Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

I don't believe just because someone votes democrat it means they're a good person.

However we know that there's 4,228,832 that are demonstrably bad people. :p

A lot of good things happened in this election, and some blatantly bad things. (voter suppression in Georgia and Florida being huge ones) Focus on the bad things that might still get fixed and be happy for the good things.

The fact Walker won't be able to ask for a recount because he put into law the "less then 1% rule" two years ago on recounts, likely for his own benefit, makes me literally guffaw.

Last edited:
Texas Judge Sets all Juvenile Defendants Free Day After Losing Re-Election Campaign. Guess he'll need to update that oath of his to:

"'I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God. Unless my district votes in a Democrat, then they can go fuck themselves.”

Texas Judge Sets all Juvenile Defendants Free Day After Losing Re-Election Campaign. Guess he'll need to update that oath of his to:

"'I, _________, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent upon me as _________ under the Constitution and laws of the United States. So help me God. Unless my district votes in a Democrat, then they can go fuck themselves.”
They elected to delay all juvenile trials until January (when the new judge starts their term), presumably because they feel that if they've lost the trust of the people, they have no right to judge them. Considering the alternative is having presumed-innocent minors languishing in jail for 2 months (including the holiday season), I'm having a real hard time giving a shit.

They elected to delay all juvenile trials until January (when the new judge starts their term), presumably because they feel that if they've lost the trust of the people, they have no right to judge them. Considering the alternative is having presumed-innocent minors languishing in jail for 2 months (including the holiday season), I'm having a real hard time giving a shit.
Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people not being in jail for two months awaiting trial. I have an issue with a sworn, sitting judge abandoning his office and his oath because the election didn't go his way, instead of being a reasonable, honorable individual and upholding the laws which shouldn't change regardless of which party is in power. Even States' Attorney Generals, who are appointed by the president, don't just throw their hands up when there's a change of office and say "Well, my team lost, the law doesn't mean anything anymore."

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have no problem with people not being in jail for two months awaiting trial. I have an issue with a sworn, sitting judge abandoning his office and his oath because the election didn't go his way, instead of being a reasonable, honorable individual and upholding the laws which shouldn't change regardless of which party is in power. Even States' Attorney Generals, who are appointed by the president, don't just throw their hands up when there's a change of office and say "Well, my team lost, the law doesn't mean anything anymore."
He's a lame duck, I have no problem with him avoiding actions that have lasting consequences such as, say, ruining a minor's life. I know that's the opposite of what lame ducks usually do but, hey, a man can dream.

The laws don't change, but the justice system is not made out of fungible automatons.

Dave

Staff member
Somewhere there's an actual duck who is lame who thinks, "Quit associating me with these assholes."

Oh, and consider this: of the entire population of juveniles that are considered delinquent, the number of them that are likely truly dangerous is about one in ten.

Oh cmon guys, you'll still have the 2nd to protect you...

Oh wait, that's just for conservatives, if liberals say anything about that then they're dangerous, violence peddling aggressors.

Oh cmon guys, you'll still have the 2nd to protect you...

Oh wait, that's just for conservatives, if liberals say anything about that then they're dangerous, violence peddling aggressors.
A leftist politician telling black urban people to arm themselves would be almost treasonous and horribly dangerous. A right-wing politician saying the same to white country folk is simply a good American.

As I've said, the second amendment is obsolete, but if you believe you're a check on a tyrannical government...here's where all the mass shootings become worth it.