[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up who the hell Jason Stackhouse is, and when I found out I didn't care.

But Steve Zahn is cool. And obviously so are Summer Glaum Danny Pudi and Peter Dinklage.

Yeah this was announced a while ago.

NBC hasn't said as much, but I think this is at least partially due to the NHL lockout. NBC is the main broadcaster for NHL games in the states, so as the NHL keeps cancelling blocks of 2-3 weeks of games, NBC is left with gaps in their schedule, and they have ti shift everything around to fill those gaps.

Yeah this was announced a while ago.

NBC hasn't said as much, but I think this is at least partially due to the NHL lockout. NBC is the main broadcaster for NHL games in the states, so as the NHL keeps cancelling blocks of 2-3 weeks of games, NBC is left with gaps in their schedule, and they have ti shift everything around to fill those gaps.
I.... don't think this is true at all. NBC only shows NHL games on Sunday afternoons. This has 0 to do wih the lockout. They're not showing Community on Sunday afternoons

I.... don't think this is true at all. NBC only shows NHL games on Sunday afternoons. This has 0 to do wih the lockout. They're not showing Community on Sunday afternoons
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=560238
NBC remains the exclusive network home of the NHL and Versus stays as the exclusive cable home of the NHL in the United States. NBC and Versus will both feature exclusive "Game of the Week" time slots during the regular season. Between them, NBC and Versus will telecast 100 exclusive regular-season games, nearly double this just-completed regular season total.
Okay, so ESPN doesn't show hockey anymore, NBC has the deal with the NHL for the Winter Classic (A Tuesday), and for the American Thanksgiving Friday game, which the NHL has made clear they are trying to basically take over the way Football has taken over your Thanksgiving Sundays. As well as several Saturdays, and the playoffs. In a ten year deal.

I didn't say they were planning on broadcasting Community on Sunday afternoons. I said not having the slots previously filled by NHL emans they have to reassess their schedule and fill those holes, which means shifting things around.

It sounds like Chevy Chase is trying to get some more creative influence now that Dan Harmon is gone, but then he turns out to be Pierce.
The thing is, with Dan Harmon gone and the show not airing new episodes, we're missing some key information there. From the article:
Reportedly, the 69-year-old former "Saturday Night Live" star was protesting how much more bigoted his "Community" character could be made by the TV series' writers
It seems entirely possible that someone trying to write "broader" humor might take Peirce a little too far. So I don't know what to think, other than to say that Chevy Chase should know better than to use that word. After all, the natural word association from it is "dead honky".

Status
Not open for further replies.