Export thread

not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Limit: 500

phil

phil

A New Not-So-Serious-Rant-Yet-Ranty-Nonetheless Thread

So today I lost an awesome story. Thanks for nothing, Dave. :mad:

Dave said:
Okay, this thread has hit the 2000 response mark and is slated for a lock-a-rooni. But before I do I have a confession:

The peeing on the cat story? Totally fake. Makare asked me to make a thread because the real rant thread was really, really serious and she wanted to rant but didn't want to look like a yutz. So I made up a story about peeing on the cat to start the thread.

Never say I don't give you anything.

phil

phil

WHAT THE HELL DAVE?

YOU DIDN'T PEE ON THE CAT?!?

WTF?

I bet your name isn't even turbo!

---------- Post added 08-12-2010 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 08-11-2010 at 11:58 PM ----------

and to get things going, I'll say that I hate applying for jobs and filling out applications.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

MERE SECONDS AGH CURSE YOU

(High five on having the same rant, though.)

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The Not-So-Serious Rant Thread 2: Of Mice And "Meh"

Dave is a liar and a pooty head. :humph:

phil

phil

you should rant that I beat you to the punch!

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

but like in yours

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

who merged these and put chad on top? THEM HALBUCKS WAS MINE!

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

My post is on top, but it's your name? The whonowwhatsit?

(Also whoever put me on top has great taste.)

phil

phil

SHAZAM!

Dave

Dave

Chad's went on top because when you did your edit it changed the time stamp so that his appeared first.

I changed his post to look like it came from you so that you get credit for the thread views and replies. I'm giving Cheesy and Chad 1,500 HB each to make up for lost posts from the threads they ALMOST started!

phil

phil

Mr. Sexington is a gentleman and prefers to be on top.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I am rich! Deleted threads are worth 150X the value of a new thread! I WILL USE THIS VIRTUAL MONEY TO BUY VIRTUAL THINGS FOR VIRTUAL REPRESENTATIONS OF REAL PEOPLE.

I promise, as deposed thread starter, I will carry this responsibility with the kind of mature, reasonable attitude you've come to expect from your ex-representatives on the Internet; which is to say that my best cat urination story will turn out to be false but I'll let you live under a happy illusion for like 59 pages.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Damn, well new rant: People are too damned fast!

And Dave gave me Halbucks, so he's slightly less of a pooty head. :p

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Mr. Sexington is a gentleman and prefers to be on top.[/QUOTE]
:unibrow:

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

And Dave gave me Halbucks, so he's slightly less of a pooty head. :p
Wait, was he bribing us into silence? He's not just a pooty head, he's a corrupt pooty head!

phil

phil

From halbucks FAQ

Reply - If someone replies in a thread YOU made, you get 5 HB. The more popular the thread, the better off you are.

This thread is my retirement baby. Soon I can move to a smaller, quiet little forum and just watch the grass grow with an e-brew and e-cigars.

Dave

Dave

If you guys really want I can go piss on my cat.

If it'll make you happy.

phil

phil

pics or it never happened

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

We had heard that about you.

BOOSH!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

:awesome:

Dave

Dave

Closer....closer....

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

And remind me never to google "wet cat" at work again.

Element 117

ok. You want a rant? Fuck you gotta rant, bitchcicles. Yes, I said Bitch-cicles. I may have just shot and killed a police officer.

What? If the pee rant was fake.....

Wasabi Poptart

Dave - I don't think I will ever be able to trust you again.

Hylian

Hylian

Dave you have shattered the fragile illusion of trust I had in humanity :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If you guys really want I can go piss on my cat.

If it'll make you happy.
Because of your restrictions, I am unable to pos-rep you again so soon.

Krisken

Krisken

The inlaws have their t.v. super loud, shaking the floor and making it hard to listen to our music on another floor. I've always been the type to keep my music/tv/movies, etc. at a reasonable level to not interfere with what others in a household are doing. It's just something I've always found to be common sense.

Ah well. I remember the last time a neighbor played their music really loud, I played Diablo 2 with the big speaker aimed at the floor. Stopped that pretty quick. Not sure it would work here. :whistling:

Cajungal

Cajungal

The internet at my apartment is terrible.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I still have faith in Dave.

I also miss Amy. Not because she's not here, but because I haven't been.

See, it's the little rants that make people scratch their heads and go... wait, what is he trying to say here...

makare

A New Not-So-Serious-Rant-Yet-Ranty-Nonetheless Thread

So today I lost an awesome story. Thanks for nothing, Dave. :mad:

Dave said:
Okay, this thread has hit the 2000 response mark and is slated for a lock-a-rooni. But before I do I have a confession:

The peeing on the cat story? Totally fake. makare asked me to make a thread because the real rant thread was really, really serious and she wanted to rant but didn't want to look like a yutz. So I made up a story about peeing on the cat to start the thread.

Never say I don't give you anything.
see i told you im his favorite ^.^

Null

Null

Everyone is somebody's favorite.

Element 117

Everyone is somebody's favorite.
You realize every time you post now I hear it in this voice:

Null

Null

I sound more like Fred Savage than Ralph Wright, I think. Skype me and see for yourself.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks for noticing me.

Element 117

Thanks for noticing me.
Thread: Won. Heart: Won. Internet:Won.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

New rant. I don't have access to the "You bug the fuck out of me" apparently. I suppose I could figure out why, I'm just not prepared to at this moment.

Krisken

Krisken

You have to buy the Flame Wars forum access from the Hal Shoppe. Then you'll see it.

Hylian

Hylian

Always read the expiration date on your mayo before using it. I apparently don't use mayo that often cause I went to make a tuna fish sandwich last night and after I ate it my stomach started killing me. I check the mayo jar and find out it 2 months ago :doh: my stomach is still a little queasy today

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

New new rant. .Amy. ignored my post. Not that I expected different. She's always been one to abuse/love and leave. :p

Element 117

New new rant. .Amy. ignored my post. Not that I expected different. She's always been one to abuse/love and leave. :p

Besides, I drew Krisken's name out of the hat today. Wait your turn.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I discovered that I can't get residency in Texas A&M unless I live there for a year and work in a job that's not school related. And I didn't know about the waiver site until today because it wasn't listed on the history department's website. Of course I should have an assistantship pretty soon and that'll make it moot, but I'm still annoyed because I might have spent money I didn't need to spend.

Baerdog

Baerdog

As I'm packing for LA, I wish I had another one of these to put in my this.

Krisken

Krisken

Nice pack!

phil

phil

I hear if you roll your clothes up they take up much less room.

Element 117

People are Milk.

Exactly the same thing.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Besides, I drew Krisken's name out of the hat today. Wait your turn.[/QUOTE]

You always know just how to strike my heart making me feel all:

A) warm and fuzzy

B) cold and horny.

Only we know the answer.

Element 117

Baerdog

Baerdog

Nice pack!
I love it so much. It's amazing how much stuff you can fit in it.
I hear if you roll your clothes up they take up much less room.
Yes, that's correct.

makare

Nice package!
I knew it.

Krisken

Krisken

Nice package!
I knew it.[/QUOTE]
:mad:

makare

you love me >.>

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Hey, guys, guess who can't let go this non-relationship he's got with this girl.

phil

phil

this...guy?

man, I know it sucks, but you just have to give it some time and it'll get better.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Somehow, I just spilled my ENTIRE freshly brewed, still bubbling, coffee on my feet. I don't think I have ever cursed so loudly in my life.
And my roommates failed to rescue my aloe in the move, so I've got nothing for burns.

Element 117

Somehow, I just spilled my ENTIRE freshly brewed, still bubbling, coffee on my feet. I don't think I have ever cursed so loudly in my life.
And my roommates failed to rescue my aloe in the move, so I've got nothing for burns.
Call your roommates and have them fetch some. I suppose we could airlift you a box, but.... it might arrive a bit late

Espy

Espy

Miss a night on the forum and I come back to find that Dave pissed on a cat and Amys abusing people or something.

Everything is right in the world.

Element 117

I am not abusing people! Kriskens are not legally defined as a "person!" just mellow and uncomplicated!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I got pulled over by a cop today for my inspection being ~a week out of date. At least I wasn't speeding, and the fine will be only $20 when I submit my proof of inspection-sticker.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Apparently we had a terrible storm last night, so of course that means I awakened to a house with no power.

And it stayed that way until about one o'clock.

Vagabond

V.Bond

I had to drive somewhere right quick like, and none of the traffic lights I encountered were working.

Krisken

Krisken

I am not abusing people! Kriskens are not legally defined as a "person!" just mellow and uncomplicated!
Moment of weakness, I assure you. I'm back to my stoic, don't take Amy serious self.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I have a trick knee. I've had it since I was 3 when my brother threw me off of a toy chest and dislocated my shoulder, knee, and hip. It occasionally just goes out, and if I didn't have good reflexes, I'd just flop right down on the floor (and, in fact, I used to before I got good reflexes). On our last vacation day in Ireland, Calli and I went to the Cliff's of Moher, and we climbed a bajillion steps up the cliff, and then climbed up more steps at O'Brien's Tower up top. That was after spending the day before walking around a bunch of ruins and Dunguaire castle. So, by the time we were ready to come down from the cliffs, my knee was totally shot and I was limping and taking tiny shuffle steps like an 80 year old man.

Fast forward to today. I have a new student in the kung fu class.. A 25 year old dude who's fairly ripped because he does heavy lifting for a living. I sparred him this afternoon, and after choking him out, I realized that my knee wasn't ready for prime time yet. Here's me, shuffling around the house like an 80 year old. I'd feel old and worn out if it weren't for the fact that my knee's been fucked my entire life. Heh

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Big frickin' exam coming up in the morning... and I find myself too wound up to get any sleep.

Perkele...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hm. That's strange...

Got an email from someone from my past. A former roleplayin' friend, a Southern gal I had a long-distance relationship once. I was pretty much an ass; we ended up fighting a lot and breaking up due to the problem of being on opposite sides of the Atlantic. I dropped out of radar about a year ago, feeling stressed out and anxiety-ridden about my thesis. Haven't heard from her in ages... and now she writes, asking if I still remember her.

Well, best man up to my past stupidity and see if she's mad at me. Wish me luck.

phil

phil

Don't do it, bro. Let it be and just be nice, of you talk to her at all.

Krisken

Krisken

Don't do it, bro. Let it be and just be nice, of you talk to her at all.
Not sure how you took his comment, but seemed like he was going to go into it with a "Er, yeah, I remember ya. Sorry I was a d-bag and all. Hope things are working out for ya..." kinda conversation.

Element 117

Moment of weakness, I assure you. I'm back to my stoic, don't take Amy serious self.[/QUOTE]

It was very edutaining.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Sweat money. People keeping cash outside their wallet/purse on hot days hand me soggy, smelly bills and it's fucking gross.

Element 117

Sweat money. People keeping cash outside their wallet/purse on hot days hand me soggy, smelly bills and it's fucking gross.

is your bestest friend.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Oh believe me, I wash my hands constantly. It's still nasty, though.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

This is just what I have found personally, and from others I know, but often when an ex contacts you out of the blue they have likely just been dumped/got out of a relationship and are feeling lonely. This is when they go through their old black book and see what's there for temporarily filling the gap between their old relationship and their new one.

Not saying it is like that in this case, but if you do contact her, do it with some caution.
Caution is my middle name. Or was it Tapio? Not sure...

Anyways, there are a couple of kinks as to why I don't think this is a rebound matter:
1.) She lives in the States, I in Finland.
2.) I was, as Krisken put it, kind of "a d-bag" disappearin' the way I did, so I don't think I'd even make that rebound list.

Besides, I am dating these days. I contacted her last night in the hopes of salvaging a friendship, not cheat on my girlfriend.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

so i was talking to a friend of mine who is in a relationship that is kinda breaking down (when the parents refuse to ahve dinner with the girl, and you go out to the pub and ditch ehr to drink with the boys cause she is annoying something is wrong) and kinda said somethign about a bet a few of our friends ahve on when they will break up, the response I recieved was worded in a way that he normally owuldnt speak. I think the girl may be using his phone. Instantly went into damage control, think I managed to cover everything up as a in joke us boys have. Now lets just hope she doesnt go psycho...

Dave

Dave

so i was talking to a friend of mine who is in a relationship that is kinda breaking down (when the parents refuse to ahve dinner with the girl, and you go out to the pub and ditch ehr to drink with the boys cause she is annoying something is wrong) and kinda said somethign about a bet a few of our friends ahve on when they will break up, the response I recieved was worded in a way that he normally owuldnt speak. I think the girl may be using his phone. Instantly went into damage control, think I managed to cover everything up as a in joke us boys have. Now lets just hope she doesnt go psycho...
Texts are evil and last forever.

phil

phil

I need to step things up a bit and really get this job hunt moving quicker. I think if I set a goal of at least 10 job apps a day for a while I'll at least feel better about the whole thing. I also need to start going to bed and waking up earlier.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I need to step things up a bit and really get this job hunt moving quicker. I think if I set a goal of at least 10 job apps a day for a while I'll at least feel better about the whole thing. I also need to start going to bed and waking up earlier.
I've had luck with office temp agencies around here.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I need to learn to stop reading the comment sections of news articles. Everytime I do, I feel as if I'm one step closer to being that guy who would press the little red "nuke" button in a heartbeat if he was given the chance.

Krisken

Krisken

I need to learn to stop reading the comment sections of news articles. Everytime I do, I feel as if I'm one step closer to being that guy who would press the little red "nuke" button in a heartbeat if he was given the chance.
They always make me feel a little dirty.

figmentPez

figmentPez

ARGH! I'm on a really restricted diet (doctor's orders) and my mom is baking a cake for the neighbors! The whole house smells wonderful, and there's nothing I can eat to even come close to satisfying the carb cravings I've had for weeks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So that guy in my complex who asked if I have a boyfriend--I'd recently learned that he lives alone and was planning to share some of my big-pot meals with him since I always make too much food and he seems to be your typical frozen food-eating bachelor. Now I don't want to because of the mixed signals that it would most definitely send. Too bad. I really miss cooking for people and was hoping to kind of reach out to a neighbor. O well, maybe the girls next door would like some rice and beans...

phil

phil

You could always bake him a "just friends" cake.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

There is a broken system at my office, it has beeped twice every 15 seconds, all freaking day.

I don't think it will be fixed for another 2-3 days.

/pulls hair out by the roots.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, he'd hate that. I don't make very good cake.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

grats on breaking 8,000 posts CG, I guess.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:confused: Jeeeeesus.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

It isn't over 9000.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

:confused: Jeeeeesus.
You may call me Six.

Gusto

Gusto

With a :hm: face on top.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

There is wedding happening at my house tomorrow. I don't know 58 of the 60 people coming to the wedding, and I have to bartend but all I know about alcohol is that I like it. So that's kind of weird, to have a house full of people I've never met.

Also to prepare for the wedding I have to mow the lawn. Also it is raining. Sooooooooooooooooo :hm:

Element 117

I just want to make/find Irish oatmeal.

but first I need to wait around for the adjuster to arrive to asess the smoke damage to my kitchen.

Also, I need to buy fire resistant cooking aprons...

Gusto

Gusto

Yikes.

Element 117

Yes, I also learned that that was not actually Irish oatmeal.

Gusto

Gusto

See now in my mind, "Irish oatmeal" is slang for some kind of homebrew plastic explosive.

Element 117

Think Irish Coffee type approach.

yeeeah.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

yeeeah or /shades YEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Gusto

Gusto

I repeat.

Yikes.

makare

So I was sitting in the booth tonight after dark and these mayflies started gathering around the window outside. I thought "huh that's a lot of mayflies" but I didnt think too much off it. But then more and more and more mayflies came. I thought I better get a picture of this so I took this

Suddenly there were mayflies EVERYWHERE. all over the booth, all over the ground in front of the booth, the flag pole, the flags, the lights everything including me. It was horrific. I stood across the road and texted stacey the chick i work with, "holy shit mayflies!". so she came up to the booth thinking I was a moron but even she wasa pretty freaked out so she called our boss Erik and told him we were closing down the booth. Which we did then skedaddled.

Later Erik came to the campground so we went to the office to talk to him. I asked him, since he drove by the booth, if he had seen the mayflies and he said, "you know when stacey called and said you were closing the booth because of mayflies I thought, uh huh whatever, I should have known after working with you all summer that neither of you is full of shit. Seriously, is that supposed to happen? Isnt that like one of the signs of the apocalypse should we be praying or something?"

We had a good laugh. But Im so glad he got to see the one foot by three foot CLOT of mayflies that had gathered on the booth shelf because if he hadnt he wouldnt have believed it.

I still have the heebie jeebies from having all those bugs on me. blech

General Specific

General Specific

And you can't get rid of that feeling, those flies climbing all over you, flying around, landing on your arm...

:p

*flees Markare's wrath*

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The mayflies were all, "ORGY ON MAKARE!!!!" :biggrin:

makare

And you can't get rid of that feeling, those flies climbing all over you, flying around, landing on your arm...

*flees Markare's wrath*
lets see you capitalized my name AND called me MaRkare.... yeah that is wrath city.

figmentPez

figmentPez

lets see you capitalized my name AND called me MaRkare.... yeah that is wrath city.
You mean I'm not the only one who is particular about the capitalization of their screen name?

Rob King

Rob King

This is just what I have found personally, and from others I know, but often when an ex contacts you out of the blue they have likely just been dumped/got out of a relationship and are feeling lonely. This is when they go through their old black book and see what's there for temporarily filling the gap between their old relationship and their new one.
This happened to me once. Or ... several times. But the one I'm thinking about was actually kind of awesome because she called me out of the blue one day from Qatar!

tegid

tegid

I was supposed to go hiking today to the mountains north from here. I really wanted to do it, so I got up at 6:30 in the morning with only 3 hours of sleep, and happy nonetheless. Half an hour later I got a text message saying the people I had to go with weren't coming (why, I don't know. I suspect it's because they went to bed late JUST LIKE ME) and there were only 2 people left, me and the guy texting me: we better leave it for some other day, because it's raining. Uh... Hello Einstein? We're driving an hour and a half to get there, how do you know it's raining there? We already knew that it was going to rain and wanted to go all the same! (Or so I thought...).

So, I got up earlier than on a weekday, bought all kinds of food to bring, etc, all for nothing. And I really wanted to go :(

EDIT: Wow, the main guy who let us down did so because he was partying till late yesterday. He texted saying he wouldn't come at 4:30 in the morning... These people are supposed to be my friends, but I'm seriously angry at them. Despite being very busy, I've spent several hours this week looking for different routes and which one may be better, wather predictions, etc. What an asshole.

Hylian

Hylian

My laptop has been out for repair since July 17th and I keep calling up to see how the repair is going and they keep giving me excuse after excuse why it is taking so long. And to top it off their current estimate for my laptops return is August 24th :(

General Specific

General Specific

*flees Markare's wrath*
lets see you capitalized my name AND called me MaRkare.... yeah that is wrath city.[/QUOTE]

Gah, that's what I get for posting when sleepy. Sorry, Markare! :p Back to fleeing!

*flees*

makare

Im being forced to live in the dorms and my lip is all swollen up.

Im very unhappy.

Krisken

Krisken

Time to make your school pay for their insolence, makare. When you leave cover the room in 2 sided sticky tape.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So I was sitting in the booth tonight after dark and these mayflies started gathering around the window outside. I thought "huh that's a lot of mayflies" but I didnt think too much off it. But then more and more and more mayflies came. I thought I better get a picture of this so I took this

Suddenly there were mayflies EVERYWHERE. all over the booth, all over the ground in front of the booth, the flag pole, the flags, the lights everything including me. It was horrific. I stood across the road and texted stacey the chick i work with, "holy shit mayflies!". so she came up to the booth thinking I was a moron but even she wasa pretty freaked out so she called our boss Erik and told him we were closing down the booth. Which we did then skedaddled.

Later Erik came to the campground so we went to the office to talk to him. I asked him, since he drove by the booth, if he had seen the mayflies and he said, "you know when stacey called and said you were closing the booth because of mayflies I thought, uh huh whatever, I should have known after working with you all summer that neither of you is full of shit. Seriously, is that supposed to happen? Isnt that like one of the signs of the apocalypse should we be praying or something?"

We had a good laugh. But Im so glad he got to see the one foot by three foot CLOT of mayflies that had gathered on the booth shelf because if he hadnt he wouldnt have believed it.

I still have the heebie jeebies from having all those bugs on me. blech
Back home the Mayflies would get like this for a few days every few years. It was great for feeding my gecko, cause they just let you kind of pluck them off of stuff, they don't even care.
I've noticed ladybugs get like that too every few years. Three years ago was really bad.
This year it was Junebugs, but only for one day.

Bugs are weird.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It could be some kind of bug orgy, where the local plants release a chemical that drives them absolutely insane and they just go at it for a few hours. It'd definitely serve as a way to ensure proper diffusion of genes among the species at least.

Wasabi Poptart

I have a headache and I need to finish writing this paper. Brain says no.

Hylian

Hylian

My dad is at the emergency room. They think he had a seizure but we are not sure. So now I am at the emergency room with my family waiting to hear how things are going. :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Why is that in the not so serious rant thread?

This thread is for whining about inconsequential stuff that annoys or interrupts our lives, not for serious problems, people!

I hope things will turn out alright, hylian.

Wasabi Poptart

Hope everything turns out for the best, Hylian.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I had to freaking work today, I usually don't have to work on Saturdays. So I'm walking the store, talking to customers, doing my job, and this old lady walks up, she says something like "My toaster broke. I had a big one, got it here, but you don't have it now." I talk to her a little, find out that she bought the oven a couple of years ago, explain that companies change their assortments on a fairly regular basis and showed her what we had and talked to her about them. Got the feeling that she just likes to gripe about stuff, that's okay, part of dealing with the public and I can deal with that. Time passes, I go to lunch and when I get back to work she's back. She's in our cookware section. I step up and greet her again, and she looks at me and says "I'm looking for that big oven. It's not here anymore." I'm like "what the???" in my head and ask just which one that she was looking for (she never indicated a preference when we talked a couple of hours before) and she was "The one that was right here. Right where they all were before." Okay.... I point out, politely, that they toasters are a couple of isles over, and she pops off with "I know that, I was just looking for the one that was here earlier." So I'm going "What the hell is happening here?" in my head again.. ask her if she would like to step over to the "other" toasters and see if the one she wanted was there. We start heading over and she sounds out with "Oh, I remember now, this is where they are at." I'm wondering if she is even okay to be driving by this point... but we find the toaster that she was looking for and get her all checked out at the register, and she's I need some help getting this to my car, so I walk out to the parking lot, where we wander around for a couple of minutes because she's forgotten where she has parked, only to realize that her car is in the front row that we passed 9 cars ago, to find that she has a friend waiting in the car, in the passenger seat, car off, with with windows rolled up. It was about 98f air temperature at the time. I'm just wondering if I'll have to be calling the ambulance in a minute... but luckily everything is okay with the friend. I really don't feel safe driving around town now, this lady doesn't need to be on the road at all.

Krisken

Krisken

Egads! That reminds me of the day I took my wife to the chiropractor. As we got out of our car, an old woman got into her car, put the car into reverse to leave her parking spot, and gunned it, slamming into a car and pushing it up into grass area. Then she put her car into drive and gunned it, turning to the road and instead of turning crossed one of the busiest roads in town and jumped the curb on the other side of the road while her car screeched in protest.

Sometimes, seeing someone who seems a bit off get behind a steering wheel still makes me nervous.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I think this isn't serious rant material yet, but my dependency of coca-cola (Diet and Zero) is starting to cross the line to addiction territory.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I think this isn't serious rant material yet, but my dependency of coca-cola (Diet and Zero) is starting to cross the line to addiction territory.
Well, your first problem is that you're drinking Coke, rather than the far superior (yet too-often under-appreciated) Pepsi.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, your first problem is that you're drinking Coke, rather than the far superior (yet too-often under-appreciated) Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no, I'm also a Pepsi fan! But I generally use coca-cola as a generic word.

But, as the "spanish scottish" people we catalans are considered to be, I drink wichever is cheaper :p

Wasabi Poptart

Well, your first problem is that you're drinking Coke, rather than the far superior (yet too-often under-appreciated) Pepsi.[/QUOTE]

You are correct, Sir! And here they have started putting Pepsi Throwback on the shelves again which makes me happy beyond belief.

phil

phil

I've been trying to give up soda. It's not hard but it's also not really fun. I've taken a liking to Gatorade as kind of a substitute go to drink, but I'm still trying to go for more water.

If I'm going out anyway though, I'll still get a soda 'cause fuck it.

Krisken

Krisken

Hello group, I'm a Dr. Pepper addict. Kicking my habit down to 2 cans a day hasn't been easy. I'm hoping I'll be able to survive off 1 can a day, but the addiction has been pretty persistent.

Thank you.

Gusto

Gusto

I drink a lot of straight up club soda. I don't know if that's a problem.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

RIght now I'm at the peak of my dependency, drinking between two and four liters of soda a day. I always try to quit it, but after one or two months I start again because:

1- I need to drink soda to work (a little like a smoker may need to smoke to work)
2- I need the caffeine (I'm used to it, but this is also aggravated by a partial disfunction of my suprarenal gland, wich causes me to have constant tiredness (and other simptoms like baldness, a premature sexual maturation, a hairy body and the kind of tumor that made my "bad" leg become the bad one.)
3- I have some kind of oral fixation or something like that: I need to eat, drink, chew gum...
4- My digestion depends on drinking soda.

I'll have to fix it someday, but I keep trying and then doing it again because I need to get some work done. RIght now, it's my master's thesis. But I always have something or the other to do.

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, that is pretty hard core, man.

Gusto

Gusto

Wow.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

And I feel like the addiction is just beginning.

phil

phil

Your blood is going to be like 1/3 syrup.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Your blood is going to be like 1/3 syrup.
Oh, no, it's all diet soda.

Anyways, I previously used the term "oral fixation" quite freely. I just went to wikipedia to find out if it meant more or less what I meant.

Man, it fits me so much.

An oral fixation (also oral craving) is a fixation in the oral stage of development manifested by an obsession with stimulating the mouth (oral) first described by Sigmund Freud, who thought infants are naturally and adaptively in an oral stage, but if weaned too early or too late, may fail to resolve the conflicts of this stage and develop a maladaptive oral fixation. In later life, these people may constantly "hunger" for activities involving the mouth.

A child who is not fed enough (neglected) or is fed too much (over-protected) may become orally fixated as an adult. Oral fixations are considered to contribute to over-eating, being overly talkative, smoking addictions, overindulging in sugar, chewing on straws and toothpicks, and even alcoholism.

Null

Null

I love soda, but I've given it up. I've been soda-free for a several weeks, and hope to continue to be that way. It's seriously addiciting.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Yeah, that oral fixation is much better to handle if you enjoy sucking dick though. Not so much when it's limited to smoking and/or drinking.

Also, saying it's all diet doesn't really make it any better.. FOUR liters is WAY too much and not stopping it now will only increase the risks of serious illnesses down the line. I also find it 'amusing' that you say you need it as some sort of medical treatment. If you think that go see your doctor for caffeine pills, they make those for a reason. There are much better ways to combat the tired-like symptoms than the intake of caffeine though.
Well, not exactly "need" but "feel better when I do". A doctor would never tell me to drink coke for that, but the fact that it feels good (and that being without doesn't) makes me drink it.
In the periods I don't drink soda, I drink coffee, just 2 a day, maybe 3. But those are periods in wich I don't have to work in any papers or anything like that.

I have to fix it, I know. October is going to be the month. I promise!

(Edit: I also take madication for these symptoms. It doesn't seem to work too much, but I keep trying. It's supposed to be a progressive thing)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

HERETIC! BURN HIM!! (or at least dunk him in the Chattahoochee River)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It's bad enough I have to defend my position, living in Georgia, that I have to defend it against the mewlings and brayings of TEXANS on the INTERNET. *growls*

(For those who don't get it, Coke comes from Atlanta, GA... which does put me at about the same level as a Satanist for some folks down here)

Rob King

Rob King

At the height of my pop addiction I was at about three liters or a little more per day. I still get up pretty high, but the first time I counted it all up it was frightening.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It's bad enough I have to defend my position, living in Georgia, that I have to defend it against the mewlings and brayings of TEXANS on the INTERNET. *growls*

(For those who don't get it, Coke comes from Atlanta, GA... which does put me at about the same level as a Satanist for some folks down here)[/QUOTE]

Jus' trin' to make you feel at home. :p

Philosopher B.

An oral fixation (also oral craving) is a fixation in the oral stage of development manifested by an obsession with stimulating the mouth (oral) first described by Sigmund Freud, who thought infants are naturally and adaptively in an oral stage, but if weaned too early or too late, may fail to resolve the conflicts of this stage and develop a maladaptive oral fixation. In later life, these people may constantly "hunger" for activities involving the mouth.

A child who is not fed enough (neglected) or is fed too much (over-protected) may become orally fixated as an adult. Oral fixations are considered to contribute to over-eating, being overly talkative, smoking addictions, overindulging in sugar, chewing on straws and toothpicks, and even alcoholism.
Oh sheet. I love having something to gnaw on.

General Specific

General Specific

(For those who don't get it, Coke comes from Atlanta, GA... which does put me at about the same level as a Satanist for some folks down here)[/QUOTE]

Hey! I'm a Texan!

And I love Coke.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I don't see any horns, so that kinda narrows it down... *sidelong glance*

phil

phil

Dr pepper what what!

---------- Post added at 04:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Or hill county fair brand cola.

Rob King

Rob King

Pepsi is the superior cola, and that's all there is to it.

Okay, maybe not. Coca-Cola, I have found, has a much more consistent taste globally, while Pepsi has regional variations that are sometimes slightly off-putting. When traveling, I give Pepsi a try, but I do often fall back on Coke because the Pepsi is too different to warrant any loyalty.

makare

I like coke zero the best. It has just the right amount of carbonation for me.

Rob King

Rob King

Why can I never get up. I slept in until 2 in the afternoon today, because I had the day off. I was in bed at midnight last night, which means 8 or 9 would not bee too early to get up. And yet I don't even remember my alarms going off. I just slept right through them.

Now, I won't get to sleep tonight until at least 4, and I have to work tomorrow.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not sure whether home sick as an adult is better or worse than as a kid. As a kid, you could sometimes get a day off through fudging it, otherwise you might be restricted in what you could do by a parent or someone keeping an eye on you.

Now as an adult, you really don't want to get off from work since it lowers your pay, so you'll only take off if you're feeling too shitty even to go in.

...Anyway, home sick, no one posting, getting some rest, popping the Tylenol, fun. I went in yesterday and I shouldn't have. I woke up feeling "yeah, I could go in", thought better of it and stayed home. Now that it's been a couple hours and the fever's really cooking again, I know I made the right decision. I can't remember the last time a freezing cold shower actually felt good before this morning.

Element 117

Feel better, and avoid your loved ones. If you start to turn, I'll do the humane thing.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Thanks, Amy. I actually received it from a loved one. It's like a hug, except diseased.

Null

Null

I hear you, Skutch. I've gone in to work a couple times with a fever, and I was essentially useless. The drive there was probably downright risky. You're better off just losing the day.

Gusto

Gusto

Ever since the end of grade school I could effectively make myself sick by thinking about faking it really hard.

Now all of my bodily mechanisms continue to operate because I will them to. I could be sick by tonight if I wanted to.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Ever since the end of grade school I could effectively make myself sick by thinking about faking it really hard.

Now all of my bodily mechanisms continue to operate because I will them to. I could be sick by tonight if I wanted to.
I can do that too. I may need two days for it to work, but if I keep thinking I feel sick, it will eventually start to be true.

Shakey

Shakey

My fingers smell like onions.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

WTH, is this the everyone at Halforums be sick day? I woke up with a slight headache this morning, after driving my daughter to band practice and walking back up the stairs I couldn't walk in a straight line because of how nauseous I had become. I didn't go to work.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

A buddy of mine was coming out to my house to weed-eat around my house for me. He was driving his wife's SUV. It car was low on gas, so he just rolled down the windows, turned off the A/C and drove slowly (not too smart, black car, 101 degree day.) He turns onto the rural/residential road that leads back to my house. A red wasp flies into the cab with him and hovers next to his ear. He dodges his head to the left, tugging on the steering wheel... drives across the road and into a yard.... and smacks a mail box... that is made out of 4x4 lumber.

So, to come and help me with my yard work, he did $3000+ damage to his estranged wife's car.

I hope he does not ask me for any cash. Because in reality, he's been staying at my house for 3 months rent free. And he owes me $125 for a concert ticket.

Krisken

Krisken

It comes with being a grizzled 1800's prospector.

makare

I have a slushy and it is awesome! ^.^

oh wait rant... right... hmm it's cold and holding the glass chills my hands.

Shakey

Shakey

It comes with being a grizzled 1800's prospector.[/QUOTE]

Onions and taters are all I can afford to eat.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Thought about calling in sick, because I still get paid for those, and spending it with my wife, but I didn't want to short-change the watch.

Came in, and we're so full (again) that I have to double up.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

The dog in the apartment above mine has been on the porch barking for 90 minutes straight.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Gah!! Stinky asparagus pee!! :faint2:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gah!! Stinky asparagus pee!! :faint2:
Don't worry only a 1/3rd of the population can smell it. Also only 1/3rd can make the odor (Good Eats.) You are extra special...

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yeah, "special." That's a "special" smell alright. And what's worse is that I drank a bunch of water with that meal, so now I'm heading to the bathroom a lot tonight to piss, and I'm dreading it everytime. BLEGH!

Gusto

Gusto

I forgot to take glasses to the optometrists today, which means that after my eyes were dilated, I had to make the 40 minute trip home (thankfully not driving!) while completely blinded by August afternoon.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

There's also a good chance I will develop glaucoma as I age.

Element 117

This really sucks.
*hugs*
Best get painting
:(

LittleSin

LittleSin

I forgot to take glasses to the optometrists today, which means that after my eyes were dilated, I had to make the 40 minute trip home (thankfully not driving!) while completely blinded by August afternoon.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

:(

Well, bright side? You get awesome medical weed when that happens.

Gusto

Gusto

I don't like weed! :(

Gusto

Gusto

Amaretto is so good!

Null

Null

I've never had weed, but Amaretto is nice in coffee or hot chocolate.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I don't like weed! :(
That's like saying you don't like drinking. You're not gonna like every single type of drink, some may even make you gag at the mere smell or taste of 'm, but others you will love. There are so many different kinds, there is always at least one you'll like.
Me, I can't stand Amaretto for instance. Blech! :puke:[/QUOTE]

I don't like drinking.

Exclamation point.

Gusto

Gusto

Man I love drinking.

Krisken

Krisken

You two, so wacky! You should star in a sitcom together.

Gusto

Gusto

There aren't enough half-hour timeslots in my fictional television network for all the Halforums sitcoms I should be on.

Krisken

Krisken

There aren't enough half-hour timeslots in my fictional television network for all the Halforums sitcoms I should be on.
Hey now, you know at least half of them need to be in the late night slot on Cinemax!

phil

phil

I like drinking!

in fact, I am right now!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I don't drink or do drugs, I don't smoke either.

Krisken

Krisken

What do you do?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

What do you do?[/QUOTE]

Have fun and remember it all.

Krisken

Krisken

What do you do?[/QUOTE]

Have fun and remember it all.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, my reference was too vague.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

What do you do?[/QUOTE]

Have fun and remember it all.[/QUOTE]
Sorry, my reference was too vague.

[/QUOTE]

Wasn't too vague, I just couldn't come up with a good quip as a follow-up. I will not watch that video, I already have the song running through my head thanks to your earlier post. *get out!*

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

And to whomever gave me neg rep for the above comments, grow up. I don't care what you do, doesn't bother me in the least, but I just don't do any of it. Grew up in a smoking home, saw what that shit can do to people firsthand. Just don't like the taste of any liquor or beer than I've ever been around, and there has been plenty of that. Drugs, personally just think it's stupid. Geez.

Rob King

Rob King

I'm supposed to be going out of town this weekend, except I'm on to do a pickup of bread this weekend for the food bank. I told my boss earlier this week that we really didn't need the pickup, and I would have to throw most of it out next week anyhow. Seriously, our freezer is PACKED. We already have too much.

So despite it being silly, I've been trying to sort this out so that someone else will cover the pickup while I'm out of town, but so far none of it is working. Meanwhile I cannot get into contact with my boss to let her know that every attempt at getting someone else to cover for this has failed, and that we're just not going to get the pickup after all. I don't want to come off as belligerent or anything, but actually doing this pickup would be imprudent, and I am not going to let it keep me in town for literally less than three hour's work. Especially when I already jumped through flaming hoops to juggle shifts for my second job, in order to get the weekend off.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Well my cousin just backed out of PAX so now we're one person short to split the cost of the hotel room with. Agh.

phil

phil

If I had the means to get there I'd say dibs. Also tickets to PAX. Also money. Maybe a thicker head of hair too, since I'm wishing.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

If I had the means to get there I'd say dibs. Also tickets to PAX. Also money. Maybe a thicker head of hair too, since I'm wishing.
Actually that does give me an idea. New thread time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My niece has gotten kind of sassy and bratty. I love her but she's driving me nuts. My sister's been ramping up the discipline, but I think she's just going through a phase or something. She's around kids (and TV) more in preschool and is just picking up a lot of new things... not ALL good.

phil

phil

Does she have her own flavor of sass?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Does she have her own flavor of sass?
Noooope, she's pretty much a clone of my sister and me at that age. And my god we were so smartass. I'm surprised mom didn't kick our asses every day.

...Actually she's a clone of us around more like 10 or so. So she's way ahead of us.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

"Have fun storming the castle!"

General Specific

General Specific

figmentPez

figmentPez

Playing Trine. So people = undead. And I'm nowhere near the Castle yet, I don't think. This game is fun and pretty. <3
I loved Trine. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Null

Null

Turns out it might take up to six months to completely cure/recover from the infection in my leg. But they did rule out amputation and a vascular exam showed blood flow through the limb is actually quite good. No clots.

Vrii

Vrii

Have to wait until (hopefully) tomorrow to order my new computer. Trying to pay for it was flagged as 'unusual activity' on the credit card, and their phone lines are a) packed or b) having technical issues tonight.

Bleh.

Espy

Espy

Turns out it might take up to six months to completely cure/recover from the infection in my leg. But they did rule out amputation and a vascular exam showed blood flow through the limb is actually quite good. No clots.
Whoa man. Do you mind if I ask what caused it? My bass play has had a really nasty leg infection thats caused him to have to go get meds twice this summer due to it causing flu-ish like symptoms.

Wasabi Poptart

It won't be long before the movers are here. I feel like I'm going to barf.

Dave

Dave

Good for you and HOLY CRAP! I had no idea it was THAT bad!

Element 117

Damn. You could have been totally cooler with a prosthetic leg, along the lines of a T-888.

What?

Null

Null

Whoa man. Do you mind if I ask what caused it? My bass play has had a really nasty leg infection thats caused him to have to go get meds twice this summer due to it causing flu-ish like symptoms.[/QUOTE]

I got a scratch on my leg, it got infected, it stayed infected. I couldn't afford the doctors visits so I figured either it would get better or kill me, whichever. It did neither. Apparently the infection damaged some blood vessels though there aren't any clot, but the area is prone to swelling. Without surgery, there's a limit to how much better it's going to get.

And I am not going to get a robotic leg for you, .Amy. You have to take me as I am or not at all. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jesus, Null. You coulda gone out "Snows of Kilimanjaro" style. :'(

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Jack Daniel, the guy who invented the whiskey by the same name, died of blood poisoning after kicking a safe. Small wounds can have big consequences. Glad to hear yours wasn't worse.

Null

Null

How about I promise not to post pictures and we let it drop?

makare

but i want to see it

Rob King

Rob King

I decided last week that it wouldn't be so bad to try doing a Vlog. I've stumbled upon dozens of horrible vlogs before, and fear of achieving mediocrity--or worse, producing crap--have kept me from it in the past. But it's actually always something I've wanted to do, provided I can do a good job of it.

I'm not sure if I've been doing a good job, but I do feel like I'm improving, even after only three attempts. This is in the baby rant thread, though, because I JUST missed my self-set deadline of once every three days, which kinda sucks.

Vagabond

V.Bond

The internet just revealed to me who The Stig actually is.

Intrigue ruined.

Null

Null

The internet just revealed to me who The Stig actually is.

Intrigue ruined.
It's not Michael Schuemacher - he was just the Guest Stig for the Ferrari F-XX, I'm pretty sure - it was his personal vehicle. That particular model of Ferrari is, in essence, a great con job by Ferrari. You pay them a million dollars, and they keep the car at the factory. If you want to visit your car, you can go to Modesto, Italy, to the Ferrari plant, and they will take you and your car to a track for a few hours.

Element 117

And I am not going to get a robotic leg for you, .Amy. You have to take me as I

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I should watch that again sometime.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've probably said this before, but it bears repeating. I find it a little strange that so many of my female friends talk about wanting a gay guy friend in the same way that they might talk about getting a poodle. Kinda weird.

Disconnected

your friends are idiots. i'm pretty sure gay guys don't want to be fashion accessories and to even think that way is pretty lame brained

phil

phil

Hello, no electricity. How are you tonight? It's so nice you could stop by and knock off my fans tonight. Anyway, I have to sleep now and am typing on what doubles as my alarm clock so I'll let you be. Be a dear and don't stay too long though. I've things to do tomorrow and simply can't have you gaming around all day. I'm sure you understand.

Hugs and kisses,

Phil.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Grrrr, it sounds like an ex-lover of mine is looking for a house in my neighborhood.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Ow ow ow ow ow.

I just got an email from someone asking what my email address is ... it's the same address you used to send me this email silly. It wasn't hidden or bcc, they just want me to reply back with it typed in the message.....

Element 117

ow indeed.

That calls for creative retaliation

Vagabond

V.Bond

So I awoke this fine morning, and immediately felt the strong urge to sneeze.

Still half asleep, I was just barely quick enough to cover my mouth with my hand as I let loose a barrage of wet, sloppy sneezes. My hand is now covered in what I assume to be snot. Gross.

As if that wasn't nasty enough, my nose started to run. Had a cold for the past couple of days so nothing really unusual. Finally kind of coherent, I grab some tissue and blow. Only now my nose is running even harder.

I turn on the light.

There's blood on the wall. There's blood on my sheets. My hand is covered in blood. Tissues are soaked......in blood.

I don't really have time to soak in the bloodied mayhem around me because I have to sneeze again.

I can say with much assurance that this was not the smoothest start to a day that I've ever had.

Null

Null

Dang, that's a crappy way to start a day, Vag.

Element 117

Go to a Dr. and just make sure you don't have a tumor in your brain, or something.

Null

Null

Go to a Dr. and just make sure you don't have a tumor in your brain, or something.
No kidding. That's how my Uncle Phil found out the "sinus infection" he'd had for two years was a tumor. Lost pretty much most of the left side of his facial bones in the removal. He woke up one morning with a blood-covered pillow from a nosebleed. Two different doctors over the previous two years had chalked the pain and pressure off to a chronic sinus infection.

Krisken

Krisken

Damn, Vago. See a doc and stay safe, bro.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Nah, I felt much better once I had gotten all that excess plasma and cells out of me.

What a relief.

No kidding. That's how my Uncle Phil found out the "sinus infection" he'd had for two years was a tumor. Lost pretty much most of the left side of his facial bones in the removal. He woke up one morning with a blood-covered pillow from a nosebleed. Two different doctors over the previous two years had chalked the pain and pressure off to a chronic sinus infection.
That's horrifying. Good thing I'm not one to linger on such remote possibilities.

Oh wait.

Damn, Vago. See a doc and stay safe, bro.
I might consider the former but no way am I doing the latter.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So Vagabond, did you photograph the carnage?

makare

Aw poor vagoo :(

*cuddles* Feel better.

Disconnected

i had a horrible image thinking of vagabond's awakening and seeing this word.

Dave

Dave

Bleeding from the vagoo?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Yeah...I"m not sure if she feels bad for Vagabond or if she's comforting herself during a nasty yeast infection.

I'm so sorry I typed that. I did it anyway, but I want you all to know how bad I feel about it.

Element 117

Yeah...I"m not sure if she feels bad for Vagabond or if she's comforting herself during a nasty yeast infection.

I'm so sorry I typed that. I did it anyway, but I want you all to know how bad I feel about it.
Whatever, Krisken.

makare

I have complete faith that he knows who im talking about. As does dave but he is a sucker for a cheap joke.

Vagabond

V.Bond

I got it.

New rant, people who don't got it. Sad.

David

David

Red Bull energy drink totally ruined the movie The Last Unicorn.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Red Bull energy drink totally ruined the movie The Last Unicorn.
:?
:confused:
:mad:
:explode:
:slap:
:mmph:

makare

Ok this is kind of interesting but im still going to rant about it.

There is this guy in my class, Rick, that is one of those pompous, full of himself overly macho guys. When we are alone, and sometimes in his presence. we females in the class get a good laugh at Rick's expense. So I was surprised to hear that my friend was talking to another guy in class about Rick and she said that she wasn't into him or anything like that and the guy was shocked.. I mean shocked. He said, "but Rick's the guy that all the women want!"

He is? We do? What the hell universe is that guy in? But I really think this is just an example of how different guys and chicks see the world. The guys look at this macho guy and think hey he's pretty cool I BET all the women want him. Dont get me wrong Rick is nice enough and he is fun at parties but the only women I know who have had anything to do with him romantically have been drunk* and the next day nearly face palmed themselves into a coma.
*which is my theory as to why he is often at parties where women are likely to get drunk >.>

Im just aggravated. THAT is what guys think women want? Really. Gah. And my friend, the same as above, is really having problems because she likes this guy Kurt who IS what women want you know nice, decent, polite, friendly etc. But he won't have anything to do with her because Rick has like laid claim to her and a bunch of other girls in the class. Cant go against him.. I mean the women WANT him soooo bad.

I could just throw up.

Krisken

Krisken

They both suck.

Element 117

I just watched excerpted clips from an E.T. Porno.

I'm pretty sure 2g1c was just dethroned as the worst thing ever. And it was entirely safe for work.

Jesus. I just.

I need to go find a suicide booth now.

drifter

drifter

You might be laughing at this guy Rick, but maybe the dudes are misreading it as the wimmens laughing with Rick? The fact that he is apparently charming enough to get laid with women who normally wouldn't bother (even if drunk) probably only reinforces that.

Also, guys may be thinking "damn, dude is raw, the lay-days love him," but they could also be thinking "why do the girls go for jerks like Rick?"

Also, Kurt sounds like a punk.

makare

You might be laughing at this guy Rick, but maybe the dudes are misreading it as the wimmens laughing with Rick? The fact that he is apparently charming enough to get laid with women who normally wouldn't bother (even if drunk) probably only reinforces that.

Also, guys may be thinking "damn, dude is raw, the lay-days love him," but they could also be thinking "why do the girls go for jerks like Rick?"

Also, Kurt sounds like a punk.
I dont know what you mean though. The girls dont go for Rick. It doesnt say anything positive to me that the only time the guy gets lucky is when the chicks around him are drunk.

Kurt is awesome. I would happily date Kurt but, stupid friendship politics, I couldnt because my friend IS actually interested in him. I know because she told me so. So thats that. Also I think he has started seriously dating a chick who is not in our school.

Krisken

Krisken

I just watched excerpted clips from an E.T. Porno.

I'm pretty sure 2g1c was just dethroned as the worst thing ever. And it was entirely safe for work.

Jesus. I just.

I need to go find a suicide booth now.
[/QUOTE]
Jesus. Can your eyes throw up? I think my eyes vomited.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Ok this is kind of interesting but im still going to rant about it.

There is this guy in my class, Rick, that is one of those pompous, full of himself overly macho guys. When we are alone, and sometimes in his presence. we females in the class get a good laugh at Rick's expense. So I was surprised to hear that my friend was talking to another guy in class about Rick and she said that she wasn't into him or anything like that and the guy was shocked.. I mean shocked. He said, "but Rick's the guy that all the women want!"

He is? We do? What the hell universe is that guy in? But I really think this is just an example of how different guys and chicks see the world. The guys look at this macho guy and think hey he's pretty cool I BET all the women want him. Dont get me wrong Rick is nice enough and he is fun at parties but the only women I know who have had anything to do with him romantically have been drunk* and the next day nearly face palmed themselves into a coma.
*which is my theory as to why he is often at parties where women are likely to get drunk >.>

Im just aggravated. THAT is what guys think women want? Really. Gah. And my friend, the same as above, is really having problems because she likes this guy Kurt who IS what women want you know nice, decent, polite, friendly etc. But he won't have anything to do with her because Rick has like laid claim to her and a bunch of other girls in the class. Cant go against him.. I mean the women WANT him soooo bad.

I could just throw up.
In defence of guys, as a relatively nice guy myself (I think.), I have the self-confidence that I'm worth dating, and even if there was some guy who impressed me (and guys like Rick usually don't) as being 'what women want', it certainly wouldn't prevent me from pursuing a girl. I mean, is there someone out there 'better' than me? Sure, but what does that even mean? So I don't think all guys see things that way.

drifter

drifter

I dont know what you mean though. The girls dont go for Rick. It doesnt say anything positive to me that the only time the guy gets lucky is when the chicks around him are drunk.

Kurt is awesome. I would happily date Kurt but, stupid friendship politics, I couldnt because my friend IS actually interested in him. I know because she told me so. So thats that. Also I think he has started seriously dating a chick who is not in our school.
Girls don't generally sleep with guys they don't like. Rick is getting laid. If someone is sharing her lady-bits with a dude, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume she likes the guy. Now I am not stating that Rick is actually desirable, just that other guys know Rick is getting laid and so adjust their perceptions accordingly.

Re Kurt, your rant made it sound like he's turning down your friend because Rick "staked a claim." Were that assumption true, it doesn't really matter how nice or awesome Kurt is, he'd still be a punkass. Disinterest because he's already dating someone else is quite a different matter.

Null

Null

Staked a claim? Seriously?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm ignoring the fact that he might be dating someone..

Kurt is awesome. I would happily date Kurt but, stupid friendship politics, I couldnt because my friend IS actually interested in him. I know because she told me so. So thats that.
Wait. So just because she happened to have "staked a claim" first, she gets to go for him instead of you? Is she even actively trying to pursue that fantasy or is it just words to make sure no one else i her friend circle can try by simply saying "dibs!"?
I didn't even catch that. Nice one, Ame :D.

David

David

Ask out Kurt right in front of your friend while simultaneously flipping your friend the bird. Flawless!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I bet this Kurt guy is a tastemaker.

Gusto

Gusto

A pioneer in his field.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Girls don't generally sleep with guys they don't like. Rick is getting laid. If someone is sharing her lady-bits with a dude, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume she likes the guy. [/QUOTE]

For perspective: I don't hear of too many stories of women getting drunk and nailing the socially awkward fat guy.

Back when I was in the navy and I was on the 'prowl', I would be extremely forward and sexual with my humor. Usually in a group of women at a bar or club, many of them would laugh at my jokes, some would laugh at how much of a clown I was being, and then there'd almost always be the one girl who'd say "Ewww..you're a pig. I would never sleep with a guy like you!" in front of all of her friends.

That would be the girl I'd end up sleeping with, nearly every time.

What a girl says around her girlfriends, and what a girl actually wants aren't always exactly the same thing, either ;)

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh $725 in car repairs blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally tempted to tell them that they can keep it and learn how to ride a bike in traffic aaaaaaabbbbbhhhhhhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

makare

I'm ignoring the fact that he might be dating someone..

Kurt is awesome. I would happily date Kurt but, stupid friendship politics, I couldnt because my friend IS actually interested in him. I know because she told me so. So thats that.
Wait. So just because she happened to have "staked a claim" first, she gets to go for him instead of you? Is she even actively trying to pursue that fantasy or is it just words to make sure no one else i her friend circle can try by simply saying "dibs!"?
I didn't even catch that. Nice one, Ame :D.[/QUOTE]

If I went after the guy my friend likes that would make me way more of a bitch than I actually am. I am much more interested in keeping my friendship than I am with dating anybody.

And they have told each other they like each other and have like made out and stuff he just put the brakes on it because he is friends with Rick and Rick has decided that she's his without any cause. So if I went after him that would really hurt her and I, shocking I know, do not want to hurt my friend.

And Tin, drunk chicks will sleep with anyone and then they will regret it. It is perfectly possible to have sex with someone you dont even like... multiple times. It is after all just sex. In a world where there are fuck buddies there are also, eh at least im getting laid buddies.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Couldn't you turn that around with you as Kurt, your friend as Rick?

makare

No because my friend actually likes Kurt and Kurt likes her. Unlike in Rick's fantasy where he is telling everyone that she is in love with him and my friend is in a world of wtf.

Krisken

Krisken

Not really, Escushion. Apparently, Rick doesn't give a shit what his friend thinks or feels.

drifter

drifter

Damn, Kurt really IS a punk.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not really, Escushion. Apparently, Rick doesn't give a shit what his friend thinks or feels.
Apparently neither does Kurt.

Null

Null

So, Kurt's seeing someone else, MAYBE, he's not going for your friend because some other douchenugget claimed her as his property, and you're not going for Kurt because your friend claimed him as hers?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Gusto

Gusto

Star-cross'd lovers, man.

Null

Null

Seems more like some teen-drama TV show bullshit.

If friend has told Kurt she's interested, and he has any reason for not trying get into a relationship with her, it's because he doesn't really want one. If she hasn't told him, then she'd better, and if she doesn't, it's open season. Now, if he's in a serious relationship with someone else, and that's his reason for not being with her, then, well, them's the breaks. Sometimes the one you want to be with is better off with someone else.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

next week on makare's creek

Krisken

Krisken

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

next week on makare's creek
I think the show would be canceled if there was a lovely boner on it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If friend has told Kurt she's interested, and he has any reason for not trying get into a relationship with her, it's because he doesn't really want one. If she hasn't told him, then she'd better, and if she doesn't, it's open season. Now, if he's in a serious relationship with someone else, and that's his reason for not being with her, then, well, them's the breaks. Sometimes the one you want to be with is better off with someone else.
If he's in a relationship and that's his reason, he should say that. So he may be trying to keep makare's friend on the side, in case the relationship doesn't work out, without letting her know that's what's going on.

One way or another, he sounds like a tool.

phil

phil

Sounds like Rick just doesn't give a fuck.

Null

Null

If he's in a relationship and that's his reason, he should say that. So he may be trying to keep makare's friend on the side, in case the relationship doesn't work out, without letting her know that's what's going on.

One way or another, he sounds like a tool.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, and I don't really get where Rick enters into this because as far as I can tell, no one in the equation wants to be with him. So what if he's said that friend belongs to him? She obviously doesn't think so, and hers is the opinion that matters. Unless Rick and Kurt are good friends, I can't imagine why Kurt would give it a moment's thought unless he was looking for an excuse to fend the friend off with.

makare

I think you are not noticing that there is a major piece missing from this puzzle. I have no reason to think that kurt would be interested in ME. So it's not like we are secretly in love with each other or anything. He and my friend have a thing and between he and rick I would choose him. That was my point. Im not really that interested in Kurt or anyone else.

So if I went after a guy I wasnt that interested in that my friend is REALLY interested in that would make me an asshole. Case closed.

and yeah it is a bunch of drama crap. I hate it. This is why I have had a few friends at a time that did not know each other. This big group of friends crap drives me crazy.

Null

Null

Okay, that isn't what it read like, so pardon the misunderstanding. That aside, I don't know what you're looking for here. Rick shouldn't enter into things, and it sounds like Kurt doesn't want a relationship with your friend.

makare

im not looking for anything. Im just ranting.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I HATE having to borrow money from my folks, but I needed to take out a lot of money after this move to College Station. I've had a lot of living expenses (security deposit for the new place, furniture, insurance, etc.) and the university is taking its sweet time with disbursements. My parents don't mind because they know Hawaii bled me dry, but I still kinda feel like a bum.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

im not looking for anything. Im just ranting.
Right, it's not the Advice forum.

Go flaunt your wares elsewhere, Null.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

When I was in elementary school, there was this guy who terrorized me. He insulted me, intimidated me, beat me up, copied my work when he could... He was awful. And, most notably, he had the most horrific body odour I think I've ever smelled. It's as though he slept in old hockey bags. I am not exaggerating when I claim you could smell him several feet away.

I was out for a walk today and I walked past a guy and (who I presume to be) his girlfriend. I smelled that smell. That horrible, horrible odour exuded from one of those two. And memories of elementary school flooded back, along with a hitherto unknown lingering hatred for that former classmate.

This isn't even really a rant, I guess, so much as a... Really weird thing that happened.

phil

phil

Interview got rescheduled for tomorrow after I drove all the way there. I'll have to wake up and go even earlier just to be sure I don't hit the same delay again. I've also got this wicked knot in my back or something. Moving my right arm has been hurting the area just under my shoulder blade. Hopefully I can just stretch it out and keep it easy for the rest of the day.

Still though. Ow.

Oh well.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I'd had a nice schedule arranged for this semester, consisting of a graduate reading seminar, an upper division history class, and Spanish. The typical reading seminar requires you to read a book every week and is the most demanding. As a graduate student, those upper division classes require you to do the same work as the undergrads along with a somewhat longer term paper. Spanish is incredibly easy because I already know French; it's my "relaxation class" for this degree. The workload for this schedule would have been easily manageable, and I could have juggled school and work and had some free time on the side.

Then I had a meeting with my faculty advisor. He suggested that I drop the undergrad course to take an anthropology seminar. That seminar is relevant to my focus and is only offered once every two or three years. Okay, no problem. I just needed to switch to a different Spanish section because the time slots conflicted. Two seminars and Spanish isn't a problem. In fact, that's exactly what I had all last year. I'd be reading a lot but Spanish still wouldn't require that much work. Another good thing about language courses is they don't consist solely of stressed out graduate students. It's often a link to the real world, where people actually have fun and go out for the weekends.

Then I got an e-mail from the department's graduate chair. I absolutely had to take a historiography seminar that is required for all incoming students. Never mind the fact I'd taken that same course when I got my MA. My advisor tried to talk to the professor to get me out of it, but no dice. I had to drop Spanish because there's no way I can do three seminars and a language on top of all that. I want good grades this semester because it'll make it easier to get an assistantship later on, and I won't be able to do that if I'm taking on too much. So I have not one seminar (which would be easy), not two (challenging but still manageable), but THREE. It's likely I'll be reading three books a week and probably working. Goodbye free time.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

God tomorrow is gonna be pain... First a full day at work in the elementary school where I'm substituting, then a quick drop home to shower and change clothes, drive three hours for a job interview, drive three hours back... with any luck I'll be home around 10pm. THEN I have to prepare the classes for the next day. Motherfucker...

Krisken

Krisken

I hate waiting for responses to my job applications. I just applied at a local hospital for a desk clerk position (which I'm overqualified for) and am anxiously waiting for a call. This is a job I'd like to get since it will be perfect experience I can add to applications once I complete my Health Information program (of which almost all places ask for 1 year experience hospital/clinic setting experience). I would have much preferred a Health Information assistant position, but the only one available is a 45 minute drive away.

Ah well. Still waiting nervously and crossing my fingers.

Gared

Gared

I haven't slept AT NIGHT for two consecutive nights since the first full weekend of August. I can sleep during the day just fine, but at night I'm hosed. I've tried the "stay awake 24+ hours until the next night and even then I might be able to sleep for 2 hours and then wake up until mid-morning or mid-afternoon the next day, then crash. Sleeping pills, due to an anxiety disorder issue, are not a possibility.

--

Please, please, if the garbage bag in the kitchen garbage can is full, do not just start a new bag and ignore the full one - that way leads only to bad things, like mold. And wildlife.

--

This one is more of a question than a rant, but why is it that I can run WoW or SCII on full graphics while simultaneously streaming a movie off of Netflix in my main browser and downloading adult materials in my secondary browser, and have MS Office and Acrobat Reader open in the background and not overtax my computer; but when I load Farm/Frontier/AnythingElseVille, all of my other programs pause until the load is complete, and if my fiance does the same thing on her laptop, the Wii gets kicked off the wifi? Seriously, is Flash that much of a resource hog?

phil

phil

Punishment for playing farmville.

Gared

Gared

Stupid Flash. Maybe Apple wasn't so completely out of line for refusing to put it in iOS. If my gaming rig can't handle the resource demands, I'd like to think an iPhone would have even less of a chance.

Gared

Gared

I will look forward to its death then.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm still waiting to hear back from the forum member that commissioned three paintings from me. I sent them off weeks ago...haven't received my money or heard if he even likes what I churned out.

I'm getting edgey...again.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Is Little Sin gonna have to cut a bitch?

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

Oh, minor rant: Thanks for upgrade to my iPhone app, Pandora. It's a gray, gloomy day outside, and I can't listen to my Midnight Syndicate or Fields of the Nephilim stations for more than three songs and it crashes. If not for the Silent Hill soundtracks and All Mine Enemys Whispers on my iPod, I would be very hostile towards you, and may even write you a note with downright terse language included.

TERSE I SAY!

Espy

Espy

I'm still waiting to hear back from the forum member that commissioned three paintings from me. I sent them off weeks ago...haven't received my money or heard if he even likes what I churned out.

I'm getting edgey...again.
Did you get confirmation they arrived and were signed for?

LittleSin

LittleSin

Yup. Arrived and signed for. Granted, the website is not telling WHEN they arrived.

Already sent a PM.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:humph: I'll sing the Doctor Who theme as a lullaby if I so please. Thank you very much.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

:humph: I'll sing the Doctor Who theme as a lullaby if I so please. Thank you very much.
Right there with you, mon ami... I sing the Marine Corps Hymn though. Will be adding the Ballad of Serenity shortly (she likes watching Firefly with me. *grins*)

My rant: My AC is out. Again. I hate the South. *drowns in puddle of condensation and sweat*

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Right there with you, mon ami... I sing the Marine Corps Hymn though. Will be adding the Ballad of Serenity shortly (she likes watching Firefly with me. *grins*)

My rant: My AC is out. Again. I hate the South. *drowns in puddle of condensation and sweat*[/QUOTE]

Awwwwwwww ^^ You must be so proud of your little nerdling, Papa Charon.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

When I rearranged my schedule I had to order new books. I ordered a bunch of them on Wednesday off Amazon and they were scheduled to be delivered on Friday. That was perfect because it gave me the weekend to read and I would've been done when those two seminars met again next Wednesday. I had to go to a new history grad student orientation yesterday so I was out all day. That normally wouldn't have been a problem because UPS would've just dropped the package off at my door. But for some reason they wanted a signature and of course they arrived while I wasn't there. So I'm losing three full days of reading and won't receive the books until Tuesday because of Labor Day. Knowing my luck with UPS in these parts, the box will be mislabeled and I won't receive it until around 7 in the evening. Tuesday night is gonna be a bitch.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The good news: After a whole lot of backpedaling, schedule conflicts and negotiating, I got the group together for our first session of Changeling: The Lost.

The bad news: All five had incomplete characters, so I had to help 'em finish filling out their character sheets - and then we only had an hour left to play. Too short in any case :(

The good news: We decided to watch Porco Rosso instead. Plus, everyone felt good about their characters, and they are a decent group, all in all (a former child soldier turned bloodthirsty bruiser; a seductive young scoundrel; a zephyr-like physician with an occult bent; a cowardly young deer-man; and a proud, radiant gunman). AND everybody agreed to come in next time :)

Okay, I really suck at ranting tonight...

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bargh... Sometimes I wonder if I was as loony when I was 12: had two 6th-grade classes to teach today, and I had included a very ordinary, run-of-the-mill "Listen and repeat" exercise as part of their oral exercises.

I had to explain the concept of "Listen and repeat" three times, very slowly, in Finnish to people who have studied English since the third grade. Five frickin' times for the other group!

I mean seriously, the students just sat there like a bunch of dumbfounded cattle, looking at me with eyes completely devoid of any kind of effort. I swear, I could hear a faint 'Moo...?' rising from the eerily silent classroom.

Oh well, it's Monday...

Rob King

Rob King

So, I'm officially an idiot.

When looking at the cost for international programs, do not assume anything. My misreading (mis-assuming?) of currency is going to add another few hundred to this Nepal thing.

New Zeland Dollars < American Dollars

Not that big of a deal, but still a bummer, and reminds me of how stupid I can be.

Wasabi Poptart

The internet connection at this hotel SUCKS!

Disconnected

I'm sure that's not the only sucking in the hotel!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Have you ever noticed that hotels only advertise that they have internet available, or wifi available, but never state that it's any good.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'm sure that's not the only sucking in the hotel!
[size=-5](whisper)He means fellatio!(/whisper)[/size]

Element 117

phil

phil

HA! Holy shit that's funny.

makare

ahhhhhhh!
pass if your gonna /mitchell

I hate it when Im driving the speed limit and some jack off behind me decided he just has to drive faster so he passes me. Does he pass quickly? no! he passes at an asininely leisurely pace that results in me having to slow down when i come to vehicles going slower than I am. So let's sum up, the person going the speed limit has to SLOW DOWN for the asshole who is speeding. Fuck that noise. If i had shot gun....

makare

2 rants in a row.. probably doesnt bode well for the week.

I lost hours of sleep last night because I was worried about something that, as it turns out, won't even happen until tomorrow. FML and my stupid brain.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I caught PAX-itis and my throat is so frickin' sore.

Shakey

Shakey

I hate wearing gloves. I just can't stand the feel of them, and I hate when they get caught on something or get in the way. So, yesterday I was clearing out some brush and grabbed onto one of those plants that have tiny little thorns. Since I wasn't wearing gloves, I now have at least 10 little slivers in each hand from it and they won't come out. They itch and are getting all full of puss. At least the puss is starting to push them out.

Philosopher B.

Well, that's just fucking fantastic. Don't bother getting in touch with your own goddamn daughter. Come to me at odd moments and ask in some weird-ass tone if I'm 'in touch' with my sister. Of course I'm in fucking touch! She's my fucking sister, and she's also a fantastic human being. I'm not a goddamn messenger boy for your oddball shenanigans.

I love families. :awesome:

Wasabi Poptart

Have you ever noticed that hotels only advertise that they have internet available, or wifi available, but never state that it's any good.[/QUOTE]

Here I think the Navy says you'd better be happy you have any kind of internet access so quityerbitchin.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Have you ever noticed that hotels only advertise that they have internet available, or wifi available, but never state that it's any good.[/QUOTE]

Here I think the Navy says you'd better be happy you have any kind of internet access so quityerbitchin.[/QUOTE]

That does make a difference, but I think the military as a whole is "Technology, doesn't get any better than 1995."

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Ugh. I hate traveling in cars, vans, and trucks. I always get nausea followed by intense headaches afterwards. Trains and planes from now on.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The substituting gig ends this Friday. *sighs* While I'm glad the teacher is getting better (sick leave and so on), I'm a little sad that I have to leave so soon. The first week was a bit of fumbling around and getting to know the students; it's only this week that I've gotten into proper teaching - and it's been a blast!

Originally I was supposed to stay for at least another week or two, so I'm also in a bit of a rush to see if I can get on any university courses; university started the week I started teaching, so there's a bit of trouble finding courses for this quarter. AND while there's now a chance to study economics (needed if I want that History & Civics teaching proficiency), you still need to apply for it separately because of some organisational bull crap. Mother-frakker...

On the bright side, there's a good deal of interesting book exams I could read for while waiting Q2 to start up.

Krisken

Krisken

I got an email from a friend I haven't spoken to in years. He's a bit of a shut in and hard to motivate to do anything, so I've kind of given up trying. Early this morning I got an email from him. Unfortunately, it was blank except for a link to a Canadian Pharmacy web site. For some reason I don't think he was responsible.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My computer fan isn't working properly, but I more or less fixed it with duct tape. I hope it works, as I have one paper that is due TOMORROW.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I have to go to ~municipal court~ to take care of an expired inspection thing sticker. Which I don't mind, I love paying $20 instead of $200. BUT I'm annoyed that the ticket says they open at 9am and the website says 8am.

fade

fade

Trailer for new "Nikita" show: this tiny skeletal woman is shown doing the True Lies Brand Neck Snap™ on this huge meaty dude. Give me a break. She could be the greatest martial artist ever, but she's not moving that guy's neck unless he wants her too. He's bigger. He's stronger. You can only push the "wirey musculature" thing so far.

Baerdog

Baerdog

It's a freaking TV show. It's allowed to take liberties to tell a story.

fade

fade

Good grief, can't I take issue with anything around here anymore? I mean the video looked like a baby snapping the Jolly Green Giant's neck. It looked stupid. My apologies, apparently, for thinking that was beyond suspension of disbelief, which, surprise, I know about and practice regularly when I watch TV.

makare

Kind of touchy there fade....

fade

fade

Because of what I said in the post there.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

skeletal is right
(embedding disabled)

You can see her ribs in the FRONT...you know, where her chesticles should be.

makare

I've been really sad lately. I'm not sure why. Things that usually don't bother me have been making me crazy. As a result I've felt really lonely and depressed. I hope whatever is wrong with me passes quickly and I can get back to normal.

Krisken

Krisken

I hope you feel better soon makare :(

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I've been really sad lately. I'm not sure why. Things that usually don't bother me have been making me crazy. As a result I've felt really lonely and depressed. I hope whatever is wrong with me passes quickly and I can get back to normal.
*hugs*

If you need anyone to help you with your avatar's suggestion, lemme know. I'll get sympathy schnozzled.

phil

phil

I went real hard at a party last night and that made me sleep so late today. Then we got our food nut at a pizza buffet and felt real bad yo.

I think it was the pudding that put me over.

Fuuuuuuuuck.

makare

this statement was made by one of my facebook friends;

"I'm currently making some changes in my life. If you don't hear from me, you're one of them."

was this statement made by:

a. a 16 year old high school girl
b. a 40 year old male trucker

answer-

b. what the shit my uncle?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

One of my facebook friends posted the exact same thing today as well, so it's just something people are copying from each other.

Krisken

Krisken

That there is some pretty weak sauce.

Was he being serious makare?

makare

One of my facebook friends posted the exact same thing today as well, so it's just something people are copying from each other.
oh thank god. I was like wtf is wrong with this man.

second rant:

Ravenpoe REFUSES to be mine.. still stubbornly.

I want an opportunity to make my case at how awesome it IS to be mine. I have references Poe.

edit-

I finally won him over! He's mine finally! woot woot. :cool:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yeah makare, I just rechecked it, and it was one of those "funny status" changers that people can sign up for. So yeah, your uncle has not gone off his rocker . . . yet.

Shakey

Shakey

My dvd player wouldn't work tonight, so I punched the fucker in it's face. Now it's really broke, and I'm pretty sure it's done for. Once I get my dvd out of it, I'm using it for target practice.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

My dvd player wouldn't work tonight, so I punched the fucker in it's face. Now it's really broke, and I'm pretty sure it's done for. Once I get my dvd out of it, I'm using it for target practice.
This rant goes well with your avatar. :)

phil

phil

So whats the deal with saying you're going to do one thing and then just not doing it? I mean if you're not going to read my resume or do anything with it, why ask for it in the first place? I didn't ask you, you ask me.

And you say you're going to return the modem to time warner cable, and then you just don't do it at all, in fact you don't even swing by the old apartment to pick it up at least tell me that before I start getting letters asking where the equipment is. We've been out of that place for a month and a half. I can't just call the land lady and see if she can contact the people living there now and hopefully they'll return it for us you know, just 'cause.

Oh well, at least he offered to split the cost of what I got charged. Of course he said he'd mail me my half of the electricity deposit and I haven't seen that check yet. So who fuckin' knows.

ah well, worst things have happened.

Krisken

Krisken

Sorry to hear it Phil. Sometimes the echo of the roommate-from-hell is enough to remind us how much better off we are now.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I have what I think is a cyst in my right wrist. It's hurting like hell when I make certain movements (anything putting pressure on the wrist - pushing myself out of a chair for example) and there's a dull pain allthe time.
I suppose I could go to emergencies, but it's been hurting for a few days and I haven't died yet, so I don't suppose it's a real emergency. I called the hospital and the earliest consult i can get if I do'nt go to emergency is on october 6th...Damn it. What to do, what to do. And in the mean time, of course, it still hurts.
At first I dismissed it as the beginning of RSI, if you're wondering, but since it keeps getting worse and I can feel a knob where there shouldn't be one, I'm fairly sure it's not that :-P

Adam

Adammon

So we're working on a Social Media policy at work. Because of the rapid spread of Facebook, Twitter, etc. we wanted to make sure that people understood the risks and responsibilities with those tools. As a large part of that, we've informed staff that talking about work, coworkers in a negative fashion is probably not a good idea. We've had many instances of people taking to facebook and complaining about X coworker or X manager at their job. While I'm all for freedom of speech, one of the things you just don't do is write public commentary about where you work - that just seems like common sense which seems to be lacking around here sometimes. This policy is being put together by my department. There's no real penalties for it, just raising awareness of the damage you can do.

I sat down with our manager of HR late last week before I left for Vegas and she raised her concerns about my Facebook and about how the stuff I write is 'unbecoming' for a manager here. Now, let me perfectly clear: I do not post about work on Facebook (That's what here is for! HAH). However, I have a group of friends where no topic is taboo. I had made sausage soup last week, and my sister commented about how the sausage bits looked like testicles... so it was a testicle soup. That was probably as salicious as my postings get.

That is unbecoming of management here apparently. And while she's 'all for free speech', you have to represent the company good everywhere.

Well, that's just a crock of shit and I told her as much. In the end, it's my fault. While I do try to keep work and real life separate, there was the inevitable encroachment of coworkers in my friends list. Problem solved, all coworkers removed. It's a shame that there's confusion on what constitutes private life.

Looking back, the slippery slope of social media policies was one thing I had been concerned with at the beginning, but hadn't expected to slide down so quickly. Lesson learned. Anonymous posting on message boards is the way to go!

makare

I was in my Family Law class and we were covering child custody. Suddenly the professor says, "The Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on December 7th, 1941." We all looked at each other like wtf. But he wasn't done yet. He then went on to describe in detail, with statistics, the attack on Pearl Harbor and the Battle of Midway. It took 45 minutes. Now I enjoy history and I am interested in Military strategy so the whole thing was pretty interesting. But the whole time I was wondering what the hell does this have to do with child custody?!

At the end he was summarizing the outcome of the battle and how unlikely it was really that the US would be victorious in it. Then he said, "that is what a temporary custody order is in a child custody case. It is pretty much the deciding factor"

That was one long-assed metaphor for a temp custody order. It was soooo funny. However, it seemed largely irrelevant to the subject matter >.>

General Specific

General Specific

I just found out what happens when you burp and sneeze at the same time... you throw up a little. At least I did.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I have what I think is a cyst in my right wrist. It's hurting like hell when I make certain movements (anything putting pressure on the wrist - pushing myself out of a chair for example) and there's a dull pain allthe time.
I suppose I could go to emergencies, but it's been hurting for a few days and I haven't died yet, so I don't suppose it's a real emergency. I called the hospital and the earliest consult i can get if I do'nt go to emergency is on october 6th...Damn it. What to do, what to do. And in the mean time, of course, it still hurts.
At first I dismissed it as the beginning of RSI, if you're wondering, but since it keeps getting worse and I can feel a knob where there shouldn't be one, I'm fairly sure it's not that :-P
It's probably not going to cause you any cancer if you wait until October 6th, but I'd get it looked at and taken care of ASAP.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm so tired of hearing women speak.

I know it's not true, but damnit, so many of us sound the exact freaking same. I'll be walking around campus on the way to the library hearing conversations and they all sound the same:

"It's just like... I don't know, like, I'm like, ready for, I guess, a break?"

"Like, I know he didn't mean it but, like, I don't think it was fair?"

"I guess I thought it would be, like, easier or something?"

"They should just, like, I don't know, try harder?"

IT'S CALLED A GODDAMN DECLARATIVE SENTENCE. Where in the hell did so many people learn to speak this way? Where are they getting it?! And it's almost never guys. Sometimes, but not as often. It's just so irritating. :mad2:

Gusto

Gusto

I think that might be a deep-rooted validation seeking speech system. They ask everything like it's a question without it actually BEING a question, because they want someone to follow it up with a "Yeah."

Certainly in the sorts of dialogue you're overhearing, that seems like the sort of thing where you wanna seek advice or at least make sure the person is listening by soliciting a response, even subconciously.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe. Sometimes, to me it feels like people don't want to be seen as "too smart" or overconfident... as if being sure of yourself is an undesirable attribute or something.

There are sometimes when it makes sense--- if you actually aren't sure of something. "I think he's in.... Kansas? I don't remember." You're actually asking. Maybe someone else remembers. Everyone does that. I dunno. I don't feel very forgiving right now. I've just been bombarded with it lately, and I'm starting to wonder how professors deal with it every day.

Gusto

Gusto

PERHAPS

Nowadays I speak with great authority, even though I often have to correct myself.

AT LEAST I'M SORTA CONFIDENT

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Correcting yourself just means that you were listening to yourself. Some people don't. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

P.S.--Your caps are simply oozing confidence.

Gusto

Gusto

I ooze all kindsa things. ;)

...Wait, that's not right...

Cajungal

Cajungal

:wtf:

Gusto

Gusto

:awesome:?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

:sowsuser::aaahhh:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It's good not to be too declarative, because shitheads will call you a liar if you're wrong otherwise.

We can trade people who we're annoyed with, but I don't think we'd like each other's any more than the ones we already have.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's good not to be too declarative, because shitheads will call you a liar if you're wrong otherwise.

We can trade people who we're annoyed with, but I don't think we'd like each other's any more than the ones we already have.
The peeves are always less peevier on the other side.

And I'd rather be thought of as a liar than a conversational weenie.

Gusto

Gusto

Well I DO declare!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The peeves are always less peevier on the other side.

And I'd rather be thought of as a liar than a conversational weenie.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what people think, but calling me a liar for not being sure, to my face, is a good way to piss me off. So I make sure to put "I think" at the beginning if I'm unsure, and just say "I don't know" if I really have no clue, rather than guessing like people around want to nudge others into doing (and then call you a liar if wrong).

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Oh, absolutely. If someone thinks I'm stating a fact and it's an opinion, I'll amend that. Boy, can I bullshit, though. I guess all the time. But then I use the Imprerative, "Don't quote me." :p

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Stupid wireless router went out this afternoon while I was at work. Had to spend money that I didn't want to spend for a new one.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I am all sorts of declarative. And sometimes exclamatory!

Work was busy busy today getting things wrapped up for the golf tournament we are holding for some of our top clients on Thursday and I ended up having to stay late to get some non-golf things taken care of that needed to be done by tomorrow. Oh well. At least on Thursday I'll have a nice quiet day in the office without any bosses around. :awesome:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mannnn. The little girl in my class who I thought was pretty awesome turned out to be a kiss-ass who's gunning for my job as teacher. I hate that. Those kids are more annoying to me than the disruptive ones.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I might have broken my foot doing kung fu last week. Oops.

makare

that sucks.

the asbestos thing too.

*kisses*

makare

As I was leaving my dormitory this morning the chick at the desk said to me, "oh hey michelle someone told me something about you." Uh what? "But I can't remember what it was hmmm I guess if it had been important I would have told you right away right. hahaha"

hahaha. wtf?!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yay, retarded people!

phil

phil

It's hard to work with other creative people sometimes. I don't know how to explain that weird things, well made things, and profitable things are not all the same.

Baerdog

Baerdog

The doctor never called me today with my x-ray results like he said he would.

makare

The doctor never called me today with my x-ray results like he said he would.
I told you.. fap fap fap.

makare

http://www.halforums.com/forum/t13806-11/#post438203

and then my mom completely destroys my self-esteem. Thanks mom... ya putz.

sigh it is 6 am and I have bang bang chitty chitty bang bang in my head.

wtf seriously!?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bleh. Had a wonderful weekend, actually. Jake cooked for me, I got all my work done early, I cooked a big hot breakfast for us and then we went for a little drive and enjoyed the afternoon... lots of laughing, lots of talking, lots of happy lazy times.

But Sunday nights are stupid, and I hate them. I know in my head that it's not that bad; I know better than to wallow in self-pity over a situation that could be tougher. But it's gonna be SO nice when I can think "I'd like to see Jake" on a Wednesday, and that thought won't end with, "oh well."

figmentPez

figmentPez

Grrr, either GOG.com is pulling some sort of annoying publicity stunt, or the internet is about to loose it's premiere source for legal DRM-free games. Thread: GOG.com is gone?

What a crappy way to end a perfectly nice Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Null

Null

The new antibiotic I'm on made me vomit in the middle of eating a yogurt. Ugh.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Uuugh this fucking cat. He's a spoiled douchenozzle and my roommate's gf never punishes him for fucking anything. He's taken to coming into my room a lot, which usually is fine, but he also likes to use the side of my mattress as an anchor for his claws when he stretches/kneads. I swear I'm the only person in this apartment who makes him know when he's doing something he shouldn't. Little bastard almost knocked shit off my desk multiple times now in search of leftovers when he knows I've been eating fish, too.

I hate cats.

makare

Meh dogs are just as much a pain in the ass... also, kids.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Meh dogs are just as much a pain in the ass... also, kids.
Never had these issues with a dog I've owned once they were trained. Or any dog I've interacted with on a consistent basis, come to think of it.

Edit: Obviously the previous rant and this post here are based off of my opinions based on my interactions with cats and dogs. I've been around two cats that I didn't hate, don't know why they weren't enormous bastards but there you go.

makare

My dogs are "trained" but they are also devious little shits. My border collie is incredibly well behaved. But if we had chicken and there are chicken bones in the garbage she WILL dig through the garbage to get them. She can't resist. My pitbull/german shepherd still chews up chair legs sometimes and anything leather. My springer/lab is just plain naughty, she knows she is being naughty too that is what chaps my ass. My chocolate lab behaves pretty well she is just an asshole.

I don't know anyone who doesn't have some kind of issue with their dog at some point. My cats are perfectly behaved. Although for the sake of fairness I will say that my Evil misbehaving cat died last spring. He was also a jerk.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

This is where the cat person / dog person thing starts, I suppose. I think most of it comes from feeling like I have to take care of these cats because the roommates ignore them for the most part, save for once or twice a day. I'd never own a cat myself, so it just makes me dislike the idea even more.

makare

I love cats. I prefer them to dogs but I love dogs too. I've never understood the cat person/dog person dichotomy.

Let's just call it what it is though, your roommate is a lousy pet owner. Even if you would like a cat the frustration of the situation keeps you from it and that sucks. It is kind of a nuisance but if you put double sided tape on the mattress it might stop the clawing and everything else you catch it doing spray bottle him. It's really not the cats fault the owner is negligent. So spray the owner too.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I hate this place - not Halforums, just this area that I live in. I need to leave this year, before my hatred for my own race makes a permanent mark on me. GAH!

*rage abating*

Phew, I still need to get outta here.

Terrik

Terrik

I thought about putting this under "rant" rants but after some consideration, I felt that I'm it only qualifies as "not so series".

OK!

So the last few months have been somewhat...hectic? Depressing? Tumultuous?

Well maybe not any of those, not exactly.

A few months ago, my girlfriend of a long time and I broke it off. I was the one to do it because it really, truly seemed like the right thing to do, but I sure as hell didn't WANT to do it. I did it anyway because I felt that in the long run, I'd be better off. For the most part, I still feel that way, although the pain is still there, at times. After a while, I started to date someone else (as you may have seen in the Korea pictures I posted). I broke up with her on Saturday, partially because I felt she wanted to, but didn't want to say it herself. Suffice it to say, I actually believe we'll make better friends than anything else, but it still doesn't make me feel completely better. Because we were only together for about a month and a half, I believe we'll make that transitional rather easily.

So it's single again and as Mr_TheHun pointed out, it can be good to be single in China.

Still things never quite worked out quite the way I wanted them too. I'm going to do my best to chill. If anything I've come closer to figuring out what kind of girl I'm looking for and I have had some amazing experiences these last couple of months (wait till you see my Chang Bai Shan pictures). Thus, this only qualifies for a "minor rant".

On a positive note, I'm going out with some Russians tonight.

RUSSIANS!

Krisken

Krisken

I'm playing Diablo 2 again, this time with the Eastern Sun mod, and while facing Nihlathak my character dies. So I think to myself "Hey, I'll pick up my body and try again". So I pick up the body and before I can do anything I croak again. I figure I have no chance to beat him like this, so I restart the game, forgetting that my inventory was full at the time. So everything I had been wearing entered the void since it didn't have room on my person. All the crafted rings and amulets, the unique weapon which gave me a huge bonus, all of it. I'm lvl 58 and almost naked. ::sigh:: Time to go back to normal and work my way back to real equipment again.

Oh well, very minor rant.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

On a positive note, I'm going out with some Russians tonight.

RUSSIANS!
Russia: the only place where model agencies send people to stand in random streets to look for new models.

Good luck tonight!

drifter

drifter

Undercooked!? What the fuck, man. :p

Krisken

Krisken

Undercooked!? What the fuck, man. :p
Don't listen, man. That shit was perfect. God would eat that steak and say "Damn, that is nice!"

Gusto

Gusto

Krisken's new name doesn't sound at all like a tasty snack food. :(

Element 117

It sounds like a drink at a discotheque. Or a b movie detective name if you add it to krisken.

On topic: drifter got ROBBED. ROBBED I TELL YOU.

Krisken

Krisken

Krisken will be back someday. For now he went away and left me in his place. It's either that or go the way of Calleja.

Element 117

Stalking cougars at Starbucks?

More on topic: fade's post in the epic win thread will bug me for days way more than anything anyone else who has tried will.

Null

Null

I'm playing Diablo 2 again, this time with the Eastern Sun mod, and while facing Nihlathak my character dies. So I think to myself "Hey, I'll pick up my body and try again". So I pick up the body and before I can do anything I croak again. I figure I have no chance to beat him like this, so I restart the game, forgetting that my inventory was full at the time. So everything I had been wearing entered the void since it didn't have room on my person. All the crafted rings and amulets, the unique weapon which gave me a huge bonus, all of it. I'm lvl 58 and almost naked. ::sigh:: Time to go back to normal and work my way back to real equipment again.

Having just started playing Diablo II (Lord of Destruction, I'm in Act II) I feel your pain.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Having just started playing Diablo II (Lord of Destruction, I'm in Act II) I feel your pain.[/QUOTE]

.... fuck you guys... now I'ma have to dig out my installation discs when I get home. At 5 in the morning.

phil

phil

I totally want to get a party together and go raiding.

Krisken

Krisken

I am quite pleased my minor rant became a win. :)

Officer Charon, you can not escape Diablo's call. He is a persistent one.

Null

Null

The dual swing option for Barbarians is pretty sweet with a magic Claymore in each hand.

phil

phil

That's.... What she said?

Gusto

Gusto

Goddamn am I gonna start playing D2 again?

phil

phil

Call necro!

Gusto

Gusto

FUCK.

If I play I'll call fireSorc.

makare

gahhh my family is so embarrassing.

this is intolerable.

Krisken

Krisken

Do tell!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I am probably going to have to miss out on these D2 shenanigans because I Lon't have LoD :|

makare

nope this one im keeping pretty close to the vest. lest i embarrass myself.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well at the end of the day, it's their embarrassment, not yours. Can't help who your family is... not that I want you to divulge something that would make you uncomfortable.

phil

phil

FUCK.

If I play I'll call fireSorc.
Gustooo

Teleport to baal's chamber and use a town portal. Fuuuuuuck this is taking so long.

Shit what if I go poison nova just cause I can? That would be so much fun!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Paladins were here. All others are small-time.

makare

Ok in my family law class the room is divided in half. Each side has an assigned leader who then assigns cases to be recited each week. It is my rows turn to recite next week and I got my assignment which includes 2 cases. I was not happy about having to recite 2 cases but fuck it, what ya gonna do? Well my friend andrea, who sits next to me, also received her assignment and is also reciting on 2 cases. She noticed, however, that the chick who assigns these cases and two of her friends only have to recite on 1 case. Am I wrong or is that some serious bullshit right there?

It doesn't help that the prof in that class scares the crap out of me and every time I stand to recite there is always the chance I will merely piss myself and run screaming from the room. I am not really mad about it but I am pretty sure that had I been the leader I wouldn't have cut myself and Andrea slack just because we are friends. But maybe I would have. It would still be wrong though.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Since I moved to College Station just last month I've been meeting new people. Desiring to kick off my love life, I went to Craigslist just to see what was out there. Most of the personals seemed fairly normal. They were mostly just people like me who wanted to socialize a bit more. Then, out of morbid curiosity, I clicked on the "casual encounters" section and replied to a couple of them. Must... wash away... sleazy feeling. The dirt... it won't come off!

Let's just say that when one of those characters wants "SM" they don't necessarily mean "single male."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Since I moved to College Station just last month I've been meeting new people. Desiring to kick off my love life, I went to Craigslist just to see what was out there. Most of the personals seemed fairly normal. They were mostly just people like me who wanted to socialize a bit more. Then, out of morbid curiosity, I clicked on the "casual encounters" section and replied to a couple of them. Must... wash away... sleazy feeling. The dirt... it won't come off!

Let's just say that when one of those characters wants "SM" they don't necessarily mean "single male."
and the problem is...?

BD is a bit more fun than SM, though.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I don't want my first date in College Station to involve me waking up in somebody's dungeon.

makare

You pussy.

Krisken

Krisken

I don't want my first date in College Station to involve me waking up in somebody's dungeon.
bah, you can handle it. You are, after all, IronBrig!

figmentPez

figmentPez

ARGH! How stupid! What the hell is the point of following people on Twitter when not all of their tweets show up in your feed? I thought that following people would make it easier to keep up with them tweeting, but for some reason I can't fathom when they tweet @ someone, it doesn't show up on my homepage. I want to see those tweets, so I still have to go around to each individual twitter page, so why did I bother following any of them?

makare

you could get a program for it. i use spaz. it is good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My brother was going to come visit me today. He canceled, because his band called an emergency practice. I miss him. :'(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I miss my bro too, CJ, at least you live somewhat near him though. :awesome:

So I told myself I wasn't going to drink again until the party I'm going to at the end of October. I tend to spiral to depression faster when I drink, and lately I've been overdoing it and getting full-on blackout almost every time I imbibe at a party/gathering.

Yet, here I am with a six-pack on a work night. I am weak.

I worry I have a problem.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I just shut down my FB. I don't feel connected to any of my "friends" so it seems like a huge waste of time even bothering to go there, but, the real problem is outside of the nets. Nobody wants to socialize or hang out anymore, I'm not involved in their plans when they do. My new resolve is to find better friends. :confused:

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ugh..new birth control is giving me the worst tummy ever.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It's probably just morning sickness...

LittleSin

LittleSin

It's probably just morning sickness...[/QUOTE]

Don't even joke.

I'm not ready to do that again...especially if I have another baby that needs multiple surgeries.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Don't even joke.

I'm not ready to do that again...especially if I have another baby that needs multiple surgeries.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the joke. From a family that I know that went through a similar situation... it is uncommon to happen and uncommon to happen more than once in the same family. It happened with identical twin girls. Only one had the cleft, and the family had the doctor put similar scar/stitches on the one with out, so they would grow up not knowing which one had the cleft palate.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Don't even joke.

I'm not ready to do that again...especially if I have another baby that needs multiple surgeries.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the joke. From a family that I know that went through a similar situation... it is uncommon to happen and uncommon to happen more than once in the same family. It happened with identical twin girls. Only one had the cleft, and the family had the doctor put similar scar/stitches on the one with out, so they would grow up not knowing which one had the cleft palate.[/QUOTE]

That;s actually kinda sweet.

I may be over reacting. I would do it over again. Just not yet. I need more time. :)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Don't even joke.

Sorry for the joke. From a family that I know that went through a similar situation... it is uncommon to happen and uncommon to happen more than once in the same family. It happened with identical twin girls. Only one had the cleft, and the family had the doctor put similar scar/stitches on the one with out, so they would grow up not knowing which one had the cleft palate.[/QUOTE]

So, the doctor mutilated one of the twins to spare the other's feelings later on? I don't find that sweet at all. That actually sounds a little monstrous.

makare

Don't even joke.

So, the doctor mutilated one of the twins to spare the other's feelings later on? I don't find that sweet at all. That actually sounds a little monstrous.[/QUOTE]

gotta go with frank on that one.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Yeah, thirded.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Fourthed. I know the scars eventually go away. One of my friends was born with a hare-lip but you can hardly tell now. Still, it just seems a bit drastic to do that to the other twin.

Bones

Bones

as a man of science I will make five, and add, that doctor needed to be brought up for review...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

so a simple scar and stitches is monstrous? to keep a child from being an object of bullies...

makare

so a simple scar and stitches is monstrous? to keep a child from being an object of bullies...
disfiguring one kid to save another is pretty monstrous, yes.

Baerdog

Baerdog

disfiguring one kid to save another is pretty monstrous, yes.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, pretty much what makare said.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yeah, pretty much what makare said.[/QUOTE]

ITT: Baer needlessly quotes makare

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So, instead of having one child bothered by bullies, you think it's better to cut into another child's face so they can be as well?

That's fucking nuts.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Memo to self: never mention twin brother's testicular cancer to that doctor. :Leyla:

makare

Memo to self: never mention twin brother's testicular cancer to that doctor. :Leyla:
haha. I lold.

Baerdog

Baerdog

haha. I lold.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Oh, and those twins where one was monstrously disfigured on purpose, were the Captain and Lieutenant of the cheer-leading squad a large, rich school. also the kids were from a pretty poor family.

makare

I don't care if one goes on to be president. It is still a seriously messed up thing to do.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Oh, and those twins where one was monstrously disfigured on purpose, were the Captain and Lieutenant of the cheer-leading squad a large, rich school. also the kids were from a pretty poor family.
I'm sure they would have become cheerleaders anyway. That doesn't change what the doctor did.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm sure they would have become cheerleaders anyway. That doesn't change what the doctor did.[/QUOTE]

Just trying to let you guys know you are overreacting.

Monstrous is rape and murder.... the extermination of the Jews... and being sure that twin sisters would bond and not let one be a victim.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Yeah, pretty much what makare said.[/QUOTE]

ITT: Baer needlessly quotes makare[/QUOTE]

ITT: GrinningIdiot needlessly quotes sixpackshaker.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So, you're now attributing their success to the fact that a doctor carved into a babies face for symmetry's sake?

makare

I don't think so. Parents should do their best to protect their kids and AVOID scars. Not actively seek them out.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So, you're now attributing their success to the fact that a doctor carved into a babies face for symmetry's sake?[/QUOTE]

No, that it did not affect their appearance. Since head cheerleaders are normally one of the prettiest girls in a school.

Krisken

Krisken

I think this is a 'road to hell/good intentions' kind of thing. While the doctor certainly had good intentions in mind, he was unethical in what he did. Scarring one child to spare another is not the right choice to make.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I'm sure they were mature for their age, though...

amidoinitrite?
I dunno. I was 13 at the time, they were 18...

Shakey

Shakey

I guess I won't be getting the loan I wanted to buy my house. I have great credit and the ability to make the payments, but apparently not having proof of rental payments for the last year is a deal breaker. I could get a loan from another bank, but the interest rate is higher than I'd like. I'll probably just end up doing a contract for deed for a year or so, and refinance it then. Hopefully interest rates don't go up too much during that time. Not really what I had hoped for.

Gusto

Gusto

I have great credit and the ability to make the payments

Shakey

Shakey

:D

I don't think I can ever change my avatar again. All of my rep except for one was given to me because of it.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I guess I won't be getting the loan I wanted to buy my house. I have great credit and the ability to make the payments, but apparently not having proof of rental payments for the last year is a deal breaker. I could get a loan from another bank, but the interest rate is higher than I'd like. I'll probably just end up doing a contract for deed for a year or so, and refinance it then. Hopefully interest rates don't go up too much during that time. Not really what I had hoped for.
Gotta keep those big receipts, dancing guy.

As I noticed in the atheist thread, sixpack's missing a couple cans.

Shakey

Shakey

No receipts to save. The house I'm buying is owned by my parents. I've haven't been paying rent, just paying to fix up the house. It hadn't been lived in for at least 25 years before I moved in. Lots of stuff to fix...

If I had known it would be an issue I would have paid rent, and had them pay for the repairs.

Vagabond

V.Bond

It's a little after 10:30 on a Friday night and all I want to do is sleep.

So that sucks.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Vagoo you are turning into an old man. Maybe you can sit on your rocking chair with Dave later and talk about how things used to be so much better.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Whatus the fuckus? Advent calendars on sale in September?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Maybe they are for practice?

I mean, that sounds like a delicious idea!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Silver Jelly; gets a chocolate just for waking up.

Because he's good enough, he's smart enough, and gosh darn it people like Frenchmen.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, my surname does mean "little frenchmen" in italian...

Null

Null

Couldn't get my tickets to for the train to ValleyCon today because I had to "lend" my dad money to avoid having his power shut off.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Raneto?

Null

Null

Raneto?[/QUOTE]

I get it!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I don't :(

Also, I have to admit, it actually means "Little gauls". And "little cocks" (as in the animal), but I'd rather not use that translation :pout:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So your surname means baby chickens? That is just so cute!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My full name would mean:

Name: Free Man
Second name: Man (Edit: I just watched it on the internet and it says it means "army man". All these years living a lie!)
First surname: Little gauls / Little roosters
Second surname: Curved Valley.

fade

fade

"I'm American, baby. Our names don't mean shit."

Null

Null

My full name would mean:

Second name: Man (Edit: I just watched it on the internet and it says it means "army man". All these years living a lie!)
Little Rooster and Curved Valley? Oh my.

Anyway, renato is the diminuative of ranocchio. You can guess what that means in Italian.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

We have two TVs in the living room. Basically, a gaming TV and a movie TV. The gaming TV is directly in front of a comfy armchair, the movie TV in front of the couch. We set it up so that one person can play Xbox360 while another plays Wii or watches a movie on the DVD player. I came home the other day and my roommate had switched the 360 over to the other TV. My other roommate and I, therefore, were relegated to watching him play Fallout 3 all day.
"We should get another DVD player" he told me
"Why?" I asked
"So then we could hook it up to that TV and if someone is using this TV you can watch a movie on that one."
"We had that already. You changed it."

Also note that for some inexplicable reason, while he was back there behind the entertainment unit he unplugged the audio cables for the DVD player (but not the video). AND he also unplugged the PS2 and original Xbox from the gaming TV.

That night, I cleaned the kitchen. The next morning:
Same roommate: "Where's the waffle iron?"
Me: "I cleaned the kitchen and put it away."
Roommate: "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"
(Because the kitchen was filthy, the counter was covered in waffle batter, and things go away when you're done with them.)

He's not a bad guy, and actually along with me he is normally the vocal champion of keeping the house cleaned. But that was really irritating.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Hmm.

*smack smack*

Yeah, my burps taste quite awful today. I wonder why?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Little Rooster and Curved Valley? Oh my.
INNUENDO?? XD

Anyway, renato is the diminuative of ranocchio. You can guess what that means in Italian.
No it isn't! Renato means born again (re-nato)! The diminutive of ranocchio would be ranina, ranetta, narochietto, ranochiettino and some other usually longer versions of the word!

Or is this some weird slang? Because I can understand italians using the word ranocchio to talk about frenchmen...

Null

Null

Fuck. It's raneto, not renato. Dammit. I always fucking do that - transpose letters.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Ok, Ranetto is also a diminutive of frog.

You win this time!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Glad I'm goin back to Baton Rouge today. Mom's gonna be in a foul mood all day because of the Saints losing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oy. I see an article that says "Midlife Crisis Begins at 30." All the while these girls I know are going on about their "quarter life crisis." Can't we just all agree that taking stock of our lives and being dissatisfied with some aspects are things we do every day until someone plants us or burns our remains?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Can't we just all agree that taking stock of our lives and being dissatisfied with some aspects are things we do every day until someone plants us or burns our remains?
We could call it "life crisis"

Espy

Espy

We could call it "life".

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

the way that I am living, I am getting close to my 3/4's life crisis....

Hylian

Hylian

I so want to kill my cat today. He kept jumping on my alarm clock and sitting on it. But when he sat on it he would end up turning the damn thing on. He must have set the stupid alarm off at least 8 times last night. By the morning I was ready to strangle him.

makare

that's why i dont let my cats in the room when im sleeping. That and the fact that Foster would knead and lick me all night and Gwennie gets an inch away from my face and purrs loud enough to wake the dead.

They can sleep in the living room.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Foster would lick me all night
:awesome:

makare

but i don't wanna be nommed >.<

ok my rant is I have been having these horrible dreams lately. My dreams, as anyone from irc knows whether they want to or not, are usually bizarre and often horrific. But lately, they have been waking up in a cold sweat kind of dreams. They are really making it hard to have a good night sleep. The other thing I hate is that often the dreams themselves are innocuous but the feelings I have during them are where the horror is.

Like last night I dreamed that I was staying in this huge mansion, so far so good. I wanted to take a bath but I couldn't because there were all these animals everywhere. Piglets, kitties, puppies, bunnies etc were just everywhere and I kept trying to get them out of the bathroom so I could bathe. Not that it mattered because the tub was full of moray eels!

Now at worst this sounds.. wacky but in the dream it was horrifying and frustrating. I have been under a lot of stress lately and I guess that is coming out in my dreams. I just wish that if a dream were going to be horrifying it would be actually horrifying not inexplicably horrifying. I've had many a dream about eviscerated corpses or being chased by serial killers, let me dream about that if Im going to be scared. Don't make me scared of bunnies!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Don't make me scared of bunnies!
Follow. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

makare

nah this really is just an ordinary rabbit.

no trix.

(hehe)

Adam

Adammon

My mother and I have a relationship that can be best summed up as "She gave birth to me." Always contentious, always filled with acrimony. Her close proximity and her exasperating "I'm not going to tell you what I'm mad about, I'm just going to be mad until you apologize" attitude have led to many years taken off of my life in stress. Being the resident computer nerd also means that I'm at her beck and call for computer related issues.

My cell phone went off at work today, I recognized the number as my brothers so I pick it up right away. And it's my mom, not realizing that I've picked up already saying "Well, I don't have to like him."

When I ask why she doesn't have to like me, she's surprised I heard and tries to joke it off. I press the issue a bit more and she tells me not to be so cranky. And then asks me to come out and fix her computer with something.

I am Jack's complete lack of enthusiasm.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I hope you said 'no' to her request.

Adam

Adammon

I hope you said 'no' to her request.
Alas no. I try to maintain some kind of peace in the family. I will call her a bitch when I get there though - her response dictates how we move forward. I may not receive a free dinner.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

That's, well, I feel for you man. That's a lot like my relationship with my dad, only instead of contempt, all I get is disappointment.

Parents, huh?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We have two TVs in the living room. Basically, a gaming TV and a movie TV. The gaming TV is directly in front of a comfy armchair, the movie TV in front of the couch. We set it up so that one person can play Xbox360 while another plays Wii or watches a movie on the DVD player. I came home the other day and my roommate had switched the 360 over to the other TV. My other roommate and I, therefore, were relegated to watching him play Fallout 3 all day.
"We should get another DVD player" he told me
"Why?" I asked
"So then we could hook it up to that TV and if someone is using this TV you can watch a movie on that one."
"We had that already. You changed it."

Also note that for some inexplicable reason, while he was back there behind the entertainment unit he unplugged the audio cables for the DVD player (but not the video). AND he also unplugged the PS2 and original Xbox from the gaming TV.

That night, I cleaned the kitchen. The next morning:
Same roommate: "Where's the waffle iron?"
Me: "I cleaned the kitchen and put it away."
Roommate: "WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?"
(Because the kitchen was filthy, the counter was covered in waffle batter, and things go away when you're done with them.)

He's not a bad guy, and actually along with me he is normally the vocal champion of keeping the house cleaned. But that was really irritating.
You know, any of those systems but the Wii can play a DVD. You and your other roommate could've just removed one and put it on the other TV.

Cajungal

Cajungal

We could call it "life".
NO SHIT. THANK YOU, BABY-MAN.

Goddamnit, I could punch through a crowd of puppies today, I'm so pissed. Just a crappy damn week. I'm so emotional I almost cried while reading the kids the end of Charlotte's Web. I admire White for ending a children's book chapter with "No one was with her when she died." It's powerful, but Christ, I just wasn't in a proper state to read it today. Bad Leslie. Good book, though. Enjoyed reading it again overall.

Null

Null

"I could punch through a crowd of puppies" is the sort of sentence I love to steal and use later.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You can have it.

makare

There is a chick on my floor whose hair looks like a wig. That isn't a bad thing. My rant is that I am confused because I can't tell the difference. Curse you oh mysterious wig hair maybe girl! Also, if that isn't a wig what on earth is she doing to her hair?

2nd rant

Dave doesn't appreciate me. why Dave why!?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Leon's string broke. I was in the middle of learning a new song. :waah:

Frank

Frankie Williamson

My full name would mean:

Frank means free man as well. We're naming convention buddies.

Null

Null

Leon's string broke. I was in the middle of learning a new song. :waah:

Gusto

Gusto

Kevin is an Irish name meaning "good/honest/handsome birth".

I guess I'll take it.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You know, any of those systems but the Wii can play a DVD. You and your other roommate could've just removed one and put it on the other TV.
Actually, the XBox doesn't play DVDs, the PS2 is his, and he doesn't want DVDs played on it. Ironically, his Wii is hacked, and is used for watching movies (via USB) just as much as the DVD player is.

That is entirely besides the point however. We shouldn't have to rearrange what was unanimously agreed upon when we moved in because he wants to sit on the couch while he plays fallout instead of sitting on his chair. (the chair which is awkwardly placed directly in front of the doorway because he wanted it there so he could sit in it and play the 360, and anytime we moved it he put it back. Yeah.)

Yes, we could move the entertainment unit out to access the AV cables and switch things around while he's playing, and just watch movies on the other TV. But that's why this is a minor rant. We shouldn't have to switch stuff back to how it was is the point.

Incidentally, my other roommate and I switched the 360 back to the other TV, and he switched it back as soon as he got home.

I'm just glad I can watch movies in my room.

makare

checkeredhat assert your dominance! Don't let him take control of things!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Had a nosebleed while asleep. Woke up with a nasty-looking stain on my pillow (and it's a good pillow, too!) and my hands striped with dried blood from instinctively wiping my nose.

Annoying.

Null

Null

Is the couch his? If not, move it.

Gusto

Gusto

Had a nosebleed while asleep. Woke up with a nasty-looking stain on my pillow (and it's a good pillow, too!) and my hands striped with dried blood from instinctively wiping my nose.

Annoying.
Be glad you didn't sneeze. That's a nightmare.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I always get those in the winter, the air is so dry my nose dries out and then cracks. Blech.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Annoying.
Be glad you didn't sneeze. That's a nightmare.[/QUOTE]

Well Detective, it looks as though some one committed a shot-gun suicide here, but we can find no body...

Shakey

Shakey

That made me think of

Haven't watched those videos in a long time.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

So I've been looking for a video card as my Radeon 9550 is kind of out of date. The problem is, I'm rather short on funds, so I've been watching auctions on E-bay. Saw what I THOUGHT was a good deal, until I read the full discription. the card was priced at .99 with only 1 bid, however the shipping was set to $250.00. This isn't international shipping (the seller is in PA).

So what is the purpose of this? To trick people who think they are getting a good deal that no one else saw? I don't get it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The trick is to report the seller.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Done, it even has it's own catagory. Thanks for the suggestion Sixpack.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Kevin is an Irish name meaning "good/honest/handsome birth".

I guess I'll take it.
The direct translation is apparently "handsome beloved". It could be worse.

Gusto

Gusto

My parents must not have known I'd be such an uggo.

Piotyr

Piotyr

My parents must not have known I'd be such an uggo.
You and me both, sir.

makare

My name means "one who is like God". I'll just let that one soak in.

Adam

Adammon

My name means "one who is like God". I'll just let that one soak in.
My name is Adam. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. ;)

Gusto

Gusto

What audacity!

makare

What does Adam mean?

Ok I looked it up.. it means "of the earth"

Also nothing about you can impress me since you are a ginger. You are exempt.

Adam

Adammon

What does Adam mean?

Ok I looked it up.. it means "of the earth"

Also nothing about you can impress me since you are a ginger. You are exempt.

See the guy on the left? That's me. Touching God. I am, by definition, the progenitor of the human race.

makare

Sorry Im all about evolution. You mean nothing to me.

Adam

Adammon

So being proud of being 'like god' really means that you're just a unkempt bearded fellow that shoots lightning bolts out your ass? Or is it one of those "I only believe when it benefits me" things?

That's not to say Michelle isn't a pretty name or anything. But I think the purpose of "like god" was meant for the name Michael, not Michelle. Silly people having girls and giving them boys names!

makare

So being proud of being 'like god' really means that you're just a unkempt bearded fellow that shoots lightning bolts out your ass? Or is it one of those "I only believe when it benefits me" things?[/QUOTE]

I don't really want to get into this kind of argument for real but it IS possible to believe in God without believing the Judeo-Christian Michelangelo version of God.

Adam

Adammon

So being proud of being 'like god' really means that you're just a unkempt bearded fellow that shoots lightning bolts out your ass? Or is it one of those "I only believe when it benefits me" things?[/QUOTE]

I don't really want to get into this kind of argument for real but it IS possible to believe in God without believing the Judeo-Christian Michelangelo version of God.[/QUOTE]

Even the Quran has Adam as the first human (made of the earth).

makare

I don't believe in the origin of people as described by holy books.

Adam

Adammon

I don't believe in the origin of people as described by holy books.
You don't have to believe it to appreciate the sexiness of my image on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel, small penis and all.

makare

Sorry, Im to busy being like God to admire you.

Adam

Adammon

Sorry, Im to busy being like God to admire you.
You don't even want to pull my finger?

makare

No but I might stay on my cloud and reach my hand out and say, im not touching you im not touching im not touching you

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I don't really want to get into this kind of argument for real but it IS possible to believe in God without believing the Judeo-Christian Michelangelo version of God.[/QUOTE]

Even the Quran has Adam as the first human (made of the earth).[/QUOTE]

Same God, just no photo available.

Adam

Adammon

No but I might stay on my cloud and reach my hand out and say, im not touching you im not touching im not touching you
As long as you trim your beard, you can do whatever you want.

makare

It's just a prosthetic beard. No trimming! It's on loan.

Adam

Adammon

It's just a prosthetic beard. No trimming! It's on loan.
So what I'm hearing is you believe in intelligent design....of beards ;)

makare

For now.

Ask me in thirty years when my hormones go all wacky I might be able to grow my own by then.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Ew.

makare

*crop* don't ew God!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Christopher means something like 'one who follows Christ,' which I never have.

Garrett, my middle name, means 'spear-bearer.' Fuck yeah I'm a Dragoon~

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Oden formed the trunk of an Ash into the first man (Aske) and the Trunk of an Elm into the first woman (Embla). The noble Ash is the true progenitor of our race.