[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Speaking of Arrow-

...they....they had to know how similar this looked! Ah well, Marvel writing for a CW premise don't sound like TOO bad an idea.

fade

Staff member
I watched the Grammys.

Beyonce's preggo self-homage was weird. Katy Perry's piece was nicely choreographed. It's a shame the artists who created that bit get so little credit.

Still enjoying Supergirl but...it feels more like Superman on occasion. The pointless love triangles, Bizarro and Livewire's origin, Maxwell Luthor, and now I'm on an ep that's a direct allegory of "For the man that has everything." I like it but...part of me still questions why they can't just do a live action Superman show? I feel the same with Batman and Arrow, fuck Olly even admits there's a damn ORACLE in their universe-THAT MEANS-there's a Batman.

Still enjoying Supergirl but...it feels more like Superman on occasion. The pointless love triangles, Bizarro and Livewire's origin, Maxwell Luthor, and now I'm on an ep that's a direct allegory of "For the man that has everything." I like it but...part of me still questions why they can't just do a live action Superman show? I feel the same with Batman and Arrow, fuck Olly even admits there's a damn ORACLE in their universe-THAT MEANS-there's a Batman.
They can do a Superman show, but they wanted to do a Supergirl show. It's not wrong to do a revision of "For the Man Who Has Everything." That's one of the better episodes (of season 1) and better at highlighting the difference between them because for Superman, Krypton is just words and explanations and maybe visuals. For Supergirl, it's home.

Flash crossover is the best season 1 episode and then season 2 tosses season 1 aside so hard that it recons a dozen things with little to no explanation.

As for Batman, FOX has the TV rights, hence Gotham. There is legally no way for Berlandi's bunch to have a Batman show.

They can do a Superman show, but they wanted to do a Supergirl show. It's not wrong to do a revision of "For the Man Who Has Everything." That's one of the better episodes (of season 1) and better at highlighting the difference between them because for Superman, Krypton is just words and explanations and maybe visuals. For Supergirl, it's home.

Flash crossover is the best season 1 episode and then season 2 tosses season 1 aside so hard that it recons a dozen things with little to no explanation.

As for Batman, FOX has the TV rights, hence Gotham. There is legally no way for Berlandi's bunch to have a Batman show.
I accept the first explanation especially that bit about Krypton being real BUT...am insanely annoyed by the latter explanation. First X-men,than Fantastic Four, now the Dark Knight, STOP HOGGING SUPERHERO PROPERTIES!

To be fair, Superman has had 2 live action shows in the last 20 years. I kinda like it better that they're focusing on Kara and having some over-lap than using Superman again.

I also kinda like that they can't use Batman for the same reason it was good Marvel couldn't use some of it's top-tier characters when they started the MCU: we know this character, it's been done to death, and it requires a little creativity instead of always going back to the Batman -well.

fade

Staff member
The most unbelievable part of Santa Clarita diet is when they say a chubby Nathan Fillion weighs 180 lbs.

Oh right and it's pretty good so far.

Why the FUCK did you guys not tell me season 2 of The Expanse started? You all disappoint me.
My bad, I was in the hospital binge watching it.

FUUUUUUUUUCK, the Rocci stealth fight was the fucking God damn mother fucking best sci-fi space battle ever.

fade

Staff member
Everybody keeps talking about this show. Gawker loves it. I think I'm going to have to pick it up.

Starting Vixen, because its canon in the Arrowverse, and its a mother-fucking animated adult DC story and WHY THE FLYING FUCK DON'T WE HAVE MORE OF THOSE?!

AND-like any Arrowverse first season of anything, I HAVE something to nitpick about.

Flash: So there's a lady with possible meta-human abilities, we should confront her.

Arrow: Agreed, and when we do let's be in FULL costume and just walk up to her door instead of in normal clothes. THAT won't freak her out at all!

Flash: Great idea, WE ARE THE SMARTEST SMART PEOPLE!

I do not blame her for running away, these boys ALWAYS had a problem with tact.

HA-Cisco wore a Catbug t-shirt. That almost makes up for the stupidity of how Barry told to try not and change too much, and THEN tells them the Piper has ear-bombs. I mean...for fuck's sake.

...why did Flash throw a lightning bolt at Livewire...the electricity based villain? Also I know its accurate, but Silver Banshee's make-up looked straight out of silly town.

Flash Season 2: Rupture

Or what I like to call it, the episode where I keep yelling-ACTIVATE THE STUPID PARTICLE ACCELERATOR AND GET YOUR STUPID POWERS BACK YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER! I mean granted I liked Cisco and his brother bonding and what not, but those nameless policeman's deaths are on their hands.

EDIT: And NO-the ending of this ep doesn't detract my opinion, he's a hero, take some damn risks, save the fucking world.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Last night, I put on some "Friends" to be on the TV to fall asleep to. I have all 10 seasons on DVD, but for convenience's sake I just set Netflix to playing them. And I quickly did a double take when I noticed some of the lines I remembered were missing.

For example, when Chandler's going to have to fire somebody, and his boss asks him, "You ever have to fire anyone before?" Chandler is supposed to reply "No, but that's why my name's on the door!... uh.. Do you know when I will be getting my name on the door?" And his boss replies "I don't know, I... I put it in the thing." Chandler asks "So, who will I be firing?" And the scene changes to Nina. In the Netflix version, it skips straight from "You ever have to fire anyone before?" to the scene change to Nina.

Turns out Netflix has the edited syndication version of Friends, not the original versions. I can understand why the shows were edited in syndication (trim down content in favor of MORE COMMERCIALS) but on Netflix, which has no commercial breaks, it feels like a bit of a raw deal.

Netflix has the edited syndication version of Friends, not the original versions. I can understand why the shows were edited in syndication (trim down content in favor of MORE COMMERCIALS) but on Netflix, which has no commercial breaks, it feels like a bit of a raw deal.
First the time compression conspiracy, now this?
I would rather have my shows & stuff time compressed rather than cut. There's something about flat-out deleting content that just gets me riled. Some of the syndicated versions of Gilligan's Island are actually hard to follow sometimes because so much has been cut out.

--Patrick

AND-the Kevin Smith directed Speed Force episode makes up for the filler-splosion that was the one before it, minus the nice scene with Cisco and his brother of course.

Also finished Supergirl, and HOLY SHIT-do I love Cat Grant's progression as a character, even more than J'onn Henshaw's.

Considering how people keep claiming how good season 2 is...I'll just guess for now.

While I'm still loving the Flash, with Zoom's whole army of evil meta-humans...anyone else getting more Static Shock vibes than Flash? Just saying. Also feel free to spoil for me, does the god damned Elongated Man appear? They mentioned his name season one, and I NEED my silly stretchy detective.

Considering how people keep claiming how good season 2 is...I'll just guess for now.

While I'm still loving the Flash, with Zoom's whole army of evil meta-humans...anyone else getting more Static Shock vibes than Flash? Just saying. Also feel free to spoil for me, does the god damned Elongated Man appear? They mentioned his name season one, and I NEED my silly stretchy detective.
It's about fucking time we get Static on the live DC stuff. Put him on Flash, where he'd be great.

It's about fucking time we get Static on the live DC stuff. Put him on Flash, where he'd be great.
Holy shit yeah he would, they could work in his origin with Flash's EASILY! Have it be a big brawl in the seedier part of Central City, have Virgil and others get blasted! And if it also means the fucking return of Ebon than hell yeah to that as well! I know he was TV-only, but he was just COOL!

I'm catching up on Flash today. I think it's a bad sign that I completely forgot about last week's episode. This season has been very...meh. Of course, the big bad being ANOTHER GODDAMN SPEEDSTER sours it for me. I'll finish off this season but if they announce another evil speedster for Season 4, I'm out.

That said, it's quickly turning into The Tom Cavanaugh Show. He's the MVP of the show with the multiple Earth versions of Harry or HR, etc. Dude's fantastic.

Oh come on, really? I'm WAY okay with that being spoiled,that's just weak. Hell, I thought it was weak when Zoom showed up. ALSO-on the subject, Sears Zoom is okay, but he PALES in comparison to Tom's Thawne. Hell, real Wells makes a more chilling character than him at times, and he's practically a saint minus the one murder.

iZombie is starting to ramp up advertising ahead of season 3:

Both seasons 1 and 2 are available on Netflix.

I am a little concerned that, as the CW turns into all-DC TV all the time (and Supernatural!), iZombie is in danger of being lost in the shuffle. It's a fun show and worth a look.