[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

AW COME ON-the evil Cadmus lady is a Luthor? Couldn't she be like, her own villain, have her own kids whom she acts lovingly to like Damian Darkhe was? Fuck, this is the SECOND time this show has an obvious Lex Luthor replacement, and the SECOND time they have a replacement character for a main-stay! Only THIS time its a replacement character for a replacement character of Maxwell Lord who was the ORIGINAL replacement character for Lex Luthor.

I'm still liking this show, but that was a weak twist in my opinion.

I find I don't have the patience to sit down and watch anything these days. Not even TV shows. Only shows I've been watching on any regular basis are Flash and Doctor Who. Can't remember the last time I sat down and watched a movie.

Yoshi consumes media like I consume water or air. It's like he's jacked into the matrix or something.
Not gonna lie, I WOULD consider downloading TV-shows directly to my brain Prometheus style.

Better points about this new Supergirl season, LOVE Alex and Maggey's relationship, and the alien bar looks straight out of Buffy the Vampire slayer and I love it....wanna punch Mon-El in the face every time he talks though, that's for sure.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have to say, I'm not sure I would be on board for direct-copypaste of entertainment, at least not for myself. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to learn piloting or fighting or any other skill, matrix-style... but this basically sounds like Diet Total Recall. You didn't watch a movie, but you get the memory of having watched it. To me, that kind of defeats the purpose (mind you, I also wouldn't get a Recall vacation either, so there's that).

But I suppose it will all be moot, post-singularity, anyway. When your mind goes digital and sheds your meat husk, you'll never "watch tv" the old, slow, analog way again, right?

Didn't getting a Recall make the recipient experience it, at least to them? I'd be down for that, but yeah if it just gave a memory that'd be a tad dull.

GasBandit

Staff member
Didn't getting a Recall make the recipient experience it, at least to them? I'd be down for that, but yeah if it just gave a memory that'd be a tad dull.
My understanding is that getting a "recall" meant you just got the memory of having experienced it, not actually experiencing it in your mind in real time.

Hm, yeah that sounds empty. If they have a version where I can experience it mentally, but not much time passes THAN I'd pay for it...and am just now realizing that'll be the more expensive version-CURSE YOU AWESOME FUTURE SCIENCE!

GasBandit

Staff member
It's so wonderfully 90s, as far as sci-fi goes. Everything was bright and shiny and awesome and usually allegorical of Lord of the Rings. And some of the dialog reminds us of why people bothered to put up with Harlan Ellison's insufferable self. B5 is still, warts and all, probably my most favorite Sci Fi series, even above Star (Wars/Trek).

Also on the topic of the Flash/Supergirl...anyone else getting X-men vibes? The themes of minority struggle and repressed nature represented through superpowers, its damn uncanny!

"Hank Henshaw is dead, I am Cyborg Superman".

OOOF...that was lazy. Dude didn't even have the symbol, I mean come the fuck on! I would've preferred if they did the Green Lantern thing and called him "The Cyborg".

Just watched this week's episode of The Flash. Won't spoil it, but - say, does anyone hear a phone ringing?

BECAUSE I CALLED IT.

Well, so did many others, but still!

LALALA-not caught up-LALALAL!

So despite everyone else hating Arrow, I still like it and I gotta say...the writers REALLY want to write for Batman. In Arrow Season 5: Invasion, Olly's placed in a virtual reality simulation-WHERE-he's married to the woman he loves, his parents are alive, and the world also has a Green Arrow so he doesn't have to be...that...that's STRAIGHT out of Batman TAS! I half-expected the leader of the Dominators to be Mad Hatter!

Finished catching up on Powerless. Here's my idea: Bring back Better Off Ted, but change it so that they're LexCorp
And have them meet the GothamSecurity team and be super nice to them, while Gotham security is super mean-ALL SORTS OF IDEAS!

SO-*CLAP* was anyone else afraid the lady in Martin Stein's visions was a different wife and not his new time-travel created daughter? Just fucking PHEW I say-PHEW!

And have them meet the GothamSecurity team and be super nice to them, while Gotham security is super mean-ALL SORTS OF IDEAS!

SO-*CLAP* was anyone else afraid the lady in Martin Stein's visions was a different wife and not his new time-travel created daughter? Just fucking PHEW I say-PHEW!
For Legends season 2 just turn off your brain and enjoy it.

I will NEVER turn off my brain to enjoy anything, I may be an amateur critic, but I'm still a critic. STILL THOUGH-its showing that going back in time and changing things is yet again not all bad, like when they made Albert Einstein reveal to the world it wasn't JUST him who came up with his great theorems but also his ex wife.

OH SWEET SATAN-every time Cisco talks about his dead brother I cry, I just think about my brother and the good times we've had as adults and how it can end at any time and-DAMN I NEED FIVE MORE DRINKS!

Okay Jesus Christ, when Jax brings up Stein's Abiration daughter, does he HAVE to say stuff like "Brought your wife to poundtown" or "Should've focused on wearing a condom"? Just needlessly vulgar in my opinion.

I am not sure why I capitalized it either.

SO...Howard the Duck exists in this universe? So that does that mean Marvel comics does as well? Would honestly like to see them critique Marvel.

Also how fucked is it that Legends loves the shit out of Star Wars, yet Marvel owns it? Spider-man can fight Darth Vader, but not Ray Palmer ooooooooooh no.

Recently just started watching Rectify on Netflix.

Damn good, but damn intense. It's definitely not a binge show or background noise show.

Legends of Tomorrow

I'm confused why they have to meet up with Tolkien DURING World War 1...dude...dude had a life AFTER the war, and not every single part of his life was an historical event that would've been changed. Are we still sure that magic Occulus deally isn't deciding their fate? Because my only other theory is that Gideon secretly wants the Legends to suffer.

Edit: ALSO-the spear of Destiny is invincible, but the blood of Christ isn't? That makes NO sense.

Last edited:
Arrow

I'm gonna say that even though the endless conflict is repetitive...but I'm guffawing at season 5 of Arrow WAY less than any other Arrowverse show right now. I mean hell, I feel Prometheus' identity was actually a neat twist, as well as Prometheus being a neat interpretation of the villain. Sure he doesn't have his, download anything into his brain powers, but honestly that WAS a bit gimmicky. Speaking of Arrowverse-

Flash

I know Savitar is an evil metahuman demi-god...but I gotta agree with him on Cisco sticking himself at Tech support despite having some BAD ASS super powers. You can do both man, Barry's still a CSI, even AFTER he logically should've lost his job as Julian was totally right in putting his friends above the law(until he magically turned out to be a secret supervillain, magically nullifying it because fuck consequence).

Oh also the Legends get what they deserve for treating Mick like crap all the time, this is the SECOND time he went evil because of their dickery. BE NICER YA JACK-ASSES-Legion of Doom gets a giant black mushroom fortress because of you.

Why does the Legion of Doom lair look like a mushroom by the way?

Last edited:
Supergirl

OH THANK SATAN-Lyra was a criminal for sad refuge reasons, was gonna be pissed off if they made her JUST a manipulator. Also-OH MY GLOB-Kara dumped Mon-El? The guy who totally respected her and always told the truth? WHAT INJUSTICE!

But seriously, this will only lead to good character development for him.

The Flash: Duet

...eh. It was okay I guess, but "Mayhem was the Music meister" was WAY better, also Music Meister was a REAL villain in that and not some stupid fucking lesson teacher. Dude was basically just Mr.Mxyzptlk with a musical theme, and even then the theme could've been done and HAS been done a lot better. This was not "Once more with feeling" is all I'm saying.

Edit:...okay I posted this before that final song, that ALMOST made up for the...idiocy with-in it, but still a damn good finale song.

Last edited:
DAMN-Legends ended with a bang. SUCK IT EOBARD!

ONTO FLASH-why is it that emo-hair Barry from the future's costume looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. The bright red looks a lot better than dark red, that's just me.