[News] Terrorist attack in Moskow

This would be the expected attack the US embassy warned about and requested all Americans immediately leave Russia I'm guessing.

Awful.

The number of victims are rising. At least 133 people are dead. Over 100 injured. Many families with children under the victims. 11 suspects are arrested.

Terrorism folks think that the guys that got away are likely to attack again very quickly. These kinds of attacks are expected to be suicidal.

Why do I get the bad feeling that Putin will use this as an excuse to attack other countries for *insert made-up reason here*?

Right now they spin the story to blame Ukraine. A white van with a ukraine licence plate (rumor says it was actually from Belarus) was seen at the scene and the suspects were arrested at the ukraine border. You know the heaviest controlled border in russia right now.

Kremlin also calls the conflict a war after two years.

I knew as soon as it happened that they would blame Ukraine. The only thing that threw off the narrative was ISIS taking credit, which they are now just spinning as the US somehow obstructing the truth. Right wing social media is already dripping that narrative using the excuse that they didn't kill themselves and don't look brown enough, thus it couldn't be ISIS.

I’m not one for “the government is out to get you” theories but it’s starting to feel like Putin allowed this attack to happen for the sake of blaming Ukraine.

Honestly I'm starting to even wonder if the guys they captured are the actual terrorists. I ain't the one for conspiracy theories, but why the hell did these guys try to flee towards Ukraine, an active war zone filled with Russians? Why didn't they have some sort of dead man switch in their vehicle to prevent capture? Are they stupid? They should have known that getting captured by the Russians was going to be a fate worse than death, yet not a single one of them even put a bullet in their own skull when they were captured.

Images are surfacing of the four guys, who have obviously been brutalized. One of them supposedly was castrated and had one of his eyes gouged out. It can't help but make me think that Putin simply found four Arab guys and through torture is going to make them say whatever he wants. There are already rumors that one of them said they did the attack for money, and we're going to be paid by Ukraine, because of course watching your friend get castrated is a great motivator.

In the end I don't know, It could be they are the fuck face terrorists, but after hearing about all those people falling out of windows, or committing suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head, I can't trust anything the Russian government says.

I ain't the one for conspiracy theories, but why the hell did these guys try to flee towards Ukraine, an active war zone filled with Russians?
I've seen some suggestions online that while the route they were on could lead to Ukraine it was also the road you would take travelling from Moscow to Belarus which would make a lot more sense for someone fleeing Russia.

committing suicide by shooting themselves in the back of the head
...by shooting themselves twice in the back of the head, you mean.
I've seen some suggestions online that while the route they were on could lead to Ukraine it was also the road you would take travelling from Moscow to Belarus which would make a lot more sense for someone fleeing Russia.
In Russia, all roads lead to Ukraine.

--Patrick