Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Reactions
1,303 479 6
Look, you fucking hippies, no matter how pretentious you want it to be, bone broth is just fucking stock. You simmered bones until collagen was released. THAT'S JUST STOCK.

Oh, it's simmered longer than stock you say? YOU JUST SIMMERED STOCK LONGER. IT'S STILL EFFING STOCK. I made super concentrated turkey stock for my freezer. It turned to savoury jello when it cooled it had so much gelatin in it. You know what? Stock. STOCK. STOCK. STOCK.

Get the fuck out of my face with this bullshit. Broth doesn't use bones, stock does. THASSIT.

Reactions
992 200 0
Look, you fucking hippies, no matter how pretentious you want it to be, bone broth is just fucking stock. You simmered bones until collagen was released. THAT'S JUST STOCK.

Oh, it's simmered longer than stock you say? YOU JUST SIMMERED STOCK LONGER. IT'S STILL EFFING STOCK. I made super concentrated turkey stock for my freezer. It turned to savoury jello when it cooled it had so much gelatin in it. You know what? Stock. STOCK. STOCK. STOCK.

Get the fuck out of my face with this bullshit. Broth doesn't use bones, stock does. THASSIT.
I'm with you. Bone broth and stock are interchangeable terms. In fact, James Beard says that "broth, stock and bullion are all the same thing." That said, not all stocks are made with bones. Bone broths specifically would be. In other words, all bone broths are stocks. Not all stocks are bone broths.

I assume that Swanson Chicken Broth and Swanson Chicken Bone Broth both are made with bones, but if you look at the ingredients, the "bone broth" version has a slightly different complement of vegetables that it was made with. When I'm shopping for broths at the store, I just see the "bone broth" label on the box as just another variety of ingredients, and choose accordingly.

But I totally understand the aversion to the reverence that modern food hipsters place on the term. It's like "avocado toast"--it's just fucking guacamole, yo. ;)

Reactions
24 41 0
I blame the snake oil salesmen for Bone Broth. You know there was no way they were going to be able to sell Americans on buying Swanson chicken broth and drinking it straight as a revolutionary diet, but with Bone Broth, it was a cinch.

Reactions
2,454 703 25
And to think it was snow & ice Gas was scared of. Don't forget to take pictures after turning his new house into a slippy slidy obstacle course.
It will be the Dawn of a new day.

Also I know the term "ferretorium" was suggested, but I would like to also suggest "dook nook" for consideration.

--Patrick

Reactions
1,233 539 31
I've always thought bone broth and stock were synonymous and I've ever heard anyone say they weren't meant to be until now.

Avocado toast is not guacamole though. The avocados are sliced and placed on the toast, guacamole is mashed up avocado.

Reactions
592 281 0
I'm overall exhausted. Besides my usual shit, the last week my work has been preparing for a major audit tomorrow including making everyone come in this last Sunday to do a deep clean of the entire facility. I'm ready for this week to be done and it's only started.

Last edited:
Reactions
24 41 0
I'm overall exhausted. Besides my usual shit, the last week my work has been preparing for a major audit tomorrow including making everyone come in this last Sunday to do a deep clean of the entire facility. I ready for this week to be done and it's only started.
Inspection/Audit/Inventory weeks are always the worst. When you do get to the end of the week, treat yourself a little - even if it's just like, getting yourself a donut or something.

Reactions
592 281 0
I'm overall exhausted. Besides my usual shit, the last week my work has been preparing for a major audit tomorrow including making everyone come in this last Sunday to do a deep clean of the entire facility. I'm ready for this week to be done and it's only started.
"Oh hey, you know how we said that the audit was on Tuesday? Our bad, we meant 'for the rest of the week'. Now here's thirty more last minute items we need you to get done right now."
. . . yay . . .

I've got a smoke detector that's been going off randomly throughout the day. It's driving me up a wall. We replaced the battery, we've felt around the area for heat sources, we've tried smelling for smoke or hot electronics, we've turned off lights and electronics in the area, and now I've swapped it physically with the one upstairs. Both of them test appropriately. Neither of them is more than 3 years old. The batteries are current as of today. It's a FirstAlert stand-alone model (not hard-wired with battery backup), and each time that the alarm sounded it also turned off on its own. I really, really hope that it goes off again now that I've moved it, so I can feel more secure in my belief that it's simply a dying smoke alarm, and not that there's something wrong with the electrical system in my basement.

Reactions
2,454 703 25
This discussion reminds me that I haven't seen a TV commercial (or even a preroll ad) for smoke detectors for a long time. I wonder if they're still like, "See this sleeping family? See the smoke coming around the corner? If they didn't have this smoke detector, they would <HVYMTLVOIC>DIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!</HVYMTLVOIC>"

--Patrick