[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Just watched all but 2 episodes of Preacher. I sincerely believe that Garth Ennis works are best when adapted into other mediums by people with a modicum of self-restraint. This show is disgusting in all the right ways, where there were many times the comics felt like they derailed into attempts to show the most depravity they could while still being attached in some way to the main story line.

So Barry can only get a bad ass mech suit and Caitlin can only get bad ass ice powers .... if they turn evil. Ain't that just the damn way.

Also I won't lie in saying I'm a LITTLE confused why Cait's meta gene made her go kookoo bananas. In the comics she killed people with her cold powers because she NEEDED to, to feed off their body heat. In this version. ...she's just nuts? Still loving the show, but I felt that could've been explained better.

FUCK YEAH-Cat Grant! And OF COURSE
she makes James right away, FUCK I've missed her. Hell, only reason she still doesn't think Supergirl is Kara is because her alien surrogate dad bailed her out! Is it in a Kryptonian's blood to be terrible at disguise? At least in television of course.

And apparently the president is
...Chameleon Wonder Woman? CLEH-its an adaptation, I'm good.

How fucked is it that EVEN after being poisoned by Silver Kryptonite, Earth-38 Superman STILL doesn't cause as much destruction as his Snyderverse counterpart?

Welp, an asshole on Twitter fucking spoiled The Flash finale. I wasn't even going to be able to watch it until I got home from work tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Arrow finale

Oh gee, what a totally suspenseful cliffhanger, that didn't annoy me in the slightest and detract from the bad-assery of this finale. I am totally perplexed by what is going to happen next season...should I assume 2 out of 4 Berlantiverse shows are just going to end on dissapointing cliff-hangers from now on?

Was doing some sewing this week so I finally started watching House of Cards. I'm in binge mode now. I wonder if I will catch up by Friday, since I will need to binge Orange is the New Black then. :p

Have finished Lilyhammer (Silvio from The Sopranos goes to Norway. Yes, really.); The Sniffer (Russian Sherlock Holmes whose keen sense of smell solves crimes). Both excellent.

Currently watching a rotation of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Daredevil, The Doctor Blake Mysteries, Father Brown, Death in Paradise, The IT Crowd, Black Books, Jack Taylor, Murdoch Mysteries...

GasBandit

Staff member
Richard Hammond nearly bought the farm.

James May's account

Jeremy Clarkson's account

TLDR: Hammond went off the road (probably in excess of 100mph) in a high performance electric supercar, broke his knee in the crash, managed to crawl out of the wreckage. Clarkson and May arrived on scene just in time to see the car burst into flames and Hammond's "limp body" being dragged away by the wrists, and have a couple minutes of dread and panic before they find out Hammond is awake, alert, and going to be ok.

May then proceeded to unplug Hammond's hospital equipment for a larff.

fade

Staff member
I'm not sure who those people in the hospital are, but that old lady better plug that guy's life support back in.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'll admit, Captain Slow does indeed look like an old british lady without too much imagination needed.

Same goes for Clarkson, really.

fade

Staff member
I admit I kind of like Shades of Blue, but I can't get past the idea that Ray Liotta looks like an old lady now.

GasBandit

Staff member
What, again?

He's also crashed a Cayenne and even a minibus on the show. If I ever have to go anywhere with him, I'm going to insist on being the one to drive.

--Patrick
Yes, indeed. AGAIN. Only this one was apparently off an embankment at only 100mph and bursting into flames :p

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
House of Cards is terrifying in a way no horror movie ever could be. Mostly because it's likely true.