Milkshake Ducks - The official thread of falling from grace

To be perfectly honest the thought going through my head was " oh he was still alive? ".

I honestly thought he died like over a decade ago. I just never heard about him anymore.

figmentPez

Staff member
Twitter chose to show me this, because it thinks I retweet stuff like it.

He's an idiot. First, because most people don't drive Teslas. Second, if you've already bought a Tesla, are you just going to get rid of your car because Twitter is being mismanaged? This tweet makes no sense.

So, not only is Emu Girl racist, but she flagrantly disregarded several safety measures around avian flu, and likely bribed officials to get around saving her precious cash cow, er, emu. Long, detailed thread here.

I knew he had issues with alcohol. I didn’t know he was this bad, but at the same time I can’t say it’s a stunning turn of events.

Holy shit. I'm glad he's been discovered and charged and hope the trial means a conviction, but...wow. As far as I know, he didn't just voice Rick & Morty. He helped create many of the stories, too. Like, this would be like finding a replacement for Bill Cosby on the Cosby Show. Literally half of Rick & Morty's success is due to Roiland (for better or worse).

I'm still all in favor of his conviction, but holy shit, I don't foresee Rick & Morty surviving without him.

He was a LOT more involved early on, but he's been doing other stuff more now like those shows on Hulu and the video game.

GasBandit

Staff member
Aw jeez, Rick, maybe it's, y'know, time to just let the series end gracefully before it jumps the shark? Nobody likes the Simpsons anymore.

Yeah Morty, buUUUHHRRRt the Simpsons is still making SHIT TONS of money, and until that changes, RICK AND MORTY FOREVER FOR A HUNDRED YEARS

Aw jeez, Rick, maybe it's, y'know, time to just let the series end gracefully before it jumps the shark? Nobody likes the Simpsons anymore.

Yeah Morty, buUUUHHRRRt the Simpsons is still making SHIT TONS of money, and until that changes, RICK AND MORTY FOREVER FOR A HUNDRED YEARS
The Simpsons is and has been having something of a revival in the past few years, as a new generation of writers that grew up watching the show have come on and started writing for it. It's not the same kind of show anymore (how could it be? Everything transgressive about it in the 90's is mainstream now) but the writing is noticeably improved and it's become absolutely fierce in it's criticisms.

GasBandit

Staff member
So they knew and still did nothing? Or the WRITERS knew and didn't say anything? Or they told the brass and weren't believed?
My guess is WB split the difference. "Ok, we investigated and found you've got a valid gripe about Justin being a sex pest. But here's the thing - Rick and Morty is a FUCKING gold mine and we're not going to do ANYTHING to derail that. So here's the compromise. You SHUT THE FUCK UP about the whole thing, and Roiland does all his work from home, you never have to see him again, you keep your job, everybody makes money, win-win. GOT IT?"

So they knew and still did nothing? Or the WRITERS knew and didn't say anything? Or they told the brass and weren't believed?
Likely the first one. People are selfish, and they had what is a hit show in which Justin voices both title characters. They basically threw him out quietly but kept him on the voices because they didn't want to end the gravy train, hoping the actual accusations wouldn't become public. This is probably why Justin went off and made his gaming company.

The best thing they do is hire an imitator. Family Guy did this with Cleveland and you honestly can't tell the difference between him and the original voice actor.

As an aside though, considering it's Rick and Morty, it's one of the few shows where they could just open with Rick working on some device, Morty walks in and says something using archive recordings then the distracted Rick fires the device, hitting him, Morty, and all the characters voiced by Justin in the multiverse, and now they all have different voices. They could even do some meta humor about why it only affected those specific characters.

I mean, I'm not gonna say all shaved head tattoo'd metal guys are nazis, but Phil Anselmo ESPECIALLY looks like an extra from American History X.

figmentPez

Staff member
I realize that this is nothing new, but as someone who liked Hercules and Andromeda back in the day, I will still take very opportunity to point out that Kevin Sorbo is a fucking asshole. This is mustache twirling levels of evil:

Kevin Sorbo is an evil piece of shit.png