[Question] Bones needs a new wallet!

Hey all, my fossil trifold from high school is finally on its last legs and I am curious to see if anyone has any suggestions for a replacement. Thanks!

This really comes down to personal taste and local customs/habits.
So you still regularly need/use/handle coins/loose change? Do you still have papers you need to carry with you (ID, driver's license,...) larger than a credit card with you? Do you need/want multiple spots to put bills or small bits of paper? Some people keep receipts, some don't, etc etc.
Honestly, I do still have a big trifold because it's moose leather and a souvenir from Norway, but if I were replacing it, it certainly wouldn't be that big anymore.
I don't carry any cash at all 90% of the time.

This really comes down to personal taste and local customs/habits.
So you still regularly need/use/handle coins/loose change? Do you still have papers you need to carry with you (ID, driver's license,...) larger than a credit card with you? Do you need/want multiple spots to put bills or small bits of paper? Some people keep receipts, some don't, etc etc.
Honestly, I do still have a big trifold because it's moose leather and a souvenir from Norway, but if I were replacing it, it certainly wouldn't be that big anymore.
I don't carry any cash at all 90% of the time.
Honestly I carry my wallet in the front pocket of my pants, I have a trifold because of the amount of credit/debit/security access cards I carry. Cash isn't as huge of an issue as it use to be. I only have one oversized security card used for access to secured spaces at work. I don't really keep change, but I don't think I want one of those hard wallets everyone raves about either.

I still have an old billfold wallet for when I travel international and want to have local currency, otherwise I used to carry a real minimal wallet like Tin's link to hold ID, one credit card, emergency $20, and a flex spot for wherever I'm going (grocery store loyalty card, library, Costco, ATM card). Currently, I use a Ridge knock-off called Rossm that works well to hold more cards (can carry 12, I only need 6-7) now that I use different cards for different spending bonuses. I always carry in front pocket, and I'm not yet a fan of bringing out the phone for mobile wallet use.

So, to be clear, I put my ID, 6 credit cards and my insurance cards plus a tiny amount of folding money in the wallet I linked. I put 2 cards in each slot, plus 2 additional insurance cards in the back slot. It accommodates them fine.

What it's mostly missing is the bulk of all that folded, layered leather.

I keep a tyvek paper wallet for ID and small money. And a small zipper bank pouch for change, USB drive, pocket knife and emergency cash. I go on a prison unit nearly daily and stash the zipper pouch in my desk to keep it away from the "offenders."

I've used a couple different minimal card holders similar to what Tinwhistler has, I've liked the ones I had. In my opinion the cheap ones are all pretty much the same. I had one with RFID-blocking mesh that developed a green patina, which was a little gross.

Right now I use a minimalist bifold from Dash Wallets since sometimes I want something fairly slim, but that also holds cash. Build quality isn't fantastic, but it's mostly held up over the years. I also have another Dash Wallet cardholder that I mostly like. It's kind of like a hard wallet, but with a synthetic covering so it's a little easier on the pockets. It's got a fun card ejection mechanism, but if you need to use that feature a lot, I suspect it can be kind of rough on the edge of cards, especially the older kind that are embossed.

If you want something more traditional, I've heard nice things about Corter Leather.

Honestly I carry my wallet in the front pocket of my pants
Same. Started doing that when I moved to NYC, never stopped.
My wallet(s) of choice since then have always been zippered single-folders, because maybe I need a single exterior pocket for whipping out my ID, but what I definitely don't need is to have my wallet contents explode all over everything nearby if I fumble my quickdraw feat.

--Patrick

The one I've had for quite a while now is an RFID-blocking wallet, because at the time I bought it that was the big new tech-based theft.