1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Health and Advice

Need personal advice? Health tips? Here ya go!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. BananaHands

Health and Fitness News

For the record, I am not advocating purchasing her materials. The video, however, presents an alternative way of looking at movement as more than merely exercise, which is a concept I think needs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Espy
    LOVE IT!! x 9

[Announcement] Do you need help?

I'm not posting this to make fun of this guy. I'm posting this because "man up" is bullshit when it comes to suicide. Please seek help if you feel this way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Dave
    Locked Sticky

Purpose of this Board!

Updated the board info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. jwhouk
    Hugs x 4

The "R" Word

You won't be able to get a "home loan" from any institution for a manufactured home. It's a differently type of loan entirely since it depreciates and you (typically) don't own the land its on....
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Gared

[Other] General Home Maintenance

Yeah, I'm not looking to melt anything other than ice - the butane torch bit was a joke/angry exaggeration.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. BananaHands

HalFitness

220 was my goal when I was 290. I just hit it. My fitbit goal has been 200 since I got it. But I feel like I've accomplished a milestone
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. drawn_inward

[Question] Orlando day tripish

My wife and I would like to go to Epcot, but our girls would be bored to bits. It'll be either Magic Kingdom or the Animal one. My folks are going to be there too which is nice b/c I have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. LittleKagsin

Resizing Images

I subscribe to it and Photoshop. It's a great deal! I ❤ my Photoshop and Lightroom :) Image stacking edits wouldn't be possible without Lightroom :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gared
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. fade

Finding a new haircut

I just cut it shorter, but mostly kept the same style. It's decidedly less Lester the Molester.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mathias
    Like x 4

Is it fucked up that I found meaning to life through Rick and Morty?

Nothing has made me want to watch this show as much as this clip, right here: --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Eriol

[Food] Peanut Allergy Cured in 80% of Kids in Trial

My immune system is a hot mess. One of my autoimmune diseases is chronic hives and my most severe trigger is water. I wish there was a way that I could have a treatment like this so I could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. LittleKagsin

Yep, it went to a Roth IRA. It happened 13+ years ago, so it's way too late to do anything about it now, but yeah, I think the hit completely ate the refund they were expecting to get from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. LittleKagsin
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. fade

Getting started with helping people

Sounds like they need to increase their number of houses in rehab at once.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. BananaHands
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. ThatNickGuy

Rock/Fast Running Music

If you like Rev Theory (and Blue Mountain State made me love that song :D ), and you want fast running music, you might try: Static X Rammstein Hoobastank Alien Ant Farm Jimmy Eat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Cog
    Hugs x 4

I need advice.

Well, today was the day. My wife didn't sleep thinking about this and ask me not to do it. I will cancel the appointment. In the end, we are going to her doctor and if she says that everything is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Anonymous

Wishing for divorce often

What did your lawyer tell you about getting a divorce ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Thread Necromancer

Internal promotion interview advice sought

That's awesome!! Congratulations! 5 different interviews for an internal promotion is terrifying though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Bubble181

[Question] Wall behaving weirdly

Sure, but in the drain of a roof on the third floor? Quite some tossing :p Though admittedly, he might've pulled from the *bottom* of the drain, I guess.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. fade
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. fade
    Hugs x 10

Depression

I've been on multiple anti-depressants and while I got the side effects, the actual effectiveness for most of them for at least my type of depression so far isn't great. The one I'm on now has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Dave

[Question] How do you all feel about medical research trials for money?

If you decide to do the study for compensation, find out if there are taxes on the payment and if they are taken off before you get the money. I used to do antihistamine studies when I lived in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. IronBrig4

Girl wants to go on dates but doesn't want to date

Create an account on Tinder and move on. It's 5 months, going exclusive or not shouldn't take a half a year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. stienman

Please critique my Kickstarter video

Launched this morning. We'll see... If you have electronicky friends, consider spreading a link around!
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Zappit
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Squidleybits

[Question] Food Aversions

Obligatory I am not a doctor, nor am I a medical professional in any way, and bear in mind that I am still researching, but I am a medical marijuana advocate. Not just THC, but also CBD and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Soupy

Household Budgeting

Intuit (the company behind Quicken and Mint) has a reputation that helps me trust them more than I would, say, a random startup. At least insofar as not deliberately misusing my information. As...
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. Bones

i can no longer get my garage door opener to learn a remote

Generally, this. There should be a "reset" button on your opener's back. Then, you will have to have your remotes "relearn" the communications with the opener. Usually this is nothing more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. Gared

[Question] Buying a house... what am I in for?

Excellent answer, thanks. The good news is we're already started on a few of those points. We've been watching the real estate market in our target area for about four years now (quarterly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Emrys

I've had 4 hours of sleep, so AMA.

We're too cute and fluffy to eat!
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Bubble181

I know I had one of these but it's probably been locked for years: AMA

1. Raspberry, or plain 2. I haven't done enough research yet to draw definitive conclusions :unibrow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. bhamv3

Ask me anything. I will answer every question with two answers, one true and one false

Answer 1: Yes, but she hasn't stopped beating me. Answer 2: No, but she's getting better at chess and I'm sure she'll start winning a few games against me in the near future. Answer 1: I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. jwhouk

[Question] AMA Redux From the Great North Woods

That person need to be taken behind the woodshed and taught a lesson. (not in a Cyanide and Happiness way)
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. LittleKagsin

AMA: The Kaggie Files

Now we know what your new phone wallpaper is. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. BErt

Not working at home anymore but you can still AMA if you want

Convince a large number of new dyslexic users and let it take care of itself
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options