Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

I came down with a slight cough last month after I drove from Texas to San Diego and back. I thought it was just my body coughing up the dirt I'd acquired whilst driving through the Southwest. Indeed, I actually coughed up some trail dust. But then it just didn't go away. It got worse over the past couple weeks and so I finally saw a doctor. It's full-blown bronchitis and I have to lecture five classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They gave me some potent antibiotics and I'm feeling much better, but that means I'll be hacking up phlegm for the next few days as my respiratory system clears itself. And I'm talking about that thick brownish phlegm that makes you gag when it sits in your mouth.

GasBandit

Staff member
If anybody's wondering, "Bite Fuel" protein cookies taste like greywater poured on kitty litter and then mashed into globs.

We're getting a T1 line at work!

.....for a single dedicated secure machine.
But T1s are so slow. Other than for security, I think my company has stopped selling them.
While @grub is right, T1 is only ~1.5Mbps (wiki) I know that it's also been "colloquially" used to mean any kind of dedicated high-speed line. Let's hope it's something better, considering I have Gigabit to my HOUSE (and I get at least 60% of that to international locations too), so 1.5Mbps is kinda stupid in comparison.

I need new shoes... again. Something in my right foot damages the shoe. All my shoes sooner or later start hurting my heel.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ugh and now the black rubber marks on the side of my white car, left by the exploding tire, won't come off no matter how much I scrub >_<

Ugh and now the black rubber marks on the side of my white car, left by the exploding tire, won't come off no matter how much I scrub >_<
Just Sharpie up the other side, make it look like a primal tattoo...or maybe just spray paint 'em white.
(also thanks for saving me the time of finding all those references)

--Patrick

Ugh. Up late because I couldn't stop playing Batman The Enemy Within. Finished it, but now I instantly regret it because I won't get much sleep for work tomorrow.

Look, you fucking hippies, no matter how pretentious you want it to be, bone broth is just fucking stock. You simmered bones until collagen was released. THAT'S JUST STOCK.

Oh, it's simmered longer than stock you say? YOU JUST SIMMERED STOCK LONGER. IT'S STILL EFFING STOCK. I made super concentrated turkey stock for my freezer. It turned to savoury jello when it cooled it had so much gelatin in it. You know what? Stock. STOCK. STOCK. STOCK.

Get the fuck out of my face with this bullshit. Broth doesn't use bones, stock does. THASSIT.

Look, you fucking hippies, no matter how pretentious you want it to be, bone broth is just fucking stock. You simmered bones until collagen was released. THAT'S JUST STOCK.

Oh, it's simmered longer than stock you say? YOU JUST SIMMERED STOCK LONGER. IT'S STILL EFFING STOCK. I made super concentrated turkey stock for my freezer. It turned to savoury jello when it cooled it had so much gelatin in it. You know what? Stock. STOCK. STOCK. STOCK.

Get the fuck out of my face with this bullshit. Broth doesn't use bones, stock does. THASSIT.
I'm with you. Bone broth and stock are interchangeable terms. In fact, James Beard says that "broth, stock and bullion are all the same thing." That said, not all stocks are made with bones. Bone broths specifically would be. In other words, all bone broths are stocks. Not all stocks are bone broths.

I assume that Swanson Chicken Broth and Swanson Chicken Bone Broth both are made with bones, but if you look at the ingredients, the "bone broth" version has a slightly different complement of vegetables that it was made with. When I'm shopping for broths at the store, I just see the "bone broth" label on the box as just another variety of ingredients, and choose accordingly.

But I totally understand the aversion to the reverence that modern food hipsters place on the term. It's like "avocado toast"--it's just fucking guacamole, yo. ;)