Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

figmentPez

Staff member
Between the Trump indictment and Cracker Barrel celebrating Pride Month, I wonder what the church crowd will do with itself this Sunday. They need a place to collectively rage but their favorite hangout has gone woke.
Papa Johns and a potluck at the church?

Between the Trump indictment and Cracker Barrel celebrating Pride Month, I wonder what the church crowd will do with itself this Sunday. They need a place to collectively rage but their favorite hangout has gone woke.
Sunday? Hmm, I'd have suggested Chick-fil-A but they close on Sunday right? Guess church it is!

Dave

Staff member

Fact Check - False

False.

Blackstone does not own the DNA which Ancestry.com collects from its customers. Ownership of that information was not part of its 2020 takeover of the genealogy business. Contrary to the concerns on social media, Blackstone's purchase is not a new type of takeover either. Ancestry.com has been majority owned by investment and equity firms for many years.

This is all cable TVs fault.

More TV channels meant more sports on TV.
More sports on TV lead to more sports teams.
More sports teams lead to diluted sports tribalism.
Tribalism jumped to politics and svevered reality.

/s

Go Leafs!

In a response to several GOP states banning books, Illinois has passed a law banning book bannings. I..don't know how this works logistically.

figmentPez

Staff member
Girl, 9, accused of being trans at Kelowna track meet

"Two Kelowna moms are speaking out after their 9-year-old daughter was verbally assaulted at a track and field event on Thursday at Kelowna's Apple Bowl.

"The mothers, who choose not to identify their daughter, say she was competing in a shot-put event when a grandfather of one of the other participants started yelling at her.

" 'She went to step up to compete for the grade four shot-put final, and right before she went to throw, a grandfather of a student said, "Hey, this is supposed to be a girls" event, and "why are you letting boys compete." My daughter is cisgender, born female, uses she/her pronouns. She has a pixie haircut,' said mom Heidi Starr."

"Starr says the man then carried on to demand certification to prove that her daughter was born female."

"He stopped the entire event. He also pointed at another girl who also had short hair. He then piped in and said, 'Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans.'"

"Starr said the man's wife then started calling her 'a genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile.' "

"Central Okanagan School District superintendent Kevin Kaardal confirmed with Castanet that steps are being taken to ban the man from all school-related events."

"Staff intervened and actually moved the shot-put away from where he was. The gentleman was not a part of our school district. We are taking steps to ensure he is not able to be on our school property or attend events in the future."

I grew up I Kelowna, I am not surprised. My mom always asks when/if I'll move back. I've been where I am for 18 years and I only spent 12 there. Where I am now is home. I hate that town.

Girl, 9, accused of being trans at Kelowna track meet

"Two Kelowna moms are speaking out after their 9-year-old daughter was verbally assaulted at a track and field event on Thursday at Kelowna's Apple Bowl.

"The mothers, who choose not to identify their daughter, say she was competing in a shot-put event when a grandfather of one of the other participants started yelling at her.

" 'She went to step up to compete for the grade four shot-put final, and right before she went to throw, a grandfather of a student said, "Hey, this is supposed to be a girls" event, and "why are you letting boys compete." My daughter is cisgender, born female, uses she/her pronouns. She has a pixie haircut,' said mom Heidi Starr."

"Starr says the man then carried on to demand certification to prove that her daughter was born female."

"He stopped the entire event. He also pointed at another girl who also had short hair. He then piped in and said, 'Well, if she is not a boy, then she is obviously trans.'"

"Starr said the man's wife then started calling her 'a genital mutilator, a groomer, and a pedophile.' "

"Central Okanagan School District superintendent Kevin Kaardal confirmed with Castanet that steps are being taken to ban the man from all school-related events."

"Staff intervened and actually moved the shot-put away from where he was. The gentleman was not a part of our school district. We are taking steps to ensure he is not able to be on our school property or attend events in the future."
Ya, this tracks for Kelowna. I only worked there for 2 years, but ya. The interior of BC is beautiful, but has some seriously fucked up politics.

GasBandit

Staff member

Wait, why is it an issue if they don't accept a transfemme is female?

They insist this person is male, so by their standards, the toplessness shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah yeah ConservativesDon'tCareIfTheyAreHypocrites.walloftext.jpg

Wait, why is it an issue if they don't accept a transfemme is female?

They insist this person is male, so by their standards, the toplessness shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah yeah ConservativesDon'tCareIfTheyAreHypocrites.walloftext.jpg
I’ve seen this before but idk where. The ultimate example of transphobic hypocrisy is that trans women have been arrested for going topless and then thrown into a male prison for it.

Silly Biden... you only campaign on promising to lock up your opponent...

Then right after you tell your rally goers that it played great before the election, but now you no longer care...

Not that it stops them from chanting LOCK HER UP! whenever said former opponent is mentioned...