Milkshake Ducks - The official thread of falling from grace

"I got off relatively lightly, but the worst thing is how it affected my brain. "

ACTUAL FUCKING QUOTE FROM HER.

That rumbling sound you hear is Disney's lawyers and PR people scrambling to decide whether to jettison Kang from future MCU plans or to recast the character.

(More than likely, he'll just quietly go away for a while until this blows over)

WELP

Story is still developing. Gonna suck if it's true, guy is a super talented actor, but it'll probably be a few days before we know anything past speculation.

If the story does turn out to be true, the good thing about a multiversal foe is he's easy to recast.

His lawyer is claiming that they have the altercation on video, and it shows that the woman is lying. They also claim to have two witnesses swearing the same, and supposedly the woman has recanted.

But that’s his lawyer, so who knows? I certainly hope this is not true, but we’ll see.

His lawyer is claiming that they have the altercation on video, and it shows that the woman is lying. They also claim to have two witnesses swearing the same, and supposedly the woman has recanted.

But that’s his lawyer, so who knows? I certainly hope this is not true, but we’ll see.
Apparently people who have worked with him before say this is a pattern for him.

To clarify my reaction, I am sad that someone could get this far, leave this trail of destruction, and is only now facing consequences for their actions.

I wouldn't trust We Got This Covered as a source. They're extremely right-wing, often make up stories, and have positively covered Comicsgate many times. They're not reliable.
There are multiple other sites reporting the same story. And I have little trouble believing that reports of abusive behavior were ignored by Hollywood.

After all they're moving forward with the Flash.

There are multiple other sites reporting the same story. And I have little trouble believing that reports of abusive behavior were ignored by Hollywood.

After all they're moving forward with the Flash.
It wouldn't surprise me, either. I'm simply pointing out that WGTC is absolutely not a reliable source, nor has it ever been.

Holy fuck. Holy fucking shit. Majors' lawyer shared this with TMZ as though it were evidence of exoneration..........

1680191633516.png

!!!

WHAT?

Holy fuck. Holy fucking shit. Majors' lawyer shared this with TMZ as though it were evidence of exoneration..........

View attachment 44333

!!!

WHAT?
Devil's advocate time: That entire text could also be interpreted as manipulative on her part.
After my arrest my ex sent me text after text in the vein of "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I love you. I know you did it because you love me. Ignore the restraining order and come home."
I mean she's basically listing off everything she's claiming he did and trying to manipulate him at the same time. Meanwhile he is doing everything he should absolutely be doing in this situation: Keeping things short and cut things off completely from her.

Last edited:
Devil's advocate time: That entire text could also be interpreted as manipulative on her part.
After my arrest my ex sent me text after text in the vein of "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen. I love you. I know you did it because you love me. Ignore the restraining order and come home."
I mean she's basically listing off everything she's claiming he did and trying to manipulate him at the same time. Meanwhile he is doing everything he should absolutely be doing in this situation: Keeping things short and cut things off completely from her.
Non devil's advocate. She's a woman trying not to get murdered by soothing the man that has already strangled her.

Non devil's advocate. She's a woman trying not to get murdered by soothing the man that has already strangled her.
Absolutely could be. She absolutely could be a woman stuck in a co-dependent and abusive relationship and there absolutely needs to be an investigation into these claims.
But we've got a few people posting above that this text is somehow very strong proof that he abused her based on what she wrote alone. He doesn't even respond to her.
People are focusing on how SHE is claiming HE abused her. Even you made it very clear that the situation is about a WOMAN not being murdered by a MAN, and not "a person not wanting to be murdered by someone else". It's this tendency to focus on the sexes involved in the case that concerns me. It is a social norm to assume that the woman in a situation is the victim without even being presented with all of the evidence.
I don't know the statistics, but I could absolutely believe that that the majority of domestic violence cases is still men abusing women. I absolutely can believe that if true.
But is that an excuse to assume that's the situation for every case? We are a country that should be beyond that.

I've done my ranting and I'm acknowledging I'm a broken record. I may acknowledge if someone makes a good point (be it counter from my own or not) from now on but I'm not going to defend my opinion on this subject anymore.

Last edited:
HIS lawyer put those texts out there into the world not hers, not she herself.

There's also video, I notice that hasn't been released, like they're trying to soften the blow of the video with the texts first. The video must be an incredible look if they thought the texts were better.

I've seen this kind of shit personally dozens of times through my life.

HIS lawyer put those texts out there into the world not hers, not she herself.

There's also video, I notice that hasn't been released, like they're trying to soften the blow of the video with the texts first. The video must be an incredible look if they thought the texts were better.

I've seen this kind of shit personally dozens of times through my life.
I would also like to see the video. That could shed a lot of light on this.

Absolutely could be. She absolutely could be a woman stuck in a co-dependent and abusive relationship and there absolutely needs to be an investigation into these claims.
Really would have been smarter to have had that opinion before you played devils adv

But we've got a few people posting above that this text is somehow very strong proof that he abused her based on what she wrote alone.
Based on what his lawyers have released. They clearly believe that this is exculpatory which hopefully you can admit it isn’t.
Also unless some really shitty assholes suddenly didn’t have complete shit takes no there wasn’t.

He doesn't even respond to her.
People are focusing on how SHE is claiming HE abused her. Even you made it very clear that the situation is about a WOMAN not being murdered by a MAN, and not "a person not wanting to be murdered by someone else". It's this tendency to focus on the sexes involved in the case that concerns me. It is a social norm to assume that the woman in a situation is the victim without even being presented with all of the evidence.
I don't know the statistics, but I could absolutely believe that that the majority of domestic violence cases is still men abusing women. I absolutely can believe that if true.
But is that an excuse to assume that's the situation for every case? We are a country that should be beyond that.
The situation is about a man being accused of domestic violence against a woman. Why should we as a country be beyond stating the facts of the case?

I've done my ranting and I'm acknowledging I'm a broken record. I may acknowledge if someone makes a good point (be it counter from my own or not) from now on but I'm not going to defend my opinion on this subject anymore.
The signs of a real conviction

I'm not going to defend my opinion on this subject anymore.
As you are someone with direct experience with this kind of situation (even with such a small sample size), losing that viewpoint would be a loss for the rest of us.

—Patrick

Based on what his lawyers have released. They clearly believe that this is exculpatory which hopefully you can admit it isn’t.
Also unless some really shitty assholes suddenly didn’t have complete shit takes no there wasn’t.
I never said it was exculpatory. But it's not damning for him either. The woman states that she's not blaming him for anything. She says he didn't strangler her. She mentions the injuries but doesn't say they were caused by him, just that the cops "knew they had a fight" which could be referring to a verbal altercation only. She mentions it was her fault for trying to grab his phone. Also, police are required by law to make an arrest in the case of a domestic violence case where injuries are present, regardless of the explanation of those injuries.
I think you could make arguments on both sides of this just from that. 1) He didn't hurt her and she's admitting that. 2). She's in a co-dependent relationship, he really did hurt her, and she's trying to protect him.
But if you've made a decision this early which it is then you've failed the system.
My biggest take away from this is he doesn't respond (at least not a response that we have seen yet). Guilty or not, that was the smartest thing he could do in this situation.

The situation is about a man being accused of domestic violence against a woman. Why should we as a country be beyond stating the facts of the case?
If you're stating facts just to provoke stereotypes then it's a misuse of those facts, especially if they are not relevant in the case. "I swear I was bit by the dog. It was a Pitbull. I rest my case."

The signs of a real conviction
Not sure what you mean by that. like a sign that I'm "not showing real conviction" or that I believe Majors is guilty because I don't want to keep stating the same things over and over again?
Either way it feels like trying to bait/troll me.

Last edited:
I never said it was exculpatory. But it's not damning for him either. The woman states that she's not blaming him for anything. She says he didn't strangler her. She mentions the injuries but doesn't say they were caused by him, just that the cops "knew they had a fight" which could be referring to a verbal altercation only. She mentions it was her fault for trying to grab his phone.
I think you could make arguments on both sides of this just from that. 1) He didn't hurt her and she's admitting that. 2). She's in a co-dependent relationship, he really did hurt her, and she's trying to protect him.
But if you've made a decision this early which it is then you've failed the system.
My biggest take away from this is he doesn't respond (at least not a response that we have seen yet). Guilty or not, that was the smartest thing he could do in this situation.
I actually don’t believe that a person can honestly claim that he didn’t hurt her from those texts. Not unless you flat out believe that she’s lying without proof.

If you're stating facts just to provoke stereotypes then it's a misuse of those facts. "I swear I was bit by the dog. It was a Pitbull. I rest my case."
Except saying that he’s a famous man who has a reported history of shit like this who has been arrested for an attack on a woman is all facts that are relavent to the case.

You might have a point if people were making a big point of him being a black man. But aside from some bigots I don’t see anybody doing that.

Not sure what you mean by that. like a sign that I'm "not showing real conviction" or that I believe Majors is guilty because I don't want to keep stating the same things over and over again?
Either way it feels like trying to bait/troll me.
I’m calling you a coward for refusing to back up your own argument.

I’m calling you a coward for refusing to back up your own argument.
You're getting personal with this now. This is one reason why I would like to not keep stating the same thing over again. At this point we are at two separate viewpoints and maybe we are both just too stubborn to change our minds on them. So just going back and forth just wastes both of our time.
My stance is "Judge every situation fairly, regardless of who is involved, and don't allow opinions to ruin careers without a proper verdict in place". That's all it has ever been.
I am an abuse victim who lost big because I reacted to her abuse and was targeted by a sexist judicial system. I feel have earned my right to state a case for those who may find themselves in the same scenario.

Last edited:
You're getting personal with this now.
My brother in Christ not for a second has this not been personal to you.

This is one reason why I would like to not keep stating the same thing over again. At this point we are at two separate viewpoints and maybe we are both just too stubborn to change our minds on them. So just going back and forth just wastes both of our time.
Have you not argued on the internet before? That’s all it ever is.

My stance is "Judge every situation fairly, regardless of who is involved, and don't allow opinions to ruin careers without a proper verdict in place". That's all it has ever been.
I don’t believe you’ve been judging this fairly. You got all up in arms because I used man and woman. You claimed that multiple posters were saying how the texts proved that Majors abused her when the worst was somebody saying that releasing the texts was a bad look. Hell you even claimed that you could read the texts as proof that he didn’t hurt her.

I am an abuse victim who lost big because I reacted to her abuse and was targeted by a sexist judicial system. I feel have earned my right to state a case for those who may find themselves in the same scenario.
Somebody trying to stop you?
Post automatically merged:

Don't make me do something ironic.
Put down those spoons.

Last edited: