Is income inequality unjust, and if so, where is the injustice?

figmentPez

Staff member
Inside Kroger-Albertsons would-be merger: ‘Do we have to say that we won’t close stores?’

According to internal company documents, Kroger “has recognized that areas with diminished competition are areas where it can pursue a ‘different price strategy’ and raise prices,” another passage contends.

The same holds for Albertsons, which “also recognizes that when its stores face less competition, it can take the opportunity to raise prices and ‘margin up’,” reads a related passage.
Furthermore, the suit filed by the FTC contents that without competition from Albertsons, Kroger “would have an increased incentive to close stores to reduce union participation.”

According to an unredacted passage, “a 2021 labor strategy document prepared for Kroger recommends that Kroger pursue, over the long-term, a strategy to ‘reduc[e] the percentage of Kroger associates represented by organized labor.’”

“That strategy includes ‘deter[ing] union campaigns,’ ‘opening more nonunion operations,’ and ‘shutting … union represented locations,’” according to an unredacted passage.

TL;DR Kroger and Albertsons want to merge so that they can raise prices and union-bust,
and say exactly that in company documents. While lying to the public and saying the exact opposite.

Florida man: "Hey, Texas? If I give you some money, will you promise to stop handing out free, unrestricted money to your citizens? Can you do that for me? Also can you tell your friends over in WI, IA, SD, WV, AS, AZ, etc. the same thing? KTHX."

--Patrick

Kinda. John Kellogg started making cereal for health and abstinence and then him and his brother had a falling out and his brother made his own company, which is the one that exists today. The latter company was founded to just be a normal food company.
I remember listening to a podcast about him and how the original corn flakes were basically inedibly hard and completely unpalatable.

The brother had to make them not taste like complete shit to actually sell them to human beings, ha ha ha.