Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

My optician has been on my case for four years to visit an ophthalmologist for high eye pressure.

I have no reason to delay, my insurance will cover it, I just haven't gotten around to making an appointment.

I probably ought to get on that though, glaucoma runs in my family.
Quit fucking with your health, dude. Monday make an appointment. I'm serious, if you have insurance and there's no reason to delay it, just do it and get it taken care of.

My optician has been on my case for four years to visit an ophthalmologist for high eye pressure.

I have no reason to delay, my insurance will cover it, I just haven't gotten around to making an appointment.

I'm with Krisken; quit being a stubborn ass about it. You've got like 30 mouths to feed.

I'm with Krisken; quit being a stubborn ass about it. You've got like 30 mouths to feed.
I struggled with 'like' and 'funny'. Settled on brofist as it seems the middle of the two.

You know you're just hurting yourself by not doing it Stienman. Some things are better caught early, and this is one of them.

The idea of losing my sight terrifies me. Every thing I've read says there are interventions if it is caught early, so I am going to get an appointment ASAP. If it runs in your family (it doesn't run in mine as far as I know), then you really should get on it before it is too late.

Contracting glaucoma will directly affect your ability to put food on the table and toys in your workroom, as well as ruin the satisfaction provided by your new projector. Just sayin'.

Also...

Some of you may remember my earlier struggles with the gas utility in the Winter this year.
Well, we have separate electric meters here for upper and lower floors so his (the Dad-in-law) and our electricity usage can be separately billable. He even rearranged the electrical boxes to make sure that what's ours is ours, and what's his is his.
Bill due Jun 1 - $100. Paid it (a bit late, we didn't get the situation straightened out until early July).
Bill due Jul 1 - $134. Paid it (ok, A/C usage is up, nothing special here).
Bill due Aug 1 - $891. WTF???

Oh. Oh, I see.
See, the house used to be split up as residence upstairs/bizA down front/bizB down back, so there used to be three separate meters. One of them got shut off for non-payment in May (no big deal, he'd been meaning to combine the two biz meters since the biz was terminated in 2012). Turns out the utility decided to tack the balance from that unpaid meter...onto our (upstairs) bill instead of his.
We let him know.
He says he'll try to get it taken care of.
He'd better.

--Patrick

My doctor when I was diagnosed with crazy high blood pressure made me go see an opthamologist that fuckin' day to check for blood pressure related problems. Luckily I had none.

Writing this from the tire shop (fronts are bald to the wires).
Ball joints are bad, both rear springs are broken, floors are rusting through, front subframe is bent and needs to be replaced, and one of the transmission sensors is bad. Total cost? More than I paid for the car 2yrs ago.

Just the tires, please. Also, I'd like a copy of the classifieds, thanks.

--Patrick

Cajungal

Staff member
Jake had a really nasty allergy attack this morning on his day off. The past 2 or 3 times we've made plans they've been stopped by something we can't really control. I had to go feed his parents' poor neglected dogs in his place and now I smell like dogs. About a half hour ago he got out of bed feeling better so that's good. :) Still, no morning hike together, no breakfast. At least it's kind of fun to play nurse.

Zappit

Staff member
Ugh. I posted in the Epic Win thread that my grandfather made it through his heart surgery and got a stent put in. Now, today, he's having more chest pains and discomfort., and the doctors think the stent may have collapsed. It's looking like they're going in again tomorrow to re inflate and reinforce it, but then it might be his cancer causing it, or, just - we don't know.

Zappit

Staff member
Surgery two finished up a little while ago. The stent didn't collapse, but they did open up another artery and put in another stent there. The chest pain he had been having was officially labeled "non-cardiac". So, they're not exactly sure what it might have been causing the pain, but it's probably not quite as bad as congestive heart failure.

The rat begged to come out this morning, so I let him out with me for a couple minutes, figuring he just wanted to wander. Nope, circled around my feet until I picked him up. Then he nestled between my legs like he was going to sleep.

And I have to put him back in the cage because I have to get ready for work, so he can be alone all day, which really sucks.

Fridge isn't keeping temperatures. I opened the freezer door and the temp inside went from 24° to 34° in like a minute. Fridge is way above 45°.

Good thing I rent, so the landlord's getting us a new fridge. Bad thing is, we have to hope everything in the fridge doesn't spoil in the meantime.

The coils were fine. The compressor apparently went out, because even though it was running, it was running hot. And apparently not shooting the coolant through the coils to make the insides cool.

They replaced it with another fridge from the office unit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Something in my office just plain old smells wierd today... kinda somewhere between spoiling food and mildewed leather?

The rat begged to come out this morning, so I let him out with me for a couple minutes, figuring he just wanted to wander. Nope, circled around my feet until I picked him up. Then he nestled between my legs like he was going to sleep.

And I have to put him back in the cage because I have to get ready for work, so he can be alone all day, which really sucks.
@Zero Esc - I just listened to episode 64 of The Tobolowsky Files podcast and thought of you. A portion of the podcast is a story about how he grew attached to a his sons' pet rat. It is quite good. It might be too much for you right now, but it's worth a listen. He's a great story teller.

Impressive. I found exactly that (soft drink cup hidden on a shelf for some reason). Danced that dance before, have you?
I worked 6 years in a line of convenience stores, ranging from midnight cashier to store manager. This was a time when I could tell which brand of smokes you preferred based solely on the odors lingering on your jacket. I can tell you what it smells like when a cashier upends a whole 44oz cup of Mountain Dew straight into the floor safe, nobody cleans it out for a week, and they try to "fix it" by putting a couple strawberry air fresheners in there. Let me tell you this does not make it better at all, it just makes it smell like STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BARF. I can even tell you what a bag-in-a-box of Coca-Cola concentrate is like when someone has left it in a storeroom for five whole years (hint: by that point, it was actually a sphere).

--Patrick

I thought the mouse was gone. It had been two weeks since my wife saw it, with no droppings or chew marks anywhere.

Then, right after I finish putting groceries away, I saw it run from under the fridge to under the oven. Why, of all times, would it run then, when we were home? I barricaded the bottom of the oven, with the only way out now being the capture trap, but the damn thing has me paranoid there's more than one mouse. It's hard to detect an intruder rodent when you have a pet one--every odd sound becomes like Paranormal Activity. "Was it the demon mouse?" " ... no, just Hermes chewing on cardboard/cracking a walnut/hopping around like a spaz."

And STILL no evidence of its existence. It must have a way between apartments and just casually pokes into each one to see what's on the floor, never needing to make a mess before it goes back into the walls.

fade

Staff member
You know what bothers me? Those "All mommy wanted was a backrub" onesies. It looks like you have an unwanted kid and a rape case. Or you begrudgingly gave into sex with your partner, which must make him feel great.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know what bothers me? Those "All mommy wanted was a backrub" onesies. It looks like you have an unwanted kid and a rape case. Or you begrudgingly gave into sex with your partner, which must make him feel great.
For some reason, this brought this to mind.

Cajungal

Staff member
It is really tasteless and creepy. Another favorite, actually bought by a guy I know: "Daddy drinks because I cry."

Ahh yes... T-Shirt Hell, and their fledgling baby-clothes line, Baby Hell. Makers of such fine clothing as the "I support single moms" shirt with the silhouette of a woman on a stripper pole, and other "edgy" offerings. That's just what this world needs, the ability to be crass in public without saying a word. The last call center I ran had an employee who seemed to think those were appropriate shirts to wear to work, even though we had clients wandering through with no notice. He didn't last long, though his getting caught doing coke in the parking lot before his shift definitely had something to do with that.

The humidex today hit near 40 C today. So, my girlfriend and I literally spent the entire evening in my car driving around with the AC cranked. Gas prices be damned. Also in a related whine, she's going to Ontario for a couple of weeks to visit her family. I am going to be sad.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maaaaan. I just found out today that there was a skyrim modder named JackGA who made some really excellent mods for Skyrim, but he got banned from the nexus because a lot of them had copyrighted characters in them (he had follower mods that added DOA and Soulcalibur characters as possible followers). Apparently his work can still be found on the mod-site-that-shall-not-be-named, but that's as useless to me as tits on a bull because if a mod isn't on the nexus, it might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. There's no way in hell I'm going to manage the file conflicts of 80 skyrim mods manually.

Maaaaan. I just found out today that there was a skyrim modder named JackGA who made some really excellent mods for Skyrim, but he got banned from the nexus because a lot of them had copyrighted characters in them (he had follower mods that added DOA and Soulcalibur characters as possible followers). Apparently his work can still be found on the mod-site-that-shall-not-be-named, but that's as useless to me as tits on a bull because if a mod isn't on the nexus, it might as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. There's no way in hell I'm going to manage the file conflicts of 80 skyrim mods manually.
You can install other mods with NMM, too. Just plop the zip file into you Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods folder and you should find it under unassigned.