Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

In close race news:

As they keep counting votes, the Democrats now have the lead in the AZ senate race.

Georgia is inching closer to a runoff (as required by state law if no candidate gets 50%). Depends on provisional ballots. Should be known tomorrow.

Florida senate and Gubernatorial races are inching towards a recount. Its an electronic one if the margin is within .5%. Manual if its .25%. Republican senate candidate Rick Scott is using his positioner as Florida governor to try to stop the votes from continuing to be counted.
Any updates on the GOP lawsuit to stop the counting of votes from voters whose signatures were verified after the election?

Hundreds of voting machines sat unused in Georgia warehouses while many precincts we're only given three broken ones to serve thousands of people.

GOP saw Dems sue to keep an election fair, so of course they want to try the reverse in Florida. "Count people's votes? Why should they get a say?'"

Hundreds of voting machines sat unused in Georgia warehouses while many precincts we're only given three broken ones to serve thousands of people.

GOP saw Dems sue to keep an election fair, so of course they want to try the reverse in Florida. "Count people's votes? Why should they get a say?'"
It would appear the problem in Florida is coming from two counties, Broward and Palm Beach, that are strongholds for the Democrats, that also happen to be taking days longer than any other area in the state to count their ballots. This has given the Republicans a window to allege that the count is being handled improperly and that there might be fraud occurring. The lawsuits appear to be mostly concerned with the lack of transparency in the counting process and not with setting aside votes. (CNN)

I suspect this actually falls under "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity," as the Broward County election officials do not seem to be particularly good at their jobs -- absentee ballots not mailed to voters in a timely manner (Miami Herald), poorly designed ballot (Orlando Sentinel), etc..

As opposed to, say, locking up hundreds of voting machines, since if there are no voters, then there can be no voter fraud?

--Patrick

As opposed to, say, locking up hundreds of voting machines, since if there are no voters, then there can be no voter fraud?

--Patrick
Yeah, I was commenting on the issues in Florida. I would tend to think the election issues in Georgia are due to malice and not incompetence.

figmentPez

Staff member
Matt Whittaker, the acting Attorney General, has said in the past that federal judges need to have a "Biblical view" of justice, and that "if judges have a secular world view, then I will be very concerned about how they judge."

Matt Whittaker, the acting Attorney General, has said in the past that federal judges need to have a "Biblical view" of justice, and that "if judges have a secular world view, then I will be very concerned about how they judge."
Is this the same Matt Whitaker, acting Attorney General, about whom Trump said in October "I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy. I mean, I know Matt Whitaker," and about whom he said today, "I don't know Matt Whitaker. Matt Whitaker worked for Jeff Sessions." That Matt Whitaker?

figmentPez

Staff member
Is this the same Matt Whitaker, acting Attorney General, about whom Trump said in October "I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy. I mean, I know Matt Whitaker," and about whom he said today, "I don't know Matt Whitaker. Matt Whitaker worked for Jeff Sessions." That Matt Whitaker?
Yes, and he's also the Matt Whittaker who said that the judiciary is an "inferior branch" of the government, and doesn't believe in judicial review.

Looks like Sessions left us a little present on his way out the door - limiting the power of consent decrees used to curb police departments accused of abuse of civil rights and other dangerous behaviours. It's what the Obama-era Justice Department used to try to reform departments like Ferguson, Detroit, Baltimore, and Arpaio's county. They've been looking for ways to undo the gains made by the Obama administration ever since Trump went before all those cops and told them to "stop being so lax toward prisoners," and to "rough them up a little," when putting them in their cruisers.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

I suppose the whole "live justly, love mercy, walk humbly" thing isn't his idea of Biblical?

DOH that was me. Somehow anonymous is selected automatically on Chromebook.

EDIT: Arpaio's county was my current one, Maricopa.

I suppose the whole "live justly, love mercy, walk humbly" thing isn't his idea of Biblical?
IIRC, it was even New Testament Biblical View... which would require turning the other cheek, and knowing it's impossible for rich people to go to heaven.
Post automatically merged:

And the related rule of goats.

I don't think you're reading that right...

You're supposed to actually be fucking the goat, not just say you are...

So until they put Fox anchor-people's children in cages...

Last edited:
I like this Amy Chan lady. In the midst of GOP allegations of Voter Fraud (though it's more "You're not counting the votes right!" accusations), she was quoted in the AZ Republic as saying this:

Amy Chan, former state elections director under Republican Secretary of State Ken Bennett, tweeted, "Unfounded allegations of voter fraud are totally irresponsible and should rightly be condemned because they shake voter confidence & can affect future participation. Voter fraud in my experience is almost nonexistent."

This country needs to take a serious look at white on white crimes. Every time I hear about a black kid getting shot in the back by the cops the first thing out of the cop apologists' mouths is "but what about black on black crime?" Well, look - here we have a mother fucker who's been violent and angry his whole life, who was given every opportunity to make a good life for himself, and who, instead, decided "eh, fuck it, I'm bored. I think I'll go to the bar and kill a bunch of my friends." Sure am glad that male track coach pushed for the female track coach not to report his assaults and to keep him on the team so that his chances of joining the Marines wouldn't be negatively affected.

Well...not impossible, just reeeeally improbable.

--Patrick
You thinking pureed camels or something?

Even then you'd likely pour some on the sides...

Still not seeing anything, anywhere, that suggests this wasn't an actual act of violence outside of a reporter/TV personality's home. No, I haven't seen any arrest reports.

This is going to be one uphill battle, isn't it...

HINT: No arrest reports means there's no fucking way any doors have been cracked...

And the sad thing is that them yelling "We know where you sleep at night" would have been enough of a legitimate reason to complain about them threatening him. But no, it's not enough for them because they know their base would have found that too acceptable if someone on their side did it, so they had to exaggerate.

Oh, and here's an article from a source that's clearly against the protesters, quoting the protesters response: https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...s-house-provides-details-in-new-oped-n2535728

Note how they make no mention of trying to break down the door any more?

The graffiti on their property is the only thing that would warrant charges.

Last edited:
You thinking pureed camels or something?
I just want to mention the supposed "eye of the needle" through which a camel would have to pass, is the small pedestrian gate in a larger city gate - you know, like a small door in a garage door. It's hard to convince a camel to go through, but far from impossible.

Wow... this place is fucking nuts. I get lambasted for admitting fear of right-wing violence, then I get lambasted for saying that violence isn't right on either side. I really wish people around here would make up their fucking minds already.

I just want to mention the supposed "eye of the needle" through which a camel would have to pass, is the small pedestrian gate in a larger city gate - you know, like a small door in a garage door. It's hard to convince a camel to go through, but far from impossible.
Yeah... no: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_a_needle#Gate

The full quote make that pretty clear too: Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!" The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is[a] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, "Who then can be saved?" Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Wow... this place is fucking nuts. I get lambasted for admitting fear of right-wing violence, then I get lambasted for saying that violence isn't right on either side. I really wish people around here would make up their fucking minds already.
My post has nothing to do with any of that, hence me quoting your older post...

Last edited:
Ok, fine. It's not OK to fear violence, and it's not OK to call out people for being violent - regardless of the side of the aisle, apparently - so... I guess, death to all motherfuckers!!!!

I haven't found a proper source to confirm, but I'm hearing rumblings that the attack on Tucker Carlson's house never happened.
I read something like that too, that while there was a protest, no one ever went inside, and the one person with spray paint was chastised by the rest of the group.

Ok, fine. It's not OK to fear violence, and it's not OK to call out people for being violent - regardless of the side of the aisle, apparently - so... I guess, death to all motherfuckers!!!!
Dude, what? No, no one was saying that.

I was saying you shouldn't trust what a Faux News anchor was telling you, especially when he was talking about behaviour that would get people arrested, but no arrests where made.

I read something like that too, that while there was a protest, no one ever went inside, and the one person with spray paint was chastised by the rest of the group.
I just linked to an article, see above.

Every time I read someone refering to a black fellow as a PoC it takes me a moment to realize they're not calling them a piece of shit. I figure I can't be the only, so it amazes me that the term has lasted at all.

What I'm saying is that for a moment I thought @Tiger Tsang was saying Tucker's bowtie was a black guy. :oops:

Here's a breakdown of the police actions that occurred at Tucker Carlson's house, basically saying that he lied his balls off about what happened.