[News] US Capitol Siege 6 January 2021

Penzeys has been on top of this shit from the beginning.
They have been making their feelings known about certain contentious issues in increasingly less subtle ways as time has passed. Elections, gun control, etc. It used to be subtle wording, but now they have themed bundles, yard signs, pins, and so on.

--Patrick

Here it is, about a year later, right on schedule...
Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes charged with seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 Capitol riot

The 56-year-old, who was at the Capitol that day but has said he did not enter the building, is the most high-profile person charged in the investigation so far. He is charged with seditious conspiracy, along with 10 other Oath Keepers members or associates, officials said.

OOOPS

Can't wait to hear ANY detail of them flipping on each other. That kind of shit always makes me laugh. They will flip on each other SO hard and give up anyone and everyone they can.

They remind me of frat brothers who try to explain themselves to police when the school's mascot is found dead from alcohol poisoning. Suddenly their "no snitch" rule doesn't matter anymore and they trip over themselves in their haste to sell each other out.

Today my son's high school basketball team played an old rival school that recently moved to Indiana for..."reasons". Since the game was on our court, they had to follow the state mask mandate.

As their form of protest, every student of theirs who showed up at the game wore a "Trump 2020" hat or flag, surrounded in "patriot" wear and gear, while bringing a mask and not wearing it once they sat down. Must have been over a hundred students. They claimed it was a bit to rile us up and protest the mandate, but glorifying the Jan 6 insurrection isn't exactly my concept of tactful protest.

Please note: This is not from the last election, this is two governmental candidates coaching a crowd of potential poll workers on how they should behave during the next election.

--Patrick

*and barred from ever holding any public office.
...because forget about the fascism and naked irony, anyone who claims to be running for public office while simultaneously attempting to destroy the process that would put them there is TOO DUMB to be allowed to hold said office.

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Someone needs to remind them that a coup is only "legitimate" if it is successful. Otherwise it's insurrection.

But then again, nobody beyond nobodies has gone to jail over it, so can you really say it failed, I guess?

Someone needs to remind them that a coup is only "legitimate" if it is successful. Otherwise it's insurrection.

But then again, nobody beyond nobodies has gone to jail over it, so can you really say it failed, I guess?
Well, they're just now getting to all of the big charges like sedition. I'm expecting/hoping some o' them proud boys to do some serious prison time. Now if some of them political backers were to get sent down to the pokey, that'd be righteous.

GasBandit

Staff member
Wait! Maybe this one guy was the only one seditioning and the rest were just caught up in the enthusiasm?
...ehh, probably not.

--Patrick

It's not a gotcha moment, it's just a step to convince a judge that cheeto and his lawyer discussed the coup, and therefore is not privileged.

I thought about putting this in the standard poli thread, or in the Trump thread, but I think it belongs here, instead.

...seriously? The answer to rampant Democracy is to crown this dude GovEmperor of Florida?

--Patrick

I thought about putting this in the standard poli thread, or in the Trump thread, but I think it belongs here, instead.

...seriously? The answer to rampant Democracy is to crown this dude GovEmperor of Florida?

--Patrick
It's the only way to make sure *real* democracy works, which is to make sure only the WHITE RIGHT people get to vote.

They have also found that most of the insurrectionists weren't hicks from the hollers. Sure, some of them were, but many more came from highly populated counties where the white population had been in decline. For every 1 percent drop in the white population, that county was 25 percent more likely to produce insurrectionists. And boy howdy are they white. The vast majority are whiter than unseasoned mayonnaise casserole. The most widely held belief among those clods is that white people are deliberately being replaced by the Democratic party. I saw this paranoia when I visited the wife's family in Florida and talked with people in that community. "THEY want to tear us down!" "THEY don't think we belong here anymore." "Where my country gone?" Etc. I also realized that had it not been for my wife being motivated enough to study and escape, she might well have stayed behind and fallen in with the People of Walmart. I've got friends and colleagues who are originally from Pittsburgh, Connecticut, and Maine. They say that unfortunate development has happened to many of their old high school classmates.

Last edited:
I'm really tempted to, when he finally puts his BIGGS CONGRESS signs up later this year, painting a big Z on them.