[TV] Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a big John Hodgman fan and avid Judge John Hodgman podcast listener, I'd been looking forward to this episode for months.

The world needs more John Hodgman.
john hodgman 1.jpg

ElJuski

Staff member
I thought the episode was really dumb until they traveled the map. And the Jive Turkeys. Oh dear god, I can't stop laughing at the Jive Turkeys.

ElJuski

Staff member
Am I the only one who didn't really find that 8-bit episode that great?
It's not like Community is beyond criticism--don't let the internet make you believe otherwise. I think the sprite episode and the weird anime / foosball episode were really below par for this season, despite there being a few good jokes.

I actually loved the foosball episode, personally. But the 8-bit one only had 1 bit that made me chuckle. Yes, it was the jive turkeys .

I liked it. If there's one thing that Community has done from the very beginning, it's taking the whole "jumping the sharp" concept with "gimmick" episodes and turning it into an ongoing gag.

I wouldn't say it was as good as previous episodes. Like the last half dozen episodes or so. I swear, the show has been on fire as of late.

ElJuski

Staff member
It was sweet watching the end of the last episode attempt to wrap up the series as a whole in the final montage. I still take issue with the crew's stop-go character development (isn't this like the twelfth time Jeff realized friendship over career?) but as a whole I don't think I really care. The show is such a delight to watch.

Final two episodes were great, particularly the second last one with the Dean heist. Loved that one.
Not really sure what to expect from a 4th season since they skipped ahead to Jeff's final exam for the 3rd season finale. I'm sure they'll work something out that works though (I'm worried they'll bring him back as a teacher, which I don't think would work). Curious to see if Chevy Chase is back for next season or not.
I liked that they wrapped things up in that montage but also set up a few things for next season like the Dean of City college planning his next assualt on Greendale and Jeff searching for his dad. I imagine they'll probably have at least one episode with Jeff's dad introduced. Who do you think will play him?
Oh god, remember Dead Like Me?
I liked this show. And just recently rewatched it. But, well yeah.

ElJuski

Staff member
I'm pissed they keep dragging that storyline along, yeah. Although they surprised me with the second season reveal that Winger and Britta were banging. That was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.