Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

So you guys are saying I should open my cleaning business for real?

I much prefer to clean others' houses over my own for some reason. And I love, LOOOVE, to help people pack and move. My house is clean, but there's still stuff everywhere. Nate and I just have so many things: books, art prints, all of Nate's foam builds, video games, a lot of weapons and then all of my cosplay stuff. There's just no room. And we have a small place to begin with.

(If I ever make it out to visit any Halfites, feel free to let me clean if you want it. :D )
http://www.hobostripper.com/how-to-be-a-topless-house-cleaner/

:cool:

Hah, that reminds me SO much of my parents. I always thought it was ludicrous how they said we had to clean the house because the cleaning lady was coming tomorrow.

And that house was never anything even remotely approaching how bad mine is now.
Yeah, I would never let a cleaning lady near my house. BUT cleaning ladies generally do things like dusting and vacuuming, they don't clean up clutter and other such things. That's why people have to clean before they come.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I would never let a cleaning lady near my house. BUT cleaning ladies generally do things like dusting and vacuuming, they don't clean up clutter and other such things. That's why people have to clean before they come.
The sims has led me to believe otherwise.

I've seen cleaning services where they explicitly state that they don't even do dusting.

Shit, if all you're gonna do is vacuum, I'll just go buy a roomba.

Oh wait, already got one ;)

So you guys are saying I should open my cleaning business for real?

I much prefer to clean others' houses over my own for some reason. And I love, LOOOVE, to help people pack and move. My house is clean, but there's still stuff everywhere. Nate and I just have so many things: books, art prints, all of Nate's foam builds, video games, a lot of weapons and then all of my cosplay stuff. There's just no room. And we have a small place to begin with.

(If I ever make it out to visit any Halfites, feel free to let me clean if you want it. :D )
If you ever find yourself in Florida, you are more than welcome to stop by and clean my house. You can mow the lawn and clean the gutters too if you want, I'm just that accommodating.

GasBandit

Staff member
Our main network switch died.

Guess who just spent the last 4 hours navigating a rat's nest and solving inexplicable network problems.

Last edited:
Hah, that reminds me SO much of my parents. I always thought it was ludicrous how they said we had to clean the house because the cleaning lady was coming tomorrow.

And that house was never anything even remotely approaching how bad mine is now.
My mum was like that. She'd have us cleaning all night before the cleaning lady came. There honestly wasn't much for her to do. We have someone come in once a week and I make sure that we leave the house in a reasonable way but we don't pre-clean. We also have an agreement that if a bedroom door is closed that room can be skipped.

I continued crunching the numbers I mentioned last night. They reached stupid levels. Stupid enough that I can't talk about them any further. :confused:

Having to give medicine to a rat each morning and evening is not my idea of a good time. But probably receiving it isn't her idea of a good time considering how red my arm is, so I guess we're even.

Still another 18 doses to go.

This discussion of cleaning people has left me a little confused; if all they do is clean and dust, what's the point? Those are some of the easiest parts of cleaning. If I'm paying someone, I want things organized, the windows cleaned, the bathrooms sparkling... the stuff I'm less fond of. Otherwise, it makes more sense to do it myself. Which I do. Frequently. :(

I know my aunt and uncle employ a maid, but I guess that's a little different. The one that they have at the house and the one at the beach house are usually cleaning up after us, putting dishes away, wiping down the floors, etc. I guess I can see the point of that. But someone you have to clean up your house just to have them do next to nothing? That's a waste of money to me.

fade

Staff member
We have a cleaning lady come once a month. She doesn't pick your stuff up, but she does everything else. She sweeps, dusts, mops, scrubs down the bathrooms, scrubs down the kitchen, remakes the beds with new bedding, vacuums, and wipes down all the surfaces. The kitchen and bathroom scrubbing alone are worth the price.

GasBandit

Staff member
This discussion of cleaning people has left me a little confused; if all they do is clean and dust, what's the point? Those are some of the easiest parts of cleaning. If I'm paying someone, I want things organized, the windows cleaned, the bathrooms sparkling... the stuff I'm less fond of. Otherwise, it makes more sense to do it myself. Which I do. Frequently. :(

I know my aunt and uncle employ a maid, but I guess that's a little different. The one that they have at the house and the one at the beach house are usually cleaning up after us, putting dishes away, wiping down the floors, etc. I guess I can see the point of that. But someone you have to clean up your house just to have them do next to nothing? That's a waste of money to me.
The cleaning lady my parents had did clean bathrooms and windows, as well as sweep/mop/vacuum/dust/bed linens and I don't know what else. I do remember her name was Lupe though!

You ever go to eat a pork sausage stub your toe on a corner so hard the nail bed starts bleeding? >_<
Yes.
We had to make a rule at my house about the black kickstool in the kitchen: It gets returned to the same location every night during get-ready-for-bed time. You can't see that thing when it's dark, and I've literally torn the nail off my pinkie toe on that thing more than once.

--Patrick

You actually can't marry into being king, since king is a higher title than queen. The ruling queen would remain queen, and you would become prince-consort.
Unless I let @Gruebeard share my crown, which would make him king.

I'm not sure, though, if he would want that considering my crown is a live doomweasel.

I went in to work super early this morning and worked through my lunch. I was in a bad way pain-wise so I went home once I put my hours in. I was all excited to have the house to myself and I got in my recliner, got my laptop going. I had an ice cold diet coke ready....and I fell asleep sitting up and was woken up by my kids hours later :(

Last Saturday an...old acquaintance came into my door, saying he just wanted a glass of water and to use my toilet. Despite my misgivings, I let him in. It turns out, he needed the water to settle his stomach...from a massive hang-over, which caused him to puke in my toilet for several hours. I am glad my mother wasn't there, as she gets pissed more about such occurrences than this than my father. I let him lie down on my couch, for one because he was "sick" but mostly because...I was the only person he could count on. Me, a guy who barely talks to him, has an OBVIOUSLY strained relationship with, has gone on record saying I wanted to beat him with a SHOVEL...and was the closest thing he had to a friend. Obviously I didn't force him to leave, though I did complain...a lot. He left, walked to his house, and then drove back to my house to apologize and thank me for treating him like a human being...a FUCKING human being. This includes his own foster family who disowned him, one of which he got drunk at the house she and he had to leave in the morning BUT left early in the morning while leaving him knowing he was in a drunken stupor. I have fucked up from time to time, but never to the point where my sibling would abandon me...fuck.

I still have my misgivings about the man, I always will...but I feel more sadness for him than the hatred I once felt. Here's a guy who made ALL the bad choices in life, where the closest thing he has is ME a guy who verbally chastises him to his face. I am not a man of god, Anton Lavey was my idol as a teenager, but... I pray for him. I pray that he'll be able to become sober, I pray that he'll be able to make real friends again, and get a real family again. I can't say I'll be a friend or family towards him in the future, but if he changes for the better I'll be happy.

Thought it'd be a week before I posted about this, my resistance has limits I guess.

Edit: Thank you.

Last edited:
Last Saturday an...old acquaintance came into my door, saying he just wanted a glass of water and to use my toilet. Despite my misgivings, I let him in. It turns out, he needed the water to settle his stomach...from a massive hang-over, which caused him to puke in my toilet for several hours. I am glad my mother wasn't there, as she gets pissed more about such occurrences than this than my father. I let him lie down on my couch, for one because he was "sick" but mostly because...I was the only person he could count on. Me, a guy who barely talks to him, has an OBVIOUSLY strained relationship with, has gone on record saying I wanted to beat him with a SHOVEL...and was the closest thing he had to a friend. Obviously I didn't force him to leave, though I did complain...a lot. He left, walked to his house, and then drove back to my house to apologize and thank me for treating him like a human being...a FUCKING human being. This includes his own foster family who disowned him, one of which he got drunk at the house she and he had to leave in the morning BUT left early in the morning while leaving him knowing he was in a drunken stupor. I have fucked up from time to time, but never to the point where my sibling would abandon me...fuck.

I still have my misgivings about the man, I always will...but I feel more sadness for him than the hatred I once felt. Here's a guy who made ALL the bad choices in life, where the closest thing he has is ME a guy who verbally chastises him to his face. I am not a man of god, Anton Lavey was my idol as a teenager, but... I pray for him. I pray that he'll be able to become sober, I pray that he'll be able to make real friends again, and get a real family again. I can't say I'll be a friend or family towards him in the future, but if he changes for the better I'll be happy.

Thought it'd be a week before I posted about this, my resistance has limits I guess.

Edit: Thank you.
I hope he doesn't rob you, but my experience in matters like this tells me he's probably going to rob you.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

As I go deeper down this rabbit hole of last winter's paperwork and some patterns emerge, it's gone beyond honest mistakes, simply not caring, or gross incompetence. I'm willing to call it sabotage.

He doesn't necessarily mean now.
He means later, as in he was casing the joint now for a return trip later.

--Patrick
AH-yes, that MAY be a possibility, I'll keep a third eye open if he does decide to go down that road again.

If I sound skeptical of him doing it, its not because I trust him, history shows he's generally not smart enough to think things through to the latter. BUT-third eye shall be open, thank you both for worrying.

Last edited:
AH-yes, that MAY be a possibility, I'll keep a third eye open if he does decide to go down that road again.

If I sound skeptical of him doing it, its not because I trust him, history shows he's generally not smart enough to think things through to the latter. BUT-third eye shall be open, thank you both for worrying.
I don't mean to sound so cynical and skeptical. I've had friends, some once very close friends, deal with the demons of addiction and poor choices. When they're that far down the hole, the things they are willing to do in their desperation can go far outside the bounds of what you, a friend, might expect. The only consolation I really have from my own experience, is at least it was me that caught him mid-burglary, and it wasn't a strangers house that might try to shoot him, and that this event was the rock bottom that it took for him to finally seek help.