not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not Valentines Day. Stop saying that it is!

It's "I LOVE NOVA SCOTIA DAY!"

Yeah that's right, you all need to shower your local Nova Scotians (HCGLNS and DarkAngel) with praise, gifts and foodstuffs!

Hurry up now, start by sending some craft brew, Scotch and butter tarts this way!

M

makare

No no you need to say

"They're not even a real province anywaaaay"
then it is ironic.

I'm just saying, don't work against yourself, dude. You've got your good points - make the most of them, and just remind yourself, if a girl isn't into you, that's her loss. But be the best you possible.

I guess I'm just a little disappointed because this girl was cute AND nerdy, so I was really hoping it would work out. But once again, I was a victim of my own Nice Guy Syndrome. And I don't mean to be clingy or overbearing, but I always end up doing it in some way because of my own insecurities. And I know it's no one else's fault but my own for how things turn out each time. I just need to learn how to grow some self-confidence.

You can still be a nice guy - just don't be a clingy, insecure, needy nice guy. Girls like nice guys - they just like nice guys with confidence who seem unlikely to either stalk them or cry. And you know, it's great that she's cute, and nerdy - but did you two have chemistry? Did you really click with each other? That's what matters.

Back to the ranting people

My car has had a small coolant leak for the last 2 or 3 months. Nothing major, just a few drops while running. I used to just top it up once a month and it was fine (my model of car is notorious using lots of coolant anyway, so I was already checking it monthly, just needed to add a tiny bit more) . Driving home today, temp warning starts beeping at me. Get home and top it up, only to see it pissing down the front of the block and belts. After it cooled down the leak stopped, but as soon as the cap is off and more water added, bang starts leaking again. Checked all the seals and obvious things. If it is still pissing out tommorw I 'm going to take it to a mechanic. Best case scenario = water pump, $150 to fix. worst= cracked gasket/ head/ block. $500+ for parts and labour on top.

The worst part is I was going to sell it and buy a new one in the next 2 months :(

J

Jiarn

Went in to replace my brake pads, budgeting around $200.

Total real cost after new brake pads, new rotors, work done on the back cylinders, and working on the shake on my steering wheel?

$550

-ugh-

Went in to replace my brake pads, budgeting around $200.

Total real cost after new brake pads, new rotors, work done on the back cylinders, and working on the shake on my steering wheel?

$550

-ugh-
Next time you visit Michigan stop by my place for a lesson on how to change your pads and rotors (and cyclinders if you want...). It's easy and cheap...

J

Jiarn

Might take you up on that sometime, but with the fact that I'm driving 8hrs probably 1-2x a month, I really needed it taken care of, wanted to make sure I was getting brand-new parts and getting insurance on the work.

Oh yeah, my brakes are getting a little bit worn too. They will probably need replacing soon too. Somehow I'm thinking this trip to the mechanics will cost me more than the car is worth :(

I'll take you up on that.
You're only 3.5 million meters from me ( http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Paradise,NL,Canada&daddr=Ypsilanti,MI ), but it'd cost more than $450 in gas each way, especially with Canada's expensive gas.

So here's what we do. You set up your computer and webcam outside near your car, and we'll use skype video calling and I'll tell you what to do. (Now that I think about it, this is a perfect use for Apple's facetime feature...) This way I can see what you see and give you better advice.

But if you still want to visit, I won't stop you. Make sure your passport is up to date!

I was going to say that you might have difficulty helping me, given the differences in vehicles (mine being right hand drive and all), then remembered, when it comes down to it....I'm driving a buick.

I was going to say that you might have difficulty helping me, given the differences in vehicles (mine being right hand drive and all), then remembered, when it comes down to it....I'm driving a buick.
Eh, the brakes don't care. The drums and rotors are exactly the same regardless of driving side.

I am not the most mechanically-inclined individual, but I had to facepalm when my dad showed me how to change the pads on my Buick.

Right before it got towed. *headwheel*

You're only 3.5 million meters from me ( http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Paradise,NL,Canada&daddr=Ypsilanti,MI ), but it'd cost more than $450 in gas each way, especially with Canada's expensive gas.

So here's what we do. You set up your computer and webcam outside near your car, and we'll use skype video calling and I'll tell you what to do. (Now that I think about it, this is a perfect use for Apple's facetime feature...) This way I can see what you see and give you better advice.

But if you still want to visit, I won't stop you. Make sure your passport is up to date!
lol. I swear to God I will travel outside of my province at some point in my life!

That web cam thing may work, actually...but after the snow as melted and I can actually get work done.

figmentPez

Staff member
I thought I was over this, but it still stings. A week or more ago I got my allergy test results back, I think I mentioned it in this thread. Anyway, on the list was olives, including olive oil. It wasn't until yesterday that it dawned on me that I use olive oil soap, and have for the last 5 or 10 years. I'd been carefully going over my diet and realizing that I probably can't eat out anywhere (not when I'm allergic to beet sugar, MSG and tomatoes, among others) but I didn't even think about toiletries. Which reminds me, I need to check my deodorant against the full list, which includes polysyllabic chemicals I can't seem to remember.

In the end, there's little harm done, what's another week, but I feel so stupid for not thinking of it.

Mah jaw hurts. Finally got enough cash in my hsa saved up to pay for all the dental work I need. Got a mold for a permanent crown done today, plus 2 fillings done. In 2 weeks I get another filling done, the permanent crown put in, and fitted for another crown. Suppose it could be a minor victory that 10 years worth of dental work is finally getting done. Dentists are no fun tho.

So, i've been doing Boxing and Thai Boxing since last September... It goes well, i'm getting confortable and i lost a shit load of pounds in the process.

All good. Yeah, my job has been pissing me off lately so i'm in the process of finding a new one. I've got a very important interview later today about a job that i'd like to get.

Guess who got a blackeye yesterday because of an overzealous new sparring partner...

fuck

When they ask, use it as a chance to talk about your boxing hobby and how you use it to increase your fitness, self-discipline, yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.