[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElJuski

Staff member
"Pop...pop" sighed Magnitude as he dismounted, collapsing into the war hero's arms. The smell of frozen pizza still clung on the old man's lips as he whispered, "Goodnight, my love" and leaving a soft wet kiss on the young student's cheek.

BananaHands

Staff member
"Pop...pop" sighed Magnitude as he dismounted, collapsing into the war hero's arms. The smell of frozen pizza still clung on the old man's lips as he whispered, "Goodnight, my love" and leaving a soft wet kiss on the young student's cheek.
I heard all about your crooked penis.

I don't know what the hell was the deal with NBC.com, so someone tell me if we watched the episodes in order:

Dean Heist, Lawyer Stuff, 8-bit episode

But how do they go from "let's save the dean" at the end of one episode to 8-bit to "let's save the dean"? Makes no sense!

And fuck NBC.com. They number the episodes 20, 21, 22, with 8bit as 22.

I knew the end of the lawyering episode felt like the finale.

I think the 8-bit episode would have been serviced better by not being part of "the finale". Just kind of weird / bad timing / production crap.
Yeah, it didn't really seem to have anything to do with the finale. I just ignored that it was supposed to be and enjoyed it for what it was.

I think the 8-bit episode would have been serviced better by not being part of "the finale". Just kind of weird / bad timing / production crap.
I'm hoping on the DVD it'll take place before the Law & Order episode, since breaking up the episodes from that point to the end messes with the narrative.

Also, I don't think Jeff is done; he was focusing on the Biology final, but he still needs one more year to get replace his fake Bachelor's.

BananaHands

Staff member
Sorry, should offer some explanation.

Judging from the Chevy Chase voicemails and just observation of the show, Dan Harmon is responsible for the completely forced love-square that is Jeff, Britta, Annie, Troy that seems way too forced and out of left field in regards to Britta/Troy. He's way too attached to his characters and his idea of where the show should head instead of how the characters are developing.

More than losing Dan Harmon as showrunner what bothers me is his replacements "credentials" and this:
Sony had been "looking at ways to broaden Community and attempt to extend the show's life on NBC,"
gives me a bad feeling.

I wouldn't say it started as a terrible sitcom. It started as a pretty good sitcom with some interesting characters. It was better than the average sitcom, but nothing that really made it stand out.

Everything about the show changed right about the time of the first paintball episode.

Honestly, my favourite parts of the first and second episodes were Duncan and Chang, respectively. It wasn't until the third episode that I got hooked on Abed and eventually everyone else.

My understanding of events is that the first few episodes the writers were not given as much freedom by NBC, and it wasn't until a little later that the writers started to get to take liberties. This coincidentally aligns fairly well with when the show went from bad to excellent.

So, I don't know if we're spoilering stuff or not, so I just will.

HOLY SHIT, Abed went from whimsical to a danger to himself and others. He had a straight up psychotic break. I know it was supposed to be cute, but man, he was ready to cut Jeff's arm off for christ's sake.

ElJuski

Staff member
No way, the first few episodes were still pretty good. They just didn't have the absurd, genre-aping bent of later episodes. In either case, seeing the end of season 3 was a victory in and of itself, and easily works as a series finale even if next year sucks. I still have faith, but hey, we had a good run, guys.

Sorry, should offer some explanation.

Judging from the Chevy Chase voicemails and just observation of the show, Dan Harmon is responsible for the completely forced love-square that is Jeff, Britta, Annie, Troy that seems way too forced and out of left field in regards to Britta/Troy. He's way too attached to his characters and his idea of where the show should head instead of how the characters are developing.
If Sony is looking to expand the viewerbase, you're likely going to see more of what you don't like. Your typical sitcom-viewer eats up that will they/won't they bullshit.

Also there's a really long post on Vulture I think that makes a good case for changing up. Apparently he wasn't very good at management at all. And the people they got came from Happy Endings, which I have heard really good things about.

So, I don't know if we're spoilering stuff or not, so I just will.

HOLY SHIT, Abed went from whimsical to a danger to himself and others. He had a straight up psychotic break. I know it was supposed to be cute, but man, he was ready to cut Jeff's arm off for christ's sake.
Probably because I watch too much garbage, but I get so easily swept up in the fantastical elements of Community that I had to keep reminding myself there was no Evil Abed taking over, just actually Abed being crazy.

Also there's a really long post on Vulture I think that makes a good case for changing up. Apparently he wasn't very good at management at all. And the people they got came from Happy Endings, which I have heard really good things about.
Happy Endings is just horrible. It is people TRYING so hard to be hipster,"young" people.

Plus the gay character in that show is a far more offensive stereotype than the most flamboyant character on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.