Former President Trump Thread

...are background checks not a thing anymore for people entering the WH? "We didn't know who they were, they lied" is pretty weak as an excuse.

It's also pretty disturbing that they thought government photographers would be fine. In hope the CIA is going over the WH with a fine tooth comb right now.

Holy shit. It's like everyone with a brain has left or been fired. Fuck impeachment, Trump will end up getting himself killed.

If Trump gets himself killed by a foreign power it will mean war.
Assuming that war doesn't happen instantly, I think there will be a number of people in the USA (and elsewhere) that will announce their thanks to said country for killing Trump. Then there will be awkwardness of people who aren't sure how to respond.

And then the shitshow will begin of those who DID call for him to be assassinated (on Twitter at the least, and not all of them nobodies either IIRC) recanting, and/or celebrating the event. And then the Secret Service will be 1. Pilloried for letting it happen, and 2. Some will celebrate them for letting it happen.

Oh it would be a shitshow if that happened.

Can you guys actually read that stuff? I mean the transcripts of interviews with him. I find the entire process infuriating and only make it a paragraph or so.

Can you guys actually read that stuff? I mean the transcripts of interviews with him. I find the entire process infuriating and only make it a paragraph or so.
I don't even bother to try, I know everything he says is going to be pure made up bullshit.

I can because my undergrads, especially those who didn't do the reading, could write nigh incomprehensible term papers. But not even they were as inarticulate as this.

I don't even bother to try, I know everything he says is going to be pure made up bullshit.
For those of you who can't/won't read it, Trump claims to have invented the economics term "prime the pump"... which was invented in the 1930's. The reporter tries to point this out, but Trump just runs over him and continues on thinking he invented the term.

I really wonder if anyone will ever manage to get to the bottom of all of the nepotism, skullduggery, cronyism, abuse and so on that's happening right now. I honestly do. Can you imagine President.....I dunno, Warren, launching a full scale investigation in 2022, and having Trump, Pence, Bannon and half of the rest of the top brass arrested for treason and/or corruption? It might actually be draining the swamp, but it'd result in literal civil war, I feel.

Republicans are never going to lose another election thanks to the massive disenfranchisement that's going to happen to poor and minority voters.

Some of the Trump voters, who cast their ballots for him simply because they didn't like Clinton, would probably just shrug and say "I knew it would end like that."

But the rest, who have spent the past 40 years feeling ignored and dismissed, and outright mocked by most Americans, might stand by him to the last ditch. As much as I despise Trump (and I really do), his speeches were a balm to them. Suddenly they felt like someone was noticing their decaying communities and the high rates of suicide, drug overdose deaths, and domestic violence in Trump counties. Not only that, but Trump absolved his supporters of all responsibility in causing that decline. They could blame Chinese industrialists, "establishment" politicians, swarthy-skinned illegal immigrants, and liberals for all the problems in Trump country.

If there's a reckoning for Trump in 2019 or 2023, you can expect the rural tweakers and smackheads to engage in violence. He's the only person who has made them feel good about themselves since 1973.

Assuming that war doesn't happen instantly, I think there will be a number of people in the USA (and elsewhere) that will announce their thanks to said country for killing Trump. Then there will be awkwardness of people who aren't sure how to respond.

And then the shitshow will begin of those who DID call for him to be assassinated (on Twitter at the least, and not all of them nobodies either IIRC) recanting, and/or celebrating the event. And then the Secret Service will be 1. Pilloried for letting it happen, and 2. Some will celebrate them for letting it happen.

Oh it would be a shitshow if that happened.
I hold to my Praetorian Guard scenario. One day, he's going to go too far and either the military or the Secret Service themselves will have him removed.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hold to my Praetorian Guard scenario. One day, he's going to go too far and either the military or the Secret Service themselves will have him removed.
It'd be "better" (relatively speaking) if it was a private citizen. The military/SS doing it would create SUCH a constitutional crisis.

Then again, maybe we need one.

It'd be "better" (relatively speaking) if it was a private citizen. The military/SS doing it would create SUCH a constitutional crisis.

Then again, maybe we need one.
Nothing Trump does causes so much as a ripple amongst the GOP leadership. In fact they're doubling down on their support for him even as he becomes more blatant in selling us out and sucking up to our enemies. I do not see any way the GOP ever turns on him in sufficient numbers to remove him by impeachment.

Dave

Staff member
Every time you think Trump can't be any dumber or say anything stupider about shit he knows nothing about, he pops in, says, "Hold my beer.", and lets it fly.

https://www.navytimes.com/articles/trump-says-navy-should-ditch-carrier-emals

President Trump says the Navy should abandon longstanding plans for electro-magnetic catapults for carrier aviation and return to the traditional steam-powered launch and recovery system, according to the president's interview with TIME.

In the interview, Trump was asked about the future of Ford-class carrier technology and he specifically addressed perceived differences between the antiquated steam-powered system and the Ford's new Electromagnetic Aircraft Launch System, also known as EMALS.

A quote from the article - mind you, THIS IS A REAL QUOTE:

Trump the Ignorant said:
"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated. You have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out. And I said — and now they want to buy more aircraft carriers. I said what system are you going to be — 'Sir, we’re staying with digital.' I said no you’re not. You going to goddamned steam, the digital costs hundreds of millions of dollars more money and it’s no good."

Necronic

Staff member
This has been a hella fun week.

How long until congress gets a higher approval rating than the president?[DOUBLEPOST=1494538777,1494538510][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh yeah and did anyone catch McCabe today? Dude just whipped it out and slapped his dick on the table like kruschev.