Canadian Politics

That said, I do believe he's right that Canada will, in general, benefit from climate change as we transition to longer agrarian seasons, warm winters, longer summers, but not the dustbowls anticipated in the Southern US.

I mean, Vancouver (and the lower mainland) is built on a flood plain. Abbotsford is built on a former lake that was drained in the 1920's. The Fraser River flooded in both 1894 and 1948 across these exact same locations. It's kinda the risk of living there. I'm not denying climate change plays an impact here, but it's very similar to the congressman who brought in a snowball to say climate change didn't exist. A complex system will yield complex results.

That's why I live in the middle of Canada! Nothing ever happens here.

Edit: TORNADOS, FLOODS, FIRES, MOSQUITOS, MENNONITES

At this point, anyone promoting anything long-term having to do with the oil-based economy needs to have their head (and motives) examined. Oil is dead! Let it die (again) already!

--Patrick

Reactions: Cat
Gotta hand it to Canada Post. Despite there not being road access between Vancouver and Edmonton, I still got a parcel in two days that wasn't shipped as airmail.

At this point, anyone promoting anything long-term having to do with the oil-based economy needs to have their head (and motives) examined. Oil is dead! Let it die (again) already!

--Patrick
This is what dune is all about. Big fan of the politics even if frank herbert was a piece of shit

I haven't posted in here in 5 months. In that time my power bill has doubled, gas has doubled, my income taxes have gone up, my property taxes have increased, I can't get an appointment with my mental health person anymore because she quit and left the province like my last three family doctors did in quick succession. My current doctor doesn't think he'll be here much longer either. Good. I love being stressed about FUCKING EVERYTHING all the time.

This province fucking sucks and the UCP might be the worst political party in power in the history of Alberta.

I haven't posted in here in 5 months. In that time my power bill has doubled, gas has doubled, my income taxes have gone up, my property taxes have increased, I can't get an appointment with my mental health person anymore because she quit and left the province like my last three family doctors did in quick succession. My current doctor doesn't think he'll be here much longer either. Good. I love being stressed about FUCKING EVERYTHING all the time.

This province fucking sucks and the UCP might be the worst political party in power in the history of Alberta.
The worst political party in power in the history of Alberta so far.

I can't wait to find out how Alberta blocks this here.

They managed to keep all the federal Covid aid out of the hands of businesses and people that needed it.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's such a boneheaded premise, even beyond the misogyny. I guarantee you I can tell the tactile difference between something being inserted in my left nostril from my right nostril, and they're even closer together and physiologically identical.

Any person who has had to blind-insert a USB plug into the back of a computer could tell you that the difference between vagina and anus should be apparent to even the most casual user of either.

--Patrick

Last edited: