Minor Legal Question (Recording Calls, Posting on Social Media)

So this happened earlier today:

Long story short, asshole gets called out by someone I follow and goes on a rampage on anyone who dared to comment on the drama. Which I did. Never engaged with the asshole directly, but I made two comments about him. One saying "Wow, he locked down his account some quick," and another about briefly looking at his Instagram page before he locked down that, as well.

When I got home from work tonight, I told him he was free to call me. And he did. What followed was a 30-minute call. 90% of it him screaming at me, swearing at me, and being incredibly racist, ableist, homophobic, etc.

And I recorded the whole thing on my GoPro.

Now, legally in Canada, I'm allowed to do this as long as one party consents.

However, I'd also REALLY like to post this on social media. I'm holding off because I can't seem to find any legal info on actually sharing the recorded conversation with someone else or sharing it on social media. I know people do it, but I'd like to at least cover my ass, legally, in case he threatens me.

Anyone have any idea on this?

So this happened earlier today:

Long story short, asshole gets called out by someone I follow and goes on a rampage on anyone who dared to comment on the drama. Which I did. Never engaged with the asshole directly, but I made two comments about him. One saying "Wow, he locked down his account some quick," and another about briefly looking at his Instagram page before he locked down that, as well.

When I got home from work tonight, I told him he was free to call me. And he did. What followed was a 30-minute call. 90% of it him screaming at me, swearing at me, and being incredibly racist, ableist, homophobic, etc.

And I recorded the whole thing on my GoPro.

Now, legally in Canada, I'm allowed to do this as long as one party consents.

However, I'd also REALLY like to post this on social media. I'm holding off because I can't seem to find any legal info on actually sharing the recorded conversation with someone else or sharing it on social media. I know people do it, but I'd like to at least cover my ass, legally, in case he threatens me.

Anyone have any idea on this?
I don't know the laws in Canada, but my biggest advice would be to just stay out of it. This guy will out himself plenty all on his own.

I don't know the laws in Canada, but my biggest advice would be to just stay out of it. This guy will out himself plenty all on his own.
Oh he has. Multiple times. He's shown his ass more than Ryan Reynolds (see because Reynolds often shows off his bare ass in movies).

Of course, if someone just...HAPPENED to upload a private video, only available if you have the link, for people to view at their leisure, who am I to stop them?

I think you're fine.

But seriously Nick, don't do this to yourself dude, holy smokes.

Psuedo necro, I was just perusing the forums I don't normally.

I think you're fine.

But seriously Nick, don't do this to yourself dude, holy smokes.

Psuedo necro, I was just perusing the forums I don't normally.
I've honestly already moved on from this. Still think about the insanity of that phone call. No idea why I subjected myself to half an hour of it, let alone let him call me at all.