AMA: The Kaggie Files

HEEEEYY!

What are you guys up to? Work is incredibly slow today, so, you know, I've got time. We can chat! Please. I need the distraction.

How's your Zatanna coming along?
AHAAa...it's coming. I've been dog-sitting (as you know - the huskies) for over a week and that's really put me behind. The convention is in two weeks, but I think I'll manage to finish her up. It's just the stupid jacket that's why more complicated than it has any right to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1457716887,1457716785][/DOUBLEPOST]
Must be nice. I'm busier'n a one-legged cat tryna bury turds on asphalt.

AND YET HERE I AM
You poor thing. Haha, if I could help you, I would. =^^=

Your avatar is beeping flirtatiously at me. How do I respond without leading it on?

Have you considered asking me questions to resolve your boredom? (see https://www.halforums.com/threads/ama-three-word-edition.31813/ )

What inside jokes or puns do you have at work or with one or more co-workers?

When does Nate start his job (or has he already begun)?

Does that mean you're stuck there for two years while he builds his resume, or are you moving for this job?

When you're out running and you see another runner approaching from the opposite direction, how do you act/react?

What is something you want to do, but haven't due only to worry/anxiety/etc?

Your avatar is beeping flirtatiously at me. How do I respond without leading it on?
Accept the compliment, but be upfront about your interest. "Thank you so much, but I'm not interested in you like that."

(HAAAA!)

Have you considered asking me questions to resolve your boredom? (see https://www.halforums.com/threads/ama-three-word-edition.31813/ )
Yes! But I generally feel stupid when I post on here, so I avoid posting if I can. :(

What inside jokes or puns do you have at work or with one or more co-workers?
Unfortunately zero. My job is pretty isolated and I barely interact with anyone, so I don't get to have a rapport/get to joke around with them.

When does Nate start his job (or has he already begun)?
It's already started! :D He started on Monday, so he made it through his first week at the new job. Yay!!

Does that mean you're stuck there for two years while he builds his resume, or are you moving for this job?
Yep, pretty much. Unless we could find someone in California that would hire him. I'm actually really heart broken that we have to stay here. It's just..incredibly frustrating. Nope, not moving for this job, it's even within walking distance of our house, just like his last job. So, here we stay.

When you're out running and you see another runner approaching from the opposite direction, how do you act/react?
First I make sure I'm not in their path, I move to the left or right, whichever gets me out of their way. And then as we pass, I do a smile and wave, sometimes with a head nod too. In my mind I always say encouraging things to them as well. =^^=

What is something you want to do, but haven't due only to worry/anxiety/etc?
Oh, a lot of things. A lot of it deals with being social. I have some intense social anxiety, so that keeps me from creating strong bonds with many people and keeps me home a lot of nights. I even have anxiety from here, so I post not a lot. Uh, and of course, cosplay. There are many characters I love and adore, but because I'm not in the best physical shape, I CANNOT (I can actually, I just tell myself I can't) cosplay them because with my body the way it is, I won't do the character justice. And then a big one - applying for school. I've told people I'm going to do it and I have started gathering everything I need to do so, but I just can't. I want to go to school so bad. SO BAD. But I just can't. There's a lot of things about that whole process that worry me to an extreme degree.

That's ... a shame.
Please allow yourself to realize that many on this board admire and look up to you for many reasons, some obvious, some not so obvious.

--Patrick
Thank you, I appreciate that. :heart:

It's just a weird struggle I have - I do the same thing in real life that I do on here. Like, after a party or social gathering, when I get home I analyze every little thing I said or did. Did I dominate the conversation? Was I obnoxious and in everyone's face? Were my stories stupid and not worth telling? Was I mean? Did I make rude jokes at someone's expense? Which leads me to - was my post useful? Did it serve a purpose or was it stupid? Did I say something mean? Did they understand what I meant? Did they get my joke? I have these long conversations with myself about things and it's, it's tough. So, if I don't post it eliminates all of that.

This feels stupid even now. I feel like it's complaining or trying to garner sympathy, which is not my intention. Bleh. =^^= Haha!

GasBandit

Staff member
Thank you, I appreciate that. :heart:

It's just a weird struggle I have - I do the same thing in real life that I do on here. Like, after a party or social gathering, when I get home I analyze every little thing I said or did. Did I dominate the conversation? Was I obnoxious and in everyone's face? Were my stories stupid and not worth telling? Was I mean? Did I make rude jokes at someone's expense? Which leads me to - was my post useful? Did it serve a purpose or was it stupid? Did I say something mean? Did they understand what I meant? Did they get my joke? I have these long conversations with myself about things and it's, it's tough. So, if I don't post it eliminates all of that.

This feels stupid even now. I feel like it's complaining or trying to garner sympathy, which is not my intention. Bleh. =^^= Haha!
This post isn't stupid.

And remember, no matter what you post, you'll never post anything as stupid as has already been posted by somebody else, nor as mean as, heck, as mean as some of the things I've posted in the past.

This post isn't stupid.

And remember, no matter what you post, you'll never post anything as stupid as has already been posted by somebody else, nor as mean as, heck, as mean as some of the things I've posted in the past.
Haha! Well, that's probably true. ;)

I just wish I was more witty or interesting so I could have more to say, or reply to, but I find it really hard to post just for posts' sake.

Tile, wood, or carpet flooring?
I like wood floors, except in like a den type living space. I'm sure I've mentioned before but I come from a family of floor people. We lay on the floor all of the time! And carpet is better for that. ;) But, general living space, wood floors all the way.

Baby otters, baby seals, puppies, or chicks: who wins in a general cute-off?

Same question, but: who would win in a cage match?

Do you ever make chicken and then eat just a little at first to make sure you did it right like maybe you'll only get a little super sick if you just eat a little bit of this terrible chicken you just made?

Then you're just sitting at the table trying to think if you already had to go to the bathroom or if this is a new and terrifying development?

Cause I feel like I'm not really alone on that.

Do you ever make chicken and then eat just a little at first to make sure you did it right like maybe you'll only get a little super sick if you just eat a little bit of this terrible chicken you just made?

Then you're just sitting at the table trying to think if you already had to go to the bathroom or if this is a new and terrifying development?

Amazon product

Baby otters, baby seals, puppies, or chicks: who wins in a general cute-off?

Same question, but: who would win in a cage match?
I say puppies because there's more variety for the cute.

Now. In a cage match I'm really not sure. I think chicks are out straight away - they can't fly and would be CRUSHED by the other three. Baby seals and puppies would be about the same weight. I think the puppies take it because they have more mobility than the seals and are bigger than the otters.

Yes.

How have you been holding up?
*Shrugs* I'm okay. On a weird whim, I joined an RP group with a friend and it's pretty much consumed my life - it's pretty involved. And other than that, I'm having an up currently, so that's nice (my depression isn't hitting me hard at the moment). My life is stagnant, but not bad. :heart:

I dunno, I use one too, but I have to switch between it and other facial soap. The charcoal one really dries out the skin, though it's really good at cleaning out pores and such.

Where you been?
Distracted mostly. I mentioned a while ago that I joined an RP and it takes up 100% of my time these days. It's very involved - a lot of writing - and so I gained like 30 new friends that want my attention 24/7, so I do my best to make myself available for them. But that also means, a lot of other things have unfortunately fallen by the wayside. :S BUT. I still exist, I promise!