My spouse

So now back to our regularly scheduled downer medical news.

Got home from work today and my spouse Dill, was having trouble talking. Slurring words and stuttering. So we got our shit together quick and whisked off to urgent care.

They took us straight to the emergency room. Several hours later, tests are inconclusive. Doctors don’t think it is a stroke, but have not ruled it out completely. Only symptoms that fit that are the speech and some muscle weakness.

CT scan of heart and brain all showed normal function. No clots and no hemorrhages. So yay not a major issue, but also nothing to explain what is going on.

So, Dill has been admitted and after a couple of more hours, we were finally led up to their room for at least tonight, probably a few more days.

MRI and more tests are scheduled for tomorrow. It is currently 1am and I need to finish packing up some clothes and such to take back and also work on getting some food in me. I haven’t had anything since lunch at 11am.

Make sure they check for a urinary tract infection. My wife used to work in health care and she says they can cause stroke-like symptoms like you describe. It also happened to my grandma last year. Everybody was talking stroke, turns out it was something else completely.

Best wishes to you and your spouse!

So weird development today. While in the hospital, Dill has found that they are able to speak German perfectly. No issues.

As soon as they switch back to English, the issues return.

sooo, possibly a neurological issue? Still waiting for more tests.

Dill has a degree in German, so yes, it was known. Minor in Spanish, which also was fine when spoken.

BUT! GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! Dill's ability to talk in English steadily improved over the day. When we started yesterday, they could barely get words out and when I left them today to go home and take care of our bunnies, Dill was talking in full sentences with only occasional stutters.

We are still waiting on an MRI to see if there is anything hidden, but things are at least looking up.

Finally got an MRI done around 8pm today, results back show nothing. Everything is fine.

There is nothing we can point to physically to explain what happened.

They want a psych eval and since we had to reschedule Dill's normal psych appointment to Monday, we can get that done ourselves. Hopefully we will be able to get Dill home tomorrow.