[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

So we're heading into 2021 and we're all hoping that COVID will soon be a thing of the past. That being said, is becoming abundantly clear that while there is an effective deployment strategy in much of the world, some third world countries like the USA are gonna struggle. Rather than just be despondent, let's do a game:

What date will I get the vaccine??

Everyone pick a date that they think i will get the vaccine. Make sure to include the year, since who the fuck knows?!

Some rules/clarifications
1) I live in the USA

2) I live in New York State, a state run by the Democratic Party.

3) I am going to get the vaccine as soon as I am able to.

4) I am not in any high risk group or profession.

5) I will not lie to cut the line in any way.

6) My dad was a doctor and knows people in the medical field around here. If I can find a way to use those connections to be among the first of "the public" to get it, I will do so. It is very unlikely that will help, but I will take advantage if possible.

7) Any Covid vaccine counts for this.

8) If the vaccine I get requires two shots, the winning date is based around the day I get the first shot.

9) The closest date wins, regardless of whether it's early or late.

10) while I will post information about any scheduled appointments, I will not consider it "done" until I have had the injection.

11) If for whatever reason I become medically unable to get the vaccine the contest is off and I most likely have much bigger problems.

Winner gets a $25 gift card to anywhere they want, assuming I can buy it online. If there are any further ambiguities, ask in the thread and I will add to the post.

For you: May 5.

For me: Maybe never. If it's like the regular flu vaccine, I won't be allowed to get it because of my past Guillain-Barre. And I have read cases of people getting Guillain-Barre from Covid, so this is a strong possibility.

I could have gotten it this Sunday as a frontline health care provider if I, you know, didn't already have COVID.

I'm high on drugs and life right now, so I'm gonna be optimistic

Mother fucker you will have the vaccine on my grandma's birthday April 13/2021

Last edited:

Dave

Staff member
I'm high on drugs and life right now, so I'm gonna be optimistic

Mother fucker you will have the vaccine on my grandma's birthday April 13/2020
Man, fuck you with that Price is Right shit!

(I'm kidding - I think it's funny.)

Dave

Staff member
I apologize, I missed how close it was to your guess. I ctrl f'd 13. I can change my guess.
Don't worry about it, man. I was kidding.

Unless he gets it on the 14th, in which case I'll be SUPER upset.

So we're heading into 2021 and we're all hoping that COVID will soon be a thing of the past. That being said, is becoming abundantly clear that while there is an effective deployment strategy in much of the world, some third world countries like the USA are gonna struggle. Rather than just be despondent, let's do a game:

What date will I get the vaccine??

Everyone pick a date that they think i will get the vaccine. Make sure to include the year, since who the fuck knows?!

Some rules/clarifications
1) I live in the USA

2) I live in New York State, a state run by the Democratic Party.

3) I am going to get the vaccine as soon as I am able to.

4) I am not in any high risk group or profession.

5) I will not lie to cut the line in any way.

6) My dad was a doctor and knows people in the medical field around here. If I can find a way to use those connections to be among the first of "the public" to get it, I will do so. It is very unlikely that will help, but I will take advantage if possible.

7) Any Covid vaccine counts for this.

8) If the vaccine I get requires two shots, the winning date is based around the day I get the first shot.

9) The closest date wins, regardless of whether it's early or late.

10) while I will post information about any scheduled appointments, I will not consider it "done" until I have had the injection.

11) If for whatever reason I become medically unable to get the vaccine the contest is off and I most likely have much bigger problems.

Winner gets a $25 gift card to anywhere they want, assuming I can buy it online. If there are any further ambiguities, ask in the thread and I will add to the post.
Would you still get the vaccine if your contacted covid-19?