Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Apparently at some point or another, my gmail account got cracked into and the bot collected all the contact details it could. Google's IP login details don't go back far enough to say when this was. An old friend emailed me to say they got a spam email from my address. The only hint I have of others is in my spam folder I found failed-to-send notifications to addresses that weren't active anymore, but nonetheless were people I had emailed in some cases years ago.

So some bot collected addresses from my account and is now sending out emails to all my contacts with my email address spoofed into the return field, so it's far too late to put a stop to. I have no real idea for sure how far the extent of the damage is, but I'll have to assume it probably sent to anybody I'd ever had contact with on that account.

Including a client I had done business with.

I'll also have to go through and change passwords on anything I'd ever signed up for with that email, as I assume whatever did this also had the ability to download a copy of my entire email archive.

Urgh.

fade

Staff member
Sleep with it. Wake up early and make eggs for it while wearing its shirt. Begin to date it seriously. Just when you think it's never going to commit, it'll propose to you in the most thoughtful way. Then stand toe to toe with it at the altar, and brush back its hair from its eyes and kiss it longingly as you say I do. Authenticate with it to some Barry White. Nine months later, give birth to its child. See that child through school and off to college. Grow ever fonder of it through your autumn years, until the day comes that it goes to join Wave and Reader in the Cloud. Weep over its fresh grave and bring it flowers.

Sleep with it. Wake up early and make eggs for it while wearing its shirt. Begin to date it seriously. Just when you think it's never going to commit, it'll propose to you in the most thoughtful way. Then stand toe to toe with it at the altar, and brush back its hair from its eyes and kiss it longingly as you say I do. Authenticate with it to some Barry White. Nine months later, give birth to its child. See that child through school and off to college. Grow ever fonder of it through your autumn years, until the day comes that it goes to join Wave and Reader in the Cloud. Weep over its fresh grave and bring it flowers.
This made me uncharacteristically sad. Thanks @fade! You ruined THIS too.

Can I get my take-home from the County garage now, plzkthx? I'm tired of fighting the rookies for pool cars... *whinge whine moan*
My uncle just lost his when he went from SIU back to patrol when he made Sargent. Thankfully there are 2 Sargents on every shift and they both get a SUV. not going to lie he loves having the same pool suv every night.

I miss 5509. She was my baby up north.[DOUBLEPOST=1405464047,1405463542][/DOUBLEPOST]As for an actual whine, I bought a bag of sour Jolly Ranchers at the theater today and they're maybe the least sour sour candy I've ever purchased. That blows.

I wish theaters sold Warheads.

And my exema sweat rash is in FULL SWING! Takes every ounce of endurance to not scratch, and I'm not sure if the moisturizer I'm using is actually working. Fun fun fun.

fade

Staff member
So Sunday I found out the hard way that battery acid really does instantly eat through your skin when the battery is freshly charged. Burns like a mother. I only got a small drop on my finger but it was not pleasant. It ate through in the time it took to run from my motorcycle to the hose. And my finger swelled up twice its size.

Then today I decided to change the oil in my mini for the first time ( the free dealer ones ran out ). Get the car up, drain it. Huh looks like a small amount of oil. Glad I checked. Drop car. Pour in 2 qts of expensive synthetic, check level. Overfilled. Craaaaaap. I drained the gear oil. How much is new? Has to be GL-4, not the cheaper or more common GL-3 or GL-5. $21 dollars a quart?!? And I need 2. Plus two quarts oil to replace the ones I just wasted. Craaaap.

fade

Staff member
So Sunday I found out the hard way that battery acid really does instantly eat through your skin when the battery is freshly charged. Burns like a mother. I only got a small drop on my finger but it was not pleasant. It ate through in the time it took to run from my motorcycle to the hose. And my finger swelled up twice its size.

Then today I decided to change the oil in my mini for the first time ( the free dealer ones ran out ). Get the car up, drain it. Huh looks like a small amount of oil. Glad I checked. Drop car. Pour in 2 qts of expensive synthetic, check level. Overfilled. Craaaaaap. I drained the gear oil. How much is new? Has to be GL-4, not the cheaper or more common GL-3 or GL-5. $21 dollars a quart?!? And I need 2. Plus two quarts oil to replace the ones I just wasted. Craaaap.
The upside of all this is that the Royal Purple gear oil I put in feels noticeably superior to the Mini so-called lifetime fluid (a claim they've been sued over). The transmission definitely feels smoother. The only problem is that Royal Purple is designed to be changed relatively often.

I'm trying to spend more time with our surviving rat, but he seems disinterested. On the one hand, I knew this about him and it's why I was relieved he was last one standing, because he gets really into his activities, but at the same time I'm like "hey buddy, let's bond!" and he's like "No thanks, dad, I'd rather crack walnut shells with my teeth for seven hours."

Just like me and my dad.

doomdragon6

Staff member
I'm still working on getting over girl-I-almost-dated. I don't know why it's taking so long? Maybe a slight lack of closure (that I won't go seeking), who knows.

I had a really fucking weird dream where she and Rapunzel from Tangled were fighting each other and had stretchy arms and legs like Jake from Adventure Time.

I really don't know what that dream means.

LOL. I'm available for questions if you need clarification on anything.
Thanks I may take you up on it in a few day when I have to compile some data.
This incident in particular was a mistake I made, but it was more about wording than working the statistics problems itself. The research question was something to the effect of, "Does the frequency in which people brush their teeth have an effect on their overall health?" (That is not the exact question, but it'll do.) I proposed that people who frequently brush their teeth would not be any more or less healthy than those who brush less often (aka: I did not believe the null hypothesis should be rejected). Well, as I found out today, the way I worded it is incorrect since frequency and frequently imply different things, plus "frequently" is not defined. Yet it is sort of correct when you think about it since I want to look at people who brush frequently as well as those who do not. It's still not right even if I can rationalize it to be so. Frequency is all of the possibilities,

Oh my head. I told this to my husband and he even went cross-eyed. lol

It's not the first time I've botched an explanation in this class due to my misuse of a word. It's frustrating since I know what I'm saying isn't "wrong", but for the purpose of the exercises in this class, and any future research I might need to do, it is incorrect.

It is a bit semantic but I get what your instructor is saying. A difference in frequency does not necessitate that anyone brushed frequently, after all, just that some people did so (at least a little) more than others. It is a little nitpicky to me, but I get it.

It is a bit semantic but I get what your instructor is saying. A difference in frequency does not necessitate that anyone brushed frequently, after all, just that some people did so (at least a little) more than others. It is a little nitpicky to me, but I get it.
Yes, but as anyone in college well knows each professor is different. Some let you slide on minor things while others are picky about everything. I'm just glad that I'm doing ok as far as the more technical work using the SPSS software. The next assignment is to get raw scores for a survey I had about 25 friends fill out. That makes me nervous mainly because I haven't had to do it before and the instructions seem vague. It'll probably end up easier than my head is making it out to be right now. At least I don't need to specify frequently or frequency when I run a bunch of numbers in a program. :/

Yes, but as anyone in college well knows each professor is different. Some let you slide on minor things while others are picky about everything. I'm just glad that I'm doing ok as far as the more technical work using the SPSS software. The next assignment is to get raw scores for a survey I had about 25 friends fill out. That makes me nervous mainly because I haven't had to do it before and the instructions seem vague. It'll probably end up easier than my head is making it out to be right now. At least I don't need to specify frequently or frequency when I run a bunch of numbers in a program. :/
Re: SPSS - Each subject is a row in the spreadsheet and each column is a measure. I don't know what the nature of the assignment is, but once you have columns = responses and rows = people down, it is just a matter of selecting the right analysis to conduct.

I have to look over the instructions for this part of the assignment more carefully, but since this is a step-by-step project I think at this point I only need the totals, means, and SD. Basic stuff so she can make sure we've all gotten at least this much right.

btw : SPSS is so much easier to work with than Excel was in my last stats class. Excel and I are not friends, not even frenemies.

SPSS is a god send after they train you on excel, since most places thats all they have when you are in a bind to get numbers to some jerkhole stat and all you have is a laptop with microsoft office.

Zappit

Staff member
So...not feeling so great tonight. Rough day. My grandfather had another heart attack, and while he was getting x-rays, it was discovered his cancer had spread to his ribs. He needs an angioplasty or his heart will give out, but because of his weakened condition and his cancer, his doctors are worried about putting him under. But there's no choice. It's getting done on Monday, and I'm scared for him.

I was supposed to take out formerly mixed message lady to dinner tonight. I was watching youtube on my living room tv late this afternoon and woke up....20 minutes ago. I know I haven't been sleeping much, but fuuuuuck, come on body. She didn't answer my call. I assume for anger related reasons.

Yesterday Cary knocked over a cup of my tea off the computer table (he was running around under a sheet being a spooky ghost and wasn't watching where he was going). A few papers got wet (nothing serious) but this happened about 30min before I had to leave for work, and the majority of the spilled tea went right into my shoes which were sitting right next to the table. Much scurrying ensued.

--Patrick

I love my dad, but oy. He's such a sharp guy and looks 15 years younger than he is that I forget he's also in his 50s and not internet-savvy. He called me earlier this week going on about how we could make it big selling T-shirts on "this site I just found out about; it's called Zazzle, people can make a ton of money off this." And I have to be the one to break it to him that this isn't a business partnership you make; you post your art to be printed onto stuff, but the people buying it is in accordance with how many people even see it. I'll upload whatever he wants to it, but he shouldn't be looking at this as a windfall just because of a years-late CNN editorial.

I was supposed to take out formerly mixed message lady to dinner tonight. I was watching youtube on my living room tv late this afternoon and woke up....20 minutes ago. I know I haven't been sleeping much, but fuuuuuck, come on body. She didn't answer my call. I assume for anger related reasons.
Allllright. Round two tonight. I shouldn't be this nervous, I know this person really well.