rinse, repeat" with this clown.

figmentPez

Staff member
They Called 911 for Help. Police and Prosecutors Used a New Junk Science to Decide They Were Liars.

TL;DR "911 call analysis" claims that it can analyze patterns in speech and determine if someone is guilty, entirely based on the recording of 911 calls. The exact methods used to determine guilt are a guarded secret. From what little has been revealed in courtrooms, little things like saying "Huh?" in response to a dispatchers question, or an isolated "please" can be enough to indicate guilt, somehow. The man who started this call analysis stuff claims that 1 in 3 people who call 911 to report a death are actually a murderer, but has no evidence to back up that statement.

The study he based his original work on was of just 100 calls. As with a lot of data, it's mostly based on white people, and likely neurotypical as well. So anyone who is a minority is likely to appear "abnormal" and thus "guilty" according to the analysis.

The more I was exposed to copaganda 'science' the more of a scam it all became. It's all a grift to be the next asshole whose dumbass bullshit gets widely adopted. Triangle of death, excited delirium, etc. All excuses to either make cops more paranoid about everyone they interact with or an excuse for oppression.

Dave

Staff member
Why is it the only sane cops I know are FORMER cops? A relative of mine who is a current law enforcement guy has cut off contact because I'm an "antifa communist".

They Called 911 for Help. Police and Prosecutors Used a New Junk Science to Decide They Were Liars.

TL;DR "911 call analysis" claims that it can analyze patterns in speech and determine if someone is guilty, entirely based on the recording of 911 calls. The exact methods used to determine guilt are a guarded secret. From what little has been revealed in courtrooms, little things like saying "Huh?" in response to a dispatchers question, or an isolated "please" can be enough to indicate guilt, somehow. The man who started this call analysis stuff claims that 1 in 3 people who call 911 to report a death are actually a murderer, but has no evidence to back up that statement.

The study he based his original work on was of just 100 calls. As with a lot of data, it's mostly based on white people, and likely neurotypical as well. So anyone who is a minority is likely to appear "abnormal" and thus "guilty" according to the analysis.
This sounds like the exact type of "science" that's going to send dozens of not hundreds of innocents to jail, and in twenty years will be completely debunked, similar to at least a dozen other of these pattern recognition BS systems (blood spatter analysis, hair comparison, bite marks, partial finger prints, and even more and more types of DNA matching).

I like some police procedurals like (the early seasons of) NCIS, but looking back on some of these, it's hard to consider the "genius scientist" characters as anything but deeply flawed "evidence providers".
The old fashioned detective shows (Poirot, Morse) had their own serious problems, but at least they didn't usually rely on phlebotomy or something to "prove" their point.

Brooklyn 99 satirized this phenomenon by having a guy claim that he bred special flies that could sense blood traces.

The guy later turned out to be a fraud.