Milkshake Ducks - The official thread of falling from grace

Here's one I hadn't heard of before...Fred Savage, who has apparently been removed from 3 shows now in his life following complains of misconduct.

I often wonder why certain people don't get a lot of work and Fred Savage is one. Have to wonder what kind of douchbag he is.

Being a huge fan of Boy Meets World, I hope the apple falls very far from the tree in his brother, Ben Savage.

GasBandit

Staff member
If it wasn't for Keanu Reeves serving as a shining counterpoint, I might think that every single person in this world has a skeleton in their closet, some of them child skeletons.

If it wasn't for Keanu Reeves serving as a shining counterpoint, I might think that every single person in this world has a skeleton in their closet, some of them child skeletons.
I mean, probably. Shining paragons we are not. See: Jackbox Night

I often wonder why certain people don't get a lot of work and Fred Savage is one. Have to wonder what kind of douchbag he is.

Being a huge fan of Boy Meets World, I hope the apple falls very far from the tree in his brother, Ben Savage.
The huge irony of this is I remember there explicitly being an episode of Boy Meets World where Fred Savage (a college professor) sexually harasses Topanga and the college kind of drags their feet about doing anything about it.

I was gonna say, he's been racist a long time.
My mother is very meek, always looks for the good in people and seldom says an unkind word. But, she can be savagely quick and sarcastic. Once, I was reading an article that had Eric Clapton's line about "I used to be into drugs, now I'm into racism," and without missing a beat my mother said, "I guess that's why his band was called Cream."

He's an avid Trumper and shit too, big shock that he's a thieving piece of shit.

Red Rangers have a tough go at it, didn't one kill his room mate with a sword?

He's an avid Trumper and shit too, big shock that he's a thieving piece of shit.

That would be Ricardo Medina, aka Cole Evans from Wild Force and Dekar from Samurai. He's done 6 years, for voluntary manslaughter. He got out in 2020.

I wish we would stop saying these people are "Trumpers" at this point. Time to skip all the cult crap and get to the root of what they are- FASCISTS.

Hey now, Hitlerists.
Hitler was a fascist.
All Hitlerism is Fascism, but not all Fascism is Hitlerism.
They are not emulating and glorifying Hitler because they think Hitler (himself) was a great fellow and they wish to subscribe to his beliefs, they are idolizing Hitler because they view him as a role model and exemplar of their (fascist) beliefs.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Ezra Miller has gone from "haha, he gets in bar fights" to: As Ezra Miller grooming allegations deepen, court ‘cannot locate or serve’ the actor

I have no idea what side to come down on in this.

On one hand: A restraining order against Miller accuses him of “psychologically manipulating, physically intimidating and endangering the safety and welfare of Tokata Iron Eyes". They (non-binary are 18 and Miller is 29, but they first met when 12 and 23, and allegations of abuse go back to at least when the alleged victim was 14.

Among the allegations are, "giving Tokata alcohol and drugs, such as marijuana and LSD, and flying Tokata to London, Vermont, New York, California and Hawaii", "tried to sleep in the same bed as the then-14-year-old Tokata and was prevented from doing so by a chaperone", using multiple social media accounts “to threaten and gaslight any victims and truth from coming out.”

On the other hand: Tokata has publicly denied that they are a victim, says they are thankful for Miller's support, and says their parent's actions are transphobic. So, while I'm inclined to be harsh on anyone who is abusing children, I also know that abusive parents know how to spin a story to make it sound like anyone helping their child is the real abuser.

This could be a trans-teen who is trying to escape bigoted parents through an adult in their lives who was supportive, or it could be a child who was groomed for years and is now lying to protect their abuser.

Either way, Miller just keeps stirring up drama, and seems to be really dumb about the way he does it.

Ezra Miller has gone from "haha, he gets in bar fights" to: As Ezra Miller grooming allegations deepen, court ‘cannot locate or serve’ the actor

I have no idea what side to come down on in this.

On one hand: A restraining order against Miller accuses him of “psychologically manipulating, physically intimidating and endangering the safety and welfare of Tokata Iron Eyes". They (non-binary are 18 and Miller is 29, but they first met when 12 and 23, and allegations of abuse go back to at least when the alleged victim was 14.

Among the allegations are, "giving Tokata alcohol and drugs, such as marijuana and LSD, and flying Tokata to London, Vermont, New York, California and Hawaii", "tried to sleep in the same bed as the then-14-year-old Tokata and was prevented from doing so by a chaperone", using multiple social media accounts “to threaten and gaslight any victims and truth from coming out.”

On the other hand: Tokata has publicly denied that they are a victim, says they are thankful for Miller's support, and says their parent's actions are transphobic. So, while I'm inclined to be harsh on anyone who is abusing children, I also know that abusive parents know how to spin a story to make it sound like anyone helping their child is the real abuser.

This could be a trans-teen who is trying to escape bigoted parents through an adult in their lives who was supportive, or it could be a child who was groomed for years and is now lying to protect their abuser.

Either way, Miller just keeps stirring up drama, and seems to be really dumb about the way he does it.
Based on Miller's other completely insane actions and behavior, I'm more inclined to believe the 2nd.

figmentPez

Staff member
Based on Miller's other completely insane actions and behavior, I'm more inclined to believe the 2nd.
I'm more inclined to believe Miller is the abuser, as well (and damn me for having that one sentence in the entire post flip the order of the two), but I don't think I can be certain without more knowledge.

I completely agree with Mr. Atkinson, and interpreting "cancel culture" as only oppressed minorities daring to speak up is completely disingeneous. Some people on"Both sides" are trying to silence people on the other end of the political spectrum, and it being reduced to two sides IS a large part of the problem.
It's certainly more problematic when the powerful try to silence the oppressed, obviously. But - certainly online - there's also a movement on the left to silence anyone who dares question some aspects of a sometimes runaway faux-progressivism.

GasBandit

Staff member
I completely agree with Mr. Atkinson, and interpreting "cancel culture" as only oppressed minorities daring to speak up is completely disingeneous. Some people on"Both sides" are trying to silence people on the other end of the political spectrum, and it being reduced to two sides IS a large part of the problem.
It's certainly more problematic when the powerful try to silence the oppressed, obviously. But - certainly online - there's also a movement on the left to silence anyone who dares question some aspects of a sometimes runaway faux-progressivism.
It's a complicated issue because:

Pointing out that the right invented cancel culture (shunning things not christian/conservative enough) hasn't really gotten much traction outside of the US that I've seen
Legitimate gripes against left-wing cancel culture got eclipsed within the last couple years by it becoming a rallying cry for right wingers to dismiss out of hand the idea that they should face any repercussions for their activities or communicated beliefs - usually those beliefs being something to do with marginalization of LGBTQ persons.

So yes, while in the strict interpretation of the situation limited only to the information we have, Atkinson could be talking about either side of the argument, and legitimately so...

...but from contextual and cultural clues and the current zeitgeist, it looks problematic.

That article is also from early 2021.
You're right, it's a older one. I only remembered because a more recent one came out.

I'm with Gas on this one: whatever legitimate problems there are on the left, it doesn't excuse the fact that the right wing will use any excuse to dismiss criticism out of hand and THEY are the ones who want to line people up against the wall right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
You're right, it's a older one. I only remembered because a more recent one came out.

I'm with Gas on this one: whatever legitimate problems there are on the left, it doesn't excuse the fact that the right wing will use any excuse to dismiss criticism out of hand and THEY are the ones who want to line people up against the wall right now.
And he makes it quite clear that he's grumpy that he isn't "allowed" to punch DOWN in that interview.

Bizarre shit from a guy whose comedy is as cutting edge as the side of a knife, I mean for fuck sakes he's currently in a show about a man and a bee.

This would be like Wierd Al complaining about not being able to say the n word.

Bizarre shit from a guy whose comedy is as cutting edge as the side of a knife, I mean for fuck sakes he's currently in a show about a man and a bee.

This would be like Wierd Al complaining about not being able to say the n word.
Weird Al is one of those celebrities that seems REALLY awesome and I would be significantly disappointed if he turns out to be a milkshake duck. Tom Hanks and Chris Evans are among that group, too.

EDIT: Keanu Reeves, too.

Last edited: