Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

Also, did this even happen? This smells like a false-flag to me.
It's currently being reported on seriously by multiple news agencies, including some decidedly left-leaning media outlets. If it turns out to be incorrect, I'll retract it, just as I have with things that have turned out to be untrue against the Republicans. In the meantime, I live in Oregon, I have no reason to doubt that an Antifa group would be violent if they showed up at someone's house, I've seen enough of their tactics in Seattle (when I lived there) and Portland (when I lived there and more recently on the news).

That's our Blots, winning hearts and minds by out-fascisting the fascists.
Yeah, i too remember the Night of the Long Protest Signs, when fascists protested outside of jewish homes, to the annoying sound of tambourines.

Some of the "good people" on the Blue side of things. Come on people. I know he's an abysmal excuse for a reporter, I know he works for Faux Noise, but you don't threaten the man in his home, break down his door, and scream "We know where you sleep at night," at his family. And for fuck's sake, if you're going to be an unhinged animal, make sure your target is home, and not his wife, by herself, when you start throwing yourself at the door.
So, did the cops arrest anyone, since, you know, cracking the door would be a pretty clear sign of illegal activity.

So, did the cops arrest anyone, since, you know, cracking the door would be a pretty clear sign of illegal activity.
See above re: retractions. If the story disappears from the newswires, or if multiple sources confirm that it's bullshit, I'll take it down. But right now, you'd be better off doing your own research than asking me.

Did you honestly just decide that an event you didn't like was fake news? Did you seriously do that?

You're no better than Alex Jones or Sean Hannity.
WOOSH.....
Post automatically merged:

But right now, you'd be better off doing your own research than asking me.
I wasn't asking you to tell me...

But that's good advice... maybe listen to it yourself.

Still not seeing anything, anywhere, that suggests this wasn't an actual act of violence outside of a reporter/TV personality's home. No, I haven't seen any arrest reports. I have seen a report that the group behind the "protest," Smash Racism D.C., has had their Twitter account suspended, amid reports that they doxxed Carlson in a now-deleted tweet. Oh, and at least, if it turns out that I've been snookered into showing false sympathy for a Fox personality, I'll be in good company.

Tucker Carlson sucks. Tucker Carlson, not two weeks ago, laughed on air about bombs being mailed to Democrats and Democrat supporters. His website has brazenly doxxed people in the past too, allowing folk to show up at their homes and do the same thing that happened to him.

He has my thoughts and prayers about his protestor issues.

Last edited:
Still not seeing anything, anywhere, that suggests this wasn't an actual act of violence outside of a reporter/TV personality's home. No, I haven't seen any arrest reports. I have seen a report that the group behind the "protest," Smash Racism D.C., has had their Twitter account suspended, amid reports that they doxxed Carlson in a now-deleted tweet. Oh, and at least, if it turns out that I've been snookered into showing false sympathy for a Fox personality, I'll be in good company.
Oh my god I was joking. Like, using the exact response Carlson and his ilk use whenever rightwing people commit violence.

Jesus guys. I even called them Adelson-paid protestors.

Tucker Carlson sucks. Tucker Carlson, not two weeks ago, laughed on air about bombs being mailed to Democrats and Democrat supporters. His website has brazenly doxxed people in the past too, allowing folk to show up at their homes and do the same thing that happened to him.

He has my thoughts and prayers about his protestor issues.
I hate it, but part of me feels this way too. However, his wife doesn’t deserve it. He is terrible and incites violence through his rhetoric, so I feel very little sympathy for him.

Welp, if true, then it looks like all that’s left now is for people to finish choosing sides before it finally escalates to a full-blown conflict. Residents of Charleston, SC are encouraged to prepare themselves for the possibility of sudden evacuation.

Strangely enough, the two sides won’t even have to think up new flags/banners, the old ones will work juuuust fine.

—Patrick

I hate it, but part of me feels this way too. However, his wife doesn’t deserve it. He is terrible and incites violence through his rhetoric, so I feel very little sympathy for him.
Yeah, I'm not for people doing that. It's just difficult to feel sympathy for him. He's a total piece of shit reaping what he sows. Live by the sword, etc..

Funny how they'll instantly suspend a leftist account, but refuse to do anything about all the white supremacist ones.

Its so stupid that we don't have universal automatic voter registration.
What’s stupid is that we don’t have some form of incentive to vote other than “your candidate might win.” When they handed out $300 freedom checks in 2008, people lost their minds about getting a “free” $300 check in the mail. Think about how excited people would be if instead of getting an “I voted” sticker, you got a check for even half that much ($150). Voters would be RIGHT THERE, camping in line before the polls opened as if waiting for iPhones or something.

—Patrick

What’s stupid is that we don’t have some form of incentive to vote other than “your candidate might win.” When they handed out $300 freedom checks in 2008, people lost their minds about getting a “free” $300 check in the mail. Think about how excited people would be if instead of getting an “I voted” sticker, you got a check for even half that much ($150). Voters would be RIGHT THERE, camping in line before the polls opened as if waiting for iPhones or something.

—Patrick
Huh. Some countries have fines if you don't vote, so that's not super crazy. Just kinda the reverse. I can't see it ever happening though.

In close race news:

As they keep counting votes, the Democrats now have the lead in the AZ senate race.

Georgia is inching closer to a runoff (as required by state law if no candidate gets 50%). Depends on provisional ballots. Should be known tomorrow.

Florida senate and Gubernatorial races are inching towards a recount. Its an electronic one if the margin is within .5%. Manual if its .25%. Republican senate candidate Rick Scott is using his positioner as Florida governor to try to stop the votes from continuing to be counted.