Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

This is probably highly inappropriate, but if I was down there in that sub right now, I'd probably try entering the Konami code on that controller. I mean, you never know, right?

GasBandit

Staff member
At that depth, the water squirt from even a pinhole leak would be like a diamond drill. And an implosion would happen so fast you'd be dead before the neurons could even register it. If they even find any wreckage of this thing, it would be a miracle - let alone find them alive.

Dave

Staff member
At that depth, the water squirt from even a pinhole leak would be like a diamond drill. And an implosion would happen so fast you'd be dead before the neurons could even register it. If they even find any wreckage of this thing, it would be a miracle - let alone find them alive.
If you read through the Twitter thread you’ll see they are bolted in from the outside. Even if they surface they’ll run out of air.

GasBandit

Staff member
If you read through the Twitter thread you’ll see they are bolted in from the outside. Even if they surface they’ll run out of air.
I also read somewhere that the only viewport is rated for 1300m... and the Titanic is 4000m down. But the company didn't want to spend the money to have a 4000m rated viewport.

Dave

Staff member
For $250,000 a seat I will make a fully immersive Titanic experience. Raise/lower internal pressures, pipe in noises that simulate metal fatigue. External video screens will show the entire trip from surface to the bottom of the sea, eventually showing the Titanic in all its wrecked glory.

I won’t tell them it’s a simulation as I’ll drop them fully tethered into the ocean from a ship. They’ll THINK they are diving to the Titanic but none of it will be real. Even if it costs me $10 million to make I’d still get my money back with only A few trips. Foolproof!

Dave

Staff member
If you think billionaires don't have any empathy, just remember this guy. His step-dad is one of those missing at sea and could be dying right now. So what do you do? GO TO A CONCERT!! It's what his family would want him to do.

Well if they lost power they are dead.
If they got stuck on the bottom they are dead.
If they capsized they are dead.
The only hope left is the redundant surfacing has kicked in and they are on the surface but as yet undetected.
And even if that they only have hours left of air.

If you think billionaires don't have any empathy, just remember this guy. His step-dad is one of those missing at sea and could be dying right now. So what do you do? GO TO A CONCERT!! It's what his family would want him to do.

"My family would want me to be here because "I wanna" and that's our motto"

Ohhhh. THAT'S what the Blink-182 memes were about. I saw it referenced, but I hadn't seen the original context.

figmentPez

Staff member
For $250,000 a seat I will make a fully immersive Titanic experience. Raise/lower internal pressures, pipe in noises that simulate metal fatigue. External video screens will show the entire trip from surface to the bottom of the sea, eventually showing the Titanic in all its wrecked glory.

I won’t tell them it’s a simulation as I’ll drop them fully tethered into the ocean from a ship. They’ll THINK they are diving to the Titanic but none of it will be real. Even if it costs me $10 million to make I’d still get my money back with only A few trips. Foolproof!
Related:

GasBandit

Staff member
Wouldn't you just pass out ?
If it were just lack of oxygen, sure. Uncompressed planes go high, passengers fall asleep.

But in a submarine or spaceship, usually the oxygen is replaced by carbon dioxide, which triggers the hypercapnic alarm response. You die gasping, panicked, and in agony.

In comparison, a sub implosion at 4000m kills you faster than it takes the neuron impulse to reach your brain.