Israel Thread

Dave

Staff member
So are people in China. So are people in Zimbabwe. So are people in Ukraine. So are people in at least three other countries with ethnic strife and oppression. There’s literally nothing that I can do about any of it.

And it absolutely IS Israel vs Hamas, even if it’s the Palestinian people who are taking the brunt. Israel has been shit for a long time but it was the absolutely insane terrorist attack AGAINST Israel that kickstarted this recent wave of genocidal acts by the Israeli government.

I’m curious as to why this conflict is so one-sided in your mind, like the Palestinian people haven’t supported Hamas - which right or wrong they absolutely do. And I frankly don’t blame them. Hamas is the only real entity standing up to Israel so of course they’ll be supported as freedom fighters. But their chilling and shortsighted tactics from the attack have cooled any support they would have received or deserved.

Israel's goal isn't to stop Hamas. Its to clear gaza of palestinians. Their governement officials openly talk about it when they arent trying to get US tax dollars.

I’m curious as to why this conflict is so one-sided in your mind, like the Palestinian people haven’t supported Hamas - which right or wrong they absolutely do. And I frankly don’t blame them. Hamas is the only real entity standing up to Israel so of course they’ll be supported as freedom fighters. But their chilling and shortsighted tactics from the attack have cooled any support they would have received or deserved.
The Palestinians in Gaza elected Hamas in the last election 17 years ago. There hasn't been an election since then. That means anyone 35 or younger hasn’t been able to have any say in whether they want them in charge or not. 70% of the population in Gaza is that age or younger.

Saying they absolutely support Hamas when they haven’t been able to voice their support is exactly what Israel wants.

It’s why they allowed for cash to flow directly to Hamas. Having Hamas in charge is what excuses them from killing indiscriminately. They all support Hamas, so it’s their fault.

So are people in China. So are people in Zimbabwe. So are people in Ukraine. So are people in at least three other countries with ethnic strife and oppression. There’s literally nothing that I can do about any of it.

And it absolutely IS Israel vs Hamas, even if it’s the Palestinian people who are taking the brunt. Israel has been shit for a long time but it was the absolutely insane terrorist attack AGAINST Israel that kickstarted this recent wave of genocidal acts by the Israeli government.

You don’t commit genocide against a government you commit it against a people. If you’re sincere about believing it’s a genocide then you can’t believe it’s a fight between Israel and Hamas.

Hamas is a problem but it’s not the problem we should be concerned with which is the genocide of the Palestinians. It’s also a problem of Israel’s making. Israel supported Hamas in its early years. Israel doing a unilateral pull out lead to Hamas taking control of Gaza and then never giving it up. And it was Israel that allowed millions to flow straight to Hamas from Qatar. And then even after decades of using Hamas as a partner to prevent a real option of a Palestinian state from happening. I think it’s one sided because it is. Israel propped up a terrorist group that hates them for the sole purpose of keeping a Palestinian statehood movement from gaining real ground so Israel could keep on scooping up West Bank land and it blew up in their face as they had IOF troops protecting West Bank settlers building a Sukkah in the middle of a Palestinian town instead of defending Israel against an attack that both Egyptian and US intelligence agencies had warned them about.

And you’re wrong if you think Israel’s actions have cooled or diminished support Hamas has risen in Gaza. Don’t know how reliable polls are in the middle of a genocide but polls show that support for Hamas and Oct 7th attacks have increased. Because of course they fucking would.

Israel's goal isn't to stop Hamas. Its to clear gaza of palestinians. Their governement officials openly talk about it when they arent trying to get US tax dollars.
A coworker of mine is Jordanian, and this is his take on it as well--that this conflict is not ideological in nature, it is expansionist.

--Patrick

These are the things that have happened in the 9 days since the ICJ declared that some genocide might be going on and that Israel had to take steps to prevent it.

1707100531684.png

Israel's evidence that UNRWA members took part in the Hamas attacks? There wasn't any, but that didn't stop the world from pulling funding.

Whoops, Israel just decided to blow up some Hezbollah weapon storages in the middle of living neighborhoods in Lebanon. Guess Rafah wasn't enough so they had some ammo to spare.