Where Do You Stand? (2016 Election)

Oh like Nebraska is rainbow unicorns & cotton candy clouds :rolleyes:

On my 18th birthday I took my lunch period & went down to the school auditorium & cast my vote for Bush #41. This took some degree of forethought since you had to be on the books 30 days prior to election day in order to vote. Every presidential election since, I have voted Republican. I'm a moderate, middle of the road, fence straddler.

I just can't... CAN'T pull the trigger for Trump. I absolutely won't vote for Hillary. So I don't know what I am going to do.
Go vote Libertarian, just to help Gas out :p. Or vote Bernie, because Obama was still in the hole compared to Hilary at this point, then pulled it off. I know the Democrats and the media owned by the companies Hilary will keep giving political favors to don't want him in, but that doesn't make it impossible.

It could still be a Trump vs Sanders. I know it's not as likely as Trump vs Clinton, but it could still happen.

It's to the point where a certain percentage would vote for Hitler against Hilary, as long as you didn't mention him by name.

Necronic

Staff member
Trump really isn't a surprise at the end of the day. The Republican party at it's core was mostly about fiscal conservativism with some general social conservatism thrown in. The problem is that the only people that are incredibly passionate about that stance are mostly upper middle class/rich old white guys. At some point they realized that they couldn't maintain a party of "old white guys" so they started appealing a little more to the fringe elements that already somewhat supported them. A little farther into the religious right. A little deeper into the redneck vote. A little tighter with the racists. A little more pro gun, and little more understanding of militias. Never really giving them any political power, but maybe just a shoulder to cry on. At some point though these groups that they had been sucking in started looking at the candidates and would say "why are they presenting me with another boring rich old white guy, they don't represent me. I'm a crazy person, and I need a crazy person to represent me."

I think the downfall of the republican party will end up being similar to the death of Rome. For whatever reason they expanded too far and allowed too many questionable people into their tent in the thought that they would be able to control them. In the end though they never could control them, and the otusiders ultimately took over. Right now the crazies are driving the bus and the rich old white guys are still trying to figure out where they got the keys.

I just can't... CAN'T pull the trigger for Trump. I absolutely won't vote for Hillary. So I don't know what I am going to do.
Show up to the polls on election day, fill out the rest of the ballot, and turn it in. Participate, show you care, but don't vote for a candidate you don't feel comfortable supporting just because the Democrat and Republican parties have told you that you have to. Voting for the lesser of two evils is what chumps do after complaining that all the candidates are terrible and wondering why things never improve.

I will never be as enthusiastic about anything the way some of the people at this caucus are enthusiastic about Bernie Sanders.

I am reading the propositions we are supposed to vote on, and I don't think I'm left enough to be here.[emoji14]

There is literally a proposition on this ballet that says "That there be term limits" yes/no

WTF is this even referring to? The fuck if I know.

I hate vague blanket statements.

Dave

Staff member
There is literally a proposition on this ballet that says "That there be term limits" yes/no

WTF is this even referring to? The fuck if I know.

I hate vague blanket statements.
So ask for clarification.

You have not seen the size of this ballot, and the amount of vague blanket statements.

This is basically just a ballot about what democrats should try to push this year, it's not passing laws.

But I have to sign it, because caucus ballots have to be public soooo....

No person shall be elected to any public office beyond their natural lifespan, and no person who was held any public office beyond their natural lifespan shall be elected to any public office after the expiry of their current term. But this article shall not apply to any person holding any public office when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding any public office during the term within which this article becomes operative from that public office during the remainder of such term.

Get liches out of our government! Make politics undead again!

No person shall be elected to any public office beyond their natural lifespan, and no person who was held any public office beyond their natural lifespan shall be elected to any public office after the expiry of their current term. But this article shall not apply to any person holding any public office when this article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding any public office during the term within which this article becomes operative from that public office during the remainder of such term.

Get liches out of our government! Make politics undead again!
Dead people voting, however, shall continue to be an untouchable part of our democracy.