Ask me anything

I should be writing up a design document right now, but I hate that kind of thing so ask me anything!

What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite color?
What is the capital of Assyria?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Have you been able to get away with anything yet?
Once back when I was in the Army Reserves, my unit was visited by a Major General (2 star). While the rest of the company was busy running around panicking, myself and a fellow buddy from the motor pool, grabbed a clipboard, TM (technical manual), and a DA FORM 2404 (For filling out a PMCS, preventive maintenance, checks and services) and headed over to hang out by one of the HMMVS. When the general made his way over we explained that we were checking the vehicles. Before he left the entire company is in formation and he calls the two of us up to the front to award us his coin. We were, and I quote "The only two people he met here that had a sense of purpose." It's probably the thing I'm most proud of from my time in the service.

PC vs Console
My gaming PC is currently broken, and my PS3 is primarily a streaming video player. I'd say PC though, because console games have become so complex with a long time between turning the system on and gameplay that I wonder why I wouldn't just play the PC version. Consoles might have had a better argument 2 generations ago, but now? what's the point? (sports games. the answer is sports games)

Star Trek Vs Star Wars
Star Trek in general. While I don't need truly hard sci-fi, I'd pick soft science fiction over science fantasy anytime. That said a lot of Star Trek does not survive repeat viewing. There's a lot of bad trek out there. Stargate (not the movie) beats them both. To me it feels like SG-1 was the first science fiction tv show written by fans of the genre.

Coffee: Black and Strong or milky and weak
Black and Strong. I get mad when a barista feels the need to leave 2 inches in my cup for milk or cream. If I wanted a cappuccino I would have ordered a damn cappuccino. Which are great, just not when I want coffee. Now ideally I like a small amount of milk (whole at least), like half a shot tops. Gives it some body.

Coke or pepsi?
Coke. God what's wrong with Pepsi drinkers. It's awful and leaves my teeth feeling funny like there's a layer of syrup stuck on them.

Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Neither? by all accounts Aniston is a horrible person, and I still remember the whole cheating scandal with Jolie, who has always been a little to weird for my tastes.

Cats or kittens?
Kittens get you the best of both worlds, eventually you wind up with a cat. I have 1 cat, had her since she was a kitten, she's about as good a cat as one can hope for, considering they're still cats and the only reason they don't kill us and eat us in our sleep is because we're bigger than them.

What's your favourite video game?
Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. I got the DX version (The color one) for Christmas, the same year Ocarina of Time came out (which I purchased on the 26th with my Christmas money). Link's Awakening was my first experience with the Zelda series and to this day remains my favorite iteration. It made impressive use of the Gameboy, and frankly set some high expectations for other games on the handheld.

What should I do with my life?
My Dad taught me two things that have served me very well. The first is that there is no shame in doing honest work. The second is his key to happiness in life, discover what it is that you love to do, and figure out how you can make money while doing it. Now theres more to these soundbites than just the soundbites, but that's for you to think on and determine for yourself.

But if you're looking for something more immediate, go to My comic book store and find something great to buy! We have a wide selection and there are tons of great books out there. Feeling contemplative about life you should check out The Sculptor, by Scott McCloud. </shameless-plug>