1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

Health and Advice

Need personal advice? Health tips? Here ya go!

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1. BananaHands

Health and Fitness News

Not sure whether I'm happy or not that my mom shows none of the symptoms of this disease. Happy that she hasn't been living in hell for no reason, but unhappy because she's still living in hell.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Espy
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Dave
    Locked Sticky

Purpose of this Board!

Updated the board info.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. BananaHands

HalFitness

Once you've tasted good steel-cut oats, ones with actual flavor, instant/quick oats will forever taste like mere oat pudding. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. IronBrig4

Girl wants to go on dates but doesn't want to date

"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood... ...but because my travelling companion and I weren't talking about the trip we ended up in completely difference emotional places." There's a very real...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Bubble181

[Question] Wall behaving weirdly

Well, no - like pretty much all Europeans, I heat my house with water, not air. If it was a pipe with hot air, it wouldn't get my wall wet :p
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. fade
    Hugs x 10

Depression

I have been on around 12 different antidepressants in my life, I think. It took a very, very long time to find one that was acceptable. Some didn't affect me. Some numbed me out. Some gave me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. stienman

Please critique my Kickstarter video

Launched this morning. We'll see... If you have electronicky friends, consider spreading a link around! [MEDIA]
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Zappit
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Squidleybits

[Question] Food Aversions

Obligatory I am not a doctor, nor am I a medical professional in any way, and bear in mind that I am still researching, but I am a medical marijuana advocate. Not just THC, but also CBD and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Soupy

Household Budgeting

Intuit (the company behind Quicken and Mint) has a reputation that helps me trust them more than I would, say, a random startup. At least insofar as not deliberately misusing my information. As...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bones

i can no longer get my garage door opener to learn a remote

Generally, this. There should be a "reset" button on your opener's back. Then, you will have to have your remotes "relearn" the communications with the opener. Usually this is nothing more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Gared

[Question] Buying a house... what am I in for?

Excellent answer, thanks. The good news is we're already started on a few of those points. We've been watching the real estate market in our target area for about four years now (quarterly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Emrys

I've had 4 hours of sleep, so AMA.

We're too cute and fluffy to eat!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bubble181

I know I had one of these but it's probably been locked for years: AMA

1. Raspberry, or plain 2. I haven't done enough research yet to draw definitive conclusions :unibrow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. bhamv3

Ask me anything. I will answer every question with two answers, one true and one false

Answer 1: Yes, but she hasn't stopped beating me. Answer 2: No, but she's getting better at chess and I'm sure she'll start winning a few games against me in the near future. Answer 1: I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jwhouk

[Question] AMA Redux From the Great North Woods

That person need to be taken behind the woodshed and taught a lesson. (not in a Cyanide and Happiness way)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. LittleKagsin

AMA: The Kaggie Files

Now we know what your new phone wallpaper is. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. BErt

Not working at home anymore but you can still AMA if you want

Convince a large number of new dyslexic users and let it take care of itself
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. stienman
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Bones

handle on outside faucet broke, at a loss of how to repair it.

thanks guys i never considered that, i will go get one today and see if i can gently tap it on the broken valve.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Dirona

Best Answer Ask a Cleric

Last I checked, my halo is a bit tarnished and crooked. It keeps getting caught on my horns.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. ThatNickGuy

AMA Because I Wanna Be One of the Cool Kids

I'm sure your cat feels the same way. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Ravenpoe
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. GasBandit

Where do you put your IRA?

Technical Analysis is the pseudoscience of finance, best to avoid it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. figmentPez
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Fun Size

[Question] How do you write?

Sure, I'll reply to this ancient thread. I write a semi-regular article for the official Blood Bowl NAF newsletter, each article about 5,000 words (they're far too long). I do this by...
    Replies:
    Views:
  28. Bones

lost a socket in the engine bay of my mothers car.

Worst thing is you lost a socket and it might be annoying as hell rattling around on the skid plates.
    Replies:
    Views:
  29. Bones

help translating a Chinese keyword on an image.

The way the tattoo moves can be quite interesting :p
    Replies:
    Views:
  30. stienman

Please critique my PC build

I'm using a 7970 right now, and it's the last card I'm going to put in this system (because it's the newest/most capable card that still natively supports XP). The 7850 should be fine for a start....
    Replies:
    Views:
  31. ThatNickGuy

Dating More Than One Girl?

All at once or one at a time. Class is in session. :unibrow:
    Replies:
    Views:
  32. Mathias
    Like x 3

So I got a GoPro

I'm going to do my comedy set this weekend with a GoPro on my head facing the audience.
    Replies:
    Views:
  33. Anonymous

[Question] Being a landlord

Just don't be like this guy. --Patrick
    Replies:
    Views:
  34. Cog

Ask me anything and I will answer in a very bad english.

My mom visited Ecuador and Peru a few years ago. She later adopted a kitten and named him Quito. I don't actually have a question.
    Replies:
    Views:
  35. General Specific

Ask Me Nothing (AMN) and I will answer.

Oh, because of bumblefuckery involved in step 9.
    Replies:
    Views:
  36. Charlie Don't Surf

I'm bored, I'm back, AMA

We parted ways to different cities years ago, but still keep in touch online.
    Replies:
    Views:
  37. ThatNickGuy

Work in Hawaii?

One of the local news outlets did finally address this whole teaching thing. The Pipe Dream Of Teaching In Paradise Goes Global
    Replies:
    Views:
  38. Tinwhistler

Now that the bandwagon has moved on, AMA :)

Well, I can already play the first two of those, and could probably learn the 3rd..so probably ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options