Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
7,127 1,496 27
We have apple maggots. This means my entire apple harvest from this year is now unusable. I was going to make sooooooo much stuff with those apples. We have two varieties, one that's great for sauce and apple butter; and one that's going to be fantastic for cider - and I could easily pull another two or three bushels from each tree (in addition to the half-bushel I'd already picked of each). That leaves me with pickling cucumbers, what will likely be a whole crop of green tomatoes (bad sun exposure, late planting), a whole mess of pole beans, five cups of blackberries, several dozen jalapenos, and a gallon of wild plums; so I'm set for savory preserves, but I'm going to be running low on sweet preserves mid-winter unless I can find a cheap source of apples or pears somewhere.
Ehh it's just additional protein, right? :barf:

Reactions
24 41 0
Well, mostly what we have is the leavings of apple maggots, and very few actual maggots. Still though, eww. Hopefully the Farmer's Almanac will be wrong and we won't get a colder than average winter this year, and I'll get a chance to get my winter garden in so I'll have pumpkins and such come early spring, and zucchini. You can never run out of sweet options when you have plenty of zucchini.

Reactions
243 102 0
I came down with a slight cough last month after I drove from Texas to San Diego and back. I thought it was just my body coughing up the dirt I'd acquired whilst driving through the Southwest. Indeed, I actually coughed up some trail dust. But then it just didn't go away. It got worse over the past couple weeks and so I finally saw a doctor. It's full-blown bronchitis and I have to lecture five classes on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They gave me some potent antibiotics and I'm feeling much better, but that means I'll be hacking up phlegm for the next few days as my respiratory system clears itself. And I'm talking about that thick brownish phlegm that makes you gag when it sits in your mouth.

Reactions
299 37 13
We're getting a T1 line at work!

.....for a single dedicated secure machine.
But T1s are so slow. Other than for security, I think my company has stopped selling them.
While @grub is right, T1 is only ~1.5Mbps (wiki) I know that it's also been "colloquially" used to mean any kind of dedicated high-speed line. Let's hope it's something better, considering I have Gigabit to my HOUSE (and I get at least 60% of that to international locations too), so 1.5Mbps is kinda stupid in comparison.

Reactions
386 142 0
I need new shoes... again. Something in my right foot damages the shoe. All my shoes sooner or later start hurting my heel.

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
7,127 1,496 27
Ugh and now the black rubber marks on the side of my white car, left by the exploding tire, won't come off no matter how much I scrub >_<

Reactions
2,454 703 25
Ugh and now the black rubber marks on the side of my white car, left by the exploding tire, won't come off no matter how much I scrub >_<
Just Sharpie up the other side, make it look like a primal tattoo...or maybe just spray paint 'em white.
(also thanks for saving me the time of finding all those references)

--Patrick

Reactions
1,354 355 2
Ugh. Up late because I couldn't stop playing Batman The Enemy Within. Finished it, but now I instantly regret it because I won't get much sleep for work tomorrow.

Reactions
24 41 0
The good news is, at least my current health provider actually has a contact number, and had someone who answered and was able to transfer me to their quality control officer. The bad news is, I now know that number, and the QC officer's name, and have filed a complaint against their radiology department for refusing to communicate with my provider.

Edit: Whoo! Five minute response time, not too shabby. Of course, it wasn't my doc who called me, and the person who returned my call told me that they "just got the x-rays in this weekend," so I have no idea how it took them 5 days to "get the x-rays in," from their own radiologist (because I was in their hospital and my doc could see that they'd been taken, just not "resultsed,"); but now I have the results. No structural damage to the bones, I should seek out PT and if it keeps bothering me, I should "figure out ways to make it stop hurting, and let us know if it continues."

Umm... it's been bothering me off and on for 30 years, do those 30 years not count for anything? How much longer does it need to continue before they'll do something other than PT and muscle relaxers? Guess this means it's definitely time to go get my weed prescription card and a license to grow 16 plants instead of 4, since my health system is refusing to treat me.

Last edited: