[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

Dave

Staff member
Wow. I just realized I hadn't read a PvP strip in almost a year now. I looked at the archives and I'll be damned if I can remember where I left off.

This current storyarc is weird. Max wants to go back do doing hijinks like they used to such as breaking into offices and staying in haunted arcades.

Except...max didn't stay in the arcade and everyone was breaking into his office. Because they used to be competition.

Yeah you'd think it'd be Cole or especially Francis to instigate it, I'd like to think Max feels that as their former competition he missed out on that stage.

Honestly the latest comics aren't bad, especially since he's strayed from *shutter* silhouettes.

It's still pretty good, and he finally updates it regularly. There's also another strip he does called Table Titans which is actually well done.
No, THIS is Well Dunn!

[DOUBLEPOST=1457994285,1457994148][/DOUBLEPOST]Also: Oh right, PvP is still a thing. Well, that's nice. I can't remember the last time I even looked at the site.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, the millionaire's softball league was funny. Like really funny. God damn it.[DOUBLEPOST=1457994462,1457994398][/DOUBLEPOST]But why is Jade in the office after she quit?

figmentPez

Staff member
Because PvP has great continuity! Just like the recent strips where in one the punchline was about wearing gloves during a burglary, and in the very next strip neither character is wearing gloves while touching things.

Dave

Staff member
Because PvP has great continuity! Just like the recent strips where in one the punchline was about wearing gloves during a burglary, and in the very next strip neither character is wearing gloves while touching things.
Neither were EVER wearing gloves.[DOUBLEPOST=1458239824,1458239778][/DOUBLEPOST]But why did they not see or hear the dog before? They hear the ex come home and call for the dog, yet wouldn't that mean that the dog was running loose already?

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, the gloves thing, it might only be an issue for Max, as it being Lucille's ex's house, one might suppose she used to live there, and her fingerprints are already all over the place.

But then I might just be giving Kurtz a little too much credit there.

Well, the gloves thing, it might only be an issue for Max, as it being Lucille's ex's house, one might suppose she used to live there, and her fingerprints are already all over the place.

But then I might just be giving Kurtz a little too much credit there.
Took the sentences right out of my mouth.
...and the one about how the dog might already recognize her and so not make a big deal.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Took the sentences right out of my mouth.
...and the one about how the dog might already recognize her and so not make a big deal.

--Patrick
I can tell you, a dog makes a big deal about a friendly scent returning home, be it for an absence of an hour or a year.

Wow. I just realized I hadn't read a PvP strip in almost a year now. I looked at the archives and I'll be damned if I can remember where I left off.

Wow, I haven't read this this in ages either. Max is gay?!?!?

And God, Kurtz still calls it a Mini Coop! NO ONE CALLS IT THAT!!! MINI COOPER, YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Dave

Staff member
Max Powers is not only gay but he's a really good guy and is their friend now. No more MAX POWERS!!!! memes. Hell, even the giant panda mellowed out.

Dave

Staff member
Oh god why did you bump this thread?!? Why did I go back? The current storyline is SO FUCKING STUPID!

I saw that tumblr post. Didn't think it worth posting here as it felt a bit like piling on. :)

I've noticed Kurtz has some kind of drama with just about everyone he works with. It's actually funny - big picture wise - because none of these spats he has with other webcomic artists really matter to anyone (and are quite silly) outside this small circle. Big fish in little pond syndrome. I remember the back and forth shit fest between him and Tim Buckley. It was hilarious to see these huge egos over mediocre comic strips and pop culture.

I mean, I see this kind of shit between professors too, and while their work may be off-beaten and obscure to the layman, at least it has more relevance to the progression of an actual field than a dopey webcomic does on art itself. I guess Kurtz seems to think he's Picasso?

Dave

Staff member
Seriously, how can you be a dick to WW? He's such a likable guy! Everyone I've talked to that has met him think he's a really cool dude. And everyone I've talked to that's had an extended relationship with Scott has had some drama. I'm starting to think it's him.

Seriously, how can you be a dick to WW? He's such a likable guy! Everyone I've talked to that has met him think he's a really cool dude. And everyone I've talked to that's had an extended relationship with Scott has had some drama. I'm starting to think it's him.
One of my favorite things was WW geeking out over the Wreck It Ralph and Vanellope cosplays I did for my kids a few years ago. It basically made my whole day.

Wil Wheaton wanted to stay and play Magic/drink bourbon with my friends and I at Dragon*Con once, but Felicia Day made him leave to go to a party. Apparently at cons he's a total hermit and sleeps a lot.

AFAIK he hasn't really had a spat with the PA guys? Though I don't know if he still works in or around their offices or not.... There used to be quite a bit of talk about one another and that's sure quieted down a lot.