Civil Forfieture. WTF.

UNANIMOUS. I feel like that should be pointed out.
Also nice of Roberts to assign this opinion to RBG, since it's likely to be a very important/lasting case to have in your legacy.

On the not so bright side, Thomas' (per his concurrence) would've limited this protection to U.S. citizens. Weirdo gonna weird, as usual.

Also nice of Roberts to assign this opinion to RBG, since it's likely to be a very important/lasting case to have in your legacy.

On the not so bright side, Thomas' (per his concurrence) would've limited this protection to U.S. citizens. Weirdo gonna weird, as usual.
Did the weird alien on the court write something about that?

Oh please, Den, like you haven't considered Thomas might be an alien invader from outer space.
Oh, yes. I was thinking you were talking about a different justice, since I was already specifically mentioning him.

His opinions on jurisprudence truly are out of this world.

(Link to threadreader unfURL of entire thread here)

I always thought that CAF was something done mainly to confiscate large sums or big-ticket items, didn't realize it was also used to treat poor people like wandering ATM NPCs.

--Patrick

I can’t believe that this can happen. I also am somewhat shocked that someone would travel with that much cash, but that shouldn’t allow this to happen.

I’m glad he got his money back. I fear that his is a rare win.

figmentPez

Staff member
At least somewhat related:

Cops destroy stolen goods rather than have to go through the difficulty of returning it to the owners, or account for anything valuable.