Where Do You Stand? (2016 Election)

I say this as someone who actually likes Elizabeth Warren... but if Elizabeth Warren cared so much about this, maybe she should have fucking run for President instead of Bernie Sanders? She'd be doing better against Hillary right now than he is.

Both of you are full of crap. It's possible for her to criticize Ted Cruz without wanting or needing to run for the job herself. And maybe she doesn't actually want to back anyone. There's nothing wrong with that.

Zappit

Staff member
It is possible Warren doesn't want either one. Or, more likely, she's in a better position to endorse after the dust settles, rather than betting on what could be the losing horse.

Or she might just prefer Hillary and is afraid it would hurt her liberal street cred to endorse her.

Or she doesn't want to piss off her own party heads because she's already on thin ice with them from what I hear, and she wants to run next time once the dust settles.

Or she doesn't want to piss off her own party heads because she's already on thin ice with them from what I hear, and she wants to run next time once the dust settles.
This is my thought too. The success of Bernie Sanders has made it clear that Americans can and will support farther left candidate than most people thought (even if he probably won't win). That means that she actually has a chance come 2020-2024.

That's a possibility too... Elizabeth Warren as a vice presidental nominee would add a lot of clout and silence a lot of complaints for ether compaign.

That's a possibility too... Elizabeth Warren as a vice presidental nominee would add a lot of clout and silence a lot of complaints for ether compaign.
While Clinton/Warren would certainly help in pulling in the more progressive/left crowd, I doubt they'd dare to go with team of two women. I dunno, White Aged Guy In Suit is still the picture most people have of someone in charge. It's probably scare away some more on the right.

of course, anyone from moderate to left who'd go vote would vote for Clinton/Clinton before voting for Trump :p

Dave

Staff member
Both of you are full of crap. It's possible for her to criticize Ted Cruz without wanting or needing to run for the job herself. And maybe she doesn't actually want to back anyone. There's nothing wrong with that.
I disagree with your assessment and do agree with the assessment that it's more about not pissing off the CNC (Clinton National Committee). Bernie lines up perfectly with her beliefs and Clinton is everything she is against. Sometimes acting like Switzerland hurts your cause more than helps. This is one of those times. A Warren pledge only helps her by giving Bernie a boost. Not backing Bernie actually hurts her causes.

Dave

Staff member
He can call himself a horse, doesn't mean I'll stick a saddle on him and ride him into town.

That's pretty much the equivalent of your boat taking on water and listing to one side, and you decide to correct it by blasting a hole in the other side of the hull.

Team Hillary's dirty trick of the day: DNC phonebanks calling voters in Indiana and informing that Sanders has dropped out of the race, and pushing a Hillary vs Trump scenario.

GasBandit

Staff member
That's pretty much the equivalent of your boat taking on water and listing to one side, and you decide to correct it by blasting a hole in the other side of the hull.
One year I bought some bum fireworks, they were these plastic rockets that rested on their own fins, but the fuse was taped to one of the fins. For some reason the fuses were extremely reluctant to ignite. My buddy with the Bic was trying to light one of these rockets, but instead of the fuse catching, the plastic fin it was taped to started to melt. This caused the rocket to start to lean in the direction of the melting fin.

In a desperate attempt to correct the angle of the rocket (whose fuse would presumably ignite at any moment), my friend - who went on to get a masters in engineering, mind you - frantically started trying to use the lighter to melt the fin on the opposite side.

/facepalm

I'm pretty sure the footage of this happening is actually on my youtube account somewhere.

edit: yep. found it, though it's not very exciting cause it's from far away. You can only hear me making fun of him. Cue to 2:52 if it doesn't automatically.

Last edited:
Today in voter suppression: the Family Council of WV, your local scolds and bible thumpers, are against early voting because a candidate could be "caught with strippers and meth the day before the primary."

Do I smell a ratfucking plot?

Today in voter suppression: the Family Council of WV, your local scolds and bible thumpers, are against early voting because a candidate could be "caught with strippers and meth the day before the primary."

Do I smell a ratfucking plot?
Are they desperately digging for trash on Hilary again?

Dave

Staff member
Strippers adn meth would be an effective campaign platform. I'd vote for that over Trump.