not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

If I were suddenly allergic to tomatos i'd probably cry. my stupid body has already taken away salmon tomato would be too much.

M

makare

No way man I am the opposite. I love marinara but it is nothing to a ripe tomato right of the vine still warm from the sun. Mmm I've been drinking tomato juice for weeks now because it is the closest I can get to that taste. Still not even close.

You guys can keep your veggies raw is you want. To be honest, I try to eat things that eat veggies, trickle down nutrition.

M

makare

I frickin love raw veggies! But my fridge hates them. I went to get some cucumber out the other day and it had rotted. I had just bought the damn thing a couple days before. It was so rotten it was liquid which of course I didnt know when I went to pull it out and spilled rotten cucumber all over my floor and carpet. Gag.

I'm down to just one week left of break before my new semester starts (right on valentine's day. Whoever decides on the schedule must not like v-day very much.) and I still haven't accomplished much.

I frickin love raw veggies! But my fridge hates them. I went to get some cucumber out the other day and it had rotted. I had just bought the damn thing a couple days before. It was so rotten it was liquid which of course I didnt know when I went to pull it out and spilled rotten cucumber all over my floor and carpet. Gag.
This is what happens to me with any fruit or vegetable item purchased from Winco after about 24 hours.

figmentPez

Staff member
Grr, all the changes Gawker is making to it's blogs are making it take much longer to read Gizmodo, Lifehacker, IO9 and Kotaku. Why do sites seem to want to fix what isn't broken by taking away useful features. It seems that more and more news blogs are taking dates off of posts. Why would you want to hide this useful information?

Someone broke into my sisterscar this evening, breaking out her side window.

The only thing they took was a book bag and MY gym pants.

There was 100.00 worth of CDs and an IPod in the car. WTF, thieves? Did you even look?

I feel bad for my sister. She only has collision insurance, not smash and grab.

At least we know we're looking for someone that can fit in 2XL gym pants. -_-

Sorry, it was me. I'm prone to space-time travel occasionally, but my clothes never make it.

Thanks, btw, for washing them frequently. Some of the clothes I've, er, "borrowed" have not been nearly as pleasant to wear.

For payment, I offer this: Tomorrow, one of the digits in one of the numbers in one of your local lotteries will be a 1. Use this information wisely.

W

Wasabi Poptart

Yay my husband comes home tomorrow!! And he has duty so he can't actually get off of the ship and COME HOME. Fucking Navy.

J

Jiarn

There was 100.00 worth of CDs and an IPod in the car. WTF, thieves? Did you even look?

I feel bad for my sister. She only has collision insurance, not smash and grab.

At least we know we're looking for someone that can fit in 2XL gym pants. -_-
Thieves are weird. Last weekend someone broke into my car. They tossed open the middle storage area, the glove compartment and left.

Things taken: Aux cable for MP3 player. Car charger for phone. Breath mint gum packs x4, chap stick.
Things left behind: Magnum condoms, CD/MP3 radio.

Verdict: Small dicked, bad breathed, petty idiot thieves broke into my car.

M

makare

The dean of our law school teaches our Legal Profession class (ethics) and he is just plain hostile to some students. I don't get it. He is sarcastic and condescending. These are really nice people I just want to go punch him in the face.

That would be a very bad career move >.>

M

makare

I doubt it since the Bar, if it did pass you, would keep you under scrutiny. Why would anyone want that?

Grr, all the changes Gawker is making to it's blogs are making it take much longer to read Gizmodo, Lifehacker, IO9 and Kotaku. Why do sites seem to want to fix what isn't broken by taking away useful features. It seems that more and more news blogs are taking dates off of posts. Why would you want to hide this useful information?
The redesign is fucking atrocious. Whitespace everywhere, terrible navigation, and commenting is even more of an impossibility.

And on mobile devices it's almost unusable.

It's the polar opposite of the engadget redesign, but I guess they had all that AOL money to help them out.

M

makare

Dear every person who does not understand the situations where the first amendment right to free speech is applicable*,

You are a fucking idiot. Shut up, go home, and read a goddamn book on the constitution.

sincerely,
makare on behalf of everyone who DOES know how it applies.

*this, very much, includes people who think that if someone complains about what they say online (forums, blogs etc) or bans them from those places that their right to free speech is being violated**.

**damn, you are an idiot.

Basically the way I've always thought of it, simplified...

You have the right to say what you want, you don't have the right to be heard or listened to. You must also live with the consequences of your words.

M

makare

The part people miss is it is only a violation if the government stops you from speaking. Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech. If it is a forum or a private a property or whatever where the government is not calling the shots, you have no freedom of speech. I don't get why that is such a difficult concept for some people. It really chaps my ass.

The thermometer read -32f this morning, I don't even want to know what the wind chill was. I'm just glad my job involves me sitting on my ass in a nice warm building all day.

My econ prof cancelled class today. So glad I got up at 6AM. Plus since I figured I'd be in a 90-minute class, I decided to run some update on my laptop but it's taking forever and so I can't shut my laptop without, I assume, causing ruination. So I'm sitting in an empty classroom, waiting for some useless update to finish. Agh.

Also my throat has been sore to the point of making it nigh-impossible to speak since Saturday. At least I have tea.

M

makare

The piercing in my right ear had closed up so I had given up on wearing earrings. But today I really wanted to so I just repierced it with an earring. Ow-IE.

but at least I have earrings in.

Listen up body SUCK IT UP! You will do what I want you to do and any complaints or aches and pains will be met with further hostility!

Second rant of the day
I am sick of having to pretend to be happy for someone when what they are doing is making me unhappy. It's starting to wear me down.

You try your best but no matter what, they are curious beasts with an relentless thirst for secrets and knowledge. You shelter and protect them as long as you can, you strive to keep their innocence as pure as Christmas snow. Then in an instance of poor judgment, you open the veil of innocence just a fraction and they pounce on that small fraction of information, tainting that innocence just a little more.

-sigh-

My wife just googled juggalo because I referenced it in a sentence.

J

Jiarn

Still adjusting to only seeing my love 3 out of 4 days a week till May. Even out of those three days I only see her part of the time:

Every other week she drives up here: Gets out of work Friday at 5pm, gets here at 9:30pm. I go to work from Saturday 7am-4:30pm. Then she leaves on Sunday by 5pm. It's very minimal in the time we spend together but worth every minute. When she's not here, we talk on the phone till we fall asleep and wake each other up with good morning calls/texts.

On the weeks that I go down there: Friday I work till 5pm, get there by 9:30pm. Off Saturday and Sunday. Leave Sunday by 5pm. So it's a little better that we get all of Saturday but still just small pieces of time together.

Using Facebook, text and calls to get us through to May....

Ugh I spent all weekend sick in bed with a sore throat and super congested head. I am feeling a little better today but for the most part I still feel like crap but sadly I can't take the day off from work cause I don't have any sick leave left.

I got ahead on my schoolwork so I could have tonight off in the off chance I got a date.

Looks like I've broken even.

Status
Not open for further replies.