[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

Y’know how there’s that scene in Spirits Within where President Snow tells Hades not to fire the giant space laser into the pit full of angry ghosts, but he goes and does it anyway and almost destroys the world? This kinda feels a bit like that.
Hang on, wait, I didn't know anyone actually watched Spirits Within.

I remember liking it but of course couldn't understand why it was a "final fantasy" movie. Like if they'd just released it as it's own sci-fi movie I wonder if it would have done better?

"The powers inside you" seems an odd way to phrase "The Spirits Within"
Oh please, let's not open the can of worms that is german movie titles. But I guess "the ghosts within" would have been too confusing and people might have thought it's a horror movie.

I guess "the ghosts within" would have been too confusing and people might have thought it's a horror movie.
I suppose “The Spirits Within” could also be loosely translated as, “I Had Waaaay Too Many Jäger Bombs Last Night,” which could also make people think it’s a horror movie.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh hey. Guess who had Covid again?
The only other programmer in my department! For the third time! Took him out for a week. Boy am I glad I work from home whenever possible, it's still going around and around and fucking around.

Due to the incoming baby, the longer I can wait to get the shot, the better. Of course, it also is a balancing act because I’d rather not get covid.

Got the new shot on Monday, and wow it sucked yesterday. Cold shivers, etc. Better today, but it was not a fun experience.

Mine's sched Oct 6th..couldn't get one close by sooner. Which hopefully means that the rednecks in this town are all getting boosted and filling appt slots.

About 7% of Americans have experienced long COVID, twice as many women as men.

I didn't post about it here but I was in the hospital over the weekend due to complications from long covid. My health has been absolute shit ever since I got it and continues to go downhill

It's very difficult for me to tell any difference between the usual ADHD symptoms and those of long COVID-19. There's so much overlap.
I've noticed that numbers are more difficult for me to remember...the short-term kind of thing where you try to remember a 10-digit number long enough to write it down. Numbers I've already memorized are still no problem, just the short-term ones. Also homonyms trip me up more than they used to. But I have no idea if that's just normal aging or directly related to COVID.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Got my Covid booster and Flu shot yesterday. Arms are dead.

This is my...4th Covid booster at this point. As for Flu shot, honestly, I think the last time I got one I was 5. Not for any conscious decision, I just never remembered to, once it was my choice anyway. Can't say why my parents stopped between 5 and 16.