[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

DC has kind of adopted the number 52 as theirs. It's just a reference, like Marvel keeps throwing 616 into their stuff.
YEAH-but it gets a little insane at times, like in the last ep I saw the dock they needed to go was labeled-YOU GUESSED it 52. Is this like their version of the Snail from Adventure Time?

GasBandit

Staff member
It only occurred to me the other day, that whenever I need a number for a generalization where the actual value of the number isn't important, I almost invariably pick 9.

As in "I'm trying to do 9 things at once" or "it takes her 9 hours to put on her makeup" or "Terrik was 9 miles ahead of the rest of the team"

Nine... nine... nine... NINE... NINE... NINE...

It only occurred to me the other day, that whenever I need a number for a generalization where the actual value of the number isn't important, I almost invariably pick 9.

As in "I'm trying to do 9 things at once" or "it takes her 9 hours to put on her makeup" or "Terrik was 9 miles ahead of the rest of the team"

Nine... nine... nine... NINE... NINE... NINE...

My go to has been 17, for some reason.

"HEY-I got an idea! Let's make Red Tornado a villain of the week on Supergirl instead of develop him into the bad-ass superhero tornado-bot he's known to be! THAT MAKES SENSE!"

Just...what the flying fuck?

He is a robot, made of tor-NADOES, of course he is! Or if not that, just a good character, full of that humanity seaking all the while fighting crime and such.

GasBandit

Staff member
Red Tornado's a badass?
Most of what I remember about Red Tornado is that he is who the DCAU JLU show used whenever a villain needed to show how badass he was by tearing a hero into tiny bits, but didn't want to lose their TV-PG rating to a shower of blood and guts.

"HEY-I got an idea! Let's make Red Tornado a villain of the week on Supergirl instead of develop him into the bad-ass superhero tornado-bot he's known to be! THAT MAKES SENSE!"

Just...what the flying fuck?
Again, that's just the first time you see him. He's a robot; why would "being pulled apart" be an end for him?

Along the above lines: the Lego versions of all the CW DC Heroes appearing tonight during Supergirl were pretty funny.

" 'CW'? That stands for 'Cryptonian Woman'!"
"THAT'S SPELLED WITH A 'K'!"

Again, that's just the first time you see him. He's a robot; why would "being pulled apart" be an end for him?
Because from what I've read its his only appearance, and his premiere didn't imply him going Skynet.

Onto Flarrow, I'm on that Vandall Savage team-up ep and I gotta ask...who puts a wooden bench in the MIDDLE of a field? Its just a weird place for a bench, did the writers write in a bench sitting real-talk scene but than remembered "Oh crap, there on a farm this episode...fuck it, just move the bench there."

ALSO-kind of amazed they found a way to make me not want Hawkman and Hawkgirl to get together more than I did while watching Justice League Unlimited. When Stawkman is more likable than you, you gotta take a deep hard look at yourself. "Typically I'm the one who makes the plans, and now I see why." How the fuck did she not dump your condescending ass in 4000 years? TWO HUNDRED PLUS DEATHS MAN-you are clearly a terrible strategist.

YEAH-but it gets a little insane at times, like in the last ep I saw the dock they needed to go was labeled-YOU GUESSED it 52. Is this like their version of the Snail from Adventure Time?
And Pixar.
My go to has been 17, for some reason.
Kati's is 14. Mine are usually low primes (7, 13) except for 8. I really like 8 for some reason. Maybe because it's 2^3.
Let's make Red Tornado a villain of the week on Supergirl
Well it sorta makes sense. He was originally a villain (villain construct?) who got "turned," much like Hymie.

--Patrick

Along the above lines: the Lego versions of all the CW DC Heroes appearing tonight during Supergirl were pretty funny.

" 'CW'? That stands for 'Cryptonian Woman'!"
"THAT'S SPELLED WITH A 'K'!"
Who spells 'Woman' with a 'K'?

[I need this explained to me.]

[/I need this explained to me.]

Also:

Last week, I ran across some speculation that the CW would not explicitly tie in with the Lego Batman Movie because the suits at the WB were concerned about the inevitable comparisons between that movie and certain other movies featuring the same characters.

I am glad that speculation was incorrect. However, this week, I have already heard someone point out that Zach Galifianakis makes a better Joker than Jared Leto.

Who spells 'Woman' with a 'K'?

[I need this explained to me.]

[/I need this explained to me.]

Also:

Last week, I ran across some speculation that the CW would not explicitly tie in with the Lego Batman Movie because the suits at the WB were concerned about the inevitable comparisons between that movie and certain other movies featuring the same characters.

I am glad that speculation was incorrect. However, this week, I have already heard someone point out that Zach Galifianakis makes a better Joker than Jared Leto.
I really hope they do these shorts all week.

OH MY GAH-Patty and Barry broke up?! But they were so...interesting together...yeah. Seriously, him being with Linda had more staying power, and that was pegged as the obvious future break-up from the START.