1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Health and Advice

Need personal advice? Health tips? Here ya go!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. BananaHands

Health and Fitness News

Interesting article: The Myth of Drug Expiration Dates This isn't super-surprising to me that things are stable far longer than their "shelf life" says, but I found it interesting that the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Espy
    LOVE IT!! x 9

[Announcement] Do you need help?

I'm not posting this to make fun of this guy. I'm posting this because "man up" is bullshit when it comes to suicide. Please seek help if you feel this way.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Dave
    Locked Sticky

Purpose of this Board!

Updated the board info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. BananaHands

HalFitness

This week's lost pound was the hardest lost pound I've had in years. Steadily 500-1000 calories under my burn rate daily, according to fitbit. Walking approx 5 miles a day (except the last two...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Eriol

[Food] Peanut Allergy Cured in 80% of Kids in Trial

TIL that Dave is the immunological Chuck Norris.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. fade

Finding a new haircut

If I go without a hiarcut for a month, I....pretty much still look like I got a tonsure.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. LittleKagsin

Yep, it went to a Roth IRA. It happened 13+ years ago, so it's way too late to do anything about it now, but yeah, I think the hit completely ate the refund they were expecting to get from the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gared
    Hugs x 5

[Other] Fight or flight, General Panic Disorder, and PTSD. What a horrible combo.

Actually, right now the issue I have is that I have to get a recommendation from my old therapist for a new therapist - she moved. Still, shouldn't be an issue.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. LittleKagsin
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mathias
    Like x 4

Is it fucked up that I found meaning to life through Rick and Morty?

Sure! I guess you can boil it down to spending time with people (or collectives) he truly cares about.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. fade

Getting started with helping people

Sounds like they need to increase their number of houses in rehab at once.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. BananaHands
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. ThatNickGuy

Rock/Fast Running Music

If you like Rev Theory (and Blue Mountain State made me love that song :D ), and you want fast running music, you might try: Static X Rammstein Hoobastank Alien Ant Farm Jimmy Eat...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Cog
    Hugs x 4

I need advice.

Well, today was the day. My wife didn't sleep thinking about this and ask me not to do it. I will cancel the appointment. In the end, we are going to her doctor and if she says that everything is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Anonymous

Wishing for divorce often

What did your lawyer tell you about getting a divorce ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Thread Necromancer

Internal promotion interview advice sought

That's awesome!! Congratulations! 5 different interviews for an internal promotion is terrifying though.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Bubble181

[Question] Wall behaving weirdly

Sure, but in the drain of a roof on the third floor? Quite some tossing :p Though admittedly, he might've pulled from the *bottom* of the drain, I guess.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. fade
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. fade
    Hugs x 10

Depression

I've been on multiple anti-depressants and while I got the side effects, the actual effectiveness for most of them for at least my type of depression so far isn't great. The one I'm on now has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dave

[Question] How do you all feel about medical research trials for money?

If you decide to do the study for compensation, find out if there are taxes on the payment and if they are taken off before you get the money. I used to do antihistamine studies when I lived in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. IronBrig4

Girl wants to go on dates but doesn't want to date

Create an account on Tinder and move on. It's 5 months, going exclusive or not shouldn't take a half a year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. stienman

Please critique my Kickstarter video

Launched this morning. We'll see... If you have electronicky friends, consider spreading a link around!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Zappit
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Squidleybits

[Question] Food Aversions

Obligatory I am not a doctor, nor am I a medical professional in any way, and bear in mind that I am still researching, but I am a medical marijuana advocate. Not just THC, but also CBD and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. Soupy

Household Budgeting

Intuit (the company behind Quicken and Mint) has a reputation that helps me trust them more than I would, say, a random startup. At least insofar as not deliberately misusing my information. As...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. Bones

i can no longer get my garage door opener to learn a remote

Generally, this. There should be a "reset" button on your opener's back. Then, you will have to have your remotes "relearn" the communications with the opener. Usually this is nothing more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Gared

[Question] Buying a house... what am I in for?

Excellent answer, thanks. The good news is we're already started on a few of those points. We've been watching the real estate market in our target area for about four years now (quarterly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Emrys

I've had 4 hours of sleep, so AMA.

We're too cute and fluffy to eat!
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Bubble181

I know I had one of these but it's probably been locked for years: AMA

1. Raspberry, or plain 2. I haven't done enough research yet to draw definitive conclusions :unibrow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. bhamv3

Ask me anything. I will answer every question with two answers, one true and one false

Answer 1: Yes, but she hasn't stopped beating me. Answer 2: No, but she's getting better at chess and I'm sure she'll start winning a few games against me in the near future. Answer 1: I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. jwhouk

[Question] AMA Redux From the Great North Woods

That person need to be taken behind the woodshed and taught a lesson. (not in a Cyanide and Happiness way)
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. LittleKagsin

AMA: The Kaggie Files

Now we know what your new phone wallpaper is. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. BErt

Not working at home anymore but you can still AMA if you want

Convince a large number of new dyslexic users and let it take care of itself
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. Bones

handle on outside faucet broke, at a loss of how to repair it.

thanks guys i never considered that, i will go get one today and see if i can gently tap it on the broken valve.
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Dirona

Best Answer Ask a Cleric

Last I checked, my halo is a bit tarnished and crooked. It keeps getting caught on my horns.
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. ThatNickGuy

AMA Because I Wanna Be One of the Cool Kids

I'm sure your cat feels the same way. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. Ravenpoe
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options