Full hard brexit. But at least its red white and blue.

I can’t imagine the eu would let them keep their special statuses if they really do reapply.
The episode of House where Dr. Foreman quits, goes to another hospital, gets fired there, and comes back to the original hospital comes to mind.

--Patrick

Not Brexit, but British politics. Well Scottish politics. Nicola Sturgeon announced last week that she would be standing down as SNP leader & First Minister of Scotland. Nominations to replace her closed today with 3 people standing as candidates.

Ash Regan has never held a major job in politics and has a history of employees resigning and receiving large pay offs - if they sign an NDA. Nothing suspicious there then.

Humza Yousaf is the current health secretary and under his watch the Scottish NHS is widely considered to be in the worst state it has ever been in. The pandemic may take the blame for some of that but a lot of the issues predate it.

Kate Forbes started her campaigning for the job by announcing that had she been an MSP in 2014 when same-sex marriage was legalised she would have voted against it. She has accused people criticising her for this of being anti-Christian bigots, ignoring the fact that many of her loudest critics - like John Swinney - are themselves devout Christians.

One of these three people will be the next First Minister of Scotland. Fuck.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not saying I was Sturgeon's greatest fan - far from it - but it seems nobody serious wanted to take over the job. I mean, there's very little glory to be gained there the coming 5-10 years, but you'd hope at least someone competent would be willing to try and at least keep things running.

Well yeah but we all know the Scottish parliament is just a ceremonial thing. Not like a real country’s parliament.
You jest, but the closest analogy in the US would probably be a State Government. So populated by people who are either too incompetent to be in the actual government, or are unable/unwilling to pay a large enough bribe to their party to be the nominee in a "safe" district.

Well, not 100% true. We're seeing some of it in the forum of higher prices... But it's nowhere near as bad as in the UK where they're rationing and stuff.

Right wing lunatic Suella Braverman has been sacked - for a second time - as UK Home Secretary. Not a surprise, she wrote a newspaper article trying to bully the police into banning pro-Palestine marches & even though the PM's Office needs to sign off on all newspaper articles by a cabinet minister - which they expressly refused to do here - she submitted it for publication anyway. This led to lots of discussion over when, not if, she would be sacked over the weekend.

This led to James Cleverley moving from Foreign Secretary to replace her as Home Secretary, and being replaced in turn as FS by David Cameron! Safe to say no-one saw that coming, particularly as he wasn't even in parliament & needed to be quickly given a Life Peerage to join the House of Lords before he was even eligible to be in the cabinet.