not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Grrrrrhhh...

I'm seriously starting to suspect that the GM in our weekly WoD (Changeling: The Lost, to be specific) gaming group has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to my character. Last time my character and another ran into a car bomb. They both get seriously burnt - the other guy's character is healed for free by an ally; mine is scarred and loses so many fingers he now has the One-Arm flaw.

Today, then, the GM burdens me with a magic cup that makes my character a raging alcoholic AND hooks me up with an Addiction flaw, just when I got rid off one :( I know I'm probably paranoid, but the way he keeps stacking shit on my character feels like he's treating me as the group's butt monkey. Gah!

Grrrrrhhh...

I'm seriously starting to suspect that the GM in our weekly WoD (Changeling: The Lost, to be specific) gaming group has a chip on his shoulder when it comes to my character. Last time my character and another ran into a car bomb. They both get seriously burnt - the other guy's character is healed for free by an ally; mine is scarred and loses so many fingers he now has the One-Arm flaw.

Today, then, the GM burdens me with a magic cup that makes my character a raging alcoholic AND hooks me up with an Addiction flaw, just when I got rid off one :( I know I'm probably paranoid, but the way he keeps stacking shit on my character feels like he's treating me as the group's butt monkey. Gah!
Time to visit the Goblin Market and get some work done...

Two days of no pay, stomach hates me, can't eat.

Next time I wake up on a weekday morning and don't feel like going to work, I must think of these past two days.

Also, next time I miss my disease-bag little cousins and want to go visit, I must think of these past two days.

I often use Yelp to gauge the quality of a restaurant before I eat there. Lately, it seems like there's been a total influx of food snobs and wannabe critics. Every place I see has a couple reviewers that tear it apart.

Friggin foodie wannabes!

I've actually seen that myself the last couple weeks. There's a bar here in town that has Taco Tuesdays, where you can get 4 tacos for 2 bucks with the purchase of a drink.

And I saw people criticizing the tacos.

THEY ARE 50 CENTS EACH.

They weren't the greatest tacos I'd ever had but goddamn! I got a pint of domestic, 8 tacos and left a tip with 10 bucks.

The other day, someone was criticizing a new Taco Place that just opened. It is a high end type place that uses shredded beef/chicken/pork or Grilled/Fried Tilapia. She said that the seasoning is not right. I told her to give it some time, I think the new cook will figure that out. Then she said that she would rather eat Taco Bell...

I was a bit surprised by that choice since it costs the same, and at least you know what you are eating at the new place. Then when we got back to the office I found the news about Taco Bell not even selling real meat, and forwarded the article...

I love my city but there is no place to get a great taco, that I've found. Lotta reasonable tacos, but nothing to write home home about.

J

Jiarn

Yeah I live in South Texas. Our real taco to fake taco ratio is fantastic. -grin-

North_Ranger

Staff member
Time to visit the Goblin Market and get some work done...
I was thinking about that, too... For instance selling that cursed cup. But I have to admit, part of me is afraid that the GM is just planning to use that to screw me up even further. *sighs* I don't mind adversities... what I do mind when the GM uses my character as a goddamn whipping boy.

I was about to say that showing up for sessions drunk is a quick way to end a group, but my longest running gaming group actually started on St. Patrick's day 2009.

I DMed a group of 4 new players and 2 novices after drinking for 14 hours, continuing for 4 more.

I was thinking about that, too... For instance selling that cursed cup. But I have to admit, part of me is afraid that the GM is just planning to use that to screw me up even further. *sighs* I don't mind adversities... what I do mind when the GM uses my character as a goddamn whipping boy.
No no... what you need to do is sell away your ability to get drunk. The cup might not sell, but the ability to be intoxicated? Someone is definitely going to want that.

North_Ranger

Staff member
No no... what you need to do is sell away your ability to get drunk. The cup might not sell, but the ability to be intoxicated? Someone is definitely going to want that.
Hmm... an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it would be thematically okay. The character I'm playing is, as mentioned, of the Spring Court so selling away an ability to enjoy one facet of life seems like giving away your thunder.

Also it doesn't help that my character is a barkeep :p

Hmm... an interesting idea, but I'm not sure if it would be thematically okay. The character I'm playing is, as mentioned, of the Spring Court so selling away an ability to enjoy one facet of life seems like giving away your thunder.

Also it doesn't help that my character is a barkeep :p
Perhaps, but giving away one facet of your life in order to enhance the rest of it seems perfectly in line. You'd be able to savor and enjoy alcohol longer and better than you ever could before, without the intoxication causing you to forget such luxuries in the morning. In other words, you'd be trading the ignorant bliss of an alcoholic for the chance to achieve the fulfilling enlightenment of a gourmand!

Went to put my contacts in this morning and the blasted lens folded up and went under my eye lid. Hurt like the dickens until I was able to get it out.

M

makare

Went to put my contacts in this morning and the blasted lens folded up and went under my eye lid. Hurt like the dickens until I was able to get it out.
I hate that! It is also weird having something lost in my eye.

My mini rant is this chick who came to speak at our class today gave me the creeps. She was all skinny and spindly. She was like a cross between Audrey from Little Shop of Horrors, Spiker from James and Giant Peach and the Mouth of Sauron (because she had this really bizarre wide mouth). I am going to have nightmares about that lady.

She was very nice though.

Oh man that is the worst thing. It just puts you in a bad mood for the rest of your morning ritual doesn't it?

I'm bored, lonely and kinda horny.

A week with the house to myself, and not much work or school to speak of, should not be this tedious.

AND my fucking phone stopped working!

Ugh I started feeling sick yesterday for no apparent reason. I woke up feeling fine and as the day progressed my stomach started hurting. I figured it was becuase I hadn't eaten anything that day so I grabbed some lunch and boy was that a mistake. After eating my stomach just kept getting worse and worse went. I spent last night resting so I could make it to work today and luckily i did but my stomach is still mad at me and I have been having egg burps even though I haven't eaten any eggs for ages. In fact I haven't eaten anything since yesterday. I just got over being sick a week or so ago and I really don't want to be sick again.

Status
Not open for further replies.