Where Do You Stand? (2016 Election)

Politifact can be a little fast and loose sometimes when assigning their ratings, depending on the paper which does the rating. That goes for both sides here, and more often than not it is skewed toward the false rating, especially if the claim is controversial/headline grabbing.

Politifact can be a little fast and loose sometimes when assigning their ratings, depending on the paper which does the rating. That goes for both sides here, and more often than not it is skewed toward the false rating, especially if the claim is controversial/headline grabbing.
Yeah, when they first started they were pretty useful, but it's been years since they started skewing things to improve their audience capture. Still interesting, but definitely more "entertainment news" now rather than "news you can use to make decisions."

PolitiFact are the One True Power, the Only Media you can Trust, and a Haven of Truth and Goodness in the media landscape these years. Or, you know, like every other media site out there, they have their own agenda and will, on occasion, skew news in one direction or another to make things look better.

They're not as bad as some, worse than others.

I don't keep up on what is and isn't etc, I just thought it was funny that the most apparent truth teller is also the one least likely to ever receive the nomination.

PolitiFact are the One True Power, the Only Media you can Trust, and a Haven of Truth and Goodness in the media landscape these years. Or, you know, like every other media site out there, they have their own agenda and will, on occasion, skew news in one direction or another to make things look better.

They're not as bad as some, worse than others.
It's not just that, it's also multiple newspaper editorial boards deciding what is true and false. So looking at their data set to determine who is more truthful is unfortunately very misleading. The inconsistency and the cherry picking of topics to cover makes the numbers in the list pretty sub-standard. At least with Fox News or CNN, I can gauge the likeliness of the rating being bullshit :)[DOUBLEPOST=1458686177,1458686131][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't keep up on what is and isn't etc, I just thought it was funny that the most apparent truth teller is also the one least likely to ever receive the nomination.
Welcome to politics.

More flagrant, you mean. Previously it was something you got away with. These days it's almost like you earn Party Ponts (TM) based on the number of opposing votes you suppress.

--Patrick

The Koch suckers now running the WV legislature rammed through a voter ID law even as the major papers were reporting there wasn't a single instance of voter fraud on the books. It was all campaign officials committing the crimes.

You know I've always been kind of curious how one would be able to catch voter fraud seeing how there's no real checks at polling places.

You know I've always been kind of curious how one would be able to catch voter fraud seeing how there's no real checks at polling places.
Something like 300 cases nationally last year... which is one case for every 420480 people who voted in 2012 or .0000002 percent of all voting that year, give or take a zero. In other words, if ALL fraudulent voting took place in a single precinct in the US, it STILL couldn't a effect a local measure, let alone a national one.

Of course, this is only the ones we catch.

Maybe, but this recent Arizona primary was still schetchy as hell
No, see, that's the difference between VOTER fraud and ELECTION fraud.

Voter Fraud is voters using false identities to vote more than once, or voting under a false registration.

Election Fraud is manipulating the voting process and results to skew the election. Things like gerrymandering, hacking voting machines, having your former president husband block a polling place for hours, declaring your precinct before all the votes are counted, etc.

Hilary's getting this nomination even if she has to steal it.

Anyone who switched over from independent, check your registration online. Even with a voter card, there's some fuckery going on and if there's still a chance to catch it, best do so.

Well I can't say I understand exactly how it works, but I guess Sanders has won Nevada now. I kinda just wish people could vote and that'd decide these things. All this in between stuff is too messed up and just seems to reduce the impact the regular voter has.

I think that it's messed up that some states make you chose to be Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. Texas is just that , you get to vote in one primary or another, and not "pre-determined" what party you must vote for.

I think that it's messed up that some states make you chose to be Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. Texas is just that , you get to vote in one primary or another, and not "pre-determined" what party you must vote for.
Really? I don't mind that. I wouldn't want people who don't support my party deciding who represents my party best.

Really? I don't mind that. I wouldn't want people who don't support my party deciding who represents my party best.
To me it's more of, support the person that best represents your desires, rather than, vote for who "your" party has allowed to stay in the race. Especially when people announce that they are suspending campaigns even before you get a chance to say they are your choice or not.

Well I can't say I understand exactly how it works, but I guess Sanders has won Nevada now. I kinda just wish people could vote and that'd decide these things. All this in between stuff is too messed up and just seems to reduce the impact the regular voter has.
Colorado does this same thing though. It's a caucus thing. If a delegate doesn't show and they have to pick an alternate, the alternate's choice is the one that counts. They usually try to match preference, but they have to go with what they have.

BTW, Colorado's choice for national convention delegates isn't set in stone until April 16th.

All I know is, I've been getting ALL sorts of calls for Drumpf, along with a scattering of stuff about the Supreme Court race here in Wisconsin (in case you didn't know, we have a one-judge conservative majority on the SCOTSOW, which is why Act 10 was upheld).

And I have already voted. #feeltheBern

Fucking millennials. Fuck. Them. They wanted a revolution. They wanted to make a difference. Then the primaries happened and they were like, "But it's spring break, bruh!"

Fuck you.
Well, my spring break trip ended up being during the primary so I'm doing an absentee ballot so I can kill trees and waste time voting for Bernie in New York. You happy, old man?

http://www.denverpost.com/election/...ocrats-admit-mistake-that-cost-bernie-sanders

This is all irrelevant ANYWAYS, because nothing is set in stone until this weekend... and our delegates that we "elected" can decide to change their vote right up until the official voting. I don't know if it's very likely, but we had some delegates to the county caucus swing to Bernie just based on no alternate for the other candidate showing up from their precinct.

Also, I hate all the Repub candidates, but the Colorado results for them were pretty shady, considering that Republican local caucuses did not have straw polls for president.

Last edited:
Hillary Clinton's going to be a just-fine, average President. She's going to do some gross Right Wing shit (that republicans will still vehemently oppose), kill a LOT of innocent people in the Middle East, but she'll probably appoint enough Supreme Court justices to keep the country from sliding too far back into the 1950's in our lifetimes.