Former President Trump Thread

B

BErt

Danny Zuker must have been on the intel team because he nailed this back in march

Until I see proof from a reputable source, I will not reprint or comment on stuff like that. There's just too much real stuff to hate him for without having to resort to unproven rumors.
You just look out for number one.

I care less about Trump's weird sexual fetishes than I care about every thing else that hit the news today.

Frankly, I don't care if he's into golden showers. Or uses prostitutes. I don't care if he likes pegging, or is into bondage or for all I care he's gay. That might upset some "family values" voters (but why did they vote for DT anyway?), but honestly, I don't care about his personal preferences. I don't eve care all that much if he likes his steak properly or well done (that'd only go to further proof his bad decision making).
The same goes for other politicians. Personal stuff is personal. It might reflect on a president on some topics and values - trustworthiness and such - but it's still mostly his own thing.
I care far more for actual ideas, propositions, laws, etc.

Which doesn't mean we can't have fun laugh about it all.

Frankly, I don't care if he's into golden showers. Or uses prostitutes. I don't care if he likes pegging, or is into bondage or for all I care he's gay. That might upset some "family values" voters (but why did they vote for DT anyway?), but honestly, I don't care about his personal preferences. I don't eve care all that much if he likes his steak properly or well done (that'd only go to further proof his bad decision making).
The same goes for other politicians. Personal stuff is personal. It might reflect on a president on some topics and values - trustworthiness and such - but it's still mostly his own thing.
I care far more for actual ideas, propositions, laws, etc.

Which doesn't mean we can't have fun laugh about it all.
While I agree with that for most public figures, I think it's fair to criticize politicians' personal lives if they're supporting legislation to target "immoral" behavior or publicly dragging other candidates' personal lives through the mud, and then it comes out they're just as (or more) "immoral" as the people they're attacking. Yes, I'm looking at you, Newt Gingrich.

So if Trump was hiring the prostitutes while he was married, he'd be fair game for criticism considering how he was constantly bringing up Bill's infidelities. If he hired them between wives, then it's not an issue--unless he starts moralizing about the evils of sex workers.

I also have an issue with doing something that can become blackmail leverage, like hiring prostitutes. It would be the same for any action he tried to hide from the public, whether it be drug use or sexual partners or gambling debts. If he knows that another government has some kind of dirt on him, he needs to come out with it immediately.

I also have an issue with doing something that can become blackmail leverage, like hiring prostitutes. It would be the same for any action he tried to hide from the public, whether it be drug use or sexual partners or gambling debts. If he knows that another government has some kind of dirt on him, he needs to come out with it immediately.
See, most of that kind of thing can only work if you're actually asamed of it and/or could be hurt by it.

I much prefer the French approach over the American approach - "Et Alors?".

(it's a reference to Mitterand, a French president, who, when it was revealed he had an extramarital daughter, simply replied "Et Alors?", or, in English, "So what?". That was the end of the issue, really, except as joke fodder)

Until I see proof from a reputable source, I will not reprint or comment on stuff like that. There's just too much real stuff to hate him for without having to resort to unproven rumors.

Yeah, remember how we didn't talk about the "rumors" that Obama was born in Kenya?

Now you're just trying to get me to post the sign.
....And I wasn't the other 15 times? :p

We need some new running gags in this forum, we had a few, but most were retired for one reason or another (Frosty Susan, sauna pants, etc).

I think @Dave is intending to retain far more moral standing through this presidency than the average Birther has kept through Obama's.
It really amuses me how over the r/the_donald they're all screaming about the evil media using anything anti-trump and not just accepting they won and getting over it... after 8 years of not their party, but their actual president-elect, peddling bullshit (that he then said he didn't start, but ended, as if he didn't harp on about it for 7 years) right in the open.

It's made it quite clear that it's the people that lack any self awareness are the ones that would need to go when the revolution comes... :deadpool:

WHAT THE FUCK???????????????????????????????

[DOUBLEPOST=1484156442,1484156362][/DOUBLEPOST]I can't. I'm done on the internet. This is madness.

Like, this is honestly madness.

From the Time transcript:
I’m gonna detail some of the extraordinary steps now that the president-elect is taking. First, President-elect Trump’s investments and business assets commonly known as the — as the Trump Organization, comprising hundreds of entities which, again, if you all go and take a look at his financial disclosure statement, the pages and pages and pages of entities have all been or will be conveyed to a trust prior to January 20th. Here is just some of the paperwork that’s taking care of those actions.

Second, through the trust agreement, he has relinquished leadership and management of the Trump Organization to his sons Don and Eric and a longtime Trump executive, Allen Weisselberg. Together, Don, Eric and Allen will have the authority to manage the Trump Organization and will make decisions for the duration of the presidency without any involvement whatsoever by President-elect Trump.
The agreement to cede management of his company to his sons and manager (is that the old guy from The Apprentice?) is interesting. It's a bit different than divesting the asset, but better than staying in control. I would compare and contrast it to how Canada's former finance minister and later Prime Minister Paul Martin sold his interest in Canada Steamship Lines to his sons when he became PM. From wiki:
In November 1993, the newly re-elected Paul Martin was appointed to the cabinet and named Minister of Finance. On February 1, 1994, Martin placed his shares in CSL Group Inc. under a "Supervisory Agreement" to be managed by lawyers and financial advisors, although he would be allowed to intervene in company decision-making should events warrant.

In June 2002, Martin quit the cabinet as Minister of Finance to pursue a bid for leadership of the Liberal Party of Canada. On March 11, 2003, Martin bowed to public and media pressure on his interest in CSL Group Inc. and announced that he would sell his interests in the company to his three sons, saying that his ownership would "provide an unnecessary distraction during the leadership race."

On December 12, 2003, Martin became the 21st Prime Minister of Canada. On January 28, 2004, the federal government, in response to opposition party and media enquiries, revealed that CSL Group Inc. had received $162 million in federal government contracts, grants and loans since Paul Martin became Minister of Finance in 1993. Earlier figures released in 2003 had suggested CSL Group Inc. had only earned $137,000 in federal government contracts during this time period.
This is different from, but similar to what Trump is doing. Retaining ownership, but not control is what Martin did as Finance Minister for Canada. Martin was criticized at the time for it being his sons, and how much distance was that really? And it's still a legitimate complaint, Trump or Martin, but it had little traction as time went on with Martin.

And then later, as the article above says, the difference between the reported income from the federal government and what actually was spent came out, which was supposedly only $137,000, but was actually $162,000,000? So 1000x what was actually reported. How much of the business should have gone to them as a company anyways, and how much only went to them because they were the company of the sitting Finance Minister? It may be impossible to know.

Similarly, I think the finances of Trump's corporation will be very closely watched, but like CSL, according to wiki they're private, so it's a lot harder to watch that than if it was a public company.

Should be interesting to see what happens here.

Dave

Staff member
"I'm not taking a question from you. You're fake news."

Yes, Trump said that to CNN. I guess his widdle feewings are hurt.

Oh, and right after that he took a question from that bastion of journalistic integrity, Breitbart.

"I'm not taking a question from you. You're fake news."

Yes, Trump said that to CNN. I guess his widdle feewings are hurt.

Oh, and right after that he took a question from that bastion of journalistic integrity, Breitbart.
Cutting off MSM / Lugenpresse and giving only information to "his" media is a smart move. Legitimate press will have to take their info from them, it'll further legitimize them and make the rest look weak. It's also straight out of Berlusconi's playbook.