Export thread

Whine like a baby, now with 500% more drama!

Limit: 500

strawman

strawman

Wherein you'll find a place for your whines that you recognize are self-centered and/or unreasonable, not really suitable for the rant threads or even the not so serious rant thread.

I'm currently bummed that my warranty replacement SSD hasn't arrived on my doorstep yet. I won't actually do anything with it once it arrives - I replaced it with another, and this one will be a spare.

I just want MOARE PACKAGES.

(yes, I'm still poor - this is a business expense! I swear!)
Added at: 22:58
Also, I'm having absolutely no luck finding a torrent for OS X 10.4.10 for the 2007 intel mac mini. I need it to test a kernel driver I'm developing. Why aren't pirates pirating the stuff I need, and have a license to use?!? GET TO WORK, SOFTWARE PIRATES!

Also, Apple's a jerk for not making those discs easily and readily available.

phil

phil

My car repair cost more than I anticipated. I can still afford it, but I won't have as much money as I could have.

I wish I didn't have to pay as much for skills I don't personally poses.

LittleSin

LittleSin

My tooth hurts for no reason. >_- No cavity, no gum rot...it is just fucking aching.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I *HATE* that shit LittleSin, I know exactly what you mean.

Denbrought

Denbrought

The kitties on-campus won't let me pet them anymore ;_; I must still smell of spain or some weird shit. There's a few new ones, like this adorably tiny black one that I see running around whenever I pass by a small creek near my dorm <3

Emrys

Emrys

My mom's husband is dying of cancer and I want to go down to visit and say goodbye before he dies.
So I go to the Air Canada website to book a flight and find that they want $2800 to fly one-way to Mobile. WTF!
If I'm going to get screwed that hard, I want roses and a phone call the next day.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The kitties on-campus won't let me pet them anymore ;_; I must still smell of spain or some weird shit. There's a few new ones, like this adorably tiny black one that I see running around whenever I pass by a small creek near my dorm <3

Are we talking about actual kitties or is this a particularly personal nickname you have for campus hotties?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

My mom's husband is dying of cancer and I want to go down to visit and say goodbye before he dies.
So I go to the Air Canada website to book a flight and find that they want $2800 to fly one-way to Mobile. WTF!
If I'm going to get screwed that hard, I want roses and a phone call the next day.
For $2800, I'll even make you breakfast the next morning.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Are we talking about actual kitties or is this a particularly personal nickname you have for campus hotties?
Naw, actual kitties.

The population of hot fresmen on campus has, like, quintupled, and they love wearing yoga pants. Already hitting on a few, nothing to whine about there.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

You lucky bastard.

Fun Size

Fun Size

My tooth hurts for no reason. >_- No cavity, no gum rot...it is just fucking aching.
This may sound weird, but are you stuffed up? I started getting a toothache, and when I went to the dentist, he said to have my sinuses checked. Turns out I had a sinus infection. No runny nose - just mild headaches and toothache caused by a shared nerve.

Baby whine: I've only gotten to play Bioshock twice this week, for a collective hour and a half. This makes me sad.

Emrys

Emrys

For $2800, I'll even make you breakfast the next morning.
You are a true gentleman.

Adam

Adammon

Now both my ear drums are infected. Going through life feeling like you're wearing ear muffs is not fun :( Unless it's real ear muffs.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I used to use SMS alerts for sports scores and breaking news. Until Sprint raised the rates they charge the 3rd party content providers and ESPN, MSNBC, Yahoo, The Weather Channel, etc. all cut off Sprint users from their services.

Sprint calls those texts a "bonus" feature, and won't let me get out of the ETF to cancel service.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Stupid car's PA mic is broken... now I can't fuss at people audibly. :(

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Been goddamn fucking bored and lonely since moving to Presque Isle, ME. There's almost literally nowhere to go, unless you count a Wal-Mart *gag*. The "comic" store here is a hobby store that's more for cards, coins, etc. They don't even have a shelf for comics or anything.

And yeah, I've been going through some really rough bouts of depression in the past week. Tried getting a head start on my schoolwork, but can't even keep focused on that.

Been feeling a little better in the last day or two. No idea why. Tonight, there was a bonfire for all the on-campus newbies (and any other student). I went and was there for maybe, maybe ten minutes. I have absolutely no confidence or knowledge on how to mingle or do any sort of icebreakers.

Feeling really pathetic and really hoping things will get better once class starts Monday.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I feel puffy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Gas? Is it gas? It's probably gas. It's usually gas for me. It's likely just gas. Most times, it's just gas.

Is it gas?

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, it's all the cake tasting I've done tonight. I'm throwing a party tomorrow and have been baking all night. Too much... tasting.
Added at: 23:36
I'm gonna get up early to do the elliptical before I vacuum and mix the punch.

phil

phil

I went to bed really early withthe intent of getting up early to do work outside. I overslept anyway. sometimes I think my bed is too comfy and it inhibits productivity.

evilmike

evilmike

I had a problem like this several years ago. It felt as if a molar was about to abscess. It ended up being a minor infection in a salivary gland. The treatment was an anti-biotic and massaging the back of my jaw to clear any blockage.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Someone at work operates on the same poo schedule as me, and we only have one stall in the men's bathroom. EVERY DAY I need to poo at almost the exact time -I won't say what time, some things are just too private- and they are ALWAYS in there when I need to go.
Added at: 04:03
This may sound weird, but are you stuffed up? I started getting a toothache, and when I went to the dentist, he said to have my sinuses checked. Turns out I had a sinus infection. No runny nose - just mild headaches and toothache caused by a shared nerve.

Baby whine: I've only gotten to play Bioshock twice this week, for a collective hour and a half. This makes me sad.
I once had a toothache that was caused by an ear infection.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Someone at work operates on the same poo schedule as me, and we only have one stall in the men's bathroom. EVERY DAY I need to poo at almost the exact time -I won't say what time, some things are just too private- and they are ALWAYS in there when I need to go.
Oh man, I know your pain. I hate that!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Crap, man, that stinks. Must get you flushed with anger.

The dude's probably just a brown-nosing shit disturber.

makare

you poo at work every day? that is amazing to me because i would only do that at work if it were completely unavoidable. I mean like medical emergency type situation.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

It wasn't until this problem started that I realized I have a poo schedule.
It double sucks because while I like to get in and get out, whoever this guy is (I still haven't identified him by his shoes), he is the kind of pooer who takes his time. I wind up holding it for an hour, EVERY. DAY.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

If it's the same time every day, could you get in early, before you know you need to?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

If it's the same time every day, could you get in early, before you know you need to?
Strangely, even on the odd day where its a slightly earlier time, he's in there. Swear to God.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Maybe he is doing it on purpose.

Krisken

Krisken

It wasn't until this problem started that I realized I have a poo schedule.
It double sucks because while I like to get in and get out, whoever this guy is (I still haven't identified him by his shoes), he is the kind of pooer who takes his time. I wind up holding it for an hour, EVERY. DAY.
You hold your poo for an hour? Doesn't that cause a lot of churning and bubbling?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Only if he has a high butter production quota...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You hold your poo for an hour? Doesn't that cause a lot of churning and bubbling?
Yes.
Added at: 05:29
After about a week, this is exactly what I thought of.

makare

pfft weaksauce. The longest I've gone is 6 days.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That just can't be healthy.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I thought of a not-poo related whine:
I'm moving on Tuesday, just into a friend's place for a bit while I continue the search for an apartment of my own, but still. My lease is up here and I gotta get out with all my junk in tow. So far only one person is coming to help, other than my dad who is coming to drive the truck. Gonna be fuuuuuun.....
Added at: 05:39
1) Impressive.
2) That's not what I meant by a week, I just meant a week of having to hold it in for half an hour to an hour each day.
3)If that's what we're talking about though, I think my record is only 4 days, when my friends and I went camping and made a contest out of that. A painful, unhealthy contest.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

So, it's true! Law students ARE full of shit!

makare

lol no that was long before law school. I cant believe ive gotten myself into this conversation XD but I was referring to discomfort relating to holding it for a hour.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

lol no that was long before law school. I cant believe ive gotten myself into this conversation XD but I was referring to discomfort relating to holding it for a hour.
Oh, well then this has gone on for nearly two months. And yeah, I'm surprised (well, not THAT surprised) that post got that much of a response. Let's talk about something else now.

makare

I'm itchy....

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

... there's just no appropriate way to follow up on that one...

Denbrought

Denbrought

... there's just no appropriate way to follow up on that one...
Except "I'm scratchy..."

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm itchy....
Me too! I got bit all over by mosquitoes tonight, but its not them that's itching. Its my toe. And that's the worst.

David

David

I've gone without for up to 3 days while camping and having a phobia of squatting for it in the wilderness.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Except "I'm scratchy..."
I'm Poochy! Alway's recycle........TO THE EXTREME!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Going back to the poo-withholding issue... My personal record is three days.

It was when I was in the army, and we had some pretty intense bivouac training sessions, meaning that any second we could be getting orders. And because going to squeeze some pastry would have necessitated
1.) removing two light bazookas
2.) removing the assault rifle
3.) removing the heavy assault belt
4.) removing the shrapnel vest and
5.) opening several layers of clothing to get to the suspenders
before you could crap in the woods... well, you can't do that very quickly, and we were constantly on edge.

Needless to say, by the time we got back I just about detonated the toilet.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The funny thing is, I am positive you've told us that story before.
I love this place.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ranger's story about army training means this shit just got real! :p

Mathias

Mathias

Good idea, this thread. However, it's going to clear out 99.9% of the rant threads.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The funny thing is, I am positive you've told us that story before.
I love this place.
Eh, I'm like TV during summer. All reruns.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is too damned hard to sleep in the hospital. Seemed like there was some one poking me at least every hour.

Mathias

Mathias

It is too damned hard to sleep in the hospital. Seemed like there was some one poking me at least every hour.
The was just my penis.

fade

fade

Going back to the poo-withholding issue... My personal record is three days.

It was when I was in the army, and we had some pretty intense bivouac training sessions, meaning that any second we could be getting orders. And because going to squeeze some pastry would have necessitated
1.) removing two light bazookas
2.) removing the assault rifle
3.) removing the heavy assault belt
4.) removing the shrapnel vest and
5.) opening several layers of clothing to get to the suspenders
before you could crap in the woods... well, you can't do that very quickly, and we were constantly on edge.

Needless to say, by the time we got back I just about detonated the toilet.
Yeah, my wife says that she learned to hold urine for 12 hours when she was a patrol cop, because she swears the utility belt was designed specifically to prevent female cops from peeing.

fade

fade

Here's a whine. Why can't I live in the city I love? I did my postdoc in Boston, and I would dearly love to move back there. There just aren't any jobs for my skillset there, and every one I see, I apply to. When those counselors are telling you to stay in school growing up, they ought to add, "But stop at a master's degree, or you start screwing yourself over again."

phil

phil

There aren't geology programs that need earthbenders up there?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

THE BOULDER HAS A PhD NOW!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Good idea, this thread. However, it's going to clear out 99.9% of the rant threads.
I actually thought the Minor Rant Thread had reached its page limit and this was just the new one until that one got a bump.

phil

phil

I like to think that each rant thread has it's own specific level for every kind of problem.

Regular rant thread is for real problems. I just lost my job.

Minor rant thread is for less serious but still annoying problems. My racist aunt is coming into town and my family has to pretend like we don't notice it.

This thread is for things that aren't really problems. I like to think of it like first world problems from reddit. I hate having to pay as much as I do for the miracle that is clean running water.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So if I wanted to complain that I'm moving on Tuesday and only have my dad and one other person coming to help me, that'd be the Minor Rants thread, but if I wanted to complain that packing sucks cause I have too much stuff, that'd be here?

phil

phil

Too much stuff that you think is so nice that you have to keep it, specifically.

Like if you just owned a bunch of shit you'd just throw it out.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I just broke an egg.

Why am I cooking eggs at five to 12 in the night?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I just broke an egg.

Why am I cooking eggs at five to 12 in the night?
Because it's a shell of a late night snack? :D

phil

phil

That's eggaggerating it a bit.

makare

These puns deserve a standing ovation

(huh huh good enough?)

phil

phil

Puns are my favorite type of yoke.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Stop egging them on, mak.

makare

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yeah, these puns are leaving my brains scrambled.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I don't understand these two:
...This skeleton walks into a bar and says, "I'd like a beer and a mop..."
...It was a doctor's regular habit to stop off at a bar for a hazelnut daiquiri on his way home and, aware of his habit, the bartender would always have the drink waiting for him at precisely 5:18 PM. One afternoon as the end of the work-day neared the bartender was dismayed to find he was out of hazelnut extract but, thinking quickly, he threw together a daiquiri made with hickory nuts and set it on the bar. The doctor came in at his regular time, took one sip of the drink, then exclaimed: "This isn't a hazelnut daiquiri", to which the bartender replied, "No, I'm sorry, it's a hickory daiquiri, doc."
Explain? >_>"

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

When something is referred to as a skeleton, it is assumed that they are without any other major organs. Thus, if the skeleton were to pour any liquid into its mouth, rather than following any digestive systems, it would end up in a puddle on the floor. The skeleton preemptively asks for a mop, aware of the impending mess that will happen once he starts to imbibe.

For the second, the punch line sounds similar to a line in a nursery rhyme, making it reference humor.

ps: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke

makare

I guess I am a weirdo because usually explanations do not ruin jokes for me.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Hooray, I have learnt something today, I'm eggstatic!

phil

phil

You seem to be really coming out of your shell with the new things you've learned.

Philosopher B.

He's so eggscited

And he just can't hide it

Gusto

Gusto

Minor rant and I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY:

I don't mind puns, really. One or two are fine. But when I load up one of my watched threads with new posts and there's a page and a half of puns, it makes me want to flip my desk.

Philosopher B.

Here's a good pun to make up for it:

Also, if I may use this thread for its intended purpose, my room is a mess after I moved all my shit to the opposite side, away from the windows. Turns out all we got was a little rain and electricity problems. So much for the tornadoes and shit. IRENE YOU BITCH.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Gusto said:
Minor rant and I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY I don't mind puns, really. One or two are fine. But when I load up one of my watched threads with new posts and there's a page and a half of puns, it makes me want to flip my desk.
Kind of how like I'm sick of my New Posts feed getting eaten up by "+1 post lol" threads?

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

I agree with Shego.

Also there's this girl I like and she doesn't like me.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I've got nothing against the puns, but that was pretty funny.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Yeah, they go over easy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Wah, my PC doesn't handle TF2 as well as it used to. I want a new computer, but that ain't happening.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Minor rant and I DON'T WANT ANYONE TO TAKE IT PERSONALLY:

I don't mind puns, really. One or two are fine. But when I load up one of my watched threads with new posts and there's a page and a half of puns, it makes me want to flip my desk.
You're addicted to flipping things.

Emrys

Emrys

I gave blood this evening and they used the needles with extra barbs. Owie owie owie owie!
Shego would be so proud.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Can't give blood. They're afraid I might have the Mad Cow.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Can't give blood. They're afraid I might have the Mad Cow.
Same here, they won't take my european mudblood :< I still manage to donate 3~ times by doing it whenever I swing by home.

Gusto

Gusto

It's so cold in my office.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Flip the thermostat.

Wait, you get an office? (╯°□°)╯︵ oʇsnפ

Denbrought

Denbrought

Flip the thermostat.

Wait, you get an office? (╯°□°)╯︵ oʇsnפ
Stop doing that already

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

No.

(ノ・_・)ノ 彡 ┻━┻

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Goddamn trojans viruses. Why must they even exist? Ugh. I'm so sick of them. Fortunately, the most recent one I got was removed pretty quick but still. They're fucking annoying as all hell.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Do you use Microsoft Security Essentials as your anti-virus Nick?

Ever since I switched I've NEVER had a virus issue.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I was using a trial of Malwarebytes, which recently expired. THAT was working like a damn charm.

So I bought it today.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hm, I would have suggested just using the free MSE. You know, cause it's free and it's low in memory usage?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yeah. But this one's saved me more grief than others. I'm willing to shell out $20.

LittleSin

LittleSin

This comic page is due tomorrow night and it doesn't look quite like I want it. It is my own fault, I should have started it earlier and I am always trying different things.

Oh well. It WILL be done.

makare

i use the microsoft one but have to run an extra malware program every once in a while.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The internet is quiet tonight. A little TOO quiet! :ninja:

fade

fade

Well, I just had to delete my dad's comments off of the facebook status where I said "Eid Saeed to those to whom it applies". They weren't bad, but they had potential.

David

David

Nobody comments on my art immediately after I post it :(

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I haven't been able to make any art!

makare

I never learned to read!!

Adam

Adammon

I am incomprehensibly irritated today. Yesterday was bad, with the girls in the office taking the time to twirl around in their new sun dresses and constantly ask me if they look pretty (Dunderheaded ninnymuggins) but I'm just getting into work now and I'm already irritable.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm being tested by my new branch manager. She's pushing my limits on what I can "handle" work wise. I've done about 3-4 weeks worth of work in less than a week. I'm feeling the pressure and not sure if I'll break or finish it all.....

Emrys

Emrys

I am incomprehensibly irritated today. Yesterday was bad, with the girls in the office taking the time to twirl around in their new sun dresses and constantly ask me if they look pretty (Dunderheaded ninnymuggins) but I'm just getting into work now and I'm already irritable.
Where do you work? Pretty Little Princess School?

Adam

Adammon

Where do you work? Pretty Little Princess School?
Marketing. So basically, yes.

makare

I hate trial tech. I don't want to practice voir dire and opening statements. WHINE. i know i have to but i dont want to.

makare

I'll probably have a general practice.

Emrys

Emrys

But... I wanted to be the prettiest princess!
You already are, stienman. You already are.

figmentPez

figmentPez

But... I wanted to be the prettiest princess!
It'll cost you.
512G7DYF8XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

makare

I have that!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I have that!
My sisters have the version from before it got Disnified.

makare

I have that one too!

phil

phil

I've been meaning to listen to purple rain all week. I have the movie recorded on my DVR but haven't taken the time to fast forward through it. So of course I sit down in a wingstop and realize that it's playing but already at the end.

makare

well i just alienated half my family through face book with this response to a family member "Wow Courtney I never guessed you would grow up to be both racist and stupid. good job making SD look even more backwards and ignorant than we already do. Well done."

how much do I care about this.. not at all. I'm not going to put up with this shit from strangers I'm certainly not going to let it go with family. It's ridiculous.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

well i just alienated half my family through face book
Lucky. I should get back on Facebook and see what I can do.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*whine* I want it to be the weekend NOW! I'm not usually one to complain about that. My weeks are fun and productive. Time's moving so slowly since I have something to look forward to. I wanna see my brother, dang it!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just dropped half a C note on a new fountain pen to replace the one I "lost", when my daughter dug the missing pen out of her toy box.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I know it's a rather unintuitive system, but I'm so annoyed by people who don't bother to learn how @replies work on Twitter.

Here's the deal. If I say:
@Obscurus_Lupa is totally awesome and everyone should go follow her right now.
The only people who will see that message are those who follow both her and I on Twitter or who view my Twitter feed directly (and possibly her or people searching for her username, if search is working properly). That's a very short list, and leaves the message completely pointless. None of my followers who don't allready follow Obscurus Lupa will see that message show up in their feed.

I see that type of thing done so much and it irks me. I don't even know how to politely correct the people who do it. It's a fiddly little problem that doesn't immediately become clear in a 140 character explanation.

Really, it's Twitter's fault. They even removed the option to see @replies to people you don't follow, because they thought it was too confusing to users.

So, if you use Twitter, just remember to put a period or some other character before the @ if you want to just mention someone in a tweet instead of make an @reply.

EDIT: On a side note, I just used my 666th tweet to apologize to someone. I suck at being evil.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My two cents: Literally nothing about Twitter makes even the slightest bit of sense.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

It's my day off, weather is wet, cold, and otherwise crap, I feel like shit, so of course CoH servers are down for extended maintenance today.

makare

My two cents: Literally nothing about Twitter makes even the slightest bit of sense.
I was going to like this but I hate to break up a good 69.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dammit, I wish Youtube would let me set preferences per computer. On my desktop I want it to default to HD, but my netbook can't handle that.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

If you look up Mad World on Youtube, you're likely to see Glee or Adam Lambert or Gary Jules or any other cover that misses the point rather than the Tears for Fears original. The song's called Mad World not fucking Sad World.

TommiR

TommiR

If the lights are off in the kitchen, do the dirty dishes really exist?

*sigh*

makare

do they stink? smell knows no luminescence.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My friend wants to run Tomb of Horrors, so we're all rolling up multiple level 15 characters. There are too many feats, powers and magic items to choose from when you're rolling up a character that has already reached the paragon tier.

TommiR

TommiR

do they stink? smell knows no luminescence.
They do, but I've found that the aroma of dirty clothes carefully arranged on the floors and furniture around the apartment serves well to camouflage the stench of dirty dishes.

makare

the science of stench. or filth feng shui

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My friend wants to run Tomb of Horrors, so we're all rolling up multiple level 15 characters. There are too many feats, powers and magic items to choose from when you're rolling up a character that has already reached the paragon tier.
Just tell me what you want to play and how much you want to annoy the DM/Party.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just tell me what you want to play and how much you want to annoy the DM/Party.
And what is your rate for Munchkinning a character? I think you should have pamphlets to advertise this service. *grins*

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

We've been encouraged to roll up multiple characters. So far I've rolled up a dragonborn Warlord, who I intend to play as being the very pinnacle of chivalry. I built him to be very Charismatic, extremely helpful, and picked just about anything that used the word "inspiring". I expect him to be die probably 3 rounds into the first encounter. I still need to take him shopping, but other than equipment he's done.
I've also begun to create a human Rogue, gearing him towards the Ruthless Ruffian build because I like the idea of bludgeoning people blind. I intend for him to be the polar opposite of the Warlord. He'll last a bit longer, I expect. He will be a complete asshole, who will probably cause the deaths, either directly or indirectly, of more party members than monsters. He's only level 3 right now in terms of powers and feats, though I've worked out his Ability Scores up to level 15.
Right now I'm rolling up a goliath Warden, in an effort to just completely maximize my HP and see if I can survive the Tomb that way. I also took Eyes of the Hawk, so hopefully that will give me a bit of an edge for spotting traps. He's in the same state as the Rogue right now.
I plan on doing a forth as well; a sort of alternate-timeline version of my character from our woefully unfinished campaign. A dwarf Fighter who was all about aggro. He was level 5 when we all graduated and stopped playing that campaign, and I never got to level him up to Paragon path.

We're using Fantasy Grounds to play it, cause we're all spread out over the province now. None of us have ever used this before, and we're jumping straight into TOH.

makare

I played a game wherei had to plan two 15 level characters, well one was 13 but because of all these other components she was just as powerful as a 15 level. I don't understand this stuff in general so I had to have my hand held through the whole process. But goddamn if one of those characters wasnt my favorite all time character. It was loads of fun. Lots of work but it pays off.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Right now I'm rolling up a goliath Warden, in an effort to just completely maximize my HP and see if I can survive the Tomb that way. I also took Eyes of the Hawk, so hopefully that will give me a bit of an edge for spotting traps. He's in the same state as the Rogue right now.
level 15
Goliath, Warden,
Paragon path: Storm Sentinel
Build: Earth Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 24, Dex 11, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 9.

AC: 33 Fort: 30 Reflex: 22 Will: 23
HP: 139 Surges: 16 Surge Value: 36

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +15, Perception +13, Endurance +16, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Guard of Stone
Level 2: Markings of the Elements Legacy of War
Level 4: Earthstrength Resilience
Level 6: Elemental Boon
Level 8: Revitalizing Font of Life
Level 10: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 11: Earthstrength Defenses
Level 12: Earth's Punishment
Level 14: Enhanced Font of Life

POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Strength of Stone
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden encounter 1: Roots of Stone
Warden daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Warden utility 2: Inspiring Fortitude
Warden encounter 3: Earthgrasp Strike
Warden daily 5: Boiling Cloud
Warden utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden encounter 7: Mountain Hammer
Warden daily 9: Form of the Oak Sentinel
Warden utility 10: Earthstride
Warden encounter 13: Stormhowler's Strike (replaces Roots of Stone)
Warden daily 15: Form of the Crushing Mountain (replaces Form of Winter's Herald)

ITEMS
Feyhide Armor of Resistance +4,
Guardian's Call Broadsword +3,
Bracers of Wound Closure (paragon tier),
Rapidstrike Bracers (paragon tier),
Fireburst Boots (paragon tier),
Antipathy Gloves (heroic tier),
Amulet of Scales +3,
Crown of Eyes (paragon tier),
Belt of Vigor (paragon tier),
Demonskin Tattoo (paragon tier),
Cognizance Ring (paragon tier), Foe Binder Ring (paragon tier)

This build is one the relies on your unique warden/goliath abilitites heavily, it doesn't deal great amounts of damage but that's not what you are supposed to do. This is built to absorb/deflect damage and make saving throws!

Now everything does damage and damage isn't that interesting or debilitating. Effects are though, if you are stunned, dazed or asleep, you're out of the game essentially until you save against those effects.

This is where the warden shines! Your Font of Life ability allows you to make a single saving throw before the start of your turn and even if you fail you still get to save normally at the end of your turn. (This includes Death Saves)

This is modified by:
FEAT: +1 to the Font of Life Saving throw
FEAT: +2 to FOLS vs all elements
FEAT: if you make your FoLSave, all saves you make regularly gain a +2
Item: +1 to charm, fear, illusion or pychic saves

Next up is your resilience, and the goliath racial power Stones Endurance
Normal = resist 10 to all damage UEONT
Feat: increase this to +17 resist all
Feat: increases the penalty to those you mark to an unavoidable -9, yeah -9!!!!
Plus a plethora of other resistances gained through objects

Finally, your second wind. Normally these are boring and only used when the cleric is dead, but yours is exciting!

Using your second wind;
grants you 34+2 HP
+9 to all defences EOYNT
resist 5 to all damage EOYNT
grants your allies 17 temp hp 1/day

And thrown in just for fun are multiple ways to teleport and a 1/day I'm not going to die card

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

For the past three days, I've been on a short vacation, one that involves staying home and generally doing nothing. This exact time is also when my AC decided to die, and all attempts to fix it have ended in failure.

Oh yeah, and I live in Florida. I would say stay-at-home vacation ruined, if it didn't feel like such a first world problem.

I'm going to go stick my balls in the fridge for a few minutes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What the hell, man? Mood swings... up and down and up and down and WAY up then WAY down. I do a good job of not taking it out on people who don't deserve it. I'm also good at calmly explaining exactly how I feel. What to actually do about it? No clue. Lately nothing consistently works. I guess it's just one of those things that happens and then stops happening. I've been feeling strange since my last birthday. Maybe there are some little frets I'm trying to ignore. I'm sure I'll get to the root of it, but man, is it inconvenient sometimes.

Gusto

Gusto

Why doesn't every single girl I message on eHarmony message me back!? Don't they realize how self-conscious that makes me??

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Why doesn't every single girl I message on eHarmony message me back!? Don't they realize how self-conscious that makes me??
Would it help if you found out that every girl you've messaged on eharmony was actually a guy? And in fact, were all alts of the same guy?

Quit sending me messages.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Actually, thanks to the magic of the internet, they don't even perceive you as a living human with thoughts and feelings. Most of them probably look at it and then delete it without a second thought.

Gusto

Gusto

Hehe. I'm actually talking to a couple girls on there currently so it's not all bad.

There are just a couple who I think are really cute and we seem to have a lot in common but they haven't given me the time of day.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Why did they have to change the name of Completely Missing the Point on TV Tropes?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Depression is starting to hit me hard, lately. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to motivate myself to do the work. Even when I manage to actually sit down to read something, I find I can't concentrate and lose focus.

Worse, I've gained weight. I've gained about 25 pounds over the past few months, leaving me around 225 lbs. It's my own fucking fault, though, since I've been pigging out on junk food far too much (especially ice cream) and not exercising nearly as much as I used to. I've started hitting the gym again, but it's hard to stay motivated when I see the blubber when I look in the mirror, or have several button-up shirts that don't fit me anymore.

I'm seeing a counsellor and he's been pretty good so far. But he can't do my school work, which I feel like I'm falling more and more behind. For example, I did a test today in Educational Psychology. I stared at the goddamn questions for a good 10 minutes before even starting. Worse, the teacher actually had for one of the questions, "Using what we learned in Chapter 3..." Not "using this person's theory" or "going by this..." Just 'Chapter 3'. Who the fuck learns specifically what's in each chapter? I learn by this theory or that idea. I answered the question, but I still have no clue if it's right.

On top of all that, I'm just fucking lonely. Sure, I've met some people but I rarely see them. Got one guy friend that's been coming over on Saturdays for a Nerd Night (Doctor Who and watching some wrestling). But 95% of the time, I'm just on my own. There's fucking nowhere to go here (Presque Isle, Maine) and nothing to do. Additionally, I just feel trapped here. I don't have a car and the only person I know that goes to Halifax (where my folks are) leaves before my last class on Thursdays. Most of the time, I'm just sitting by myself in my apartment, wasting far too much time surfing the net because I can't get motivated to do anything else. My addition to the internet is equivilent to a couch potato watching TV. I'll spend hours visiting and revisiting the same sites over and over. I've even tried putting, say, an hour-a-day lock on Firefox using LeechBlock, but I get a moment of weakness and turn it off.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Depression is starting to hit me hard, lately. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to motivate myself to do the work. Even when I manage to actually sit down to read something, I find I can't concentrate and lose focus.

Worse, I've gained weight. I've gained about 25 pounds over the past few months, leaving me around 225 lbs. It's my own fucking fault, though, since I've been pigging out on junk food far too much (especially ice cream) and not exercising nearly as much as I used to. I've started hitting the gym again, but it's hard to stay motivated when I see the blubber when I look in the mirror, or have several button-up shirts that don't fit me anymore.

I'm seeing a counsellor and he's been pretty good so far. But he can't do my school work, which I feel like I'm falling more and more behind. For example, I did a test today in Educational Psychology. I stared at the goddamn questions for a good 10 minutes before even starting. Worse, the teacher actually had for one of the questions, "Using what we learned in Chapter 3..." Not "using this person's theory" or "going by this..." Just 'Chapter 3'. Who the fuck learns specifically what's in each chapter? I learn by this theory or that idea. I answered the question, but I still have no clue if it's right.

On top of all that, I'm just fucking lonely. Sure, I've met some people but I rarely see them. Got one guy friend that's been coming over on Saturdays for a Nerd Night (Doctor Who and watching some wrestling). But 95% of the time, I'm just on my own. There's fucking nowhere to go here (Presque Isle, Maine) and nothing to do. Additionally, I just feel trapped here. I don't have a car and the only person I know that goes to Halifax (where my folks are) leaves before my last class on Thursdays. Most of the time, I'm just sitting by myself in my apartment, wasting far too much time surfing the net because I can't get motivated to do anything else. My addition to the internet is equivilent to a couch potato watching TV. I'll spend hours visiting and revisiting the same sites over and over. I've even tried putting, say, an hour-a-day lock on Firefox using LeechBlock, but I get a moment of weakness and turn it off.
Buy a huge book. I mean, like a tome. Buy Crime & Punishment, or... Les Miserables. They take work to read so you'll probably find them very engaging/distracting. It works for me anyway, and they tend to inadvertently aid with my schoolwork (I find being well read improves my ability to write; and having recently read something interesting or complex makes my writing a touch better).

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Since I have two novels I have to read for two different courses, I wouldn't have time to read something like that. I have books that I want to read, already.
Added at: 11:33
Besides, those giant classics? I've never been able to stay focused reading them.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Also why not have someone else set the password for your lockout program? That way you can't turn it off.

I don't really know. I'm not good at motivating myself, really. If I'm not being counted on/being paid, I tend to avoid things I don't want to do even for my own benefit. For example, right now I should be reading Chaucer, but I'm here. Loneliness blows, and becoming more social is a challenge. Do you drink? I find it's really easy to meet people once I have two pints in me at a bar. Surely there's a bar or two frequented by the students?

If not, cafés, perhaps? A different environment but still an eclectic crowd. At the very least, reading/studying at a café gets you out of the house so you're around people, not driving yourself mad in isolation. If you go out somewhere with only your school books, you're likely to work more, no?

If you choose to go mad in isolation, please grow a crazy unkempt beard and write cryptic things on the walls in your own blood. Wear underwear outside your pants.

makare

I was so sick last night. I think I am having an allergic reaction again but I have no idea what caused it. It doesn't seem to require my epipen so I am treating it with benadryl. I am seriously not a happy camper right now.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I had a power supply go out on me at some point late friday night... so the first few hours of my saturday morning was spent replacing the power supply with a spare I luckily had and hoping to god it was only the power supply and not the motherboard.

Adam

Adammon

I hate school. I have always hated it, I will always hate it. I hate 'theoretical application'. I'm a hands-on guy, a practical, let's-just-fucking-do-it dude.

It took me a fucking month to finish this one assignment; it got to the point where tonight I just sent the damn thing away to the professor and said "Burn after reading".

And if that isn't bad enough, I'm starting to have those "Forgot to do homework and there's an exam today" dreams.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I still have those "It's finals time, and I haven't gone to class all semester" dreams, and I've been out of school for years now.

Adam

Adammon

I still have those "It's finals time, and I haven't gone to class all semester" dreams, and I've been out of school for years now.
Ok, good to know I'm not crazy.

Gusto

Gusto

Interestingly enough, this was my college reality for a wile, and I have these kind of dreams about high school, where I excelled.

phil

phil

I have to go to my apartment complex office and ask for a new card key because I lost mine.

This will either be really easy and just be a small idiot fee, or this will be the worst thing ever and I'll end up having to pay WAYYYYY too much for what should be really simple.

phil

phil

She was probably the one who took it. You need the key cards to open the front gate to get out too. Even if an ambulance gets in it still won't get to the hospital in time.

Krisken

Krisken

She was probably the one who took it. You need the key cards to open the front gate to get out too. Even if an ambulance gets in it still won't get to the hospital in time.
Yeah, but you're safe from your neighbor. Your scary, scary neighbor.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

GasBandit

GasBandit

I also STILL have "it's finals day and I haven't been in class all semester because I have been in the workforce all this time" dreams. For some reason, in the dream, I'm not able to make the mental connection between already having had a career and that meaning that the exam is meaningless.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

My Rant:

My brother came to me with some news that I hate to hear. As some of you know, he got back together with his ex, that he dated for 8 years before seperating for almost a year. They got back together, and in a whirlwind, he moved back down here, moved in with her and got married. He's been pretty happy, far as I could tell, the entire time. He says he felt alot of regret for breaking up with the girl he considered his "on paper Dream Woman" but didn't regret his decision to be with his ex.

I liked both girls for him, they each offered him alot. His ex, while not having much in common with him, supported him emotionally ALOT. They raised kids together (his two from his first marriage and her son from her previous relationship). They were doing fine till she went fuck-nuts and left them for almost a year.

Then he dated "dream woman" about 6 months later. He would say she completed him in everyway yet he'd always tell me that he'd still think about his ex alot. I told him that it would go away with time and you can't get over a long term relationship over such a short period of time (I would know). Yet when the ex came back to her senses and said she wanted to work things out, he did what I wrote in the first paragraph.

So what's my rant? He came over yesterday, I was tired from work and the gym, ready to shower and just sit back on my PC and game my little brains out. He calls and comes over, telling me he was having some emotional issues (what else is new? j/k bro) He's now telling me that he wonders if he made the right decision. I'm at my wits end with him over this. In the long run I think he made a mistake. I think that the "Dream Woman" would have made him happier, they had alot in common and had a great time. I dunno what to tell him at this point other than not to live in the past? (I'm sure he's going to read this as he's always lurking here) Just enjoy the good life you have now and stop worrying about the grass/greener/etc.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Going to see my councilor today.

Hashtag therapy

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not that this information will save your life, but, you know. Random trivia.
The complexes down here use the "Click-To-Enter" system, which is coded to our radios. We have to key them in a certain pattern to get them to work, but if they're not set for a specific freq (or freqs), they won't open.

LordRendar

LordRendar

For some reason my stomach feels really bloated at night,as if its full of air.It dosnt really hurt,but it is uncomfortable.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Your impending fart will be most satisfactory.

LittleSin

LittleSin

A quote, by me, via facebook concerning my last 45 minutes.

"Well. I think I have proven that wool socks on laminate flooring are a recipe for disaster. The fall was bad...but the popping my shoulder back into place? That was a special kind of 'OMG! WTF?!' moment"

Ow, by the way.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I want fish for dinner!

But cannot have any :(

Woo woo woo you know it.

Zappit

Zappit

Three days of infusions starting tomorrow! Bleh! Gives me hiccups for some strange reason - even the doctor was perplexed - and it makes everything taste like metal and saline for half a week.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

My local ABC affiliate is playing some sort of competitive sport (ie, the Lions are playing better football than they have in a few years) rather than Castle.

GIMME MY CASTLE.

It's just a show, but for no particular reason I was really looking forward to watching it tonight.
Check back ~1am or tomorrow morning at 9. The Pittsburgh ABC affiliate does this 2-3 times a year when the Steelers are on cable.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I got a speeding ticket :(

The ticket is for $128, going 44 in a 35. I was literally 10 feet away from the speed sign where it increases to 55. I was in the process of speeding up for the new speed limit.

I think he only pulled me over because I'm black.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You have to slow down before you cross a speed sign, and speed up after crossing a speed sign...

But I guess the kindly Officer just told you that.

Get a comedy club defensive driving course and clean up your driving record.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I think he only pulled me over because I'm black.
Wait, hang on...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

level 15
Goliath, Warden,
Paragon path: Storm Sentinel
Build: Earth Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 20, Con 24, Dex 11, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 9.

AC: 33 Fort: 30 Reflex: 22 Will: 23
HP: 139 Surges: 16 Surge Value: 36

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +15, Perception +13, Endurance +16, Athletics +16

FEATS
Level 1: Guard of Stone
Level 2: Markings of the Elements Legacy of War
Level 4: Earthstrength Resilience
Level 6: Elemental Boon
Level 8: Revitalizing Font of Life
Level 10: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Level 11: Earthstrength Defenses
Level 12: Earth's Punishment
Level 14: Enhanced Font of Life

POWERS
Warden at-will 1: Strength of Stone
Warden at-will 1: Thorn Strike
Warden encounter 1: Roots of Stone
Warden daily 1: Form of Winter's Herald
Warden utility 2: Inspiring Fortitude
Warden encounter 3: Earthgrasp Strike
Warden daily 5: Boiling Cloud
Warden utility 6: Bear's Endurance
Warden encounter 7: Mountain Hammer
Warden daily 9: Form of the Oak Sentinel
Warden utility 10: Earthstride
Warden encounter 13: Stormhowler's Strike (replaces Roots of Stone)
Warden daily 15: Form of the Crushing Mountain (replaces Form of Winter's Herald)

ITEMS
Feyhide Armor of Resistance +4,
Guardian's Call Broadsword +3,
Bracers of Wound Closure (paragon tier),
Rapidstrike Bracers (paragon tier),
Fireburst Boots (paragon tier),
Antipathy Gloves (heroic tier),
Amulet of Scales +3,
Crown of Eyes (paragon tier),
Belt of Vigor (paragon tier),
Demonskin Tattoo (paragon tier),
Cognizance Ring (paragon tier), Foe Binder Ring (paragon tier)

This build is one the relies on your unique warden/goliath abilitites heavily, it doesn't deal great amounts of damage but that's not what you are supposed to do. This is built to absorb/deflect damage and make saving throws!

Now everything does damage and damage isn't that interesting or debilitating. Effects are though, if you are stunned, dazed or asleep, you're out of the game essentially until you save against those effects.

This is where the warden shines! Your Font of Life ability allows you to make a single saving throw before the start of your turn and even if you fail you still get to save normally at the end of your turn. (This includes Death Saves)

This is modified by:
FEAT: +1 to the Font of Life Saving throw
FEAT: +2 to FOLS vs all elements
FEAT: if you make your FoLSave, all saves you make regularly gain a +2
Item: +1 to charm, fear, illusion or pychic saves

Next up is your resilience, and the goliath racial power Stones Endurance
Normal = resist 10 to all damage UEONT
Feat: increase this to +17 resist all
Feat: increases the penalty to those you mark to an unavoidable -9, yeah -9!!!!
Plus a plethora of other resistances gained through objects

Finally, your second wind. Normally these are boring and only used when the cleric is dead, but yours is exciting!

Using your second wind;
grants you 34+2 HP
+9 to all defences EOYNT
resist 5 to all damage EOYNT
grants your allies 17 temp hp 1/day

And thrown in just for fun are multiple ways to teleport and a 1/day I'm not going to die card
:Leyla:
Thank you!
Isn't that way more items than you get at level 15? one item at level 14, one at 15, one at 16, and enough gold to buy one at level 15, and most of those are high-level items. Or are you just giving me recommendations on what to look into?
Also, no Toughness? Really?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So, there's this girl...

In my Children's Literature class, there's a girl that sits almost on the other side of the class. I've noticed her several times pretty much since day one. She's worn a couple of comic book shirts, like a black suit Spider-Man shirt. And she's got the absolute bluest of blue eyes I've ever seen. Just...damn. To say that I'm totally smitten by this girl would be an understatement.

The problem? Well, for one, I'm having a hard time finding a chance to approach her. The class work involves a lot of group work and it's just by sheer dumb luck that I never get into the same group with her. Our instructor usually does the "groups of 5, each of you count a number" kind of group work, so it rarely falls into my luck. The other problem is that she gets ready to leave about five minutes before class is even done, so she pretty much bolts out the door the moment the instructor lets us go.

So yeah, I'm totally smitten and can't seem to find a way to approach her. I don't live on campus (I think she does) and she's not in any other classes with me.

The funny thing is, since I've become more and more smitten by her, I've noticed we've been making eye contact an unordinarily frequent amount of times. Sort of reminds me of when me and my High School sweetheart kept looking back and forth at each other before we started dating. So my Nicktuition is telling me she's interested. Just can't seem to either figure a way to approach her or find the nerve or good ice breaker to start talking with her.

I suppose I could just go the classy way: drop trou and ask, "So, how about it?"

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Let me tell you about my prom night . . ."

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Jesus Christ, man! Do you want me to bore her to death!?

Adam

Adammon

Jesus Christ, man! Do you want me to bore her to death!?
Bore as in drill, or bore as in your prom night?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Both? :Leyla:

Dirona

Dirona

So, there's this girl... that sits almost on the other side of the class.
Unless you have assigned seats, which I highly doubt, go sit closer to where she normally does! I know that the thought of disrupting the delicate balance of routine and sense of possession of a seat may be a scary prospect, but dude, move your butt! You may even get her number.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So basically...MAN THE FUCK UP?

Dirona

Dirona

So basically...MAN THE FUCK UP?
ya, pretty much.

and also, if a guy that I was making eyes at in class came over to sit near me, I would be totally flattered; and more receptive to future meetings.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

. . . but dude, move your butt!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Boom. That's exactly what I'm doing in class tomorrow. Right in front of her.

I'll post the detailed aftermath from jail tomorrow.

Dirona

Dirona

that could work too... I look forward to the YouTube post. :D

Krisken

Krisken

I suppose I could just go the classy way: drop trou and ask, "So, how about it?"
Time to try "The Naked Man".

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

So, there's this girl...
You stay away from my cousin!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

God, I hope you're kidding! :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Nick
Step 1: Find out if she likes trees
Step 2:
captain-planet-making-trees.gif

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

We got yo' back, Nick.

The Halforums 10-Step Program to Asking a Girl Out

First: plan to ask her out.
Second: ask if you should ask her out.
Third: have it confirmed you should totally ask her out. way to go man, you're a hero of the people.
Fourth: suddenly shift tone and tell everyone why should not ask her out and that EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE ALL OF THE TIMES
Fifth: reject suggestion you might be taking this a tad much seriously and might need help.
Sixth: ask her out.
Seventh: get rejected.
Eighth: get congrats, sympathy. you put yourself out there man, good for you. we love ya.
Ninth: become convinced you must be fundamentally flawed, we are wrong to congratulate you and explain how EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE ALL OF THE TIMES. accept celibacy.
Tenth: reject suggestion you might be taking this a tad much seriously and might need help.

Steps 4-5 and 9-10 may be repeated many, many, many times before moving on.

Zappit

Zappit

Just show her your avatar. Lesse how that goes. :unibrow:

Dirona

Dirona

Grrr. Stupid foot. So I was getting changed the other day, and kicking my leg to get the last pant leg off and smacked my foot into the corner of the wall. Hard. Not enough to break a toe, but enough that over a day later, the thing is still throbbing. And this was an hour before a large, semi-annual meeting... which I then missed cuz I couldn't think through the pulsing pain of my freaking foot, and went to a clinic to make sure the thing wasn't actually broken. One toe is completely purple, another is only now chaning colour (to a lovely yellow-ish). It hurts, and I can't walk right, so I have to hobble around school and get asked by my very well meaning profs (and students too) what happened. It's embarassing.

TL;DR - I fought the wall, and the wall won.

LittleSin

LittleSin

TL;DR - I fought the wall, and the wall won.
Dear friends: This is how you do a good pun.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The real pain comes when you learn that there's nothing they can do for a broken toe that you can't do yourself, and now you're out the fee for the ER visit.... Oh wait... Canadian.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Honestly? "Nice shirt, where'd you get it?" next time she wears a comic book shirt. Followed by a little geeky conversation. You're in after that. How do I know? It's one of my favorite ice breakers and how I snagged current "CB Cutie".

@Li3n

@Li3n

Honestly? "Nice shirt, where'd you get it?" next time she wears a comic book shirt. Followed by a little geeky conversation. You're in after that. How do I know? It's one of my favorite ice breakers and how I snagged current "CB Cutie".
Dammit, i actually got my hopes up that no one said anything about the obvious shirt "in", and of course it's the very last post...

SHEGOOOOOOOOOOOOO............

figmentPez

figmentPez

A little part of me dies inside every time I hear someone refuse to switch to Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. because they like Internet Explorer better.
"I have tried other browsers. IE has always worked for me above others."
What is wrong with you?

LittleSin

LittleSin

I see we are following the same twitter conversation.

Dei

Dei

I am sick of having braces. Wearing new rubber band configuration. CAN'T EAT ANYTHING THAT REQUIRES CHEWING. WHY DID I DO THIS TO MYSELF A SECOND TIME GOD DAMN IT BRACES.

David

David

The girl I started dating a few weeks ago turned out to be some unbearable kinds of crazy (clingy, over-sensitive, mood-swingy, stalkery, and worst of all, non-geeky) and I ended it with her pretty quickly. Now she just told me she's staying with a friend to keep from hurting herself due to having serious depression after I broke up with her. I'm not quite sure what level of shitty I should be reasonably feeling :(

LordRendar

LordRendar

It's just a desperate attempt of trying to guilt you back.and if that dosnt work she at least knows that she inflicted pain on you.
Typical move of a narcassistic personality.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Dinner with a lot of couples, including cosplayer girl and her boyfriend. The only bachelor, apart from me, is a good friend of mine who I suspect wants something more from me... but even if I tried (and I did, because our relatioship is good), I don't like her that way.
I'm also relatively sick, but I'll go just to show I'm ok with seeing the girl I was in love with and her boybriend together. Wich is not true.

But it's almost been a year, It's time I got over it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The only bachelor, apart from me, is a good friend of mine who I suspect wants something more from me... but even if I tried (and I did, because our relatioship is good), I don't like her that way.
OK, at least in American English bachelor means single man. That made your sentence there rather interesting until you said "she."

Adam

Adammon

OK, at least in American English bachelor means single man. That made your sentence there rather interesting until you said "she."
Silver Jelly is good enough to play both sides!

Dei

Dei

If she's talking like that after dating for *weeks*, yeah she's a whacko. Don't feel bad, because it's her, not you.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The girl I started dating a few weeks ago turned out to be some unbearable kinds of crazy (clingy, over-sensitive, mood-swingy, stalkery, and worst of all, non-geeky) and I ended it with her pretty quickly. Now she just told me she's staying with a friend to keep from hurting herself due to having serious depression after I broke up with her. I'm not quite sure what level of shitty I should be reasonably feeling :(
Tell her to shit or get off the pot.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

XD

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Tell her to shit or get off the pot.
You're not gonna tell him to stick it in her pooper?

Gas, I am disappoint.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You're not gonna tell him to stick it in her pooper?

Gas, I am disappoint.
Trust me. No amount of pooper-sticking is worth that amount of crazy bitch.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

There are so many things that make me I'm grateful I'm not a guy. The urge to have anal sex is one of those things.

Seriously, it's unsanitary, no matter how much prep-cleaning is done. Poop-fetishists, ALL OF YOU!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

For the record, I've never done it and have absolutely no interest in doing so.

GasBandit

GasBandit

There are so many things that make me I'm grateful I'm not a guy. The urge to have anal sex is one of those things.

Seriously, it's unsanitary, no matter how much prep-cleaning is done. Poop-fetishists, ALL OF YOU!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think you missed the point completely. It's not a matter of whether it's pleasurable or not, I'm saying it's down right disgusting.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yeah....I think you're crossing the line at this point, Gasster.
Added at: 11:23
(I almost said you're pushing it a bit too far, but given the context...)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think you missed the point completely. It's not a matter of whether it's pleasurable or not, I'm saying it's down right disgusting.
All the truly pleasurable things are. You know that. But if you want a disgusting story... (NSFW, yes, I know you're at work, read it later or whatever).. there's this old story on Tucker Max that involves a whole lot of disgusting stuff.

Yeah....I think you're crossing the line at this point, Gasster.
Added at: 11:23
(I almost said you're pushing it a bit too far, but given the context...)
Heh, but you just couldn't let it go by, could you?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Heh, but you just couldn't let it go by, could you?
I had to squeeze it in there somehow.

GasBandit? More like AssBandit! Amirite? :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

I had to squeeze it in there somehow.

GasBandit? More like AssBandit! Amirite? :D
Yeah cause I've never heard THAT one before :rolleyes:

fade

fade

Well I'm probably fired when IT clicks on this link.

fade

fade

Well. Today was my birthday, and not one call from my family or friends. I got wall posts on FB, so I guess that's the new call. Every other employ at work has gotten a card signed by everyone since I've been there, but not me. One went around yesterday for my boss, so I know they still do it. I had to call my wife myself, and not once during the call did she even mention my birthday. No cake or gifts. I know it's a silly whine, but you can't help being at least a little depressed.
Added at: 00:22
And my sister wasn't even marrying some oily beauhunk.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

If it helps, I wish you a Happy Birthday, fade.

Gusto

Gusto

Awww happy birthday Fademan.

phil

phil

I have to work until close today, then be here at 5am until like noon, then work from 2-8 at Starbucks then be back at dunkin again at 5am until 9 and then Starbucks from 10-4.

I'll basically work ~22 hours between friday and Saturday.

But i don't wanna, is the thing.

Hurrumph.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Well. Today was my birthday, and not one call from my family or friends. I got wall posts on FB, so I guess that's the new call. Every other employ at work has gotten a card signed by everyone since I've been there, but not me. One went around yesterday for my boss, so I know they still do it. I had to call my wife myself, and not once during the call did she even mention my birthday. No cake or gifts. I know it's a silly whine, but you can't help being at least a little depressed.
Been there too, man. I empathize.
Added at: 19:05
Also, happy birthday. :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hey Fade, want a cheer-up?

At least you have a family/loved ones that can forget your b-day :)

Then again, I spend all of mine in drunken naked hazes, so not sure if I'm helping.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

MARY, JESUS, AND JOSEPH IN A WOODEN CANOE!!! Fucking Yahoo! now wants my fucking cell phone #.... Dammit I've had that address for 13+years now, I don't want to leave it.

How much information to random companies is enough?

Biannoshufu

Happy birthday fade.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

so fade doesn't like his own birthday?

(I keed I keed)

Krisken

Krisken

Yes indeedy, happy birthday fade ole boy.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Happy internet birthday, Fade!

Gusto

Gusto

Also, I wasted entirely too much time this morning making a stupid gif about my problem.
Which became our minor victory.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I want a new PC! My current rig does everything I need it to, but it's starting to chug in newer games. (Nevermind that I have backlog of games that it can run just fine.) It's probably not even fast enough to capture video of Darksiders at 720p, and I wanted to review the cutscenes/storyline as if I were mocking a movie TGWTG-style.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I want to upgrade my vid card, so I tried selling my 5870 with no luck. So right now I'm debating dropping the full $500 for a GTX580 now, pinching my budget further and getting a GTX590 for $750 or buying the GTX580 now, and a second GTX580 for SLI in March..... yet that's exactly what I said I was going to do with my 5870 but never did....

TommiR

TommiR

^ I have no idea what any of this means.

Of course, I don't even know what my own computer ate as other people assembled it for me, so I guess this is all quite natural. Especially given my current state of inebriation.

... What? This IS called the "Whine like a baby" thread, ppl!

TommiR

TommiR

Verily, thou speakest the truth! Forsooth, hath I not gazed upon thine narrative, I wouldst have been lost amidst the sheer multitude of confusing words! A thousand thanks to thee for thine noble heart, good Sir, a thousand thanks!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Faaaaade. :( You know, one part of my brains says, "birthdays past a certain point really aren't a big deal." But then I remember how much fun it is to make a big deal out of someone for a whole day with cake and silly hats and whatnot. Happy birthday, Fade! You're awesome-- a forumite worthy of the tallest pointy hat and the most delicious of layer cakes!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Facebook birthday posts piss me off. It's the epitome of not giving a shit.

Cajungal

Cajungal

If it's from someone who knows you well enough to call or come by (and they don't call or come by in addition to a post), then yeah, they're kind of a bummer.

Gusto

Gusto

My internet connection is not infallible!

FML!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I didn't have any celery or grapes for my chicken salad. Therefore it only tastes a little delicious.

makare

grapes? interesting.

Null

Null

I didn't have any celery or grapes for my chicken salad. Therefore it only tastes a little delicious.
:(

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know, poor me. I think I could submit that one to whitewhine.com. :p
Added at: 18:40
And yes, mak, grapes are deee-licious in chicken salad. I use apples, red grapes, celery, and a teeny bit of white onion. So... so good. But never raisins... that would make me some kind of a freak.

fade

fade

Barf.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Uh, oh... impending steak-like debate!

Null

Null

I know, poor me. I think I could submit that one to whitewhine.com. :p
Added at: 18:40
And yes, mak, grapes are deee-licious in chicken salad. I use apples, red grapes, celery, and a teeny bit of white onion. So... so good. But never raisins... that would make me some kind of a freak.
Instead of white onion, I add walnuts, otherwise pretty much the same.
Added at: 01:04
Uh, oh... impending steak-like debate!
No debate. Sometimes people don't like things. Fade is that person.

makare

haha that reminds me today at lunch i found out my friend letitia likes her steak well done. i asked her politely but firmly to leave.

I am of course kidding. We were out to lunch and her meat was way too underdone for her and it ruined her meal. I felt bad for her. I totally understand why she doesnt want to see red in her meat since she used to help her family butcher their livestock. I would probably only eat beef jerky for the rest of my life if I did that. gag.

Gusto

Gusto

Goddamnit Seej if I don't get some goddamned chicken salad in the next 24 hours my stomach may collapse on itself like a dying star.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Always glad to inspire an envie for some good food. :D

Gusto

Gusto

Fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Food craving checklist:

-sushi
-donuts
-chicken salad

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oooh, you should just eat all of those things in one sitting. That sounds like a good time.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm getting donuts tomorrow. It'll be at least 2 weeks until I can swing sushi.

Chicken salad is doable! But it'll probably have to be at like a Subway or pita place, not delightfully homemade.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

A chicken salad mixed with sushi-filled mini donuts? :puke:

Cajungal

Cajungal

You're not gonna try to impregnate it are you?

fade

fade

Whine: I just re-read Batman: Year One. Frank Miller, I hate you for your beautiful art. That oxymoronic juxtaposition of detailed backgrounds, and simple, shadowy people. I look at it, and I think, 'Now THIS is comic art!' I like it so much more than the modern over-worked Photoshop colors. I whine out of jealousy. because he can capture it the way I wish I could.

SeraRelm

Huh, I just watched the film. Odd timing, that, but it was pretty good.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I love it when Sergeants override my decisions on a radio channel shared by two precincts... especially when his decision is both a) wrong and b) technically in violation of city and state law. That's okay - what do I know? It's not like I've been doing this for 4 years, with a reputation for knowing what the fuck I'm doing, or anything....

Cajungal

Cajungal

You're a loose cannon, O.C!

Biannoshufu

this thread fills me with so much joy that I feel mildly bad about it.

figmentPez

figmentPez

this thread fills me with so much joy that I feel mildly bad about it.
Why feel bad about it at all? I come here to be the whiniest little spoiled bitch I can be, just to try and bring a smile to someone's face. (Well, to my own face. I said I was being selfish, didn't I?)

Biannoshufu

because if i didn't feel bad about it I couldn't very well whine, now could I?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

OC, give me your badge and your gun.

Null

Null

I heard OC needed a gun?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

No, I need a gun. I'm hoping OC will let me borrow his.

And some mutated anthrax. For "duck hunting".

makare

I'll take your belt.

Hand it over.

Null

Null

Oo-er missus.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

No, I need a gun. I'm hoping OC will let me borrow his.

And some mutated anthrax. For "duck hunting".

That makes me think of the "fishing equipment" store near my university. It's full of cammo clothing, gun copies and swords.

Biannoshufu

Gun copies?
Can't you just register for the Olympic shooting leagues and "forget" that you're carrying a fully automatic railgun?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I don't know, I don't really like fishing.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

WHY IS AI (THE MOVIE) NOT ON NETFLIX STREAMING? NO ONE LIKED IT, SO IT SHOULD BE CHEAP TO GET THE RIGHTS.

ALSO, I'M IN A SHOUTY MOOD TODAY. THAT SUCKS.

AND I FIND THAT MY SHIFT KEY DOESN'T WORK WHEN CAPSLOCK IS NO. APPLE IS DUMB.

I'M NOT SURE IF SHAWTY IS THE SAME AS SHOUTY.
Focus your shouty energy into exercise. I have eliminated one of your problems from the Ask Jay/Dave thread. No need to thank me, but, you are welcome... to thank me.

makare

Damn it I am falling victim to my pathetic jealousy again. :( I hate that trait about me more than any of my other negative traits (of which there are a few >.>)

Cajungal

Cajungal

My feet are cold... my shoes are all the way over there. This chair is so comfortable.

fade

fade

Back in better financial times I bought the best 40" LCD tv on the market in 2007 (Sony KDL-40XBR2). The "problem" is that it being from 2007, it's rather thick and heavy. I'd love to sell it and buy one of the new thinner, lighter models, and one that's probably less than 40" (that huge screen bothers my inner hippy) but the best price it seems to be getting around the web is about 1/4th what I paid. It's only been 4 years, and the tv is in absolutely mint condition. It's not really a rant, just a let-down. I guess I'll just hold onto this one. Nothing wrong with it, just thought I might be able to trade since prices have dropped.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The prices have dropped on the newer models, so of course the older models are lower as well.

Reselling an old TV these days is as bad as selling a used car/computers.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have a sore throat, and I just ran out of cough drops. Grr, and such.

Krisken

Krisken

I have a sore throat, and I just ran out of cough drops. Grr, and such.
Oohh, I hate that. I have to rinse with salt water 3x a day myself. Blech.

makare

I had a coughing fit at work. So what? I am a call service rep! Fucking a...

Krisken

Krisken

"CCaaauughghgggoooghhgggarrrrrrgghhh*spit!*"
"Would you like to hear about..."

SeraRelm

I don't wanna go to work todaaaayyyy! wwwaaaaAAAAAaaaaahhh!

David

David

I feel like the girl I just confirmed I have feelings for is so completely and utterly out of my league, it's wrong for my mind to even be entertaining the fantasy of getting with her.
Added at: 22:09
...oddly enough, the same logic doesn't seem to be stopping me from fantasizing about Emma Watson.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I feel like the girl I just confirmed I have feelings for is so completely and utterly out of my league, it's wrong for my mind to even be entertaining the fantasy of getting with her.
I know that feeling. The girl I'm crushing on (if "crush" is even the right word at this point) is amazing, and it seems like I always manage to put my foot in my mouth when I'm talking with her, or with her friends. Still, I'm holding out hope. I'm doing what I can to improve myself and my situation, so that when the time is right I'll see if I have a shot with her. (Manning up is not appropriate at this time. Discretion being the better part of valor.)

Have some confidence, you're a Halforumite! We are naturally superior specimens; as evidenced by our hanging out here... in this lonely corner of the internet... Er, I mean: As evidenced by our world renowned humor?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Well, we're already known for our virility! (But that is mostly because of Stienman.)

Biannoshufu

The idea of "leagues" needs to fucking die in a fire.

it's a self imposed dating caste system, and it's dumb if it stops someone from asking someone else out.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Whatsapp
-Hey, girl, cheer up!
-How did you know I was sad?
-your... facebook status? Anyway, I just wanted to start a conversation :p
-I'm not sad anymore! but thanks!
-Oh, I wanted to ask you if you wanted to have dinner on saturday. But if you are not sad anymore...
-I want to!
-Ok, it's official then!
-let's hope I have nothing else on saturday!
Added at: 13:39
topical: (I don't know if we are on the same league, I know nothing about sports.)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Ah, she'll tell me if she is free on saturday... this Thursday?!

Krisken

Krisken

Ah, she'll tell me if she is free on saturday... this Thursday?!
Maybe she needs time to ripen?

David

David

I'll give it a shot once the semester ends in a couple weeks, don't want to make things awkward while we still have the same class together

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Husband doesn't have school or work today! Waaaa, I want to be home and play video games with him!!! *jealous sadness*

Null

Null

It's been raining for the last 20 hours and it's cold. Seeing all the gray makes me feel gray.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Really Savannah? 82 degrees in mid-November? Seriously?

drifter

drifter

I can't find the lemon oil.

Emrys

Emrys

I wish I could be with my family this Thanksgiving.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Reading basic sex tips about stuff you don't know at 25 that are labeled as "sex tips for teens" feels kind of humiliating.

Null

Null

Reading basic sex tips about stuff you don't know at 25 that are labeled as "sex tips for teens" feels kind of humiliating.
It's probably less humiliating if you don't share it with people, though...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Well, I think people around here have always been supportive, so, in this case, humiliation mainly starts and ends with me.

Tress

Tress

Blech, it's been forever since I met a woman who I was actually drawn to. I haven't had any real attraction beyond the physical for so long, I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with me.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

What a tongue twister!

:rimshot:

phil

phil

I made some ice coffee but used too much ice and now it's really watery.

David

David

Trying to find a royalty-free image of a woman wearing a blank t-shirt and there are none to be had unless I buy $10 worth of credits from istockphoto to use a $2 image. Dangit internet why are you failing to give me free things!?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Trying to find a royalty-free image of a woman wearing a blank t-shirt and there are none to be had unless I buy $10 worth of credits from istockphoto to use a $2 image. Dangit internet why are you failing to give me free things!?
How about a ninja instead?

Joking aside, have you tried searching Creative Commons images on Flickr?
Added at: 22:57
Here, check out this pool on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/lessthread/pool/ Not all the photos are actually tagged as creative commons, but the group's rules say that you're supposed to be able to use them as long as you send a shirt to the model if your shirt actually gets made (it's for threadless, but I'm sure if you contact the photographer/model they won't mind you using elsewhere.)

LittleSin

LittleSin

You can also try deviantarts stock section.

makare

well i just found out some bad news. I am not going to tell what it is because it is completely stupid and a ridiculous thing to be upset about but I am still upset about it. so whine whine whine.

GasBandit

GasBandit

well i just found out some bad news. I am not going to tell what it is because it is completely stupid and a ridiculous thing to be upset about but I am still upset about it. so whine whine whine.
You could have saved up to 15% on car insurance?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Man... I am fucking up ALL OVER the place tonight... at least I haven't upset my wife.... yet...

Gusto

Gusto

I wanted to go out drinknig wit friends tonight but instead I'm at home drinking alone.

phil

phil

I wanted to go out drinknig wit friends tonight but instead I'm at home drinking alone.
We aren't so different, you and I.

Bowielee

Bowielee

LMAO, oh, ad generator, you crack me up sometimes
lol.JPG

Added at: 03:44
Also, finals month is hell...
Soooooo busy.

David

David

Websites that stop me from leaving when I try to navigate away. What the hell? "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" Would I have clicked the back button to google search results of I wasn't? I'm afraid to even click either of the options for fear that it's something asking for approval to install something in disguise. I always have to ctrl+alt+del out of the browser to get out of it.

makare

I hate that too! Although to be honest on my email it has saved me from leaving without sending an email but 99% of the time it is more a pain than a help.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I bought a big economy sized box of Ritz crackers, because there's nothing more luxurious than using Ritz crackers in soup rather than plain old soda crackers, and it's low salt. Bitch, if I'm gonna eat Ritz, they're gonna be salty and buttery as fuck. Who wants low salt Ritz crackers? Fucking bullshit.

God I'm glad this weekend is over. Now I can sleep a bit.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I have personally invested in about 800 pit balls so far. I use them to fill the inflatable pool in the wintertime, right in the living room. Keep the bags they come in, and you can store them by hanging them somewhere.

And really, if you don't know how to wash your balls by now, I just don't know what to tell you.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'm a sneezy, headachey, mucusy mess right now. :confused:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I'm a sneezy, headachey, mucusy mess right now. :confused:
That's me every morning before breakfast since they discontinued Lodrane. Pharmacist suggested OTC Zyrtec for now. Doesn't help.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You could always do this to your dining room table.

drifter

drifter

That's me every morning before breakfast since they discontinued Lodrane. Pharmacist suggested OTC Zyrtec for now. Doesn't help.
Maybe try Dimetapp Children's Cold and Allergy? Same antihistamine as Lodrane (brompheniramine), but with a different nasal decongestant (phenylephrine HCl instead of psuedoephedrine). Amount is 1mg per tablet, so you might need to up the dosage.

Zappit

Zappit

Sister just broke my printer/scanner. Love-frickin'-ly.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I have keeeee-razy diarrhea right now and I have a date tonight. Took some pills but they don't seem to be helping.

DAMN YOU BODY! STOP IT!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do you have any Immodium? Or a big old wheel of cheese?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Imodium is what I took but it's not really helping. Cheese is a no-go, I'm lactose intolerant as hell and most dairy to me is diarrhea fuel.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yipes.

...Any corks lyin' around? Good luck to you, friend.

As for me, I don't like when people treat cafes like libraries. Sure, I'm here with headphones on doing a little work, but I accept that this is a place for conversation. That's why I bring headphones. These damn stupid students giving patrons the evil eye for laughing and socializing... go to hell, kids. We have a perfectly good library 3 minutes down the road. If you need silence, get out and let these nice people enjoy their day.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Yipes.

...Any corks lyin' around? Good luck to you, friend.

As for me, I don't like when people treat cafes like libraries. Sure, I'm here with headphones on doing a little work, but I accept that this is a place for conversation. That's why I bring headphones. These damn stupid students giving patrons the evil eye for laughing and socializing... go to hell, kids. We have a perfectly good library 3 minutes down the road. If you need silence, get out and let these nice people enjoy their day.
Thank. You.

As a student, I go to cafes because there's a little life there for a change from the quiet, sometimes so-quiet-it's-soul-crushing, atmosphere in the library.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^See, that's why I go! There's a little music, a little noise. Sometimes people I know are there, so I can take a little chat break. One of the best things I've seen was an old lady social club telling off a young girl. These ladies get together in silly hats and tell funny stories, from what I can tell. And they're all very loud and happy. Well this one student--who was on facebook at the time, I might add--pokes one of them and says, "Some people are trying to work in here." One of the ladies replies, "Some people need to mind their own damn business!" :rofl:

LordRendar

LordRendar

It is 7 am in the morning and you come in my shop,order a 1€ espresso and try to pay with a 200€ bill eventhough i clearly saw a 10€ bill in ther,because you are to lazy to wait till 9 till the banks are open?
Then he gives me the stinkeye for not accepting it and demands to see my supervisor who just tells him the same thing I did.We only take bills up to 100€ (we have a sign up on the register).Then he wants to have the espresso for free,cuz he can pay but we wont accept his cash.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Sounds like a counterfeit operation if ever there was one.
I once had a guy come in at 11:55 when we closed at midnight, wanting to buy our entire stock of Nintendo DS on a credit card, I told him I had to call the credit card company for authorization (store policy for credit card purchases over $200, and this one was extra fishy to boot). Guy refused, got all pissy and said he'd call the manager the next day. Gave him my name and the manager's schedule but I couldn't call the credit card company about it, even though it was the most obvious credit card fraud ever.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

For anyone interested, I held it like a champ. Like a fucking champ.

The date went great but it was hell to get through.

Bowielee

Bowielee

She didn't wonder why you were sweating and fidgeting through the whole thing?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Frank

Frankie Williamson

She didn't wonder why you were sweating and fidgeting through the whole thing?
Eh, it wasn't that bad. I wasn't really doing either, just had to hold off the gutty feeling every 20 minutes or so. It actually went pretty well. She's a fellow fight fan so we ended up going to a sports bar after dinner and watching the UFC so it was easier to hide.
Added at: 02:53
Ha ha ha, that's awesome. No, we're both taking it easy after how we initially met (see drunk thread) so I knew it wouldn't end up at her place.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The holiday... it just won't come. Thanksgiving holiday felt like a simple-carb-fueled hallucination, and I just need more than a week away. Man, I wish we didn't have any school next week. This pageant bullcrap is my least favorite thing about elementary school. Does anyone really enjoy this? Do the parents enjoy this, really? Can't we just take off another extra 3 days?! It's like I'm not even getting to teach because we're so wrapped up in doing Christmas-related stuff. And then we wasted an entire day of school at this God-awful play at a church where they shoe-horned in this terrible Christian message: Do nothing to try and solve your easy-to fix problem and God will provide. Two hours of bad French accents and my kids poking my arm asking when it would end. Who subjects a child to a 2-hour play that's over their head when we could be spending that time improving their writing and arithmetic, which we desperately need to do right now.

Augh, either let me spend my time teaching or give me a break! I'm such a grouch. Too much of this extra stuff just chaps my ass.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I want a ball pit. Balls are cheap, but not cheap enough. Today there's a sale on balls:

http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/94d58e91-ae52-47c9-a987-4498b0adb02e/100-balls-in-a-mesh-net-bag

But even then, a tiny (one adult or 2 kids) ball pit would require 10 of those bags. A good size ball pit for adults would require 20+ of those bags.

Not only am I unable to justify the cost, but we don't really have the room to have it as a permanent fixture in the home, nor the room to store the balls when not in use if we make it a temporary (once in awhile or special occasion) toy.

Plus I have no idea how I'd wash my balls once I got 'em, and I've heard that balls get pretty rank when used frequently and not properly tended to.

tldr;
Can I interest you in 5x as many balls for the same price?

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/366534902/plastic_pit_ball_for_kids.html?s=p

makare

hehe balls.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

hehe balls.
Get your hands away from those balls! Seriously they're ice cold!

makare

are they snow balls?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Poor Frosty...

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I just grabbed a tube of the Ritz I bought and this all came flooding back.

FUCK YOU REDUCED SODIUM!

makare

oh man reduced sodium ritz.... it's cruelty really. pure cruelty.

makare

My grandma is a goddamn lunatic. My uncle is finally telling her she needs to go to an assisted living place. I think she needs to be committed... but in a time machine, she needs to be committed back in the 1950s. Yes I know that sounds mean but this woman is just cruel and insufferable.

And she is mean to my cousins. My little 7 year old cousin! I mean what is wrong with her? Poor kid. I remember being a kid and her weirdness and mind games and how she takes enjoyment at hurting everyone in her life. I know that she is unable to love I get that and I am really sad for her really really but how much more are we as a family supposed to take? She calls my uncle's wife a whore in front of the kids. I am glad my uncle is finally stepping in and defending his wife.

I guess I am just tired of it all. I know my mom is and every time my aunt calls about grandma it reminds my mom of her miserable childhood and she cries to me about it. Not fun having to comfort my crying mother because her mother is an evil bitch. My uncle is finally talking about getting some counseling himself after all this stuff. I hope he finds someone who can he really let it all out too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I smell a sequel. GRANDmomma.

Tress

Tress

I'm currently fighting the worst bout of the flu I've ever experienced. I feel like I got thrown into a wood chipper. I've damn near turned myself inside out getting sick. I just want to be able to keep something down for more than an hour. Blech.

makare

Obviously cant help you keeping things down but if you are sick for a while pedialyte mixed with soda like sprite is pretty tasty and helps with dehydration.

TommiR

TommiR

If you delight in causing physical pain and suffering, want to get paid for indulging in your fiendish desires, and have it all be completely legal, consider a career in dentistry.

I had a dentist appointment today for calculus treatment. There was pain, and there was blood. Seriously though, I guess it was my own damn fault for neglecting regular visits to the dentist, and apparently my smoking habit really doesn't help matters. And reading up on dental calculus on wikipedia, I suppose I should be glad to have it treated at this stage. I guess they did a good job at minimising my level of discomfort, but still... ouch.

Take care of your teeth, people.

makare

Bowielee

Bowielee

If you delight in causing physical pain and suffering, want to get paid for indulging in your fiendish desires, and have it all be completely legal, consider a career in dentistry.

I had a dentist appointment today for calculus treatment. There was pain, and there was blood. Seriously though, I guess it was my own damn fault for neglecting regular visits to the dentist, and apparently my smoking habit really doesn't help matters. And reading up on dental calculus on wikipedia, I suppose I should be glad to have it treated at this stage. I guess they did a good job at minimising my level of discomfort, but still... ouch.

Take care of your teeth, people.
Quite frankly, my teeth kind of look like Clyde's from Any Which Way But Loose, which is why one of the first things I'm doing when I have a good dental plan is getting veneers (or perhaps at this point partials).

So, yeah, caring about dental issues came too late for me and I can't stress enough how important people should take their oral health.

Bones

Bones

agreed, I did not take care of my teeth in high school while I had braces. the 15000 dollars of dental work sucked to save them.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Owwwowwwowwww, what did I eat?! Stupid stomach bug. I did not want to use another damn sick day. Bluh.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I thought you guys would be out of school soon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

On Wednesday. We were supposed to get off at noon but the parents decided to throw us a party... which is very very nice, but I just wanted to go home, honestly. If they're grateful, they can refrain from eating up my vacation. I know, "wah wah, the moms want to give us free food." But man, I'm just so tired. And it's going to be at some fancy home, which means they cancelled jean day on the last day before the holiday... so we could look nice for the party that's supposed to help us relax. Bah, I don't know.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

On Wednesday. We were supposed to get off at noon but the parents decided to throw us a party... which is very very nice, but I just wanted to go home, honestly. If they're grateful, they can refrain from eating up my vacation. I know, "wah wah, the moms want to give us free food." But man, I'm just so tired. And it's going to be at some fancy home, which means they cancelled jean day on the last day before the holiday... so we could look nice for the party that's supposed to help us relax. Bah, I don't know.
I'm not gonna get after you. I totally understand not wanting to have your free time eaten up by extra time from your job, even if it's "fun" time.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm not gonna get after you. I totally understand not wanting to have your free time eaten up by extra time from your job, even if it's "fun" time.
Yeah... pretty much. I'd rather be with my family. I'll have fun when I get there, I know, and it's just a couple of hours. And really, it's not every group of parents that would go to that kind of trouble.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

What a fucking day...

Book's been out of commission on Amazon for most of the day.
Shitty cases at work.
My wife finds out she has no job again.
Temp work for her keeps getting bounced back thanks to some email shit.
Bills.
And then beneath our faucet starts spraying and leaking a little after midnight.

Thankfully the apartment maintenance guy was able to come right away despite it being the middle of the night (I felt bad). He also found out someone had shut off our hot water in the basement (likely the goddamn kids who play down there). He put a lock on the door.

I can't wait to go to work in 5 hours or so, then come home and clean up rat shit.

...eh, I can't be mad at those little guys. Shitting is one of only five things they know how to do, so it's not their fault for making use of their talents.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Yeah, having rats alone is enough to not post here.

ALBERTAAAAA! WE LIKE TO PRETEND WE DON'T HAVE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!

makare

I think they are his pets?

My whine I got an 89 in a class. 1 freakin point from an A. goddamn it :(

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Ohhhh, EW!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, having rats alone is enough to not post here.

ALBERTAAAAA! WE LIKE TO PRETEND WE DON'T HAVE RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS!
Yeah, they're my pets. I bring it on myself, every week, by owning the cute little poopers.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ran out of chips, so I can't finish my salsa. :( You know, I'm more upset about this then I should be...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Steinman, you have a way of turning every weather forecast into sunshine.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Make an omelette. Enjoy with salsa.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Make chili. Add salsa.

Make macaroni and cheese. Add salsa and chili. Enjoy your chili mac of the GODS

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Take salsa. Add salsa.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

It's like hotdogs and hot dog buns.

Too much salsa --> buy more chips.

Too many chips --> buy more salsa.

It's a delicious cycle.
I would so go right now to get more chips, but Nate took the car to work, so I'm stuck at home. But, idea!, we have hotdogs, hunger problem solved.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Take hotdogs. Add salsa.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Add a southwestern twist to your hot dogs by enjoying with salsa and grated american or cheddar cheese.

OC, we're enemies now.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Today, I hate being like a woman. ;_; Owww.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

...... Over a food feud?

Fuck it, I've got OC spray. THAT'LL get your salsa moving!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

No. Worse.

You made a post containing similar content to mine before I did.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Cry some more. *grins*

Add salsa.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You guys are awesome! Nom nom nom.

I'm so sorry LittleSin, totally stinks.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Cry some more. *grins*

Add salsa.
tumblr_lkqh4cSgCt1qehmh1o1_500.gif

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

See! Everything is better when you add salsa!

@LittleSin: I'm sorry, hon! I would offer a selection of chocolates, were I able to.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I have never felt this bad, I don't think. Like..I'm actually unable to sleep. I'm wondering if there is a level of menstrual discomfort that would allow for a hospital visit with out me looking like a wimp.

Bones

Bones

loook sin, I like you but seriously if you feel like its bad enough, GO! dont feel like a wimp, you womenfolk you have my respect for putting up with it month after month!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I have never felt this bad, I don't think. Like..I'm actually unable to sleep. I'm wondering if there is a level of menstrual discomfort that would allow for a hospital visit with out me looking like a wimp.
Alcohol enduced sleep is what I usually do :)

Not sure that's the best course, but hey, I sleep like Dahmer in a pool of human hamhocks.

You on the other hand might try an over the counter sleep aid. I used to have insomnia so bad at one point I was prescribed Lunesta. That was a heavenly 6 months.

Adam

Adammon

Christmas time means staff have a bunch of vacations to take. Because I am kid-less, I usually opt to cover Christmas vacations for the rest of the department and there's usually one sucker who used up his or her vacation through the year and is stuck with me. Work during that time period consists of Rock Band and other time wasters because it's usually fairly slow - we have our regular work to get done but no special requests are coming in.

This year I actually had planned to take time off to spend with my family.

The sucker who was to cover for me while I was gone, her grandmother died last night and she gets 5 days bereavement leave which would bring her all the way to the New Year.

So much for that idea.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Don't forget to add salsa.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Caught some form of crud/cold/SARS. If I take a sick day, I can't work my off-duty gig, and one day of my overtime gets voided...

... except it wouldn't because this is my regular workday. And now it's too late to call in. Oh, God-DAMN it. *headwheel*

LordRendar

LordRendar

Wont be able to fly back home to the filipines for the 5th year in a row.If one send most of his paycheck home,its hard to save.
Guess Christmas will be me,a bottle of Jack and a bag of W**d.

TommiR

TommiR

The General subforum page ad is trying to convince me to make a 'donation' to a sperm bank.

I know Christmas is the time for giving, but come on...

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

LittleSin

LittleSin

Ba dum tish.

TommiR

TommiR

In broken finnish, I might add.

Apparently, if I donate, I get 10% off from my first 'purchase'.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Waitasec... we can make PURCHASES with sperm now?

BRB, going Christmas shopping...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I have a friend that always goes for the line with the hotter cashier.

Now I know why!

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Having a hard time fighting down some old memories. Funny how they just come back to haunt you even after so long.

Why. won't. you. go. AWAY?!?!

David

David

I've got to still take a handful of classes at my community college before I can qualify to transfer to a university as a junior :(

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Having a hard time fighting down some old memories. Funny how they just come back to haunt you even after so long.

Why. won't. you. go. AWAY?!?!
With you there, 100%.

Tress

Tress

Apparently one of my circle of friends is cutting me out, and I honestly don't understand why. I'm pretty sure I'm being cut out because I'm not married, don't have children, and I'm not as financially secure as the others. I overheard the friend who tends to plan things talking about how she can't relate to people without children anymore, and how she feels superior to other people our age because she's married, has a nice house, and settled down. It was obnoxious at the time, but I thought she was just exaggerating. Now I think she was 100% serious.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Apparently one of my circle of friends is cutting me out, and I honestly don't understand why. I'm pretty sure I'm being cut out because I'm not married, don't have children, and I'm not as financially secure as the others. I overheard the friend who tends to plan things talking about how she can't relate to people without children anymore, and how she feels superior to other people our age because she's married, has a nice house, and settled down. It was obnoxious at the time, but I thought she was just exaggerating. Now I think she was 100% serious.
With friends like that...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Tress, if you ever hear her say something like that again, stretch your arms and say rather loudly, "I am going home to do whatever the hell I want."

The men will likely cheer.

Emrys

Emrys

I know I would.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

due to the christmas period, our freezers at work are so full that it took me, mum and dad to put the truck away. Why us? because we used to have weekend long family tetris competitions. Thats how we are stacking these mofo's.

The whine like a baby part? I had to squeeze my skinny ass in a small gap to get something at the back. On my way out I kinda got my piercing caught on a crate of something. The worst part comes when anybody remembers where I got pierced last!

Tress

Tress

Update: talked to the friend in question. She assured me that I'm still wanted, but she admitted that I'm missing out on things and not being called because of the lack of children. All her other friends are parents or planning to have kids soon, so apparently I'm missing out on those bonding experiences. This is all complete bullshit to me, but whatever. I've got other people to hang out with and I'd rather spend time with friends who aren't so damn judgmental.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

The whine like a baby part? I had to squeeze my skinny ass in a small gap to get something at the back. On my way out I kinda got my piercing caught on a crate of something. The worst part comes when anybody remembers where I got pierced last!
:Leyla:

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

best pick up line ever....wanna see my piercing?

Adam

Adammon

I am so. damn. tired today. And cranky; insulting even. As in, it's taking all I have in me to not savage everything I read on the Internet today.

Including this god damn whiny post, grr. Grow a pair Adam.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Further, it was all new for us so the topic of our conversations would naturally tend toward childcare and the new experiences we were having.
You're talking about poop, aren't you? I know you're talking about poop.

Everything I do these days has to revolve around the kid's bedtime. Can only get work done after he's gone to bed/before he gets up, but can't make any noise.

Damn, but I want to make some noise.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

You're talking about poop, aren't you? I know you're talking about poop.

PatrThom

PatrThom

^
'Struth!

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

They aren't selling Jif peanut butter in Canada anymore! :eek:

makare

That is not a whine that is a tragedy. I am so sorry.

Emrys

Emrys

My mother doesn't know it yet but she's about to become a bootlegger.

Bowielee

Bowielee

But... what will choosy moms chose now?

Krisken

Krisken

But... what will choosy moms chose now?
Beaver Butter. Don't ask.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Beaver Butter. Don't ask.
Please, dear GOD, tell me that you're kidding

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I've never had Jif peanut butter, and never seen it in any friends' houses either.
EVERYONE buys Kraft.

Emrys

Emrys

Which is why there's no more Jif for sale in Canada, damn you! Hedonismbot would have loved Jif.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Jif Natural is crack in a spreadable form.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Can't do this from work, no Photoshop but imagine this:

"I don't normally eat peanut butter"
*Most Interesting Man In the World Meme with Jiff Jar Photoshopped over Dos Equis*
"But when I do, I make it Jiff"

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Working on it.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Truefax: My wife once bought Skippy, because it was "on sale." This has never been repeated in the almost 4 years of our marriage.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Even though I've never had it, I just always wanted to make a Most Interesting Man in the World meme image.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I honestly have no idea what brand of peanut butter I buy. I just grab a jar off the shelf. I'm gonna go find out right now.
Added at: 13:19
Skippy.

Krisken

Krisken

Please, dear GOD, tell me that you're kidding
Gonna keep you up nights, isn't it?

makare

Jif is the only kind i like anything else just makes me sad.

Unless it is in cookies then it is less important that it is Jif and in that case the best kind is commodity peanut butter. cant but that though sigh.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

We've been babysitting my niece for the last day and a half and oh my god those Barbie movies are the worst things.

The.

Worst.

Things.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Could be worse, it could be Bratz.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Gusto

Gusto

PLAY WITH US FOREVER AND EVER

Bowielee

Bowielee

Man, I never realized how creepy Barbie dolls were. Just look at those dead, soulless eyes. That's running into nightmare fuel territory.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Running out of room in my liquor cabinet. :mad:

makare

aw I thought barbie and the magic of pegasus was a really good movie.

My whine is why is it people speak normally until they say their zip code and then it is a vocal blur? I mean wtf.

Also, if i ask for a zipcode i do not need an entire address. zip code does not equal address. And to the people i have to explain what a zip code is or the difference between a zip code and an area code.. fuck you guys seriously. right in the neck.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

The whole month I have been under the knowledge that I had to work tomorrow (new years day). Yesterday I found out that management has changed their minds', No one is working tomorrow.

Here I sit on New Years Eve, alone, and with no plans and no idea of where to go or what to do....

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

The whole month I have been under the knowledge that I had to work tomorrow (new years day). Yesterday I found out that management has changed their minds', No one is working tomorrow.

Here I sit on New Years Eve, alone, and with no plans and no idea of where to go or what to do....
1. Find an Irish pub.
2. Order Guinness.
3. Repeat step 2 ad nauseam.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Graaaaaagh, preachy, corny relationship posts on facebook that sound like they were written by a 12-year-old but are being posted by a 55 year oooold.... GET A LIFE, lady my mom knows. You're posting pictures of goddamn sunsets with goofy cliches written all over them. Blocked. No more seeing my wall get littered with this stuff.

Gusto

Gusto

That reminds me, I should prune my Facebook friends again...

Krisken

Krisken

Graaaaaagh, preachy, corny relationship posts on facebook that sound like they were written by a 12-year-old but are being posted by a 55 year oooold.... GET A LIFE, lady my mom knows. You're posting pictures of goddamn sunsets with goofy cliches written all over them. Blocked. No more seeing my wall get littered with this stuff.
Bua ha! I have a cousin who does this crap ALL THE TIME. There must be a special place in hell for these people.

makare

aw I post corny stuff sometimes :(

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

You don't mind seeing things like

right?

LittleSin

LittleSin

What the...when the hell did we get all these strange buttons down next to the like button?!

makare

I don't see anything >.>

(LittleSin is crazy!)

LittleSin

LittleSin

See. I just AGREED with you.

Weird.

I fear this change.

makare

Once you break free from the monotony of your daily life and embrace the freedom of choice you will be happier than you ever thought possible. Viva La Change.

Emrys

Emrys

Once you break free and embrace the insanity, you will be happier than you ever thought possible. Viva La Change.
You meant this, right?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Sanity IS rather confining, after all.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You don't mind seeing things like

right?
Hell, no. That's just plain useful. It makes me smile.
Added at: 17:34
aw I post corny stuff sometimes :(
You're not a 58-year-old divorcee who uses unecessary ellipses as if she got a dollar for each one. I just don't think facebook is the place for her "look how happy I am, seriously, I swear I'm happy, "guyslookhowhappyiam" affirmations.

"I've been used a lot in my life. I chased men who didn't want to chase me back. You should never chase a man; make his ass come to YOU LOL. You never know who's going to turn around and stab you in the back, tho. I have no regrets, you guys. I have a darling hubby and a son who is amaaazinnnggggg. Goodnight everyone."

She has a status like this every damn day.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I know this pain. Except I have no fewer then FIVE relatives that do this. Each has annoying quirks to go along with it as well.
weather it would be incomprehensible text speak, all caps, nonsense punctuation, constant spelling errors or, perhaps the worst offender, my Aunt who combines all of these things into a cluster fuck that makes my brain try to crawl out of my skull.

Also, my sister is quite fond of posting song lyrics and then saying "You know who you are."

GYAH.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, the "you know who you are" thing. I hate that!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Oh, the "you know who you are" thing. I hate that!
I feel like some people don't actually know who the person is and are hoping someone will figure it out.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I feel like some people don't actually know who the person is and are hoping someone will figure it out.
I have often wondered how you could invert that for fun. Like just be totally absurd with it. "Rat feces/love connection/but you hated my fingers..... You know who are you are." But I feel like people are too stupid and dramatic that no matter how absurd or extreme you made it, someone would honestly believe you meant "You know who you are."

It's unfortunate.

BErt

4 hour layover between a flight from Dallas to Chicago, and a flight from Chicago to Detroit...only 2 hours to go.

I can't airport anymore.

Tress

Tress

Why in the fuck do they have to schedule the CSET test for my credential so early on a Saturday? I have to drive to a local high school roughly 30-40 minutes away and arrive by 7am. You fuckers, no one needs to be up that early on a weekend... especially for your stupid test.

makare

ok i was still stuck liking that... where is the agree one? goddamn it.

Tress

Tress

ok i was still stuck liking that... where is the agree one? goddamn it.
I think the buttons have been pruned. "Like" is as good as "Agree" in this case.

makare

I understand about that early test nonsense. It is unreasonable especially when the weather could bebad.

Tress

Tress

I understand about that early test nonsense. It is unreasonable especially when the weather could bebad.
Thankfully the weather won't be a concern. It's disturbingly warm right now, with highs in the 60's/low 70's this week. That's too hot for the winter, even by our standards.

Still, it's going to suck to get up around 5:30 on Saturday just so I can spend 5 hours at a high school writing essays. And I got to pay $100 for the honor.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sanity IS rather confining, after all.
So are straitjackets.

I just love those house coats that make you hug your self all.... day..... long.........

Tress

Tress

Why in the fuck do they have to schedule the CSET test for my credential so early on a Saturday? I have to drive to a local high school roughly 30-40 minutes away and arrive by 7am. You fuckers, no one needs to be up that early on a weekend... especially for your stupid test.
I just finished the test! I sure am glad I got there by 7am. It was important, since:
... they didn't open the door to let people in until 7:45
... they were late with the tests, which arrive separately
... the test started extra late because the proctor was new and didn't understand his own directions

After all that the test started at 8:30. And a woman arrived late at 10, but was still allowed to take the test. Soooo glad I got up at the asscrack of dawn for all this.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That deliciously marbled ribeye was too good for me to walk away from, and now I'm uncomfortably full.

BErt

That deliciously marbled ribeye was too good for me to walk away from, and now I'm uncomfortably full.

My God, the food in Louisiana...I did not want to leave.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My God, the food in Louisiana...I did not want to leave.
Man I'm sorry we never got together.. I felt pretty bad about it, but there was just no getting around my commitments. I'm so glad you found some good places to eat! Where did you go?

BErt

Man I'm sorry we never got together.. I felt pretty bad about it, but there was just no getting around my commitments. I'm so glad you found some good places to eat! Where did you go?
No worries...if you want to pretend that something little like "preparing to get married" is more important than meeting up with a halforumite, I can't stop you ;)

We ended up drastically underestimating our driving anyway and got through Lafayette like 2 hours early, so all of our stops were in New Orleans. We bar hopped a lot and ate dinner at Remoulade. Everything was fantastic though. Thanks for the suggestions.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Bua ha! I have a cousin who does this crap ALL THE TIME. There must be a special place in hell for these people.
I have FINALY trained my mother not to forward those innane "inspirational stories" to me.

Little girl, angel, dead relative, faith... blah, blah go fuck yourself.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Trained, eh? I'm going to start going TSST to people who do it and see if that helps.

Krisken

Krisken

Trained, eh? I'm going to start going TSST to people who do it and see if that helps.
Or spray them with a water bottle.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Or spray them with a water bottle.
Ooooh, I like that.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, my house is a disgrace. I haven't really cleaned up beyond picking up the garbage that will stink since New Years Eve. Work and Skyrim and avoiding responsibility has left this place a real disgrace. It's gonna take a couple solid days of cleaning to bring it up to snuff.

I don't wanna.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I miss my engagement ring. :( It was two sizes too big, so I had to ship it off to be re-sized. It could be as long as 3 weeks. Minor inconvenience, but it was difficult to send it off after only getting to wear it (on my thumb, but still) for a couple of days. I'm just an impatient little thing.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I miss my engagement ring. :( It was two sizes too big, so I had to ship it off to be re-sized. It could be as long as 3 weeks. Minor inconvenience, but it was difficult to send it off after only getting to wear it (on my thumb, but still) for a couple of days. I'm just an impatient little thing.
That's adorable. Especially with your avatar.

makare

Went to walmart to buy valentine's day stuff and they don't have it out yet. I was disappointed :(

LittleSin

LittleSin

Went to walmart to buy valentine's day stuff and they don't have it out yet. I was disappointed :(

...It's more than a month away!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

...It's more than a month away!
Pfft, that's what some clerk told me when I went looking for St. Patrick's Day stuff yesterday.

I told him my holiday's not a month. Duh.

makare

I like to decorate for valentines and I like to get new stuff each year. Just having the stuff up for a month bores me. I want to start now.

Gared

Gared

These new meds are a real pain in the ass to get used to. Stupid changing blood chemistry.

makare

I lost the makeup primer I got for christmas and I can't replace it because it is 20 dollars a bottle. :(

no es bueno.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's adorable. Especially with your avatar.
Got a notification today. I'll get it back around the 20th of this month. That's better than I thought. They said that some rings can take up to 6 weeks depending on how backed up they are and how complicated the design is.

General Specific

General Specific

I found out today that Frank Turner played a show 15 mins away from me back on Sept 25th. I was free that day, nothing to do, but I didn't get to go simply because I didn't know about it. :(

David

David

Asked out a female friend.
Got rejected.
Like a boss?

At least she didn't tell me "you'll find the right girl some day." I irrationally hate that phrase so much for some reason.

Krisken

Krisken

Got rejected.
Like a boss?
Shit on her desk.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Call a sex line.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Je ne peux pas parle français couramment.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Adam

Adammon

Je ne peux pas parle français couramment.
I'd say!

makare

I went and got my eyebrows waxed today. Holy hell did that hurt! It has never hurt that bad before and I include the time they ripped my actual skin off.

Goddamn. Ow.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I caught a cold from my sister last weekend. All week I was coughing and sneezing and had some serious drippage, but the past three days have been just... gross. The colour, the consistency, the.... quantity. Blech. Anyway that's why I'm at home today, posting here inbetween naps rather than being at work getting everyone else sick too.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Fuck this winter so far. First half of it was mild, warm and because of that icy as fuck from all the melting and freezing of snow and rain. Shitty, shitty, shitty. Now, to make up for lost time, the temperature has dropped 20 degrees (celcius) and it's been either a blizzard or the calm before another blizzard. This shit is truly the worst.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So, -49 tomorrow with windchill.

HOORAY!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Damn, dude, send some of that my way.

I'm still in short sleeves, and it's warm enough that the verdammten sand fleas are out in full force.

GasBandit

GasBandit

75 and sunny in Texas. Had to turn up the A/C a couple notches.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Funny how we were dying of drought and a massive heatwave just a few months ago eh Gas?

*goes back to enjoying her amazing weather*

GasBandit

GasBandit

Funny how we were dying of drought and a massive heatwave just a few months ago eh Gas?

*goes back to enjoying her amazing weather*
Indeed - in fact, the thought that kept me going through all that was remembering and looking forward to my next 70-degree Christmas.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Since I'll be facing a cool front today, I did not run my AC yesterday. It was bloody 78 in my house this morning... WPP

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'd rather live in a wintery hell hole than a desert like one.

I hate temperatures higher than about 25 degrees C.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'd rather live in a wintery hell hole than a desert like one.

I hate temperatures higher than about 25 degrees C.
Even though I like living in Texas, I'd tend to agree. You can always put more clothes ON, there comes a point where you can't take any more OFF. Also, while there is such a thing as "closed due to snow," "closed due to heat" is much rarer.

Bones

Bones

77° F, thats not even that hot.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

And I don't find -20 C (-4 F) that cold either. It's all relative.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is in January... Even by Texas standards.

Bones

Bones

oh pish posh, i dont find either of those to be extremes, I complain when we drop to -20° F or go over 95° F those are extremes. then again I am born and bred Minnesotan! :D

although 95 wont seem hot to you in the south, imagine it with 100% humdity

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was worried that going back to Colorado last month, I'd be all wussy about the cold. I was pleasantly surprised - all the locals were constantly bundled up while I enjoyed the brisk, 20-someodd degree weather with nothing more substantial than a hoodie. Didn't much care for the ice on all the roads though.

Bones

Bones

I was worried that going back to Colorado last month, I'd be all wussy about the cold. I was pleasantly surprised - all the locals were constantly bundled up while I enjoyed the brisk, 20-someodd degree weather with nothing more substantial than a hoodie. Didn't much care for the ice on all the roads though.
I do my field work at this time of year in a hoodie, its not that bad. when it goes below zero I grab a jacket and gloves, just for the walking. take the gloves off when I am working on something.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It's -30 degrees celsius here right now (-22 degrees fahrenheit)... it's a bit cold.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I HEAR YOU SIR!

It is cold.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Alberta is definitely cold at the moment... I hope my car starts :)

Adam

Adammon

We're in some kind of chinook here in the mountains of BC. Unseasonably warm while the rest of BC gets battered by record snow dumps. Kind of refreshing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?!!

We're in some kind of chinook
Oh, ok.

/drum fill

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

although 95 wont seem hot to you in the south, imagine it with 100% humdity
I don't have to imagine it: I live in Savannah.

Bones

Bones

I don't have to imagine it: I live in Savannah.
do you also get the tomorrow it will be 10 below with a blizzard after being hot and muggy? if so you and I are soul brothers in the pain of living in the kind of weather that stories are made of!

Adam

Adammon

*img snip derp derp derp*

WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?!!

Oh, ok.

/drum fill
While I will admit I laughed at your clever use of wordplay, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind

GasBandit

GasBandit

While I will admit I laughed at your clever use of wordplay, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinook_wind
Pictured: Canuck Chinook.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Got rejected.
Like a boss?

At least she didn't tell me "you'll find the right girl some day." I irrationally hate that phrase so much for some reason.
Shoulda dropped trou and asked, "So, how about it?"

Also, did you remember to MAN THE FUCK UP?

drifter

drifter

We're in some kind of chinook here
Sounds like Nick's prom night?
Added at: 18:29
Alternatively, envisioning some kind of horrible tauntaun-type scenario with salmon.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

You're gonna need a bigger boat...

Frank

Frankie Williamson

We need one of those fucking chinooks.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I want these motherfucking chinooks off the motherfucking plain!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Yo dog... I heard you like aircraft.......

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Emrys

Emrys

-31F (-35C); feels like -51F (-46C).

It's too cold even for the frost giants. I'm inviting them in for tea.